• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

I've noticed the tow problem

well i didnt consider it a problem because it didn't kill me

it happened when near a vehicle that got hit dead on, i was next to the explosion area but took only a slight bit of damage.

methane47

Operation Broken Mirror is a booster pack that is confirmed for release in the future and will feature one new vehicle -- an APC that acts as a portable spawn point and equipment producer -- and a new battlefield. New game modes are also in the works, but they will not be a part of the booster pack. Instead, game modes will be released for free and integrated into patches and updates.

!

methane47

# Lock on Warning signal displays a couple of bits of information to you.

* The top red bar shows you how close you are to breaking the lock. The bigger it is, the closer you are to breaking the lock.
* The blinking dots on the bottom show you how many missiles are on your tail.

Wow.. i didn't know this..

carlos

I would've done it but it says I don't have permission to modify the profile. Manky or Steroyd will get to it tomorrow, I guess.

sorry, rc213 :(

ChryZ

Steroyd said:
I thought I already did. :x
Shouldn't it be showing here: http://gamebattles.com/ps3/warhawk/team/gaf-u

I'm only able to see:

logo_none.png

Ceb

TTOB/icechai: Did you also notice that FUCKING INVISIBLE WARHAWK? Man, I hope this isnt' a new kind of glitch as widespread as the tank one.

I wonder who it was? Toccanman-something?

Ceb said:
TTOB/icechai: Did you also notice that FUCKING INVISIBLE WARHAWK? Man, I hope this isnt' a new kind of glitch as widespread as the tank one.

I wonder who it was? Toccanman-something?

I'm not sure, but before the time ran out I saw the Chernovan flag carrier's jeep driving across the water. Under the center bridge with the health under it.

I'm not sure if it was mad lag or a glitch. :X

If you need you can find him in your recently met players list and report his glitching ass.

Ceb

The Take Out Bandit said:
I'm not sure, but before the time ran out I saw the Chernovan flag carrier's jeep driving across the water. Under the center bridge with the health under it.

I'm not sure if it was mad lag or a glitch. :X

If you need you can find him in your recently met players list and report his glitching ass.

The problem is that even his name was invisible on the player list, but there were only two people on the red team with scores in the 50+ region on the results screen and I'm pretty sure I saw one of them in the game.

It could've just been a case of the worst lag I've seen too. I saw some other guy in a warhawk that was stuck in a boost motion.

Very weird stuff to happen on an official server. Nice flag cap, btw.

Thanks.

I don't know what happened, but I walked in. Grabbed it. Hopped in a jeep - they lined up their mines in a perfect line, so I maintained my lane; drove right past them. :lol

All the while I'm expecting a hellstorm on my ass at any minute. Nope.

They totally let me walk away with that one. :\

Steroyd

Bah we got a match invitation I think.
Why is it always midnight I get messaged!? :mad:

Looks like I'll have to upload the image from my Harddrive.

J-Wood wants to join the clan and so does another person.

The roster is maxed out rc213 so hold on for a bit.

Cronox

Banned
Hey guys, I just got this game on Wednesday and have played a few hours. My K/D ratio is like .35 right now, but every once in a while I get a good spree going on and feel like I'm getting better.

A couple questions:

-Is it just me or is infantry aiming really wonky compared to other shooters?

-Is it best to fly Warhawks with motion sensing on or off?

-Why do people recommend pro flight over normal flying controls?

-Is there a GAF clan I can join? Or is that only for competitive purposes? I'm only looking to make it easier to find people to play with, not to have my stats go towards some larger organization.

-Any recommendations on how to get better with Warhawks anyone could point me to?

Thanks for any answers. I'll hopefully be on on Friday. My name's Cronoc on the PSN, for what it's worth.

Ceb

Cronox said:
Hey guys, I just got this game on Wednesday and have played a few hours. My K/D ratio is like .35 right now, but every once in a while I get a good spree going on and feel like I'm getting better.

A couple questions:

-Is it just me or is infantry aiming really wonky compared to other shooters?

Not IMO. You could try adjusting the sensitivity in the options menu. Keep in mind that certain weapons like the rifle and the pistol will be hard to hit moving enemies with unless you manage to lock onto them (the crosshairs will turn red).

-Is it best to fly Warhawks with motion sensing on or off?

Pretty sure the vast majority has this turned off. I don't really see the benefit of using it other than for novelty's sake.

-Why do people recommend pro flight over normal flying controls?

It gives you more control over the aircraft and therefore more means of evading and outmaneuvering pilots in dogfights. Normal controls aren't gimped in any way though.

