• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Steroyd

er... Sea_Manky...

The rules state that if you go against someone who is too high/low a level you won't get xp from it whatever the result.

That said, I don't know if they're too high a level.

SPAZ! :p

Honestly I've been watching some of the assholes that avoid my missiles and it seems that flying in a sideways S pattern seems to shake the lock more effectively than me spazzing the fuck out and getting assrammed either way.

Although Sea Manky would be a better guy for tips as I fucking hate Warhawks. >:|

carlos

CSSer said:
That's the thing... that's all I do, along with suicide rushes and a few mines here and there. I still don't know how to dodge a homing missile effectively without using chaff/running away with stealth.

Well, as long as you know how to shoot a homing missle....
I have a feeling today's gonna be an warhawk vs warhawk fight, mostly...

mintylurb

okie, while you kids decide on who's going to start against fg, ima go play some wh. As I've told steroyd, I'm more than willing to give up my spot for anyone who wants to play today.

User 406

Banned
Yeah, I need to warm up too.

I'll bite the bullet and post a lineup I'd think would have an excellent shot at winning today:

Arkestra
Bloody_Marcel
carlos
DireStr8s
Escalation
methane47
PlayerBeyond
Sea_Manky

Now if some of those dropped out and other people took their place, that wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I'm not being overly diplomatic or sensitive here either, because I really do think that all the clan members who continue to play Warhawk on a semi-regular basis are all good teammates to have at your back. Everyone understands the game, and what needs to be done to win. We don't have any flag campers or people who do nothing but snipe. Whenever I'm in a game and see a [GAF] tag, I think, "Yay, clue!" Unless they're on the other team. :X

I'd also propose that going forward (after we beat the #1 team) we should keep track of how many times people have been in clan matches, so that when a new match comes up, out of the list of volunteers, the ones who have gotten the least play should get priority.

That's not to say that we can't make strategic decisions about lineups, but those should be rare. I think we're a strong clan, and don't need to be too particular about our lineup for most enemy teams.

Edit: Also, let's go ahead and start getting on mibbit. Again, go to http://www.mibbit.com, enter your nickname, enter #gafhawk for the channel, and click connect. I'm going to join and stay in there for the duration.

Steroyd

I thought because this was the FGC clan with the awesome record, we'd be more serious and organised but you sound like you want to go back to the first come first serve thing we usually do against clans.

pwning n00bs in a dogfight was fun. ^_^ Guess my Warhawking wasn't as shit as I had it in my head.

User 406

Banned
Actually, I'm just being a dithering douchebag. I do want to win and like I said, I have a lineup in mind, which might differ from other people's ideas for lineups, but I also don't want people to feel like they're not helping the team.

That said, yeah, I do want to crush these guys today. :X

I just don't want to get in the habit of stacking our team all the time. Of course, we haven't successfully finished a single official match yet, so I'm probably just borrowing trouble. :p

Fuck it, yeah, let's go kick ass.

mintylurb

Sea Manky said:
Yeah, I need to warm up too.

I'll bite the bullet and post a lineup I'd think would have an excellent shot at winning today:

Arkestra
Bloody_Marcel
carlos
DireStr8s
Escalation
methane47
PlayerBeyond
Sea_Manky

I'd also propose that going forward (after we beat the #1 team) we should keep track of how many times people have been in clan matches, so that when a new match comes up, out of the list of volunteers, the ones who have gotten the least play should get priority.
Wait, I don't see my name up there.! It's all lies! And here I thought I was a pretty decent pilot compared to other gaffers. :lol Anyway, have fun. I might as well go play some burnout then.

mintylurb said:
Wait, I don't see my name up there.! It's all lies! And here I thought I was a pretty decent pilot compared to other gaffers. :lol Anyway, have fun. I might as well go play some burnout then.

If by decent you mean consistently missing power-up pick-ups, then yes. :D

mintylurb

The Take Out Bandit said:
If by decent you mean consistently missing power-up pick-ups, then yes. :D
;b btw, when are you going to buy burnout. sabi is getting his copy tomorrow. we should all play together sometime

mintylurb said:
;b btw, when are you going to buy burnout. sabi is getting his copy tomorrow. we should all play together sometime

Never.

