• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

ChryZ

deepbrown said:
I have not been invited.
AFAIK you're still leader of B3D, that makes it kinda tricky ... I guess you have to disband or transfer leadership, but from our side anyone* is welcome to join GAF.

*Anyone who likes to play regularly, because there is still the issue with the member limit caused by the game.

DireStr8s

Sea Manky said:
Nickslicl, why can't you get into #gafhawk? Technical problem?

No pc at home & it does not work on the ps3 browser (along w/ the gamebattles site).

Funny that I'm looking into buying a PC for warhawk!

Steroyd

nickslicl said:
No pc at home & it does not work on the ps3 browser (along w/ the gamebattles site).

Funny that I'm looking into buying a PC for warhawk!

I'm in the same boat, my PC is a piece of pooh, I should have responded to FGC HOURS ago but my PC is being a turd.

Ceb

I'm kinda worried that I haven't had the urge to play ever since finally getting my Team Cross medal two days ago. :/

methane47

onadesertedisland said:
do we have a logo yet?

yup

logo402724791203808477.png

ChryZ

Steroyd said:
I'm in the same boat, my PC is a piece of pooh, I should have responded to FGC HOURS ago but my PC is being a turd.
I would suggest to backup your data as long as it's still running, followed by a fresh install. Maybe it's just the OS.

Jaeyden

So, I registered at GB yesterday. Do I need to do something on there to get on the GAF list or does someone need to add me. If it helps, I've got alot of time in the air, it's where I spend most of my game.

Jaeyden said:
So, I registered at GB yesterday. Do I need to do something on there to get on the GAF list or does someone need to add me. If it helps, I've got alot of time in the air, it's where I spend most of my game.

On one of the clan sites we use there's an option to register as a "free agent", once you do that you can receive an invite to the clan on that site. However I believe the heads of the clan have to check and see if there's room / candidates for removal to make room.

But if applicable, you may as well register as a free agent now in the event a spot opens up.

methane47

The Take Out Bandit said:
On one of the clan sites we use there's an option to register as a "free agent", once you do that you can receive an invite to the clan on that site. However I believe the heads of the clan have to check and see if there's room / candidates for removal to make room.

But if applicable, you may as well register as a free agent now in the event a spot opens up.

I dont think there is a limit on Gamebattles... The clan limit is in Warhawk..

methane47 said:
I dont think there is a limit on Gamebattles... The clan limit is in Warhawk..

Yeah, but better to play it safe. Could someone who's technically not bearing our standard in game represent us in clan matches according to the rules?

I really don't know, but better safe than sorry.

methane47

The Take Out Bandit said:
Yeah, but better to play it safe. Could someone who's technically not bearing our standard in game represent us in clan matches according to the rules?

I really don't know, but better safe than sorry.

Pretty sure they can...

Jaeyden

Steroyd said:
Is that a hint?
.....It should be a hint.

deepbrown said:
You stole my clans best player - it's not a laughing matter >_<

Not really stealing....I'm pretty sure there are a couple of B3d'er that are also GAF members. And they are the ones that play most often, if I'm not mistaken. I can't speak for anyone else, but we did talk about hookin up with GAF a couple months ago after we had that failed clan match.

User 406

Banned
Actually, Gamebattles does have a 32 player limit, and we've hit it. However, we have a couple outstanding invites to people who we haven't heard a peep from since the roll call, so we can get rid of some of them to make room as needed. I've already cleared out a few. Also, just because we might have a full roster there doesn't mean we can't accommodate people as needed -- with advance notice of volunteers for matches we can juggle roster spots ahead of time to make sure people are eligible.

I've only been nominally keeping track of the thread over the past week, so those of you who have posted asking about joining the clan, Jayeden et al, we'll need some information from you to put in the clan list, and as mentioned above, to sign on at gamebattles as a free agent so we can add you.

This seems to be a good opportunity to post our current revision of the clan list, here is the information we currently have:

Code:
GAF Name		PSN Name	CG.eu Name	CG.eu Status	GB Name			GB Status	Exp	Host	Email?	Timezone	Available