-Is there a GAF clan I can join? Or is that only for competitive purposes? I'm only looking to make it easier to find people to play with, not to have my stats go towards some larger organization.

There is a GAF clan and we mostly play for fun! Steroyd is the clan leader, so you should ask him about membership. As you might've noticed, the roster is pretty packed though.

-Any recommendations on how to get better with Warhawks anyone could point me to?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9857098&postcount=11623
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9857126&postcount=11624
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9865546&postcount=11641

F-Pina

Hey guys!.
Nice game yesterday! I caped the only flag and tied my score with Carlos.

The opposing team was stacking they're jeeps on the back of the base and when i got there going from behind there was a stack of 3 or 4 jeeps and a guy protecting them :lol

Steroyd

Seeing how we have next to no strategy when it comes to organised clans in team based matches like CTF, I thought I'd give this a try.

I've noticed that during CTF matches when people say they're on defence, they camp near the flag... curse you all, more people camping at the flag means less people in the air taking spawn points and stuff. >_<

So we're going to try the football method.

Flagkeeper - ONE (as in uno, singular, on your todd, lonesome etc) person has the job of sitting on the flag, and must communicate to the clan if shit goes wrong.

Defenders - Are to defend the flag when it's taken, when it's not taken your job is to take the and keep an eye on the 2 nearest zones to the base (I Hate it when the enemy has the spawn point RIGHT OUTSIDE OUR BASE).

Midfielders - This is where we need to get territorial, we need to try and secure as many bases in the middle of the map as possible, or at the very least create a spawn point path, for the flag carrier to go through, also to support defence and attack when neccesary.

Attacker - Kamakazee people who will eat mines time and time again trying to get the flag, that way the whole other team won't be attacking and pinning us in our own base (remember that? REMEMBER THAT HUH!? >:| )

Another important thing is that we need Defenders and Midfielders to do all this by air, too many on the ground means we'll be too slow if we let the other team take control of the air we'll regret it, so if your not really confident in the air, plant air mines all over the place be cheap, at least that way we can limit where the opposition can fly.

I suggest that for 6v6 we have

1 Flagkeeper
2 Defenders
2 Midfielders
1 Attacker

For 8v8

1 Flagkeeper
2 Defenders
3 Midfielders
2 Attackers

For 10v10

1 Flagkeeper
2 Defenders
5 Midfielders
2 Attackers

I coloured in each areas that should be priorities.

Defence - Blue
Midfield - Green
Attack - Red

Badlands
WarhawkMapBadlands.png

There's nothing more to say other than defenders defend the zone just outside the base till the flagkeeper cries for halp.

Archipelago is the same.

Destroyed capital is the same as well, taking out the far out middle bases is more important than the central middle bases IMO, because there's no Warhawk spawn points there it's almost a uselss place to fight over.

WarhawkMapEcudia.png

Ecudia, pissed me off, not only is it a big map, but there really isn't anywhere to take advantage of especially in this configuration, defence would have to take out Zone 2 because there's a spawn point there that is very near the bridge towards Zone 7 which we wouldn't want the enemy to take advantage of, that said spawn point 6 would be of great advantage against the enemy.

WarhawkMapIslandOutpost.png

This map was interesting because you don't neccesarily HAVE to dominate the map to steer a safe-ish path for the flag carrier.

What I coloured in were just priorities you don't HAVE to stay in the designated areas just prioitise them over everything else.

User 406

Banned
# Lock on Warning signal displays a couple of bits of information to you.

* The top red bar shows you how close you are to breaking the lock. The bigger it is, the closer you are to breaking the lock.
* The blinking dots on the bottom show you how many missiles are on your tail.

That's not quite right, the red bar really shows how close the nearest missile is to you. The bigger the bar, the closer the missile.

That APC sounds sweet, stick a bio-field generator on it, give the driver a wrench, park it in the enemy main base by their warhawk spawns, muahahahaha. >:D

Warhawk, the gift that keeps on giving. Can't wait to see the new game modes.

Steroyd, some great ideas there, though on Island Outpost I think you meant to put base 3 under blue. We should definitely give that strategy a try.

Edit: Thinking about Destroyed Capitol, I'd suggest the flag keeper stay inside the building at all times, on the upper ledge overlooking the stairs with a rifle. Defender #1 can keep making trips for mines and patrolling around the building. Defender #2 can go take the weapons cache above the enemy base and use binoculars and sniper rifle to take out escaping flag carriers, and use the rocket launcher to be general nuisance to enemy warhawks.