Online games that are not Warhawk which you can look forward to me playing:

Soul Caliboob 4 (I hope Olcidan is in it too)
Street Fighter 4

mintylurb

Sea Manky said:
God dammit minty, that's exactly the kind of bullshit that made me not want to post a list in the first place. >:|

Get in the fucking irc channel already, all of you! 15 minutes to game time.

http://www.mibbit.com/ Channel name #gafhawk
Wha, what i say! I though I was a decent pilot compared to other gaffers. It hurt me to see methane there instead of me..;< JK!! jeebus manky. I wasn't going to play anyway if other gaffers or more qualified person wanted to play. ;b relax. I'll play next week

methane47

Hey.. I just got home..

Some things came up last minute after I visited teh Scientology church today :)... and I didn't have time to come home and and tell you guys.. so I sincerely apologoise :( :(

You guys need any extras now?

User 406

Banned
Final result, 3-0 GAF! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Things we've learned:

GAF is strong.

ALTERNATES NEED TO STICK AROUND -- we didn't have the lineup we were expecting going in, and that's why it's good we had others willing to play. FGC ran into roster problems midway through.

Next time we play them, we'll need to stack the deck. :X

WOOOOOOOOOOO GAF WOOOOOOOOOOO

Ceb

I don't mean to brag, but going by this game we've got more adaptable players than them. They were mostly airborne in the CTF match and didn't have the same co-op rushing going on in Zones.

Still, excellent opponents and they've sure got a lot of individually talented members. Meriggi and that Venom guy in particular.

User 406

Banned
nickslicl, I saw you jump in for a bit, did you lose connection? Also, can you get in that mibbit site?

FGC was messaging me for a rematch, they're eager to play us again. :X

Ceb

Sea Manky said:
FGC was messaging me for a rematch, they're eager to play us again. :X

I say we should keep them hanging for a while. :p

In a way it's kinda nice that the =Q= game fizzled out. Nice to start our GB career with a bang! :D

User 406

Banned
We now have 215 XP and have jumped to level 3. I guess that's what beating the top gets you. :D

nickslicl: Is mibbit not working for you? Try a different browser, firefox worked on my laptop.

Ceb

Steroyd said:
I was amazed at how many and how fast we swarmed the middle base. :O

Steroyd, you did a GREAT job at covering the adjacent middle bases as well.

Hmm, you guys think we'll be able to rank high enough to be eligible for GB's Winter Season playoff? :D

From the PS forums:

YO PEOPLE!!! FGC has lost another one! Apparently a new Clan called GAFU took them on, FGC havin' a few players short, took the win! That's the 2nd known loss for FGC! Not to brag, 'n nothin' against those guys, but their level 8 rank is droppin'....slowly but surely. Hope they get on the rebound 'n fast!

The word is spreading. :D

Ceb

Just a suggestion: perhaps we should check with the clans "Xe/\/\pL@rY N!GGaZ" and "Bomb Squad Kittens" if they can play us on Saturday/Sunday? I noticed that none of them have any upcoming challenges, soooo...

User 406

Banned
Dunno about that uuencoded clan, but BSK is pretty well regarded on the warhawk boards. But in any case, we have a couple more outstanding challenges already, I'm going to see if we can't get them set for the weekend instead of weekday evenings. And do we have any more volunteers for Tuesday evening? If not, I'm gonna decline it. We're still a couple people short.

Ceb

I dunno if I already said it, but I'm not available on tuesday. I am on friday, but people like ChryZ, methane, minty and DireStr8s should be prioritized then.

ChryZ

Just read up on the FGC match. Good job, guys! :D

It was a good thing, that it was too late at night for me. I was sooo pooped yesterday ~_~

User 406

Banned
Looks like Soul Wings withdrew their challenge. Dunno if they got tired of waiting, or if they read about us beating FGC. XD

We got an opponent from Steroyd's match finder request for Saturday: 3pm EST/8pm GMT, 8vs8, best of 3. Opponent is The Legion of Doom, an unranked team. However, they only seem to have four members, so dunno what's up with that. If it happens, we'll be hosting.

We also have two challenges for Friday evening:

6pm EST/11pm GMT - The Best of Warhawk - 6vs6, best of 3

8pm EST/1am GMT - Damage Control - 10vs10, best of 5

The Damage Control match doesn't look feasible as late as that is, so I'm going to counter challenge them at our usual time Sunday. I'll ask for volunteers for the Best of Warhawk match, but if we can't get enough people before then, I'll just decline or reschedule.

And the videos have been reencoded overnight, gonna watch them and verify they're not glitchy then make a torrent.

So. We need volunteers! Friday evening at 6pm EST/11pm GMT, Saturday at 3pm EST/8pm GMT, and Sunday 3pm EST/8pm GMT. Sound off!

Top Bottom