• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

methane47

Jaeyden said:
That last CTF on Eucadia was fun y'all! Nice job guys.

You were the most annoying player that match.. i think

Everytime we get the flag... we're returning it to the base and MOTHA FU!#_% GOD CRAP DANG IT!!>!>

JAyden is racing across the country side with our flag...

Then we kill you... and return our flag... and then when i jump back into my warhawk and look at the map.. I'm like " WTF? where's our flag..." I spin my warhawk around.. And

GOOD GRACIOUS MOTHA F'IN HO SON OF A DONKEY"S MIDDLE TOE.. JAYDEN Got the flag AGAIN and is racing across the country side with it... :lol

but fun stuff though

User 406

Banned
Yeah, good stuff there. Pity about the random deliberate teamkillers though. And part way through that Valley Battle CTF my son grabbed my wife's dreadlocks with both hands and I had to run over and help extricate her, so I was out for a couple minutes, but nobody seemed to notice. XD

Checking my profile, I'm less than 400 points from gettin' me Lucky Charms!

leprechaun.jpg

ChryZ

Good games indeed,

My shaking-off-missiles improved nicely from 0% to 50% and I'm getting more maneuverability out of the pro scheme :D

Ceb

ChryZ said:
Good games indeed,

My shaking-off-missiles improved nicely from 0% to 50% and I'm getting more maneuverability out of the pro scheme :D

You've also switched controls? I really don't think I could go back to normal flight now.

Sorry I took a while to deal with the TKers there. I didn't quite hear who that "sc..." guy you were talking about was. Didn't see anyone with a negative or really low score and since there were two other guys with similar usernames I didn't want to take a chance.

ChryZ

Ceb said:
You've also switched controls? I really don't think I could go back to normal flight now.
Nah, I used it since the beta. I never fully utilized the whole maneuverability though, but Sea Manky's movies showed me the light. Now I have to get rid of some bad habits and learn a few new tricks.

rcl66

Just recently picked up a PS3 and was debating this game. Would be fun to start at this point or is everyone so established and good that I'd just be in a spawn-die-spawn-die have no fun loop? Reviews say its great but has a steep learning curve and since it's been out a while....

Ceb

rcl66 said:
Just recently picked up a PS3 and was debating this game. Would be fun to start at this point or is everyone so established and good that I'd just be in a spawn-die-spawn-die have no fun loop? Reviews say its great but has a steep learning curve and since it's been out a while....

You'll be ok if you start out by learning the controls in an offline game, then move on to low-level official servers.

icechai

rcl66 said:

What's great about this game is that there's a role for anyone from simple manning a turret to more complex air to air defense. The learning curve is mainly for all the vehicles and weapons available, but if you just stick to one thing at a time (until you get bored of it), then you will quickly learn new tricks and improve your game.

If you look at the past posts, everyone STILL learns new and more efficient ways to play the game even after a bajillion hours later.

carlos

onadesertedisland said:
im never going to be able to play a game with the entire group eh

oh well

c'mon, think positive....

Btw guys, I'd really like to get some more server practice together, especially in ctf. So far we've only won that first one vs FGC, and that was more like a series of coincidences that favored us.

I'd like to set up some drills to get our ctf defense up to decent levels and to see who would work best at defending/how many are needed, etc.

Ceb

carlos said:
c'mon, think positive....

Btw guys, I'd really like to get some more server practice together, especially in ctf. So far we've only won that first one vs FGC, and that was more like a series of coincidences that favored us.

I'd like to set up some drills to get our ctf defense up to decent levels and to see who would work best at defending/how many are needed, etc.

If BSK isn't up for a game tomorrow, we should do what you just said instead.

carlos

BTW, I'm currently in negotiations for 3 matches next weekend with:
-players pride
-soldiers of the rebellion
-tools of destruction

I'll be asking for 6-8 players, saturday and sunday afternoon (EST);

hopefully we'll get at least one of these to bite :/

Fellow clan leaders, lemme know if you're currently trying to set up matches for next weekend, so we can plan ahead and get one after the other.

How often does Gaf play games like we did yesterday? That was extremely fun, but all the talk in this thread seems to be about more serious clan games.

ChryZ

Maybe it would be a good idea to create a second GAF clan for people who want to play more casual or who are new to the game?

Hi Guys,i was wondering if i can rejoin the clan again..?I was kicked out a couple of month ago(maybe cause i wasn't active?),i had a lot of stuff to do and clear in my life,but now i settled it all and i'm back to business:D I bought the omega dawn pack,of course my skills are a bit rusted,so i'll need a bit of practise to getting used to the game again.I loved playing with Freethought,Sea_Manky,Steroyd and all the gaf crew,so if there's some space for me in the clan i would gladly join again the awesomeness that is warhawk and the Gaf clan!

Edit:i forgot,my id is angelcage,for anyone that wants to add me on their friend list for a match or two,i also have guitar hero III,but i'm not very good at it(still blocked at hard :/)

Ceb

Wow, it really looks as if Bomb Squad Kittens will actually play us tonight. They were missing some people but could probably get together enough manpower for the match (they're a fairly big clan).

