• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

User 406

Banned
Ok TToB, I put you down for all three.

Edit: onadesertedisland, I sent you an invite on GB. nickslicl, put you down for Tuesday.

User 406

Banned
Reading the gamebattles rules it says that we can sub in as many eligible players between rounds as we want. I'm thinking that if some of the Euro guys just want to play a couple of the matches and then go to bed we could work that out ahead of time and come up with a list of people playing in each game so everyone gets a shot. Does this sound workable or will it just add another layer of confusion? Not like we've worked out who is starting each game anyway. :p

burnfout

Sea Manky said:
Reading the gamebattles rules it says that we can sub in as many eligible players between rounds as we want. I'm thinking that if some of the Euro guys just want to play a couple of the matches and then go to bed we could work that out ahead of time and come up with a list of people playing in each game so everyone gets a shot. Does this sound workable or will it just add another layer of confusion? Not like we've worked out who is starting each game anyway. :p

I'm voting for a split between saturday/sunday/tuesday.

Let's just work out the starting line ups and stick with that, hard enough as it is :)

So i picked up the original warhawk on psn, holy shit that game is bad. I deleted it, ill never finish it ever. I thought it'd be closer to colony wars but on earth than to beating my dick with a hammer. Live and learn.

carlos

Hey guys, I was away from the pc for a bit, like I said before, unless I specifially say that I can't make it (or I've been absent for 5+days), always assume that I'm available.

I'm confirming my presence at the weekend dates mentioned a few posts above, as a regular or backup, you just let me know what you need.

I'm a maybe for Tuesday, I'd like to, but possibly won't be at my house at that time

I assume freethought's internet still isn't fixed? too bad...

Grayman

zoku88 said:
I just got this today. Are there any servers that gaffers play on?
sometimes server names hosted by gaffers get posted here otherwise the sony servers just fill up as they fill up so we don't have a set fav like US-CFT-Lage1 because that would be weird and wouldn't work :p

icechai

Sea Manky said:
Icechai, you've been invited on both ladders.

BTW, did you know your PSN is missing a 'c'? It shows up as icehai.

err did you get the right icechai? Just sent you a msg in PSN, i'm definitely icechai not icehai. :p

Steroyd said:
Babelfish: English to American

Star Fox 64.

And if you don't know what Star Fox is, I'll eat you alive. :mad:

Let us not speak of inferiority in the Warhawk thread.

I'm sure there's some Furry board you can go spread your diseased message on. :p

Oh and I've blocked PM's on that .eu site. Not on there three days and I get spammed. >:O

User 406

Banned
Wow, MattZani actually replied to me this morning. He says we're hosting, so someone with a >8 player connection will need to set up a server with this rotation:

Server Name: GAFv=Q=
Pasword: believe
Type: Player
Max Players: 10
Min Players: 10
Spawn Delay: 5 Seconds
Start Delay: 5 Seconds
Max Rank: General

Advanced Options

Enable Voice: Tick
Allow Switch Teams: Tick
Randomise Teams: Un-Tick
Balance Teams: Un-Tick
Freindly Fire: 100%
Allow Split Screen: NO
Split Same Team: NO
Intermission: 0.30

CTF OPTIONS

Fly With Flag: Un-Tick
Return time: 20

Game Options

Map Rotation: 1 of 3

Map: Badlands - Northern Front
Game Mode: Zones
Score Limit: 5000
Time Limit: 15mins

Map: Badlands - Fortress
Game Mode: Team Deathmatch
Score Limit: 50

Map: Island Outpost - Bridge Out
Game Mode: Capture The Flag
Score Limit: 3

After that, all that remains is to figure out who is starting in the match and who is hosing. I'm going shopping for a few hours, so you guys can figure that out. :p Remember only people who are eligible on the consolegaming.eu team can participate, although someone who isn't can still host a dedicated server for the match. (RoH?)

Looks like it will be a short set of matches too, so afterwards we should keep playing together for practice and fun. :)

RoH

I heading out for a while, so I will host. Give me a moment to set it up. I can only set a max min player of 12/8

User 406

Banned
Arrgh, I'm a fucking IDIOT.

