• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

ChryZ

womfalcs3 said:
I played one deathmatch to test it out. I must get used to it as Resistance MP pacing/speed has gotten me out of whack.
Playing Resistance and Warhawk at the same time can be tricky. Well, at least it was for me unil I changed some of the control settings in Warhawk. It's been a while since I made those adjustments, but I prolly inverted the up/down axis to match Resistance. Hint: try out all aircraft control schemes (the default one is pretty weak).

carlos

Steroyd said:
So I have finally downloaded Sea_Manky's video and I'm just getting a black screen with sound. :|

try downloding the k-lite codec pack, and use VLC media player or Media player classic; I've never had any problems with any video file after doing this

icechai

nice vid Sea Manky, watched some of the first one before work today. I must say, you are more suicidal than I imagined, even knowing you die a lot! At least it feels like you die less often since you always get back into the battlefield so efficiently.

GB clan kamikaze's leader just IM'd me saying to tell you guys they "wants war"

methane47

RoH said:
I will post my routers port forward list when I get home later today, it should have all the ports needed for PSN, remote play, voice chat.... but its like 6+ ports. Does your router support port forwarding and or port range forwarding?

Yes and Yes

User 406

Banned
icechai said:
nice vid Sea Manky, watched some of the first one before work today. I must say, you are more suicidal than I imagined, even knowing you die a lot! At least it feels like you die less often since you always get back into the battlefield so efficiently.

GB clan kamikaze's leader just IM'd me saying to tell you guys they "wants war"

Yeah, I'm not much for self-preservation. Dying doesn't mean a whole lot to me. :p

We'll see about Kamikaze after this weekend. Any more volunteers for any of the current matches?

Steroyd: The videos use the H.264 codec with AAC endcoded sound.

nickslicl: wat

Edit: Just logged in and saw the clan messages about the matches, nice one, Steroyd! :D

RoH

Trust me all these ports serve a purpose on the PLAYSTAION on line Network. I recommend you set your system up with a static IP address and disable UpNp. These settings will get you a NAT2 with out DMZ. If your Router only supports port forward you will have to enter every port as a single port entry, and if it only support port range forward you will have to enter all the ports as ranges IE Port 10 to port 10. I apologize about the late post, I decided to get all my wisdom teeth removed after work.

2ufd4z4.jpg

16k8jdg.jpg

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Steroyd said:
So I have finally downloaded Sea_Manky's video and I'm just getting a black screen with sound. :|

That's how fast Sea_Manky is.

Besides, buy an HDTV Sea_Manky. Do it for your baby ;)

User 406

Banned
We don't watch TV, so he won't benefit until he's old enough to play. :p

Won't be long though, he knows how to hold the controller properly. XD

F-Pina

Hey Sea Manky!
Just got the videos, already watched the CTF one. Nicely done :)
Hearing the hicups and the "yays!" was funny :)

I probably need to test my connection with the server we are going to play on just to know what sort of ping i can expect. Where are we going to play?

User 406

Banned
The servers will be set up before the game starts by the people hosting. We're the higher ranked team for Saturday, so we'll be hosting that, and RoH has offered to do it. The other days will be hosted by the other team.

User 406

Banned
Hasn't really changed much, but here it is:

Friday 6pm EST/11pm GMT - The Best of Warhawk 6vs6 best of 3
0 burnfout
3 Arkestra
3 Bloody_Marcel
3 carlos
3 ChryZ-US
3 Sea_Manky
5 Steroyd
6 Escalation

Saturday 3pm EST/8pm GMT - The Legion of Doom 8vs8 best of 3
0 F-Pina
0 RoH (Host)
3 Bloody_Marcel
3 carlos
3 ChryZ-US
3 Sea_Manky
5 Steroyd
6 PlayerBeyond
6 The_Marquis

Sunday 3pm EST/8pm GMT - Damage Control 10vs10 best of 5
0 burnfout
0 pancakesandsx
0 RoH
0 TEEPO
3 Arkestra
3 Bloody_Marcel
3 carlos
3 ChryZ-US
3 Sea_Manky
5 Steroyd
6 Escalation
6 PlayerBeyond
6 The_Marquis

methane47

RoH said:
Trust me all these ports serve a purpose on the PLAYSTAION on line Network. I recommend you set your system up with a static IP address and disable UpNp. These settings will get you a NAT2 with out DMZ. If your Router only supports port forward you will have to enter every port as a single port entry, and if it only support port range forward you will have to enter all the ports as ranges IE Port 10 to port 10. I apologize about the late post, I decided to get all my wisdom teeth removed after work.

http://i32.tinypic.com/2ufd4z4.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/16k8jdg.jpg

Thanks alot man.. It seemed to have worked..
I just tried it out.. and I just played about 5 games with some REALLY horrible players (which padded my stats QUITE nicely lol 67 kills in one round)...

But anyways.. I'm about to leave home for a bit.. and I think I'll put up a Dedicated Ranked Server you guys could use for now..

Name "!Battle"
Islands: TDM
Badlands: DM
Eucadia: CTF x2
Omega Factory: Zones

GO!
I hope it works for you guys

RoH

methane47 said:
Thanks alot man.. It seemed to have worked..
I just tried it out.. and I just played about 5 games with some REALLY horrible players (which padded my stats QUITE nicely lol 67 kills in one round)...

But anyways.. I'm about to leave home for a bit.. and I think I'll put up a Dedicated Ranked Server you guys could use for now..

