• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

icechai

good luck guys!! and yes the party system is horrendous, especially since it takes ages to get to the clan list to see what games everyone is in! It's easier just looking at buddy list grrr.

carlos

Had a funky bug while playing CTF in omega factory, there was this psychadelic yellowish mist, the size of the level, going around in circles...lasted the entire game

Imagine a ceiling fan, but turned sideways, covering the entire level in its yellowishness o_O

just hit Captain rank (90,000 points); I think I may be just about done with the game, unless its playing with you guys; playing with random people is getting very annoying, there's hardly any talk or teamwork (but I guess we all already knew that).

Took me a month to get 20,000 points (how I miss the days before the points system changed). So at that pace it would take at least 9 more months of hardcore playing time to get to General...no thanks, I've already gotten my money's worth (probably my most played game ever, even with its faults)

Steroyd

Hey guys I'm going to post a challenge on the match finder on gamebattles for the 16th of February (next next Saturday) at 8PM GMT.

8v8 players
Room Name: !GAF
Password: believe (mandatory for the match finder)
Score limit: 100
Friendly Fire: 100% on

I'll try and keep tabs on it to see if anyone picks it up.

Ceb

Don't mix Warhawk with lack of sleep. I was out and about taking care of some business when I caught a glimpse of a road cone that was emitting a red light. I kind of winced for a split second and thought "oh shit, land mine!". :p

User 406

Banned
Okay, here's are current list of available players this weekend:

Sea_Manky
ChryZ-US
The_Marquis
Arkestra
carlos
TEEPO (NEEDS TO ACCEPT INVITE AT GAMEBATTLES FIRST)
methane47
DireStr8s (Saturday only)
Grayman (Sunday only)
Steroyd
PlayerBeyond
mintylurb (Sunday only)
Bloody_Marcel (NEEDS TO REGISTER AT GAMEBATTLES FIRST)
burnfout (Sunday only)

Looks like Sunday is our best bet, so I'll go ahead and let nmoe know what we've got and see if we can't get an official accepted challenge hammered out today.

Teepo and TTP, need you guys to get fully set up at Gamebattles, so don't dally!

I'm going to send =Q= a challenge for Saturday once the FGC match is set up, so DireStr8s, you'll get a chance to play, assuming =Q= actually shows. XD

Oh, and if you want a morale boost
CSSer
, check out the latest post in my match request thread at CG: http://www.consolegaming.eu/forum/showthread.php?p=947414#post947414

CHALLENGE VARIOUS PEOPLE VS GAF IT IS NOT GOOD IDEA

Edit: Sweet, nmoe just replied, they want a 10 vs 10 on sunday, so we've got plenty of people for alternates as needed. Gonna set up the challenge now. It'll be a best of 5 match. :D

Edit 2: Also sent a challenge for a 5v5 to =Q= for Saturday 3pm EST/8pm GMT, let's see what happens. If you want to be in that match, you need to be registered on consolegaming.eu. THIS MEANS YOU TTOB!

Sea Manky said:
Looks like Sunday is our best bet, so I'll go ahead and let nmoe know what we've got and see if we can't get an official accepted challenge hammered out today.

This is a slip of Lurbian proportions!

Team Little Girl and Sea Moe-nkey! :p

Edit 2: Also sent a challenge for a 5v5 to =Q= for Saturday 3pm EST/8pm GMT, let's see what happens. If you want to be in that match, you need to be registered on consolegaming.eu. THIS MEANS YOU TTOB!

9q8nqq.jpg

Sea Manky said:
Hey don't knock it, from the tremendous amount of people who initially wanted to join, we've kept a pretty good lineup of hardcore players. "Barely ten players" a few hours after I post about the match is pretty good considering all the other clans we've had matches against have had trouble fielding five with lots of advance notice. :p

Most clans on gamebattles have less than ten members total, while we've got close to 20 people with email addresses in the clan list staying active, and probably a few more who are still playing but just didn't notice I sent them a PM. Then there's those who did respond but just haven't given me a contact address because THEY WEREN'T PAYING ATTENTION OR SOMETHING HINT HINT.

