• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

carlos

damn, three network shutdowns...and those were some nice games....the room filled up after that last one :(

I'll be on again in like an hour, if anyone's still around

methane47

Epix said:

holy crap

damn, three network shutdowns...and those were some nice games....the room filled up after that last one :(

I'll be on again in like an hour, if anyone's still around

Sure I'll be there.. but if its 3 gaffers against me again then I'm leaving the game lol...

That Badlands game had me pissed though.. cuz some guy got the flag.. and made it all the way to our base... But instead of stopping the idiot drove straight past it and went out of bounds.. and died in the danger zone.. automatically respawning the flag for you guys...

URGH!! I was screaming at that point in time.. I couldn't believe that crap

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
apc.jpg

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=125700

I've almost caught up to minty! Hua hua hua. . .

Hmmm looking at some of those points, either we've got some really green members; or do we have some folks that can get the boot in favor of fresh blood?

Unless these guys log in for one match every 29 days or something. :p

Guled

I've been really busy for the past couple of weeks with school and other games so I haven't touched warhawk for a while. Anyway, now I have more free time I'll start playing tomorrow, so I was wondering when do you guys have clan meet ups.

Edit: Also, the headset I got with this game dosn't work anymore. I can't turn it on even after i try to recharge it. Anyone know what I should do?

User 406

Banned
carlos, I was too busy taking back bases and killing to notice, but just how the hell did my team end up losing that TDM? We were winning by almost 100 points at one point with all the bases in our control. Did they just keep packing the dropship and getting killed in masse or something? That was just sad. :X

Guled said:
I've been really busy for the past couple of weeks with school and other games so I haven't touched warhawk for a while. Anyway, now I have more free time I'll start playing tomorrow, so I was wondering when do you guys have clan meet ups.

Edit: Also, the headset I got with this game dosn't work anymore. I can't turn it on even after i try to recharge it. Anyone know what I should do?

We tend to play Friday - Sunday typically.

Does the headset hold a charge? If it's not charging, you can just get a replacement Bluetooth headset for as low as $12 if you check Techbargains.com daily.

carlos

I'm not sure either, when I first arrived, my team was already losing by 30-40 with about 7 minutes to go...and no, it wasn't the dropship killing either, they were actually good pilots and were able to survive against all of my attacks. They died a couple of times, sure, but maybe 10-13 kills there at most.
I didn't play that well either (you guys owned the skies), so it's even more baffling how it happened.

and darn it, I had another ps3 freeze up in the following game, and it was going so well...

Guled

The Take Out Bandit said:
We tend to play Friday - Sunday typically.

Does the headset hold a charge? If it's not charging, you can just get a replacement Bluetooth headset for as low as $12 if you check Techbargains.com daily.
It dosn't turn on or charge at all. Also what times do you guys play?

User 406

Banned
I've just had a bad Warhawk day altogether. First game I jump into, CTF Archipelago, and my team mainly sits around sniping and doing other useless shit instead of taking bases. Lost 2-0. Next game, TDM Badlands dogfight. I end up with almost double the kills of the next guy down, and our team STILL loses. Third game, CTF Urban Strike, and now my team is teamkilling each other for the flag on the rare occasions that we have it. At one point I'm killing them with a flamethrower screaming, "I'M ON YOUR TEAAAAAAAAAAM!" into the mic. They control the skies because nobody goes up in the air and we lose big.

So I get fed up with that server, and head for MrPips. Join his team just in time for the game to end, another loss for me! Then a deathmatch, which I manage to win, but after that there was that baffling TDM loss you joined. And then I blow my second set of deadlifts in my workout. YAY ME! >XD

Man, I really HATE getting the Warhawk Team ribbon. :(

carlos

I tried FCTF for the first time today, I actually enjoyed it, as a change of pace from the ordinary.

There's quite no feeling like figuring out how to land and leave quickliy with the flag, then getting the hell out of there while being tailed the entire way back.

even more enjoyable, taking down a guy with the flag the the last moment, be it with a TOW while he's still in the air, or an air mine just above his flag a second before he gets there.

Obviously, the teams have to be pretty evenly matched for it to be enjoyable. If not, well, at least thats 100 points in less than 5 minutes :)

it was weird. some games were well balanced. others were over too quick to know what was going on

it wasn't really unbalanced like i thought it would be

just kinda faster paced

User 406

Banned
Now I'm curious. Against my better judgement, I'm going to hop on and give FCTF a try. :)

Edit:

Wow, that was crazy. Won a Badlands game in one minute twenty seconds. I boosted over, got the flag, took it back, someone else got the next one, then I boosted back for the third. Insane. Had a couple games where the enemy kept a ton of ordinance pointed at the flag for defense too. And at the end, I was on a team who wouldn't get the fuck out of the base no matter what. >:|

Seemed to be a lot of people who didn't understand you could fly with the flag. As long as you had at least a couple bases, taking territory seemed largely irrelevant. A quick TOW/cluster/lightning on the enemy flag, and as long as they didn't have a tank at a distance waiting for a shot, it was pretty easy to drop down, get it, and get out. The fast flag return timer made stalemates less prevalent too.