In fact, the flag keeper and Defender #1 can switch off with each other to go get mines for better coverage. And rocket launchers.

Ceb

I like what I see. I'm gonna take the credit for selling Steroyd on this idea. :lol

Are we playing against DC tonight? With carlos gone, the odds have already worsened.

Steroyd

The maps aren't complete because I forgot Destroyed Capital and Archipelago are scaled down for CTF, but you get the general idea.

But yeah this will only work with shouting at each other something we're too nice to do.

And we need a plan B, I hate only having plan A or bust.

Ceb

If you could work out a good initial strategy for the maps in Zones mode, that'd be swell. For 6vs6, 8vs8 and so on.

We had some good discussion on this after last weekend's fiasco, but nothing was ever set in stone.

And again: DC? Tonight? Do we have a lineup?

oneHeero

Do we need to expansion in order to play with gaf people? Idont own any of the expansion but really want to play with Gaf.

Is it possible? I wouldnt mind helping out GB-wise by being on a scrim team, not on the gb roster, just on a 2nd string team to practice against.

I really wanna play Warhawk again but no one to play with, would love to participate with Gaf :)

Who wants to add me to PSN to play with Gaf!?!?!

PSN- Wise_ (CST)

Steroyd

A strategy for Zones is tough we'd have to converge onto every zone together with one or two people making sure the link isn't broken/defending low level zone.

And identify the best zones for efficiency.

oneHeero

Steroyd said:
A strategy for Zones is tough we'd have to converge onto every zone together with one or two people making sure the link isn't broken/defending low level zone.

And identify the best zones for efficiency.
Thanks! :D

I have a ton of gb experience, my clan finished in top 25 2 seasons on RFOM, and on COD you can check us out now.
http://gamebattles.com/ps3/call-of-duty-4/team/thenextlevel

I know you guys are full on GB for the Warhawk clan, so I am just looking to play with people who are looking to compete. I stopped playing Warhawk because I didnt have people to play with and pubs were not competitive enough for me :(

So if GafU needs someone to scrim against, I would love to help out, I am great with teamwork and do have a mic, also I am 23 so I wont get on people's nerves(no offense to others).

Steroyd

The purpose of this clan is just as you said, we're not trying to be TOO serious either.

All we ever want is to play as a clan against people.

oneHeero

Steroyd said:
The purpose of this clan is just as you said, we're not trying to be TOO serious either.

All we ever want is to play as a clan against people.
Understood, but thats why I want to play against you guys as a 2nd string perso nt practice against. Pubs are full of people running around doing their own thing not trying. I'd like to play against people who are trying and what not.

I'm looking to play against gaf not be o nthe roster :p So no worries about a lil groupie unless I can be GafU's groupie >.>

Can I get a psn to at least play with your public games <.< >.>
; ;

As flag defender and first to die, my biggest problem is the lack of first responders when I send out the warning that our flag is now in play. I haven't had the luxury of working w/ GAF proper in CTF games, but this is a pain in my ass in the random CTF matches I play. Which really pisses me off.

At the moment your flag is capture there should be no higher priority than getting the bloody thing back.

NONE!

Screw your KDR ratio. Screw your pride. Recover the flag!

I've also noticed a distinct lack of people working together to get the flag back. More than one person on a swiped flag = faster recover = fewer casualties from enemy attacks to regain flag.

Steroyd

oneHeero said:
Understood, but thats why I want to play against you guys as a 2nd string perso nt practice against. Pubs are full of people running around doing their own thing not trying. I'd like to play against people who are trying and what not.

I'm looking to play against gaf not be o nthe roster :p So no worries about a lil groupie unless I can be GafU's groupie >.>

Can I get a psn to at least play with your public games <.< >.>
; ;

Ceb is our number one server making dude PSN: Arkestra

icechai

played one game with 2 Gafers yesterday, and something really weird happened... Invisible Warhawk/dropships are back! o_O wtf. Was trying to cap spawn points in a tank but something would keep capping for hte other team, even though nothing was around and I mined / shot tank bullets in the area a ton. Also would randomly get killed by machine gun warhawk fire from no visible planes in the area...

Next game in that same server I was switched to the other team and when I was running around with the enemy flag, a jeep appeared out of the sky for me o_O

Ceb

icechai said:
played one game with 2 Gafers yesterday, and something really weird happened... Invisible Warhawk/dropships are back! o_O wtf. Was trying to cap spawn points in a tank but something would keep capping for hte other team, even though nothing was around and I mined / shot tank bullets in the area a ton. Also would randomly get killed by machine gun warhawk fire from no visible planes in the area...