Name "!Battle"
Islands: TDM
Badlands: DM
Eucadia: CTF x2
Omega Factory: Zones

GO!
I hope it works for you guys

Your welcome.:D

oneHeero

GL in those GBs gaf, I have a couple of friends who played Warhawk on the GB ladder, they were in Nemisis or N-. Play with a few on COD now.

carlos

goddamnit, I just got home to find my refrigerator died and my food is spoiling; I have to throw away some things, but I'll be online in mibbit in a little while

Ceb

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/02/15/warhawk-v13-patch/

:D
#1 Mechanic’s Field Wrench:

As you might expect, this piece of equipment is used to repair vehicles. Once you get the pickup, you swing it just like the combat blade. Then, just walk up to, or onto an allied vehicle and “whack” it with the wrench. It repairs wicked fast so it’s very effectively during combat. On the offensive side, not only is it still a one-hit-kill against troops, but it can be used to damage enemy vehicles as well!

What the hell? Now you'll be able to take down a tank with a lone trooper.

carlos

and finally we get to see who is talking as well!
and an option to mute those individual asshats :)

I like those 2 new troop items, anythings that adds a little variety is ok by me

User 406

Banned
Wow, cool!

I already take down tanks as a lone trooper, now this just gives me another weapon to do it with. :p

I think the big value of the wrench will be when you're in a tank or jeep and just barely survive a small battle, hop out and repair. Tankers are going to love this.

Heh, I can imagine a few scenarios where a trooper attacks a tank with the wrench, so the driver hops out, the trooper ends up repairing the tank, and the driver hops back in. XD

I'm betting you'll be able to blow up biofield thingies like mines.

Pretty neat additions, they're free right?

methane47

#3 HOME Game Launching:

Yeah Baby…So our HOME integration is coming along nicely and this update includes a great, and much needed feature for Warhawk. With the release of v1.3 patch, players will be able to form groups, meet in their apartments, discuss tactics, and then launch a game of Warhawk…all together!

When you’re in your apartment, all you do is whip-out your virtual PSP, select ‘create game’ and pick Warhawk. From there, you get to start your own player server, pick a game rotation, set server options and then…BAM !! Launch Warhawk with all of your friends!! You can also pick to not make your game viewable to the other Warhawk players around the world, or you can make it a ‘public’ game that puts all of your friends into the server together, and leaves open slots for other global Warhawk players join.

Games launched from HOME show up in the global games list in an attactive gold color.

HOLY CRAP!!

#2 Bio-Field Generator:

To use a Bio-Field, grab the pick up and throw it down like a proximity mine. It sticks to walls, ceilings, anything…including vehicles. Then, if any ally stands within its bio-reactive field, his health will quickly regen

HOLY CRAP x2!!
I think this will also be kind of game breaking for CTF matches...

EDIT:

Dylan Jobe said:
I even scored a Warhawk kill with it in one play session…although admittedly the Warhawk was almost dead. One of our testers flew down and was harassing me on the ground and just jumped up and hit it with the wrench. it was a totally lucky shot…but it was one of my best Warhawk memories!

:lol :lol :lol

Ceb

Sea Manky said:
Wow, cool!

I already take down tanks as a lone trooper, now this just gives me another weapon to do it with. :p

I think the big value of the wrench will be when you're in a tank or jeep and just barely survive a small battle, hop out and repair. Tankers are going to love this.

Heh, I can imagine a few scenarios where a trooper attacks a tank with the wrench, so the driver hops out, the trooper ends up repairing the tank, and the driver hops back in. XD

I'm betting you'll be able to blow up biofield thingies like mines.

Pretty neat additions, they're free right?

Yep, free update. :)

Dylan is awesome. I wonder if the people at Incog still read this thread.

Jaeyden

Sea Manky said:
Wow, cool!

Ha! I was thinkin the exact same thing.

I really hope this comes sooner than later.

Ceb

Dylan Jobe said:
right now, if an enemy is in the vehicle, then you damage it.

If the enemy bails, then you will stop damaging it. We did this because we found that it adds a neat moment when you force a ground troop out of his vehicle and then boost its health quickly and claim it for your own.

I was wondering when it switched over to damage mode. Works like you guys figured it would.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
My god. Hopefuly Sony sends me the patch before the actual release like they did with Omega Dawn. Will do videos of course :D

User 406

Banned
I'm looking forward to the sound effects for the wrench, hopefully there's a nice loud clang when you hit a vehicle, and a meaty thud when you hit a trooper. XD

methane47

Sea Manky said:
I'm looking forward to the sound effects for the wrench, hopefully there's a nice loud clang when you hit a vehicle, and a meaty thud when you hit a trooper. XD

lol that is the same thing I thought.. i thought I was a little silly for being excited to hear a simple sound effect.. But I guess I'm not the only one :D

methane47

NEW VEHICLES!!

Dylan Jobe replied on February 15, 2008 at 7:23 pm

yes…you can shoot a bio-field and cause it damage like a prox-mine

Sorry, but I can’t talk about the new vehicles right now…

:)

RoH

Dylan Jobe replied on February 15, 2008 at 9:41 pm

We are looking at adding some new awards…but they may not be “traditional” Warhawk ribbons, medals, etc.
I don't know if any one spotted this yet, but it sounds like he is speaking about accomplishments?

ChryZ

Woah, what great news to wake up to.

Good games last night. Playing at 3am is pretty counterproductive though, especially when you're almost up for 24h :\

Jaeyden said:
Sweet Jeebuz!
Dude, you should really quit B3D and fly for us.

Top Bottom