• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

User 406

Banned
Any details on that expansion? Warhawk, the gift that keeps on giving. :D

Okay, I've just created a torrent for the videos here. I'm super-seeding, so don't worry if it doesn't show any seeds. And my upload is shit so it will take a while, and please seed when you've got them.

Update: The leader of Legion of Doom got back to me, and they are indeed going to have enough members for an 8vs8 on Saturday. VOLUNTEERS!

User 406

Banned
Steroyd said:
I'm always volunteering for every match.

I know you and others have said the same thing before, but I'm not going to make any assumptions, because the day I do will be the day you say, "Oh, well this Sunday I have to go do blah blah". :p

So if anyone wants to be in an upcoming match, please tell me, don't just assume it will happen and show up on that day, because if we don't get enough volunteers, matches can end up being cancelled. I'm not going to accept challenges if I don't have confirmation we'll have enough people, that way lies losses by forfeit.

In any case, I'll put you down for all three, Steroyd. :p Need at least two more people for Friday night and lots more for Saturday and Sunday! SOUND OFF!

User 406

Banned
Ceb, are you trying to download it? Because I see one peer, but I haven't uploaded a byte yet. I wonder if I set it up wrong.

Still need more volunteers for all games!

User 406

Banned
F-Pina, I don't have you in the clan list. We'll need:

Your PSN ID
What days and times of the week you're generally available
Your timezone
An email address we can use to notify you of matches (PM this to me, it won't be posted)

And we'll need you to sign up at gamebattles.com as a free agent in the Warhawk clan ladder, and at consolegaming.eu. Once you've done that, let me know your usernames on each site and I can send you an invite.

Looks like the torrent is uploading to someone, albeit slowly. :p

CSSer

I can go on this weekend, but I don't mind giving up my spot after yesterday's match.

This torrent is going to take forever.

User 406

Banned
CSSer said:
I can go on this weekend, but I don't mind giving up my spot after yesterday's match.

By weekend, which matches do you mean exactly? Just Sat-Sun or can you do the Friday match?

CSSer said:
This torrent is going to take forever.

GOD DON'T YOU EVER STOP WITH THE PESSIMISM?

User 406

Banned
Okay, here's our list of confirmed volunteers for the upcoming matches:

Friday 6pm EST/11pm GMT - The Best of Warhawk 6vs6 best of 3
0 burnfout
3 Arkestra
3 Bloody_Marcel
3 carlos
3 ChryZ-US
3 Sea_Manky
5 Steroyd
6 Escalation

Saturday 3pm EST/8pm GMT - The Legion of Doom 8vs8 best of 3
0 F-Pina
3 Bloody_Marcel
3 carlos
3 ChryZ-US
3 Sea_Manky
5 Steroyd
6 PlayerBeyond
6 The_Marquis

Sunday 3pm EST/8pm GMT - Damage Control 10vs10 best of 5
0 burnfout
0 RoH
0 TEEPO
1 pancakesandsx
3 Arkestra
3 Bloody_Marcel
3 carlos
3 ChryZ-US
3 Sea_Manky
5 Steroyd
6 Escalation
6 PlayerBeyond
6 The_Marquis

The number before each name is how many full games that player has played in clan matches. And yes, I'm counting the =Q= match because a full round was played through and that will help start distributing the numbers better. Think of them as EXP. :p

Priority will be given to people with lower EXP, but keep in mind that who gets in depends largely on who shows up. We had some no-shows last time, so even if you're likely to be an alternate, please show up and stick around. If we need an alternate, it's first come, first served, so hopefully that will motivate people.

Also note that these numbers will change as we go through this weekend's matches, so who plays in the first matches will determine priority for later matches as well.

Using mibbit worked out pretty well last time, so we'll continue to do that. Grayman and others who would prefer to use their regular irc client can, the server is mibbit.com. We'll work out the final lineups there before the matches start. The last couple matches the opponents grumbled a bit when we had more people than we were supposed to have pop in the game at first, so we need to be more dilligent about figuring out who is starting beforehand. We can also work out substitutions in advance as well.