Ceb			Arkestra	Arkestra	In Roster	Arkestra		In Roster	9	24	Yes	GMT+1	F-Su 2p-6p EST, S-Su >4a EST, WD <6p EST rnd
Sea Manky		Sea_Manky	Sea_Manky	In Roster	Sea_Manky		In Roster	11	8	Yes	EST	Almost anytime
carlos			carlos		Prcarlos	In Roster	gafcarlos		In Roster	8	2	Yes	EST	Anytime
CSSer			PlayerBeyond	PlayerBeyond	In Roster	PlayerBeyond		In Roster	11	12	Yes	EST	WE open, WD 6p-11p EST
burnfout		burnfout	Burnfout	In Roster	burnfout		In Roster	0	8	Yes	GMT+1	>8p GMT
kazenone		Nohne		Nohne		Invited		Nohne			In Roster	5	8	Yes	GMT	>5p GMT
F-Pina			F-Pina		F-Pina		Invited		Pina			In Roster	2	4	Yes	GMT	WE
teepo			TEEPO		teepo		Invited		teepo			In Roster	3	?	Yes	EST	WE & W open, MTThF >10p EST
Escalation		Escalation	Escalation	In Roster	Escalation		In Roster	12	?	Yes	PST	4p-9p PST
ChryZ			ChryZ-US	Chryz		In Roster	ChryZ			In Roster	11	4	No	GMT+2	WD 7p-11p GMT, WE 12p-5a GMT
Grayman			Grayman222	Grayman222	In Roster	grayman222		In Roster	0	4	Yes	PST	?
methane47		Methane47	methane47	In Roster	methane47		In Roster	9	16	Yes	EST	?
nickslicl		DireStr8s	DireStr8s	In Roster	DireStr8s		In Roster	0	8	Yes	?	WD >5p EST
TTP			Bloody_Marcel	Bloody_Marcel	In Roster	Bloody_Marcel		In Roster	6	12	Yes	GMT+1	?
The Take Out Bandit	The_Marquis	The_Marquis	In Roster	The_Marquis		In Roster	11	?	Yes	EST	WE open, WD >8p EST infrequently
icechai			icehai		icechai		Invited		icechai			In Roster	0	?	Yes	EST	F-S >1a EST, possible WE daytime
RoH			REDEMPTOR	?		-		rohscx			In Roster	3	24	Yes	EST	WE >3p EST
Hukasmokincaterpillar	DirtyWater	DirtyWater	In Roster	DirtyWater		In Roster	0	?	No	EST	WE 3p-5p EST
Guled			Nytekrawla	Guled		Invited		Guled			Invited		0	?	Yes	?	WE <9p EST
mintylurb		Mintylurb	mintylurb	In Roster	mintylurb		In Roster	3	?	Yes	?	WE 2p-5p EST
Agent X			AgentX		?		-		Agent_X			In Roster	0	?	Yes	EST	WE >3p EST
onadesertedisland	Cacophony	?		-		onadesertedisland	In Roster	0	?	Yes	CST	>8pm CST
GoncaloCCastro		GoncaloCastro	GoncaloCastro	Invited		GoncaloCastro		Not free agent	0	?	No	GMT	WE
Steroyd			Steroyd		Steroyd		In Roster	Steroyd			In Roster	13	?	No	GMT+1	?
kaching			kaching		?		-		kaching0		Invited		0	?	No	EST	>10p EST, flexible
Arsenic			Syndicate3	?		-		ArSeNiC			Invited		0	20	Yes	EST	?
spwolf			nmook		?		-		?			-		0	?	Yes	GMT+1	WE >3p EST
Trevelyan		Trevelyan	Trevelyan	In Roster	Trevelyan		Invited		0	?	No	EST	?
Epix			Epix		Epix		In Roster	Epix10			In Roster	0	?	No	MST	?
pancakesandsex		pancakesandsx	?		-		pancakesandsex		In Roster	4	?	Yes	?	Su 3p-5p EST
BlackGoku03		BlackGoku03	BlackGoku03	Invited		?			-		0	?	No	EST	?
Prelude514		Prelude514	?		-		?			-		0	?	No	EST	WE >3p EST
peacemountain		peacemountain	?		-		?			-		0	?	No	GMT+1	Can't play regularly
Kalren			Xostas		?		-		?			-		0	?	No	MST	Has moved on, wouldn't mind staying if room
sd3127			SaladDodger27	SaladDodger	In Roster	?			-		0	?	No	?	?
Oni Jazar		Jazar		?		-		?			-		0	?	No	EST	?
Avellon			Avellon		?		-		?			-		0	?	No	CST	?
TheJollyCorner		IrishFigg	?		-		?			-		0	?	No	CST	?
freethought		freethought69	?		-		?			-		0	?	No	GMT	?
numble			numbler		?		-		?			-		0	?	No	PST	?
acevans2		Micheal_Bluth	?		-		?			-		0	?	No	CST	?
rc213			rc213		?		-		?			-		0	?	No	PST	?
S.L.			SL_		?		-		?			-		0	?	No	GMT+1	?
Tailzo			Tailzo		?		-		?			-		0	?	No	?	Can't play regularly
jonabbey		jonabbey	jonabbey	Invited		?			-		0	?	No	?	?
h3ro			m0nkeyhero	?		-		?			-		0	?	No	EST	?
johnFkennedy		JohnFKennedy	?		-		?			-		0	?	No	?	?
revolverjgw		revolverjgw	?		-		?			-		0	?	No	?	?
projectkuro		projectkuro	?		-		?			-		0	?	No	?	?
The Hug Dog		Huggers		?		-		?			-		0	?	No	?	?
GAZERK			GAZERCK		?		-		?			-		0	?	No	?	?
InterMonicker		CaliChronz	?		-		?			-		0	?	No	?	?
skrew			skrew		?		-		?			-		0	?	No	?	?
thundersabre		thundersabre	?		-		?			-		0	?	No	?	?
Jaeyden			Jaeyden		?		-		?			-		0	?	No	?	?
Jack Scofield		JackScofield	?		-		?			-		0	?	No	?	?
Cronox			Cronoc		?		-		?			-		0	?	No	?	?