Next game in that same server I was switched to the other team and when I was running around with the enemy flag, a jeep appeared out of the sky for me o_O

Yes, trying to make that last score was impossible. You didn't happen to catch the name of the cheater?

icechai said:

Are you certain it wasn't a gift from the Dropship gods?

icechai

Ceb said:
Yes, trying to make that last score was impossible. You didn't happen to catch the name of the cheater?

think it was lifehacker or something... either that or that was another cheater on the next server i joined... and just last week I haven't seen any of this blatant cheating. One Eucadia game had a jeep with flag carrier in it flying by itself (invisible dropship), definitely a sight to behold.

oooh ign new preview of Warhawk Operation: Broken Mirror
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/854/854404p1.html
IGN said:
The invisible tank glitch will also be addressed again, so players should no longer have that issue pop up in games.
wooo

Are there any required meetup times for the clan? I've just gotten back into playing Warhawk more seriously and would like people to play with but I just got out of a serious relationship with Call of Duty 4 and don't want to commit to anything.

icechai

Pai Pai Master said:
Are there any required meetup times for the clan? I've just gotten back into playing Warhawk more seriously and would like people to play with but I just got out of a serious relationship with Call of Duty 4 and don't want to commit to anything.

if there were I would have been kicked out by now :p

Ceb

From IGN's preview of 1.3 patch/Operation Broken Mirror:

Version 1.3 will also feature two new soldier weapons: the bio field generator to heal troops and the mechanics field wrench that can be used to heal vehicles. Finally, there are additional tweaks that will be made within Version 1.3, such as improving the effectiveness, damage, cooldown rates and other issues associated with the .50 cal guns that board members were griping about. The invisible tank glitch will also be addressed again, so players should no longer have that issue pop up in games.

YES!

While the new level for the pack wasn't being shown, Dylan did stress that the new vehicle puts a new spin and twist to the gameplay that could have a larger impact on the game than the inclusion of the dropship. In Broken Mirror, Eucadian and Chernovan players will gain access to an APC that can seat six soldiers. These six soldiers can pop out of port holes akin to that on the tank and protect the vehicle when necessary. However, like the dropship, the APC is useful for more than simple transport missions. It can ram through just about any vehicle or emplacement (with the exception of tanks), instantly killing or destroying its target. It can deploy a electromagnetic bubble shield, which your troops can fire out of, but will neutralize incoming fire. It will also short out enemy vehicles and make aircraft critically fail if they come into contact with this shield, protecting ground troops from dive bombing attacks.

What's more, the APC can be used as a mobile checkpoint, allowing players to spawn inside of an APC that's driving around the map. This means that you can potentially rejoin the fight on the battlefield without having to trek across some distance if a checkpoint is being fiercely fought over. But there's an additional plus to spawning inside the APC, which is that players will randomly receive one weapon that can be immediately used. So you could emerge from the vehicle you spawned into with binoculars, flame throwers or other items.

Holy shit!! The APC sounds like a MAJOR powerhouse.

While we weren't able to find out times for release for either Version 1.3 or Broken Mirror, we were able to confirm that version 1.3 will be a free update. Jobe suspected that Broken Mirror's price would be somewhat similar to that of Omega Dawn. What he did mention is that he'd love to see the balance for booster packs alternate between ground and air, and mentioned that he didn't see any naval booster packs ever entering into the picture because of the game mechanics.

No boats!

After we spoke to Jobe, we jumped into a quick team deathmatch mode which featured the new weapons and APCs. We found that even for their size, the APCs were easy to drive, and typically had a speed that was a little bit faster than that of the tank in normal motion. During the charge move, the speed increased significantly and lasted for a few seconds, but cornering or turning was hampered during this process. We also managed to deploy the bubble shield rather effectively, driving into an enemy base and setting up a defensive perimeter that we could snipe soldiers from.

The two weapon additions were also nicely integrated into the gameplay, with the wrench and the bio-field replacing the knife and land mines respectively when collected. To switch back to those items, you simply needed to double tap the D-pad in the direction of the item you wanted. The wrench comes with 400 points of "ammo," and can be applied to heal any vehicle by striking the side of a machine you're standing next to. Conversely, you can use the wrench to slowly break enemy vehicles apart by hitting them with the tool, and its surprisingly effective as a stealth attack against damaged gear.

