• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

methane47

Ceb said:
I was scouting the forums of one of our possible opponents for the weekend for some of their tactics. :D

About the warhawk jump trick we were discussing:

Didn't know that going straight up made it harder. If we could coordinate attacks on DC where one person does the jump trick and another heads in the regular way, we'd have good backup for possible mine debacles and an element of surprise against the defender(s).

On TDM dogfight tactics:

This advice obviously isn't meant for Manky, carlos, Esca and other people who are highly comfortable in the air. Remember to check your map and don't let the other team lure you into a trap.

Their counterattack tactic for retaking Archipelago center base:

It's true that most people either forget about troopers standing up around the warhawk spawns or have a hard time hitting them.

Thats actually quite scarey.... I hate knowing that my opponents are well organized..

And I really like their arch middle base attack method.. Putting the guys on the second floor instead of just rushing for the flag immediately... sounds like a really good idea.. but that takes alot of coordination

Ceb

Sorry for having to quit. Some of you were just getting warmed up. Great games though, although I felt really bad about leaving carlos all alone in that dogfight. o_o

User 406

Banned
WOOOO THAT WAS AWESOME! XD

In the last minute of that dogfight, I got that wacky bug where the world flashes and goes black with machine gun fire sounds. Still managed to get four kills during it. WARHAWK POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER! \w/ >_< \w/

And that CTF comeback was CRAZY. I honestly thought we were fucked early on when we lost all the bases and carlos and Jaeyden were all over the sky. Can't believe we pulled that off.

I need a cigarette. :p

carlos

awesome dogfight right there (would've been better if the teams were more even :p)

and I must admit, I'm really liking the air mines in the clouds in the middle of island outpost, so thanks for that tip. Manky :)

that archipelago ctf, both times you scored, you had the center base, I just couldn't find a warhawk and stop you :(

and yeah, I wish I had more support in that dogfight, as usual, not finding any weapons on our side is what really ticks me off (though I enjoyed TOWing manky, direstr8s and jack s. :)

Great Dogfight match, Gaf. It's too bad I only get to play one or two games before I have to go to work, though.

carlos said:
and I must admit, I'm really liking the air mines in the clouds in the middle of island outpost, so thanks for that tip. Manky :)

Haha. I just started using this tactic, as well. I got a few kills from it, whenever I could find the air mine pickups.

Ceb

Oh hey, /7 accepted our challenge, so I'm gonna need some volunteers for Sunday 4PM EDT/8PM GMT. Do you guys set your clocks forward this weekend?

The lineup is

8vs8
Archipelago - Capture the Flag
Badlands - Team Deathmatch
Archipelago - Zones

We've had a lot of practice on these maps already, but there will be more!

EDIT:

Also, Tokers are up for a 4vs4 this weekend. I'm gonna wait for confirmation on the matches carlos are investigating before I set a date though.

DireStr8s

Ah carlos, the second time you hit me with the tow was humiliating.

CTF was awesome though! In addition to winning, I recieved my Legion of Merit and Zone Defense medals. And the Zones match before that I picked up my Master Clusterbomb badge.

carlos

Ceb said:
I'm gonna wait for confirmation on the matches carlos are investigating before I set a date though.

I've sent 2 messages to all three clans, and still no word from any of them; I even ran into one of their players and told him about it, but he couldn't confirm anything...
So for now, I assume, that those 3 matches wont be this weekend, if ever ....sigh...

I kept playing CTF until now, along with a merry band of idiots on my side, who didn't pilot warhawks, couldn't defend well, didn't go after bases. And yet, it was hilarious that we won or tied all the matches; I was pretty in the zone there, killing the flagcarrier5-8 times per trip, bumping his jeep into the water, etc.
Even more hilarious the fact that I was top player, but the rest of the top 12 was from the other team; and they're all like "how did we lose?"

ah warhawk...I really must break your addiction...

edit: oh and yeah, nickslicl, I saw you just hovering there back near your base while I was invisible and I'm like, "oh, this one's just too good to be true...BOOM!!" lol

edit 2: heh, looks like clan kamakazee has been locked for 7 days, presumably from intentionally suiciding against the blue x angels

burnfout

Ceb said:
Oh hey, /7 accepted our challenge, so I'm gonna need some volunteers for Sunday 4PM EDT/8PM GMT. Do you guys set your clocks forward this weekend?

The lineup is

8vs8
Archipelago - Capture the Flag
Badlands - Team Deathmatch
Archipelago - Zones

We've had a lot of practice on these maps already, but there will be more!

EDIT:

Also, Tokers are up for a 4vs4 this weekend. I'm gonna wait for confirmation on the matches carlos are investigating before I set a date though.

I'm volunteering for Sunday!

carlos

are we accepting the damage control rematch as well?
It would be about an hour after the end of the /7 match

(DC match is 10 on 10 (6:30pm est); volunteers?)

Ceb

Cool, cool. Need more volunteers.

carlos: If you or someone else wants to have a 4vs4 on Fri or Sat, just message the Tokers clan about it. I'd set it up, but I'm gonna be busy for the most part of those days.

Steroyd

Dear god that Blue team wouldn't stfu about you Sea_Manky. :|

OMG I killed Sea_Manky.

OMG I got killed by Sea_Manky

OMG how did Sea_Manky blow me out of the air.