Definitely different. Dunno if I'd want to play it often. Irritating when your first spawn is the farthest from the planes and by the time you get one the game's almost over. :p

Edit 2: Oh yeah, and I enjoyed the no friendly fire option for the first time ever. When I got switched to Team Retard, there was this kid. You know the one, the one that won't stop asking people inane questions about their clans, ranks, and other irrelevant garbage. So I've got the flag and I'm hiding from the enemy. He tries to knife me. "Can't teamkill here, idiot." He tries tossing grenades, firing rockets. "Yeah, keep trying kid." Then he says, "I want the flag." in this matter of fact tone of voice. A bit later he's following me around asking me to team up with him in a plane or something. Warhawk really needs adults-only servers.

methane47

Sea Manky said:
Now I'm curious. Against my better judgement, I'm going to hop on and give FCTF a try. :)

Edit:

Wow, that was crazy. Won a Badlands game in one minute twenty seconds. I boosted over, got the flag, took it back, someone else got the next one, then I boosted back for the third. Insane. Had a couple games where the enemy kept a ton of ordinance pointed at the flag for defense too. And at the end, I was on a team who wouldn't get the fuck out of the base no matter what. >:|

Seemed to be a lot of people who didn't understand you could fly with the flag. As long as you had at least a couple bases, taking territory seemed largely irrelevant. A quick TOW/cluster/lightning on the enemy flag, and as long as they didn't have a tank at a distance waiting for a shot, it was pretty easy to drop down, get it, and get out. The fast flag return timer made stalemates less prevalent too.

Definitely different. Dunno if I'd want to play it often. Irritating when your first spawn is the farthest from the planes and by the time you get one the game's almost over. :p

Edit 2: Oh yeah, and I enjoyed the no friendly fire option for the first time ever. When I got switched to Team Retard, there was this kid. You know the one, the one that won't stop asking people inane questions about their clans, ranks, and other irrelevant garbage. So I've got the flag and I'm hiding from the enemy. He tries to knife me. "Can't teamkill here, idiot." He tries tossing grenades, firing rockets. "Yeah, keep trying kid." Then he says, "I want the flag." in this matter of fact tone of voice. A bit later he's following me around asking me to team up with him in a plane or something. Warhawk really needs adults-only servers.

lol

I think, possibly, maybe, I was playing with it seems like the Same exact guy.. :lol

I jumped into a match once when i saw Arkestra and direstr8s there.. but i got put on the other team.. (ofcourse).. When i get in.. all i hear is complaining.. and cursing.. and laughing.. I'm like wtf is this crap?

I'm yelling over the mike instructions... No one is listening... baddies were flying in Wh's to get the flag.. and would leave all their wh's there.. And I see some guy going around with a rocket launcher.. blowing up all the planes.. I yell over the mic.. "DONT BLOW THEM UP!! That will mean its going to take longer for the planes to respawn on their side" THe guy responds by saying.. No its gonna stop ours from spawning... (this would make sense.. if any of them were any good in the air..

Anyways so i get irrated.. and decide to go get some kills.. jump in a tank.. and a guy starts shooting the tank and yells over the mic "GET OUT THATS MY TANK" i respond.. "no" he then says "I hate you" and puts two mines on my tank...

Ridiculous..

carlos

hmmm...seems like the challenge we had for today, the 29th, was withdrawn :(

oh, and in other great news, FGC challenged us again, oh but this time, they're FGC/GI, yes they merged with another clan!

and among their new recruits is "remerone" who is as good as anyone in the air, great, just great....

Seems we would've been better off losing to FGC, it seems everyone who is weaker/at the same level as us is afraid to play us because of it, while we get continually raped by the top tier clans.

While we're on the subject, Damage Control has also challenged us for march 9th, so clear out your calendars...

edit: nick, the friday afternoon match was declined. The only matches on schedule as of now are this saturday afternoon, sunday afternoon, and then next saturday (all EST).