Dunno what I was reading when I went down the original clan list online, but I read it as "icehai" but I went back and looked and it's clearly "icechai".

I went and made the changes in the ladder rosters, but that means you won't be eligible for today's match. I'm sorry. :(

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Sea Manky said:
Wow, MattZani actually replied to me this morning. He says we're hosting, so someone with a >8 player connection will need to set up a server with this rotation:

Server Name: GAFv=Q=
Pasword: believe
Type: Player
Max Players: 10
Min Players: 10
Spawn Delay: 5 Seconds
Start Delay: 5 Seconds
Max Rank: General

Advanced Options

Enable Voice: Tick
Allow Switch Teams: Tick
Randomise Teams: Un-Tick
Balance Teams: Un-Tick
Freindly Fire: 100%
Allow Split Screen: NO
Split Same Team: NO
Intermission: 0.30

CTF OPTIONS

Fly With Flag: Un-Tick
Return time: 20

Game Options

Map Rotation: 1 of 3

Map: Badlands - Northern Front
Game Mode: Zones
Score Limit: 5000

Map: Badlands - Fortress
Game Mode: Team Deathmatch
Score Limit: 50

Map: Island Outpost - Bridge Out
Game Mode: Capture The Flag
Score Limit: 3

After that, all that remains is to figure out who is starting in the match and who is hosing. I'm going shopping for a few hours, so you guys can figure that out. :p Remember only people who are eligible on the consolegaming.eu team can participate, although someone who isn't can still host a dedicated server for the match. (RoH?)

Looks like it will be a short set of matches too, so afterwards we should keep playing together for practice and fun. :)

I will host (max 12p here) and partecipate to this. k?

There is no max/min 10 p option tho. only 8 or 12. I assume I should go with 12.

carlos

What's the scouting report on the Q clan? If they do show, they shouldn't be much of a problem right?

The big one's tomorrow...is there a rotation of maps set yet? we should irc chat for a bit to discuss strategy (i'd say voice chat over WH, but since there are so many problems with voice...)

carlos

So far for today's match it's

TTP (host and player)
Steroyd
ChryZ
Escalation
CSSer
Sea Manky

its 5on 5, so somebody's gonna get left out :/

let me know after the games if there's gonna be practice/server invasion ;)

User 406

Banned
Tomorrow's matches are:

Eucadia CTF
Island Outpost TDM
Archipelago ZNS
Badlands CTF
Archipelago TDM

Unfortunately the challenge info doesn't specify the exact maps.

I can sit today's match out since I'd probably be of more use tomorrow.

And yeah, I want to get together and play after the match today too. :D

User 406

Banned
You know, I'd love to play every match, but we've got a pretty sizable clan and most of the matches we'll be getting will probably be in the 4-6 players per team range, so if we have the same few guys starting every match, it's going to suck for the rest of the clan. Better if everyone gets a shot.

CSSer

Sea Manky said:
You know, I'd love to play every match, but we've got a pretty sizable clan and most of the matches we'll be getting will probably be in the 4-6 players per team range, so if we have the same few guys starting every match, it's going to suck for the rest of the clan. Better if everyone gets a shot.

I'm pretty sure most of us wouldn't mind giving up their space so that you're on the team. Victory is more probable >___>

Steroyd said:
Rob is MINE :mad:

Don't you mean tom?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Sea Manky said:

I can host a dedicated server and let someone else take my spot as player no prob.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
So less than 10 mins right? Let me know about who's playing so I can set a player or dedicated server.

Please be fast.

User 406

Banned
Trying to get a hold of TToB, since he'd be ideal for the Fortress TDM. If not, don't worry about it, do what you like. Someone will jump in if needed.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Sea Manky said:
Trying to get a hold of TToB, since he'd be ideal for the Fortress TDM. If not, don't worry about it, do what you like. Someone will jump in if needed.

I'm creating a dedicated server then.
Too much Bornout Paradise today so I'd attempt to do flat spins on a jeep anyway roday :D

Will play tomorrow.

Enjoy your game.

Top Bottom