• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

jonabbey

Sea Manky said:
Yeah, that's fine. I have no idea how jon suddenly jumped in when he hasn't responded to the roll call, signed up for either clan ladder, or posted in this thread in ages. If he had stayed in, our team would be subject to penalties.

I just saw friends playing Warhawk, got in, looked at the clan members list, saw where y'all were, and jumped in, in lamentable ignorance.

Mea culpa.

I'll try and pull up the roll call and see what I have to do to get legit.

User 406

Banned
Yeah, check your GAF PMs, that details the info we need from you. We're on the clan ladders at consolegaming.eu and gamebattles.com. Today's match is a CG ladder match. We are going to be getting together afterwards to play, so stick around.

Edit: Oh my, it turns out SNURKS isn't on their roster. :X

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
=Q= won the CTF match 2 to 1.

Have to pull down the server now. Kid got back home and wants to crash the shit out of Burnout Paradise. :D

See you tomorrow!

We didn't get destroyed. It was 2 Blue / 1 Red, and our defense kind of fell to poo. And somehow I managed to get their flag. lulz

They really seem to like the agrro tick style of CTF. Hole up in our camp and snatch'n grab.

Still we kicked their asses. :D

Yeah, sorry. I ended up on the server instead of Sea Manky, that would have tipped CTF in our favor.

I tried. :)

Sorry for some of those TK's, when it gets hairy I just turn into an autocannon.

Also, I'll make sure to have my iPhone handy next time we do this for evidence.

User 406

Banned
OH SHIT PLAYING WITHOUT SEA MANKAY WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DOOOOOOOO

LOL CSSeeyore OWNED

Kick ass, guys! According to the rules their team has to report the loss, so that should be that. They also post postmortems in their forums, so we'll keep an eye out for that too.

So, we gonna start a server or invade one? :D

User 406

Banned
Dammit, I'm retarded, I didn't even realize that maps and rounds were two different things in the challenge. I just sent Matt a note, let's try to get it going again.

Anyone else with a >8 player server? ;;;;____;;;;;

Well one good thing about not playing our first game with BEASTMANKY is they'll be like "LOLN00BONCTF!"

Then we unleash the Manky and it's "OMGNOTMYBUTTNOTMYBUTT!"

No way we would have lost Zones. We DOMINATED at the start, and I don't believe they were prepared for my lack of respect for my own stats.

"YOU TAKE MY LIFE, BUT I'LL TAKE YOURS TOO!"

2e5s8w0.gif
2dv7e3m.gif
2exyro1.gif

CSSer

Sea Manky said:
CSSer, you can handle 12 players, right?

ANYONE WHO CAN SERVE 10 PLAYERS RIGHT NOW?

Don't you remember I tried, and people couldn't join for some reason? You were alone and suiciding.

Sea Manky said:
Man, I feel really bad now. :(

pancakes, just select create game from the menu and it'll test your connection.

oh neat

hey you guys ever think of setting up an irc channel for during games? prolly be a lot easier.

User 406

Banned
I was thinking we need something like that, but someone tried to set up a GAF warhawk channel earlier in the thread and nobody but me ever joined.

But yeah, a better system for communicating on game days is sorely needed. Maybe some free web based irc room we could set up so people can use it from their browser?

User 406

Banned
Okay, found a possible solution.

http://www.mibbit.com/

Free web based irc, just load it up, put in your server, nick, and channel and you're good to go. Figure we'll use it on game days, use the default mibbit server, with the channel name #gafhawk. That way alternates and players can quickly communicate in real time so things don't get confused.

We'll try using it tomorrow.

So is anyone interested in playing now? I need to be cheered up with some mines. :(

CSSer

I still have a few games left in me for today. I haven't been playing warhawk a lot lately, so it'd be nice to get some training before the gangbang tomorrow.

Sea Manky said:
Okay, found a possible solution.

http://www.mibbit.com/

Free web based irc, just load it up, put in your server, nick, and channel and you're good to go. Figure we'll use it on game days, use the default mibbit server, with the channel name #gafhawk. That way alternates and players can quickly communicate in real time so things don't get confused.

We'll try using it tomorrow.

So is anyone interested in playing now? I need to be cheered up with some mines. :(

Theres also www.ircatwork.com

User 406

Banned
Okay, cluster bombed mintylurb a few times, feel better. :)

I'll be out for the rest of the evening, father-in-law birthday party. :D

mintylurb

Sea Manky said:
Okay, cluster bombed mintylurb a few times, feel better. :)

I'll be out for the rest of the evening, father-in-law birthday party. :D
wth, when i'm just about to kill your monkey ass, you commit suicide. at least have the decency to die with honor! ;d

User 406

Banned
Oh, nmoe told me that we get to pick the maps for the 1st, 3rd, and 5th games.

So we need to pick maps for:
Eucadia CTF
Archipelago ZNS
Archipelago TDM

BYE GOING TO DINNER NOW

CSSer

Hmmm... pick my poison... the full big maps for Eucadia CTF and Archipalego zones, and the one with 5 middle islands for Archipalego TDM.

Top Bottom