• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Sea Manky said:
I think the very first person to get a plane should immediately boost over and pick up zone 1. This will give the zone 2 guys more time to get 2 grown out to level 3, giving us an extra warhawk spawn. And you're absolutely right about not worrying too much about the home base as long as the nearby zones are ours, that's the one zone they can't take.

I'll send out an email now.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but won't there only be one Warhawk that spawns at the home base? (Unless the rules are different in that map layout)

Maybe have a pilot and a passenger immediately go for Zone 1, and have a loaded jeep take Zone 2? (I'm just thinking out loud here. I'm not participating in this match, but I find the strategies interesting. Of course, you guys probably know much, much more than I do, with you being in the top 100 in the world :D)

Ceb

Wow, a lot of easy wins there, DireStr8s. The TDM was strangely close though.

I've messaged KCK to remind them that they shouldn't wait until Sunday to decide whether or not to accept the challenge.

Clinton514

How often do you guys play?

Edit: sorry I posted this in the wrong thread. Here's the bubble shield photo again.

OBM_image_4.jpg

Ceb

Ohhh, I didn't know you deployed the bubble shield. I thought it was a force field around the APC itself.

EDIT:

KCK match on Sunday is cancelled.

User 406

Banned
Good games there on MrPips' server, guys. :D

Jack, there's a plane that spawns on the upper portion of the main base, and one that spawns down at the bottom of the cliff in front of the tunnel. If you can get one of the bridges to level 3, you'll get another warhawk spawn with two warhawks on the far end of the bridge. My strategy is to just boost to the far bridge asap, picking up the cluster bomb on the way, get it to level 1, then take off and harry whatever enemy tries to take it back. That gives our team enough time to take the other bridge to 3. That can be done with the other warhawk, tank, or jeeps.

Man, I can't wait for that expansion. :d

methane47

Sea Manky said:
Good games there on MrPips' server, guys. :D

Jack, there's a plane that spawns on the upper portion of the main base, and one that spawns down at the bottom of the cliff in front of the tunnel. If you can get one of the bridges to level 3, you'll get another warhawk spawn with two warhawks on the far end of the bridge. My strategy is to just boost to the far bridge asap, picking up the cluster bomb on the way, get it to level 1, then take off and harry whatever enemy tries to take it back. That gives our team enough time to take the other bridge to 3. That can be done with the other warhawk, tank, or jeeps.

Man, I can't wait for that expansion. :d

Hey Manky you really should have heard the other team in the destroyed capital game..

"noo.. nooo!!.. MANKY IS REALLY GOOD"

"DAMMIT MANKY"

"I GOT SEA MANKY WITH AN AIR MINE YESSSSSSSSS"

"DANG IT .. I dont even want to go near a warhawk with Sea Manky in the Air"

And there were MANY more hillarious comments lol.. Even though we lost that match.. i had a tonne of fun just listening :lol

Steroyd

FULL MAP FOR ZONES AND CTF ISLAND OUTPOST I REPEAT FULL MAPS FOR ZONES AND CTF FOR ISLAND OUTPOST.

island-outpost-island-battle-bases.jpg

Pain in the frikken ass, for CTF we're going to have to mine that shit up, more mines than I can place, one mine near the flag, one mine where they jump down from the flag, and one on the walkway leading up to the flag, also mine the central pathway before the fork to increase chances of them running into it if they so happen to retrieve the flag.

Also place a lot of air mines in the vincinty of the flag, to limit air space for them.

This is the areas in which each squad should have priorities over.

WarhawkMapIslandOutpost.png

Blue - Defence
Green - Midfield
Red - Attack

For Zones, we're going to adopt a similar tactic with CTF although instead of having assigned areas of interest the defence squad holds the most advanced base, and tries to keep it at level 3 for as long as possible no matter what is going on with the other zones, inhibiting their chain and growth means they get less points, and faith in everyone else that they'll restore the zones.

This is going to be nuts, try and remember the Zonal numbers as well makes it easier to pinpoint attack and defence etc.

Jaeyden

Sorry, Mibbit is currently down due to hosting issues.
We will be moving host soon and service will be resumed shortly.

If you know of a dedicated server host that allows IRC traffic, and has a clue, please email me - axod@axod.net

--axod

That's what I get ...oh well

Steroyd said:
Pain in the frikken ass, for CTF we're going to have to mine that shit up, more mines than I can place, one mine near the flag, one mine where they jump down from the flag, and one on the walkway leading up to the flag, also mine the central pathway before the fork to increase chances of them running into it if they so happen to retrieve the flag.