The bio-field can be used as a weapon, but its attack is a bit more insidious. Instead of aiming at an enemy, it's deployed in a general area of effect for what appears to be thirty seconds or so. Any ally walking into the field is slowly healed, while enemies start taking damage and die. What we found was a particularly nasty technique was capturing all of the checkpoints on a map before placing the bio-field emitters inside the enemy base near their spawn points. Immediately when an enemy would spawn in, they were in danger of taking damage. Plus, if carefully mined around the perimeter of the field, the explosions would continually whittle the other team down.

OMG

I just witnessed the stupidest fucking move EVER!

A team mate running ahead of me with a clean shot at the enemy flag carrier, what does he do?

THROW MINES BEHIND THE BASTARD!

As if he's going to suddenly bust out a moonwalk. >:O

SHOOT! THE! DAMN! FLAG! CARRIER!

What's worse is this is supposed to be with players of my rank or higher. How did they manage to get this far? Mommy playing for them? :mad:

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
The Take Out Bandit said:
OMG

I just witnessed the stupidest fucking move EVER!

A team mate running ahead of me with a clean shot at the enemy flag carrier, what does he do?

THROW MINES BEHIND THE BASTARD!

As if he's going to suddenly bust out a moonwalk. >:O

SHOOT! THE! DAMN! FLAG! CARRIER!

What's worse is this is supposed to be with players of my rank or higher. How did they manage to get this far? Mommy playing for them? :mad:

Maybe he was simply trying to scare him so he would toss the flag and go hide in a bunker. :lol

Steroyd

Yes we are, at least Sea_manky says we are.

Oh boy... we're doing Zones on Island Outpost... I wonder which configuration we're doing. :(

User 406

Banned
Finally, there are additional tweaks that will be made within Version 1.3, such as improving the effectiveness, damage, cooldown rates and other issues associated with the .50 cal guns that board members were griping about.

Get ready for a new series of complaints from tankers getting killed by jeep machine guns. :p

That APC sounds bad ass, complete with ramming attack courtesy of Darkside from Twisted Metal. That will change the zones dynamic for sure.

Finally get to finish the match with Best of Warhawk today, 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT. Is anyone organizing any of the other challenges we've got or is this it for this weekend?

Ceb

Sweet! Looking forward to that. Shame we don't have carlos playing, but we should have a good chance at winning still.

Steroyd said:
Oh boy... we're doing Zones on Island Outpost... I wonder which configuration we're doing. :(

Just remember to have those binocs ready to blast the bridges. So nice to take out a tank/jeep convoy that's going for #1.

CSSer

Looks like I'll be gone from Warhawk for at least this weekend... my launch ps3 can't read discs anymore >______>. Have fun with your many orgies.

Steroyd

Who is volunteering for that match anyway?

There's a clan called KAOS that wants to play against us, and we've got a challenge from FGC for tomorrow... at 1AM GMT (too late at night for me)

Anyway...

This will most probably be the map for the CTF match
destroyed-capital-spire-shut-in-bases.jpg

As it's 6v6 I'd think that we'd only need 1 person sitting on the flag, and 1 person who defends and plants mines around the place and very loosely defend, the most important spawn points for this map are 1 and 3 forget about 2 because Warhawks don't spawn there which immediately makes fighting over that area nigh on pointless and slow to attack the enemy from.

Because the flag is situated inside the building, it's best to plant air mines around the building, to stop people from lightining gunning all the landmines we're going to place.

I'm purely guessing which map is going to be used for Island Outpost, it might be a bigger. :|

island-outpost-over-the-bridges-bases.jpg

We haven't really talked up a strategy for Zones, I think we should break off into 2 groups 1 big 1 small, the small group is to keep the Zone chain in check and to defend our forward most Zones, while the big group treats Zones like team deathmatch and move from Zone to Zone as a unit the more people at a zone the quicker it goes up. :)

Important

If we get humped and stuck into our own base, try to a take a Warhawk plus passenger if possible and try to swarm the nearest base to our main base and hold it, that's all we can do in a situation like that.

God i can't wait till Warhawk has open mic.

Ceb

The volunteers as of a couple of days ago were:

0 nohne
6 Arkestra
6 methane47
8 ChryZ-US
8 Sea_Manky
12 Escalation
Possibly Bloody_Marcel?

we've got a challenge from FGC for tomorrow

Hmm? Says 9PM EST on GB for me.

If Over the Bridges is the CTF map for IO, defense is key. It's relatively easy to get the flag there, but it's a pain in the ass to get it back in the case of a stalemate.

Top Bottom