How did Sea_Manky get here so fast.

Had to bail from that team it was near unbearable. >_<

carlos

Ceb said:
Cool, cool. Need more volunteers.

carlos: If you or someone else wants to have a 4vs4 on Fri or Sat, just message the Tokers clan about it. I'd set it up, but I'm gonna be busy for the most part of those days.

no problem, you know I'm always up for a game.

So guys, we need three people who can compromise to play on either friday or saturday afternoon.

Volunteers, please post here as soon as possible, to try to get it set up in time.

User 406

Banned
lolz

I can play in any Sunday games, on Saturday there's that dogfight tournament I'm in, supposedly at 3-4pm PST. That's 6-7pm EST, so anything at our usual slot I should be able to do.

Ceb

I was playing with Manky on MrPips' server just now (fun times!), but it's probably full. I think I might set up !GAF in 30 minutes or so.

carlos

Well how about that...seems we got challenged again for Sunday by Team Elite, a fairly new clan. The time of the match would be right after we finish with damage control.

Wow, this would make it three matches on Sunday: /7 , DC, and -TE- from (4pm, 6:30, and 8pm, respectively).

Anyone up for a marathon?

I assume Manky and I would be sure bets for all 3 games,( with the amount of play time we've logged), but there are many people in the clan who haven't played much and this is a great chance for everyone to get some games in.

I'll see if we can get that 4 on 4 with Tokers just before your dogfight match manky; around 4pm est on saturday.

(I'm trying to avoid spamming your emails with clan notifications, so please post here if you're available, and specify which matches you'd like to be in.

Volunteers, report in!

edit: oh and Jack scofield, if you want to play, remember, you have to be in the gamebattles roster 24 hours before the match, same goes for anyone else out there. (current gamebattles clan members = 25)

Fucking shit, that match was HORRIBLE for me. My kill/death ratio was negative the entire round (finished with at 1.00), got a measly number of points, only took about two or three zones, and worst of all, my controller disconnected right as a tank rolled up into our base.

Thanks guys, now I have to go to work angry. ;)

carlos said:
edit: oh and Jack scofield, if you want to play, remember, you have to be in the gamebattles roster 24 hours before the match, same goes for anyone else out there. (current gamebattles clan members = 25)

Wait, I have to be in the roster to play in the !GAF games, or are you referring to the clan matches? Strangely enough, I was thinking about volunteering for at least one of the Sunday games. I'll go to gamebattles.com and check back with you.

carlos

Jack Scofield said:
Wait, I have to be in the roster to play in the !GAF games, or are you referring to the clan matches? Strangely enough, I was thinking about volunteering for at least one of the Sunday games. I'll go to gamebattles.com and check back with you.

No I meant being registered on gamebattles for clan matches only. You have to join there and then Steroyd is the one who has to send you an invite to the clan on GB.

Everyone is welcome on !GAF; as long as they're not aiming at me ;)

carlos

Just got confirmation that Team Elite can host the match, so it's all a matter of us getting enough volunteers. (Their team leader seems like a nice/polite guy too).

carlos

When done in a team deathmatch, someone who would've been killed and been a point to the other team, instead kills himself, and there's no point to the other team (and no penalty except -1 to the person who killed himself.

Examples are:
crashing against a mountain when being followed by warhawks and low on health
jumping/driving into the water when under attack by a warhawk/tank

I think a kamakazee guy was accused of killing himself 13 times; those were presumably 13 points that the other team didn't get in TDM.

DireStr8s

That makes sense about suicides, What I don't get is why In the first game against kami, they repeatedly killed one another. Then they played normal for the rest of the match. Just goofing off in a clan match, I guess?

Steroyd

nickslicl said:
That makes sense about suicides, What I don't get is why In the first game against kami, they repeatedly killed one another. Then they played normal for the rest of the match. Just goofing off in a clan match, I guess?

The first map is always a lag test, to see if anyone has connection issues, which is why you don't show your moves.

Not that we have any to show. >_>

methane47

nickslicl said:

The first match was a lag test. it didn't count.

Incognito, please fix the freezing issue with your game. It makes me want to cry. Thank you.

- Jack

EDIT: Holy shit, it happened twice, again! I was going after my Bandit 4x4 award, too, so my K:D ratio was negative the entire round. Too losses and a lowered K:D is all I have to show for it. I need some time to cool down.

carlos

Sorry Icechai, PS3 froze up on me; I'm calling it quits (wtf am I doing playing at 3am). Sorry about my little nervous breakdown, I been having the worst luck today finding decent teammates (this doesn't apply to you, of course).

HEY!, HEY YOU! YEAH YOU, THE ONE READING THIS THREAD! READ BELOW!

*Volunteers needed for this sunday at 4, 6:30 and 8pm est*

Don't make me email you!

Kazenone

carlos said:
HEY!, HEY YOU! YEAH YOU, THE ONE READING THIS THREAD! READ BELOW!

*Volunteers needed for this sunday at 4, 6:30 and 8pm est*

Don't make me email you!

I will volunteer for the game at 4PM EST on Sunday 9th March.

Ceb

I've already noted that, nohne. :D

So far we have:

me
burnfout
nohne
ChryZ
carlos
Sea_Manky

Only six people at the moment. Need more volunteers!

Top Bottom