As an online game, Warhawk seems to have some damn good legs in keeping the interest of a large hardcore group of players. Still hundreds of servers running every day, and the game's almost half a year old. I think we're doing pretty well.

Edit: But yeah, the clan/friend/invite implementation does suck. I'm hoping the upcoming 1.3 patch will help with that. And I can't wait for in game XMB access, whenever that's coming out.

I sent you my email addy right?
i still need to check consolegaming.eu, but i signed up on that other one

carlos

from reading those first thread pages, I finally noticed: wtf happened to Click?
Did he get burnt out faster from playing the beta so much?
I remember him setting up a server and playing with him only in the first month maybe after release.

User 406

Banned
pancakesandsex said:
I sent you my email addy right?
i still need to check consolegaming.eu, but i signed up on that other one

Nope, I don't have an address for you yet. You can PM it to me.

Once you're signed on at CG, let me know your name there and I'll send you an invite.

And I think Click has been MIA for months, he was mentioned a couple times on the Warhawk boards that I saw, and they were wondering what happened to him too.

icechai

Sea Manky said:
icechai, does this mean you'll be playing? I think it does.

hehe nope, don't really get a chance to play in the daytime sadly.

On another note, quite curious as to what 1.3 will add, Warhawk is probably the online game I play most since Counter-Strike, but they really need to update a whole buncha stuff.

ChryZ

Sea Manky said:
And I think Click has been MIA for months, he was mentioned a couple times on the Warhawk boards that I saw, and they were wondering what happened to him too.
I was also wondering. I got him on my friends list, but he wasn't on for month and pretty much disappeared from one day to the other.

Steroyd

Database

Here's an easier on the eye online spreadsheet version of Sea_Manky's database, copy and pasting the format messed up where everything is supposed to go, which I'll eventually get fixed.

icechai

Steroyd said:
Database

Here's an easier on the eye online spreadsheet version of Sea_Manky's database, copy and pasting the format messed up where everything is supposed to go, which I'll eventually get fixed.

I'm sure I pmed with timezone available times and email :( and CG and Game Battles name is icechai

User 406

Banned
Icechai, you've been invited on both ladders.

BTW, did you know your PSN is missing a 'c'? It shows up as icehai.

Nohne, you've been invited on CG too.

And here's the latest list:
Code:
GAF Name		PSN Name	CG.eu Name	CG.eu Status	GB Name		GB Status	Host	Email?	Timezone	Available