Steroyd

I got messaged from the FGC/GI rematch... we're gonna get raped. ;_;

I like FGC, we're the only ones to accept a re-match (those who beat them recently) from them since their merger and they called us respectful. :D

mintylurb

nickslicl said:
Good games minty. I see you haven't lost the knack for blowing me out of the sky.
Good games man. You got me good as well. I remember in that one game where your team dominated the air. I was like wth, let's see how long I can survive in 1 vs 4..I didn't last long T_T

Steroyd

They're bigger, they're badder and we're going to get pwned. :_:

FGC/GI VS. GAF U

Match ID:657948
Date & Time:Sat 1 Mar 2008, 9:00 PM GMT

Players:8v8
Room Name:FGCvsGAFU
Password:rematch
Score Limit (Team Deathmatch):200
Friendly Fire:100% (On)

Games (Best of...):3
Game 1 Map:Island Outpost - Capture the Flag
Game 2 Map:Island Outpost - Zones

Game 3 Map:Archipelago - Team Deathmatch

Awe man Island Outpost... this should be fun. :/

CSSer

blah, why'd you guys accept the rematch? We could have left them suffering, and our butts feeling fine >______>

I like FGC, we're the only ones to accept a re-match (those who beat them recently) from them since their merger and they called us respectful.

Respectful rape victims... who don't mind multiple poundings.

Ceb

Sucks that F-15 backed out. I hereby announce my wish to participate in the FGC match. Let's stack the deck.

EDIT: We should do clan practice later today on those maps.

I also messaged a couple of other clans. Hopefully one of them will bite.

ChryZ

Ceb said:
EDIT: We should do clan practice later today on those maps.
Agreed.

I tried to improve my midfield game over the last few days. I managed to score 40 kills in a CTF game last night. Lots of interceptions and preemptive stuff. Okay ... it was an official server, but I hope it will translate into something useful when we go head to head with the GB competition.

User 406

Banned
I'll be available for the Sunday game, maybe the Saturday game if the all-star game gets put off, which it's looking like it might.

Who is taking volunteers for the games? I can send out an email notice to the clan and point them to you.

Ceb

I'm handing the KCK challenge (which will hopefully turn into something).

If you can play on Sat, I guess you should be on the midfield this time. Looking at your vids of the MVP match, I think we might've wasted your talent by locking you to flag assault duty

Steroyd

Assuming we're Blue

island-outpost-over-the-bridges-bases.jpg

If it's this map secure Zone 2 first, a defence crew sits on 2 at all times, don't panic if they shrink our main base, it serves next to no purpose other than to make us all panic and swarm to the main base while they take the other zones, 1 or 2 people should be more than enough to handle that.

If at any point, we take the zone closest to them i.e Zone 1, the bunch of peeps that defended Zone 2 sits on Zone 1 the longer we hold that Zone at level 3 the more their main base gets stunted meaning less points for them, they would also be incapable of expanding Zone 2 to level 3 (Level 1 max I think).

Island Outpost, my mortal enemy. :mad:

This is 8v8, so we'll have the 3-4-1 formation for CTF.
i
Ths is likely what we'll be playing on.
island-outpost-installation-bases.jpg

For the love of everything that is good in Warhawk SECURE BASE 4, I HATE sneak attacks from behind.

oneHeero

When gaf makes rooms, do they name it Gaf or something else? Ialways try searching for gaf games but dont think people are on or the rooms are under a code name.

Ceb

oneHeero said:
When gaf makes rooms, do they name it Gaf or something else? Ialways try searching for gaf games but dont think people are on or the rooms are under a code name.

If we have a server up, it's usually called "!GAF".

Kazenone

oneHeero said:

You should add some of us on PSN as well, as you can join the same servers as your buddies. Feel free to add me, my PSN is Nohne.

@Steroyd: I'll study your tactics thoroughly! Do we have positions sorted out yet?

Steroyd

We normally sort that over Mibbit before the match.

It might be the bigger map for CTF, if it is then we're going to have to have the lowdown of where to place mines.

User 406

Banned
Steroyd said:
Assuming we're Blue

island-outpost-over-the-bridges-bases.jpg

If it's this map secure Zone 2 first, a defence crew sits on 2 at all times, don't panic if they shrink our main base, it serves next to no purpose other than to make us all panic and swarm to the main base while they take the other zones, 1 or 2 people should be more than enough to handle that.

If at any point, we take the zone closest to them i.e Zone 1, the bunch of peeps that defended Zone 2 sits on Zone 1 the longer we hold that Zone at level 3 the more their main base gets stunted meaning less points for them, they would also be incapable of expanding Zone 2 to level 3 (Level 1 max I think).

I think the very first person to get a plane should immediately boost over and pick up zone 1. This will give the zone 2 guys more time to get 2 grown out to level 3, giving us an extra warhawk spawn. And you're absolutely right about not worrying too much about the home base as long as the nearby zones are ours, that's the one zone they can't take.

I'll send out an email now.

Ceb

I got one reply from one of the clans I checked with. "Already have one scheduled for this evening. Thanks though." Well, they don't have any matches scheduled for today. I pointed this out but didn't receive any more replies after this. :lol

It definitely seems as if the only teams who are willing to go up against us are the elite ones.

I am gonna put up !GAF with variations of that map rotation now.

Top Bottom