Also place a lot of air mines in the vincinty of the flag, to limit air space for them.

I also encourage less traditional thought on the placement of mines.

For instance on these maps, I've noticed enemies that run from the flag to your hangar with the tanks / jeeps.

If you mine the pillars under the walkway leading to the hangar you can tag flag carriers pretty effectively that way.

Also mine under the vehicles you're not using. This way if they do make it to a vehicle in the hangar, you take them out or deal damage so you can recover with less hassle.

But yeah, I was doing this last week in a match and it was a thing of beauty. Folks would see me, and attempt to return fire; I'd let them run *BOOM!* Flag has been dropped. Recover.

Repeat. :D

Pharmacy

Banned
Pai Pai Master said:
Mind if I add you as well, Methane (and you too Pharmacy)? Just started playing again last week and I want more people to play with.

yeah go ahead, no problem at all

also: had to leave because im not buying omega dawn

carlos

fuck, fuck fuck, another network error with only a couple minutes to go in that dogfight

that's it for me today, I really have to fix that dsl splitter thing :(

methane47

carlos said:
fuck, fuck fuck, another network error with only a couple minutes to go in that dogfight

that's it for me today, I really have to fix that dsl splitter thing :(

Yeah man time to switch internet providers... Well I got your Warhawk wings for you :)

We won by the way :)

Edit: Game froze for me

EDIT: I think I finally have been able to dodge missles more consistantly.... During that Dogfighting match.. NUMEROUS TIMES i saw TTP, Ark, Steroyd, etc (pretty much all the gaffers) dodging my missles... and I kind of found out that you have to go up and down alot quicker than I was doing..

Previously I would go up for like ~3 seconds and then down for ~3 seconds... But after seeing you guys do it.. i noticed you were going up for a second or less.. and then down for a second or less...

So thanks for the training (TTP especially) :) He seemed to ALWAYS be on my tail.. I think one time I dodged a 7 missle swarm from him... he still killed me with the MG but still.. good lessons for me.. :)

carlos

methane47 said:
Yeah man time to switch internet providers... Well I got your Warhawk wings for you :)
QUOTE]

Heh, i wish it were that easy; there's only one dsl option on the island, and internet through cable is only for the metro area(which I don't live in and it still has shitty upload speed).

that's it

2 freakin' options for broadband , of which I can only choose 1 :/

oh and c'mon guys, if you had read my little faq a few pages back you would know where I'd be dropping those air mines :p

edit: lol, went back to !gaf! right after eating, I enter the zones game where it's like 10 on 6 .
i said fuck that, I just ate and that was going to make me vomit...now i'm seriously done for tonight.

That was really fun. I joined somewhere in the middle of the Dogfights game on Omega Factory (and did pretty bad...you guys are pretty good), and got to play a full game of CTF on Island Outpost. I did considerably better this time - third best player in the game, and aronud 110 points or so.

I gotta apologize to whoever it was that I teamkilled, though. Not even sure if it was a Gaffer or not, but I shot a rocket towards an enemy and acidently killed my teammate (who was carrying the flag) as well. I promise, I did NOT do that just so I could capture the flag. I honestly didn't even know he was carrying it.

Super fun time, though. Reminds me why Warhawk is my favorite online game, by far. And were those matches ranked?

Was fun playing with you guys. :) Looking forward to more of it. That CTF match was intense!

And sorry for the TKs Jaedyn. :lol I think I'm your bad luck charm or something.

mintylurb

Pai Pai Master said:
Was fun playing with you guys. :) Looking forward to more of it. That CTF match was intense!

And sorry for the TKs Jaedyn. :lol I think I'm your bad luck charm or something.
It's ok to TK. We TK because we care!

icechai

methane47 said:
So thanks for the training (TTP especially) :) He seemed to ALWAYS be on my tail.. I think one time I dodged a 7 missle swarm from him... he still killed me with the MG but still.. good lessons for me.. :)

yeah, haven't played dogfight w/ decent players for ages. I finally started to get the tighter side to side dodges/turns, but still quite a bit aways from being really efficient in the air.

Ceb

Good games, everyone. Sorry for the shit-ton of dumb teamkills I did on the Over the Bridges map. Did the old "forget which team I'm on" routine once. :(

Jaeyden

Pai Pai Master said:

:D No prob...that stuff happens.

Top Bottom