• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Steroyd

Ceb said:
I wasn't! :p Was hoping to summon Steroyd.

*Ceb throws Pokeball*

*Out comes Steroyd*

I dunno DO we have enough people?

I usually randomly wake up at 3am in the morning every night. (Curse you Resistance clan nights), but... it's most probably too late at night for me to organise everything, this is more Sea_Manky's territory but he's taking a break this week. :S

carlos

well then raise my status up at gamebattles and let me handle it for today; I can't even see how many people are needed at the moment

edit: I'm up for invading a server, Ceb

carlos

Okay gentlemen, tonight's match is 6 on 6;
best two out of three
9:45 EST, maps will be random;

volunteers so far:

The take out bandit
burnfout
TTP (assuming he's awake)
Sea manky?
carlos

We need a couple more; minty? methane? chryz? whoever's out there, first come, first serve

edit : I'm currently in the blue US dogf md1 (lv4), If anyone wants to practice dogfighting;
there are also empty ctf and vari blue us servers....
lol, dogfight is full of damage control guys

RoH

Ok guys I've been working on my ground game! and I think I'm getting better, I can drive a tank with some skill lol. I seem to be finding the support role to be my thing, Guarding flags capturing bases, over all just killing things on the ground. I love counter sniping... Damn I love sniping in general because it takes some skill to hit a moving in this game. If any one wants to play later tonight like after 7 EST just send REDEMPTOR a PSN message.

Ceb

Looks like it's too slow-going at the moment to invade a server. They're either near-full or completely empty. :/

methane47

DANG IT!!!!!!!!

I was having the BEST GAME EVER!!
14 minutes to go in the match.. i had 90 points on an official server!! Then all of a sudden.. Server disconnects.

And I was about to make another flag capture :(
:(

Now.. even though my team was winning.. Thats gonna count as a loss for me...

Ceb

Don't worry, after the 1.3 patch those 90 points will be small fry since they'll change the points distribution again. I miss the days when I could get 240 points in a round.

Btw, I'll give !GAF a shot in a couple of minutes. Please join if you're not already in a game.

ChryZ

The Take Out Bandit said:
Awesome work ChryZ! :D
Cheers!

RoH said:
Ok guys I've been working on my ground game! and I think I'm getting better, I can drive a tank with some skill lol. I seem to be finding the support role to be my thing, Guarding flags capturing bases, over all just killing things on the ground.
Nice ... now learn to fly
(don't wait 'til they tow raped your little ass in that nifty tank of yours)

RoH

ChryZ said:
Cheers!

Nice ... now learn to fly
(don't wait 'til they tow raped your little ass in that nifty tank of yours)

LoL ... But I cant fly at a competitive level, about 10 sec's in the AIR and i'm dead. I figured I can counter that by developing a Tank/Mine/Sniper/AA Turret game to make any fly boy woe the day they decided to take to the sky. :lol

User 406

Banned
Sure, I can play or be an alternate tonight if we end up doing it. I figured it would be too late for a lot of our guys, but if we can get enough people, why not? Should make sure we have enough volunteers before accepting.

And carlos would be a good choice as another co-leader, Steroyd, want to set him up?

Warhawk maps are at http://www.warhawkstats.com/.

mintylurb

carlos said:
best two out of three

volunteers so far:

The take out bandit
burnfout
Sea manky?
carlos

We need a couple more; minty? methane? chryz? whoever's out there, first come, first serve
I thought I had already volunteered for tonight's match? Oh..I get it..;<

carlos

Yeah, Steroyd already set me up as captain, with the ability to decline or accept, so it's all good.

SECOND CALL PEOPLE!!!!!

We still need volunteers, oh and fuck me I forgot that we'd have to host; that would be a big problem since ceb would be asleep; I'd guess it'd depend on TTP hosting, but the lag may be too much. I'll send a message to see if they can host, if not We'll probably have to decline.

My apologies, Minty, you're our sixth then; if anyone can confirm as an alternate, that'd be great

edit: noted, methane, if ttp can't make it, he should really get some sleep, you're in. just let me see what I can do about the hosting

edit 2: and now i got locked out of that ctf game while sending the message; i'll join you again shortly, fellow gaffers!

mintylurb

carlos said:
Yeah, Steroyd already set me up as captain, with the ability to decline or accept, so it's all good.

SECOND CALL PEOPLE!!!!!

We still need volunteers, oh and fuck me I forgot that we'd have to host; that would be a big problem since ceb would be asleep; I'd guess it'd depend on TTP hosting, but the lag may be too much. I'll send a message to see if they can host, if not We'll probably have to decline.

My apologies, Minty, you're our sixth then; if anyone can confirm as an alternate, that'd be great
eheh it's okie.

Steroyd

Sea Manky said:
Sure, I can play or be an alternate tonight if we end up doing it. I figured it would be too late for a lot of our guys, but if we can get enough people, why not? Should make sure we have enough volunteers before accepting.