Ceb			Arkestra	Arkestra	In Roster	Arkestra	In Roster	24	Yes	GMT+1	F-Su 2p-6p EST, S-Su >4a EST, WD <6p EST rnd
Sea Manky		Sea_Manky	Sea_Manky	In Roster	Sea_Manky	In Roster	8	Yes	EST	Almost anytime
carlos			carlos		Prcarlos	In Roster	gafcarlos	In Roster	2	Yes	EST	Anytime
CSSer			PlayerBeyond	PlayerBeyond	In Roster	PlayerBeyond	In Roster	12	Yes	EST	WE open, WD 6p-11p EST
burnfout		burnfout	Burnfout	In Roster	burnfout	In Roster	8	Yes	GMT+1	>8p GMT
kazenone		Nohne		Nohne		Invited		Nohne		In Roster	8	Yes	GMT	>5p GMT
teepo			TEEPO		teepo		Invited		teepo		Invited		?	Yes	EST	WE & W open, MTThF >10p EST
Escalation		Escalation	Escalation	In Roster	Escalation	In Roster	?	Yes	PST	4p-9p PST
ChryZ			ChryZ-US	Chryz		In Roster	ChryZ		In Roster	4	No	GMT+2	WD 7p-11p GMT, WE 12p-5a GMT
Grayman			Grayman222	Grayman222	In Roster	grayman222	In Roster	4	Yes	PST	?
methane47		Methane47	methane47	In Roster	methane47	In Roster	16	Yes	EST	?
nickslicl		DireStr8s	DireStr8s	In Roster	DireStr8s	In Roster	8	Yes	?	WD >5p EST
TTP			Bloody_Marcel	Bloody_Marcel	In Roster	Bloody_Marcel	In Roster	12	Yes	GMT+1	?
The Take Out Bandit	The_Marquis	The_Marquis	In Roster	The_Marquis	In Roster	?	Yes	EST	WE open, WD >8p EST infrequently
icechai			icehai		icechai		Invited		icechai		Invited		?	Yes	EST	F-S >1a EST, possible WE daytime
Hukasmokincaterpillar	DirtyWater	DirtyWater	In Roster	DirtyWater	In Roster	?	No	EST	WE 3p-5p EST
Guled			Nytekrawla	Guled		Invited		Guled		Invited		?	Yes	?	WE <9p EST
mintylurb		Mintylurb	mintylurb	In Roster	mintylurb	In Roster	?	Yes	?	WE 2p-5p EST
Agent X			AgentX		?		-		Agent_X		Invited		?	Yes	EST	WE >3p EST
RoH			REDEMPTOR	?		-		Roh		Invited		?	Yes	EST	WE >3p EST
GoncaloCCastro		GoncaloCastro	GoncaloCastro	Invited		GoncaloCastro	Not free agent	?	No	GMT	WE
Steroyd			Steroyd		Steroyd		In Roster	Steroyd		In Roster	?	No	GMT+1	?
kaching			kaching		?		-		kaching0	Invited		?	No	EST	>10p EST, flexible
Arsenic			Syndicate3	?		-		ArSeNiC		Invited		20	Yes	EST	?
spwolf			nmook		?		-		?		-		?	Yes	GMT+1	WE >3p EST
Trevelyan		Trevelyan	Trevelyan	In Roster	Trevelyan	Invited		?	No	EST	?
Epix			Epix		Epix		In Roster	Epix10		In Roster	?	No	MST	?
h3ro			m0nkeyhero	?		-		H3RO		Invited		?	No	EST	?
BlackGoku03		BlackGoku03	BlackGoku03	Invited		?		-		?	No	EST	?
Prelude514		Prelude514	?		-		?		-		?	No	EST	WE >3p EST
peacemountain		peacemountain	?		-		?		-		?	No	GMT+1	Can't play regularly
Kalren			Xostas		?		-		?		-		?	No	MST	Has moved on, wouldn't mind staying if room
pancakesandsex		pancakesandsx	?		-		pancakesandsex	In Roster	?	No	?	Su 3p-5p EST
sd3127			SaladDodger27	SaladDodger	In Roster	?		-		?	No	?	?
skrew			skrew		?		-		SKREW		Invited		?	No	?	?
thundersabre		thundersabre	?		-		thundersabre	Invited		?	No	?	?
Oni Jazar		Jazar		?		-		?		-		?	No	EST	?
Avellon			Avellon		?		-		?		-		?	No	CST	?
onadesertedisland	Cacophony	?		-		?		-		?	No	CST	?
TheJollyCorner		IrishFigg	?		-		?		-		?	No	CST	?
freethought		freethought69	?		-		?		-		?	No	GMT	?
numble			numbler		?		-		?		-		?	No	PST	?
acevans2		Micheal_Bluth	?		-		?		-		?	No	CST	?
rc213			rc213		?		-		?		-		?	No	PST	?
S.L.			SL_		?		-		?		-		?	No	GMT+1	?
Tailzo			Tailzo		?		-		?		-		?	No	?	Can't play regularly
jonabbey		jonabbey	?		-		?		-		?	No	?	?
johnFkennedy		JohnFKennedy	?		-		?		-		?	No	?	?
revolverjgw		revolverjgw	?		-		?		-		?	No	?	?
projectkuro		projectkuro	?		-		?		-		?	No	?	?
The Hug Dog		Huggers		?		-		?		-		?	No	?	?
GAZERK			GAZERCK		?		-		?		-		?	No	?	?
InterMonicker		CaliChronz	?		-		?		-		?	No	?	?

GIVE ME YOUR DATA!

User 406

Banned
Okay, turns out FGC already had a GB match scheduled Sunday at that time, so they sent us an updated challenge for 7pm EST. Now that's midnight for europeans, so if that's not going to work let me know and we'll reschedule for next week.