We just barely have enough people for the Saturday match, I'd like some more volunteers just in case.

User 406

Banned
Here's our team page, you can see the matches in the upcoming matches box, just click on a magnifying glass icon for details.

Edit: One more thing, since we're higher ranked than The Legion of Doom, we'll need to provide a host for Saturday. So we'll need someone who can handle 16 players.

Ceb

You can put me up as a maybe for Saturday, in which case I could also host. I'm skeptical about hosting pro matches as long as I don't have a mic though.

methane47

Sea Manky said:
Nuts, I was hoping you could be the host. :X

Well... I'm willing to host a dedicated server

But .. I'm not sure if you guys will be able to join the game or not.. since it didn't really work too well before

Ceb

Sea Manky said:
I don't think being without a mic is a big deal, especially if we've got mibbit going during the match.

I also don't have a router, which is why I was jumping in and out of the IRC channel on Sunday. Ghetto tech! :p

ChryZ

methane47 said:
Come join .. let me know if it works or not
Joining, then "Unable to join game."

Try to move the PS3 into the DMZ of your setup or forward the following ports to it:

UDP 3478
UDP 3479
UDP 3658

methane47

ChryZ said:
Joining, then "Unable to join game."

Try to move the PS3 into the DMZ of your setup or forward the following ports to it:

UDP 3478
UDP 3479
UDP 3658

Its already DMZ'd

And I just went in to the router and opened up the ports for UDP..
I will restart and try again.. :(

Fun game though Arkestra!!

methane47

So I decided to try to set up a server with my ps3 hooked directly to the Modem (no router, no computer internet :(

And WALAH... it worked

had about 5 full games until i shut it off and went to eat

So I guess that means I can host!!

User 406

Banned
You should be able to set up the router somehow to work. Did you have stuff downloading on the computer when it was having trouble?

womfalcs3

Banned
Sorry if mentioned before, but how do you update in this game? I just go Warhawk, and I'm having a little trouble updating to v1.20.

As soon as I launch the game, I get the prompt for the download by the PS3 OS. Once it downloads/installs and the game is launched, the game software then installs something. Once finished, I get a prompt to restart the game.

I tried quitting the game then relaunching, but the PS3 OS freezes after the "loading..." sign comes up. I tried installing then restarting the entire system, and that also results in the same event.

Is this just me?

EDIT: Also, add me to the GAF team. My PSN ID is womfalcs3 and I live in the Eastern US time zone. 5 hours from GMT.

methane47

Sea Manky said:
You should be able to set up the router somehow to work. Did you have stuff downloading on the computer when it was having trouble?

Nope... i turned off bittorrent.. and was not downloading a thing...

My crappy router is crappy

womfalcs3

Banned
ChryZ said:
Strange, maybe your update data got corrupted. Remove it via xmb (game data utility) and try to reinstall.

The first two times I did this, I got 742 MB of data installed. The third time I did it, I got 832 MB (8## at least) of data, and it worked.

I played one deathmatch to test it out. I must get used to it as Resistance MP pacing/speed has gotten me out of whack.

RoH

womfalcs3 said:
The first two times I did this, I got 742 MB of data installed. The third time I did it, I got 832 MB (8## at least) of data, and it worked.

I played one deathmatch to test it out. I must get used to it as Resistance MP pacing/speed has gotten me out of whack.

Try playing UT3/PS3 and then play WarHawk, that will really through you off.

methane47 said:
Its already DMZ'd

And I just went in to the router and opened up the ports for UDP..
I will restart and try again.. :(

Fun game though Arkestra!!

I will post my routers port forward list when I get home later today, it should have all the ports needed for PSN, remote play, voice chat.... but its like 6+ ports. Does your router support port forwarding and or port range forwarding?

Top Bottom