I know some people already said they could play Sunday back when we had other challenges posted for today, but please, confirm again if you're available for 3PM EST/8PM GMT.

womfalcs3

Banned
I didn't know I was invited to the clan. I just noticed as I was playing around with the interface. There should be a notification system? Or if there is, I didn't see it.

I just noticed my stats haven't updated since the day I got the game.

Steroyd

Jack Scofield said:
How often does Gaf play games like we did yesterday? That was extremely fun, but all the talk in this thread seems to be about more serious clan games.

This is the problem we have. :|

We want to play as a clan all the time, BUT whenever we set up a clan server barely anyone joins.
Through Gamebattles seems to be the only way. :|

ChryZ

Ceb said:
I know some people already said they could play Sunday back when we had other challenges posted for today, but please, confirm again if you're available for 3PM EST/8PM GMT.
Ready for service :D

Ceb

mysticstylez said:
I'm possibly thinking about picking this up today, is it newb friendly at all?

It can be a bit intimidating at first if you play on high-level servers. Take your time to learn the controls and stick to low-level official servers to begin with and you should have no problem. And even if your KDR is like 0.5 for a while, know that things will eventually improve.

Also, read the posts following this one for some helpful pointers.

ChryZ

mysticstylez said:
I'm possibly thinking about picking this up today, is it newb friendly at all?
IMHO it is. You can play unranked, on your own server or offline until you feel confident. The ranked servers allow only certain ranks to join indicated by (Lv1), (Lv2), etc. (Lv1) should be somewhat newb friendly.

icechai

dang Escalation, what kind of server did you subject me to last night? :p For most of the games I was pretty much the only Warhawk in the air and even if I was dodging you or one of the other 2 enemy pilots I'd constantly get another couple missle locks right away >_< At least some of the ctf games were moderately competitive (with me and 1 guy on offense while the whole team stayed in base and didn't even mine that well). Well, good practice for missle dodging, now I just need to chase better.

User 406

Banned
I can play against BSK if needed.

I don't see why we can't set up simple clan get togethers the same way we do clan matches. One of the reasons we frequently get a lot of people into a GAF server right after a clan match is because people already set aside time for the clan match and still want to play. So if you just want to set up a server to play with gaffers, pick a block of time, announce it ahead of time, and there you go.

And I don't think it's really necessary to segregate newbies and veterans into two clans. I'm a firm believer that you get the best experience playing with and against the strongest. You just need persistence and a willingness to adapt and learn.

I've got a lot of chores and cooking to do today, so I'll try to get to it soon, but I'm going to set up a web page that details who the clan captains are, what you need to do to get in, and the current info for all the clan members. That way when we get people posting here about joining, we can give them the link to make things easier. I'll also try to put up whatever useful clan-related info we come up with. So while I'm working on that project, you guys can keep scheduling matches. XD

Edit: I just got the email addresses for people together and was about to send it to all the other captains when I realize that I don't have an email address for Steroyd. Give. >:|

Pharmacy

Banned
Ceb said:

reporting for duty if im allowed

carlos

Pharmacy said:
reporting for duty if im allowed

I believe you have to be registered at gamebattles for 24 hours in advance of the match to be eligible to play :/

But keep in mind that we might set up a gaf server before or after the match, and you're more than welcome to join.

ChryZ

Sea Manky said:
And I don't think it's really necessary to segregate newbies and veterans into two clans. I'm a firm believer that you get the best experience playing with and against the strongest. You just need persistence and a willingness to adapt and learn.
I didn't suggested to segregate newbies and veterans. The idea was more like to have clans for people who want to GB and those who aren't. Having two clans doesn't mean we can't play together, especially mixed matches should be fun.

User 406

Banned
Well there's no reason you can't just avoid the gamebattles and pop in for the clan matches. I hold out hope that Incognito will fix the responsiveness of the clan member page so we can use it to play each other, and being in one clan will make that easier.

ChryZ

Sea Manky said:
Well there's no reason you can't just avoid the gamebattles and pop in for the clan matches. I hold out hope that Incognito will fix the responsiveness of the clan member page so we can use it to play each other, and being in one clan will make that easier.
Yeah, agreed. It would also be great if they could crank up the member limit.

burnfout

So I am back from my trip! What did I miss?

Anyway I saw we had a clanmatch tonight? Count me out, I have a dinner planned at my girffriends house :(

Steroyd

You need to sign onto gamebattles 24 hours before you're eligable to do a clan battle.

I'll get onto sending you an invite.

carlos

guys, we have a last moment challenge for tomorrow, monday at 630pm est.

the other guys' feedback is a little sketchy, but we're so used to losing, I don't think that losing again would hurt too much ;p

so we need a couple of volunteers; so far we have manky, ttp, ceb, methane and myself
if you're available,and eligible on gamebattles, please post in this thread

Top Bottom