And carlos would be a good choice as another co-leader, Steroyd, want to set him up?

Warhawk maps are at http://www.warhawkstats.com/.

I set him up as captain.

Thanks for the maps, I'll start posting formations like in football. ^_^

Ceb

Graaaah! So I'm standing on top of a tank near the flag location in Island Outpost, defending, then some numbnut comes to take the tank away from me, using it to drive across half the map (where he promptly gets nuked). Just because I'm not IN the tank doesn't mean I'm not using it. Arrrrgh.

Same thing happened on Eucadia when I was chilling in the hangar. :/

Oh well, got my Zone Offense medal.

RoH

Ceb said:
Graaaah! So I'm standing on top of a tank near the flag location in Island Outpost, defending, then some numbnut comes to take the tank away from me, using it to drive across half the map (where he promptly gets nuked). Just because I'm not IN the tank doesn't mean I'm not using it. Arrrrgh.

Same thing happened on Eucadia when I was chilling in the hangar. :/

Oh well, got my Zone Offense medal.

Do you have to exit the tank to take the zone? I though you could do that from within a Vehicle?

carlos

holy crap burnfout, this is the worst ctf match ever! these people just won't shut up! (Badlands)

edit: sorry ceb, kazenone, my connection crapped out on me....I'm gonna take a break

I'll let y'all know if I hear an answer from tonights rival clan

j-wood

I've recently gotten back into warhawk. I just stopped playing around the whole stat fiasco, but now everything appears to be running smooth :D

Two quick questions, Is the omega dawn expansion pack worth it?

Is it too late to get into the Neogaf clan? PSN ID is j-wood if not, on the east coast, central time zone.

burnfout

carlos said:
holy crap burnfout, this is the worst ctf match ever! these people just won't shut up! (Badlands)

Jesus those guys were annoying..

" I bet you get your nails done for a living"

WTF.

Awesome though after all their bithcing that us GAFFERS came out on top of our team :)

burnfout

carlos said:
best two out of three

volunteers so far:

The take out bandit
burnfout
Sea manky?
carlos

edit : I'm currently in the blue US dogf md1 (lv4), If anyone wants to practice dogfighting;
there are also empty ctf and vari blue us servers....
lol, dogfight is full of damage control guys

Holy crap, I wasn't volunteering for the 4 am GMT match, I was volunteering for the 8-9 pm GMT invading servers that CEB was talking about :(

I can't stay up tonight!

carlos

no prob, a the moment we have a barely full team of
TTOB, manky, methane, minty, ttp, me

I just got a message from them, but the guy just wants to talk on psn, he didn't say anything about whether or not he can host :/

edit: thanks, escalation

Ceb

You didn't miss much with that last CTF, carlos. Our team had decided to dig in, and so the rest of the match became a matter of defending the flag with the tank. One guy managed to score another flag cap though, so 2-0.

methane47

burnfout said:
Not fun fighting against three gaffers :(

You should have played with us yesterday...

5 gaffers in a room... just so happened to be the only good players... And the game would ALWAYS put Manky + 3 others.. against one lone gaffer..

it was pretty horrible..

Ceb

burnfout said:
Not fun fighting against three gaffers :(

It sucks that you have to mess around with team switching in order to play as a clan in regular games.

Oh yeah, forgot to wish you a nice mini-vacation.

mintylurb

methane47 said:
You should have played with us yesterday...

5 gaffers in a room... just so happened to be the only good players... And the game would ALWAYS put Manky + 3 others.. against one lone gaffer..

it was pretty horrible..
so, were you that one lone gaffer? ;d

carlos

-NO CLAN MATCH TONIGHT-

Thanks to the volunteers anyway

Either they couldn't field a team, or they couldn't host. They never got back to me, but they deleted the challenge from gamebattles, so that's that.

This weekends match organization is yours, steroyd; I'm gonna be away till tuesday, or else I'd gladly help out.

Good luck to you all in this weekends' matches; try your best!

As for me, I'm gonna play a bit more right now, so you know where to find me.

dralla

greatest comback ever. we had zero Zones on DC, somehow we took ALL of them in about 5 minutes, than we won 5000 to 4900.

btw, when you connect your base to the other air base across from it on DC, both level 3, doesn't it look like giant bewbies.

what nights/times does the clan play? what's the server name

carlos

We mostly hook up randomly during the weekdays, and play clan matches and/or practice on the weekends, depending on what time we are challenged.

Sea manky, for some reason you're always showing up offline on the clan list ; it was by sheer luck that I saw you on the buddy list !? weird..

even weirder is that problem with the tow missles that I've been having; I'm hitting people, turrets, everything, dead center and many times, it will do no damage at all! that is VERY worrisome for me regarding flag defense :\

Top Bottom