Should have known it was too easy. :(

User 406

Banned
Okay, I've gotten too many responses from people who would have a problem with the later time, as expected, so I'll go ahead and get that match rescheduled for next Sunday.

On the upside, Damage Control finally got back to me and they want to do a 10vs10 match as well. I'll see if I can get them to commit to our now open Sunday afternoon/evening. :)

User 406

Banned
Yeah, if it's not inconvenient. I just hope everyone doesn't get irritated by my incessant "WHOOPS CHANGES TO MATCH DUR HUR" emails. :X

Need as many volunteers as we can get.

mintylurb

ChryZ said:
10pm GMT would leave me with just 1h for the match and 6h of sleep before work. Sorry, hopefully next time.
Yeah ;<. But, don't worry though. we have dick girl and methane on our team. We can win this!

User 406

Banned
Okay, out of our original list of volunteers for the Sunday match, we've got seven who've confirmed they can play at the 5pm EST/10pm GMT timeslot.

Confirmed:
Sea_Manky
Arkestra
DireStr8s
mintylurb
burnfout
Escalation
RoH

Can't make it:
ChryZ-US

Need confirmation:
The_Marquis
carlos
methane47
Grayman
Steroyd
PlayerBeyond
Bloody_Marcel

And the match is going to be 8vs8 instead of 10vs10, so that gives us a bit more slack, but alternates are always good just in case.

Oh, and I keep forgetting, we also have that theoretical 5vs5 match with =Q= on Saturday at 3pm EST/8pm GMT. Figure there will be enough of us for that, if they show up. :p

Ceb

carlos and PlayerBeyond are essential for a win. *crosses fingers*

EDIT: It's a damn shame Warhawk doesn't support spectators. :mad:

methane47

I'm available for both games I'm pretty sure.

In other news..

AWESOME games tonite Guys...... It was really bad when all of GAF got air-born they didn't have a chance.

mintylurb

Ya good game except for that one time when i got knifed by dire. at least I got him good in the air! ;d And damn that escalation for snatching up wh weapons just when I'm about to get'em.

Ceb

I won't be around to post until Sunday, so I'll just make it clear now that if there's tight competition for the spots on the team, I'm willing to forsake my place for the benefit of someone else.

User 406

Banned
Okay, we've got enough people for the new time on Sunday so I've gone ahead and accepted FGC's updated challenge. Would still like to hear from people though (especially carlos :p) so we have a good number of alternates in case some people need to leave early and get some shuteye.

For tomorrow, as I said before, I'm not holding out great hopes that =Q= will actually get their shit together and show. But I figure in either case it would be good if the clan assembled at 3pm, and whether the match happens or not we can either set up a server or invade one and get some good practice in.

And! We have another challenge on gamebattles, this time from clan Soul Wings. It's for Tuesday the 12th, at 6pm EST/11pm GMT. It's only a 4vs4, so our US guys should be able to handle it, although Euro guys would be awesome too. Volunteers?

ChryZ

Sea Manky said:
Okay, we've got enough people for the new time on Sunday so I've gone ahead and accepted FGC's updated challenge. Would still like to hear from people though (especially carlos :p) so we have a good number of alternates in case some people need to leave early and get some shuteye.
I'm available for some foreplay/training and would be able to fill in for one hour in case someone is late. It's also possible for me to check back here inbetween rounds and drop-off tag-team style.

if you're going against a good pilot and want to off them, keep a lightning ready and don't use the burst, just machinegun and wail with the zaps= death for most pilots.

User 406

Banned
Here's our current confirmed lineup:

Sat 3pm EST/8pm GMT vs =Q= 5vs5 (or just big GAF get together practice):
ChryZ-US
mintylurb
methane47
PlayerBeyond
Sea_Manky

Sun 5pm EST/10pm GMT vs FGC 8vs8:
Arkestra
Bloody_Marcel
burnfout
DireStr8s
Escalation
methane47
mintylurb
PlayerBeyond
RoH
Sea_Manky
Steroyd

Tue 6pm EST/11pm GMT vs SW 4vs4:
Sea_Manky

Please let me know if I left your name out or you'll be there for any of them.

Edit: HEY ONADESERTEDISLAND CHECK YOUR PMS

Top Bottom