• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Island Outpost CTF was really fun. I guess defense is what I do best, seeing as how I unconsciously always stay back and protect the flag.

Archipelago was next, my favorite level. The countdown begins. 5...4...3...2...1...game freezes. DAMMIT!

ChryZ

Jack Scofield said:
I'm definitely joining. Mind if I send you a friend request ChryZ, so I can find the game easier?
Sorry, I was already in the game ^_^;

Anyways the "!" puts it right on top of the list so it's quick and easy to find.

carlos

thanks for volunteering guys, we now have more than enough to accept the match; I'll send out an email tomorrow a bit over an hour before gametime to remind y'all.

oh and frustrating matches there on !gaf, how I hate being outnumbered in the air so much!

So what's going on next? I'm a bit rusty. Last night and today was the first time I played in a month.

And whoever said "long time no see BlackGoku03" sorry, I lost my Bluetooth mic. I think I have an old PS2 one around here...

methane47

>___>

That CTF really pissed me off..

Guy is in a jeep.. I'm in a tank.. And he's coming down from base one... and I'm at the bottom.. I shoot him once... NO DAMAGE

I shoot him again.. 1/4 damage

He passes me.. I shoot again.. 1/2 damage...

He gets stuck in the entry way to the center base... I shoot at the jeep (Which is IN that little covering.. and he's STILL IN The JEEP..

The Shot HITS the Jeep for a whopping NO DAMAGE... (Note I just shot a Tank explosive shell into this awning... He gets out.. i figure I can get one more shot at him... I pass underneath the awning.. And I see a Land Mine on EACH SIDE OF THE AWNING.. Which SOME HOW AVOIDED BLOWING UP>... BUT... as soon as I get inside the awning.. BOOM..

Another time... I had the flag... saw mines to the entrance to the center base... So I decided to go around.. I reach almost ALl the way around and there was a baddie there ready for me... and he and I hit into each other... He throws a grenade.. which explodes on both of us... but none of us get any damage... So I run past him.... all of a sudden... I phase through a couple trees and fall off the map..... Instant respawn for their flag.. :(

And whoever said "long time no see BlackGoku03" sorry, I lost my Bluetooth mic. I think I have an old PS2 one around here...

Yeah that was me... I was driving a tank up a hill and on my screen I passed you.. then... team kill..

Seriously.. I have no idea what was happening... I would shoot my MG in the warhawk and get suicides... I was boosting past a pickup and dropped a mine ... SUICIDE...

Threw a grenade about 30 feet at an enemy.. SUICIDE!!..

mintylurb

carlos said:
thanks for volunteering guys, we now have more than enough to accept the match; I'll send out an email tomorrow a bit over an hour before gametime to remind y'all.

oh and frustrating matches there on !gaf, how I hate being outnumbered in the air so much!
Hey, you guys outnumbered my team in the air the one before yet only tied..muahah ;d

Ceb

mintylurb said:
Hey, you guys outnumbered my team in the air the one before yet only tied..muahah ;d

I was actually surprised we managed to tie that one with five highly competent GAFers on the other team. TTP's awesome flag defending was a big factor, methinks.

carlos

I was running behind you, methane; I was all like "WTF!" how did you fall of the cliff!

I'm sad to say we'd probably have some troubles if ceb had to host on gamebattles; there's always something screwy going on....On one occasion, I shoot ttp with a tow missle before he gets into a warhawk; BOOM, yet neither ttp is hurt, nor does the warhawk even blow up! it just stays there fully healed and ttp keeps walking around as if nothing happened.

I did enjoy knocking that one flagcarrier off a mountain and into the water in that final turn before his base; while invisible too, I'm sure that had to be a wtf! moment for him.

oh yeah, and shooting a homing missle at minty from a distance; BOOM! I suicided; WTF!

on island outpost, twice I got the flag when exiting the warhawk; but then I became stuck in the middle of the warhawk and couldn't move, becoming an easy target for ttp.

and yeah, I said that to you, blackgoku, no prob about the mic, at least I know that someone was listening to me out there!

methane47 said:
Yeah that was me... I was driving a tank up a hill and on my screen I passed you.. then... team kill..

Seriously.. I have no idea what was happening... I would shoot my MG in the warhawk and get suicides... I was boosting past a pickup and dropped a mine ... SUICIDE...

Threw a grenade about 30 feet at an enemy.. SUICIDE!!..
Damn... everything was pretty normal for me. i would have quit the game or something if I was getting fucked over that bad.

mintylurb

Ceb said:
I was actually surprised we managed to tie that one with five highly competent GAFers on the other team. TTP's awesome flag defending was a big factor, methinks.
And don't forget that minty dude holding off several gaffers all by himself in the air!..He is awesome! ;d j/k Yea, carlos and ccser were going nuts in that game with their tows and mines

icechai

carlos said:
I was running behind you, methane; I was all like "WTF!" how did you fall of the cliff!

I'm sad to say we'd probably have some troubles if ceb had to host on gamebattles; there's always something screwy going on....On one occasion, I shoot ttp with a tow missle before he gets into a warhawk; BOOM, yet neither ttp is hurt, nor does the warhawk even blow up! it just stays there fully healed and ttp keeps walking around as if nothing happened.