NOTE: SCROLL TO THE RIGHT TO SEE ALL OF THE TABLE.

Once again, if you've got a ? in a spot under your name, please post or PM me the information. For email addresses, just PM it to me, it will not be posted here, it will only be used to send notifications about clan matches.

Also, at this point I'm guessing we can just do away with consolegaming, since we've been getting more challenges than we can handle from gamebattles, and nothing from CG at all. Steroyd, should I just drop those columns?

And lol @ scaredy-cat clans. XD

User 406

Banned
Yay, hit a couple more milestones. 50,000 kills, and 10,000 ribbons. :D

And carlos, don't whine about me "following" you, when YOU'RE ALWAYS NEAR THE MINES! >:p

carlos

Nice game there, manky; don't be playa hatin' cause I laid the smack down on ya'
LOL

What happened was we were both respawing at the same place and almost at the same time. many, many times I had just respawned there next to the mines and was waiting for them, then you'd spawn and have a clear shot.

The reverse was also applicable, but I usually went for the mines/ somewhere else instead of trailing you (except in that last couple of minutes, where I specifically went after you to distract you enough so you wouldn't take the lead.)

Think of it as professional courtesy; I usually avoid killing clanmates if given a choice (even if they are going for the mines :p)

methane47

Sea Manky said:
Yay, hit a couple more milestones. 50,000 kills, and 10,000 ribbons. :D

And carlos, don't whine about me "following" you, when YOU'RE ALWAYS NEAR THE MINES! >:p

Strange because I also hit a milestone..

5,000 kills!!

Steroyd

Yeah might as well scrap the CG website it's dead and I'll delete us off it.

Ceb I'm negotiating a Saturday slot with the FGC rematch should be recieving a challenge from them soon.

Ceb

If they can't do Sat, we can always cancel one of the challenges for Fri or Sun, seeing as how they haven't accepted yet.

Ceb

/7 says they can do an 8vs8. The downside would be that I'd have to host... hmm, do we have 8 people who'd be able to play around 3PM EST on Sunday?

deepbrown

Jaeyden said:
.....It should be a hint.

Not really stealing....I'm pretty sure there are a couple of B3d'er that are also GAF members. And they are the ones that play most often, if I'm not mistaken. I can't speak for anyone else, but we did talk about hookin up with GAF a couple months ago after we had that failed clan match.
>_< I want CAKE!

User 406

Banned
carlos said:
Think of it as professional courtesy; I usually avoid killing clanmates if given a choice (even if they are going for the mines :p)

Wow, really? I think of it as saying hello. :D

If anything, you're a higher priority target since you're the biggest threat out there. :p

And I can do that Sunday match.

carlos

Sea Manky said:
Wow, really? I think of it as saying hello. :D

Well, if that's how we're gonna play... I guess I have to rethink this concept of clanmate mercy ;)

and count me in for sunday/friday/whenever

Kazenone

You know me, i'm up for anything over the weekend.

Had a bad couple of matches past few days though so I will need to practice.

I'm down for any clan games this weekend. SM I sent you a pm with the other infos.

Hey I almost have 9000 points, looks like I'm finally going to rank up past Wingman. :D

I could never get that damn 4x4 badge. I got a bunch of the other ones though. When I hit 9k will those badges count for other ranks or do you need to get them sequentially?

Epix

Warhawk to feature HOME integration
Uncharted and Resistance may have wicked cool feature sets for PlayStation Home, it's actually Warhawk's planned game portal that has us most excited. According to our sources, the Home lobby for the Incognito dogfighter will serve as a "war room" where up to eight players can meet to discuss their strategy for an upcoming match. Sure, you could do that with text or voice chat, but it sounds like the developers have gone the extra mile to make planning your battles even cooler.

Using a three-dimensional "sand table" replication of the level, Warhawk players are said to be able to lay out their strategies in a properly scaled space. They'll even be able to place little army men avatars around the map to envision their formations, something we hope they can also do with teeny tiny Warhawk planes, tanks and Jeeps.

The Warhawk war room is said to also serve as a launchpad for games, thankfully, so jumping into a match shouldn't require leaving the Home interface.
http://kotaku.com/361562/how-warhawk-makes-home-really-really-cool

Top Bottom