I did enjoy knocking that one flagcarrier off a mountain and into the water in that final turn before his base; while invisible too, I'm sure that had to be a wtf! moment for him.

oh yeah, and shooting a homing missle at minty from a distance; BOOM! I suicided; WTF!

and yeah, I said that to you, blackgoku, no prob about the mic, at least I know that someone was listening to me out there!

lol I just saw him fall off (since you were invis) and I was like wtf! And yeah, throwing grenades by your feet as you rounded center and watching you fall was pretty hilarious too.

carlos

BlackGoku03 said:
Damn... everything was pretty normal for me. i would have quit the game or something if I was getting fucked over that bad.

That's the price we pay for getting to play with other gaffers....

methane47

carlos said:
Hey, it's nothing; we're just glad to be able to get together once in a while thanks to you.

This is true... Through all of it.. its still fun to play with fellow gaffers.. All because of you Ceb..:D

CSSer

I left early because me and carlos were getting destroyed in the ctf at archipelago, and my controller kept spazzing out so many times. Maybe I shouldn't have went to the other side after that dominant zones game.

mintylurb

CSSer said:
I left early because me and carlos were getting destroyed in the ctf at archipelago, and my controller kept spazzing out so many times. Maybe I shouldn't have went to the other side after that dominant zones game.
quitter..>____________<

mintylurb

good games esca although i had to bail out due to wh crashing my ps3..again..I think I'm going to take a break from wh for a bit.. this is too much. Anyway, I wonder if i can get a replacement copy from sony or something.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Awesome. Thanks!
APC + Defence field + ground troop 1.3 additions (wrench and Bio-Field) = All your bases are belong to me. :lol

BTW, do we know if the APC can be lifted by the Dropship?

Any plans of making the Omega Dawn pack free? I already have it, but I don't want the user base to be split any further with the release of Broken Mirror.

Grayman

Hey guys it's been awhile. I'm going to flip back a few pages and find Carlos' flying guide have their been any other A+++ posts to read?

ChryZ

Ceb said:
:( It really sucks to hear you guys were having so many issues.
Not many issues here, but being on the right side of the pond might be a factor :p

The feedback sounds a lot like my experience with the BSK game though :(

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
hi guys

how is the Europe servers scenario? lots of ppl? empty?
Can I only join servers from my continent like motorstorm or can I join servers worldwide?

thanks

Ceb

Lots of people on the EU servers. The game doesn't restrict you to a region like Motorstorm, so yes, you can game with people from all over the world.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
carlos said:
guys, we have a last moment challenge for tomorrow, monday at 630pm est.

the other guys' feedback is a little sketchy, but we're so used to losing, I don't think that losing again would hurt too much ;p

so we need a couple of volunteers; so far we have manky, ttp, ceb, methane and myself
if you're available,and eligible on gamebattles, please post in this thread

Is this still happening? Mibbit?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
methane47 said:
I guess we'll jump on mibbit close to the launch of the game... i mean.. its only 1:30 EST now

yeah, sorry. I thought it was CET time as reported on gamebattles (to me at least).

Ceb

Btw,

Destroyed Capitol - Capture the Flag
Badlands - Team Deathmatch
Badlands - Zones

DC's gotta be Spire Shut-in. Let's pray that the Badlands config isn't Supply Lines. I'd rather take Skirmish over that one.

A good idea would be to gather together like 2 hours from now and do some unranked clan practice. For example, we can take turns to try out base defending against several attackers. With team switch on, we can have 2 defenders try to defend the flag from 4 attackers or something like that. You know situations like that will happen in the game.

We can also try stuff like one team trying to retake a disadvantage in the mid-sized Zones maps.

carlos

Ceb said:
A good idea would be to gather together like 2 hours from now and do some unranked clan practice. For example, we can take turns to try out base defending against several attackers. With team switch on, we can have 2 defenders try to defend the flag from 4 attackers or something like that. You know situations like that will happen in the game.

That's exactly what I wanted to do; as long as we learn to defend our flag perfectly, that's 1 out of 3 games that we should win or tie every single time. What threw me for a loop yesterday was that we used the medium sized map instead of the larger one (which I was ready for).

For future matches, maybe we should negotiate and pick bigger maps (as well as 30 minutes instead of 20, like yesterday). Our teamwork isn't ready for those small to medium size maps where everything is more frantic.

Ceb

Let's gather everyone who's around at 4PM and do CTF practice then. If you're there, you can delegate people to defensive positions.

Btw, I'm gonna go order a headset RIGHT NOW. I'm so sick of not being able to communicate properly, and I'm sure everyone else feels the same. :lol

ChryZ

We played quite a few GB matches now and from my experience a few remarks:

-when we lost: we were outclassed / outnumbered in the air
-cause for outclassed: lack of skills adventitiously effected by being outnumbered
-cause for outnumbered: lack of bases (aka warhawk spawns)

IMHO the key to CTF is not camping the flag, that's kinda passive aka waiting for them, wasting time. Anyone should be out there: taking bases. It's not OD, no flying lobster. I'd rather have full/decent control of the air (incl tow, clusters, etc). Having to catch them in the first third of the map is a small price to pay.

IMHO top priority should always be to hold at least one key base outside of the base camp and to expand from there. If that key base is endangered, then report via team chat and anyone should redirect their effort to reclaim it.

Take bases in small teams: one wh, two people. Drop the passenger, if secure, join him to take the base faster. In case of bad company give air support, if you die respawn at the just claimed base and finish the job. Then repeat with the next base.

Discuss.

Top Bottom