• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

ChryZ

CSSer said:
"Add me to the list, I'll be on the bench! Go bench! >___>"
Is that some kind of weird regional saying? I'm lost in translation, but if you want to call the warhawk's pilot seat a bench, then fine ... whatever floats your boat :p

icechai

carlos said:
Sorry Icechai, PS3 froze up on me; I'm calling it quits (wtf am I doing playing at 3am). Sorry about my little nervous breakdown, I been having the worst luck today finding decent teammates (this doesn't apply to you, of course).

HEY!, HEY YOU! YEAH YOU, THE ONE READING THIS THREAD! READ BELOW!

*Volunteers needed for this sunday at 4, 6:30 and 8pm est*

Don't make me email you!

Heh somehow the teams evened out and then Escalation joined and we dominated for a bit. When playing at 4am I don't really talk so I think you might have just heard blips from me :p

One interesting thing to note is how much decently used turrets can really change the flow of the game. We had a breakdown after dominating the bases on Eucadia and suddenly the map was filled with the other team's warhawks. Got into a turret and had a huge streak of killing Warhawks flying by, coming to kill me, tanks driving up, and grenading/shooting other people trying to get me. By the time they paid attention to the rest of our team, we had the map in control :)

methane47

Phantast2k said:
So who parked that Warhawk inside a building? :lol

Or is that a known bug?

Edit: oh snap thats Destroyed Capital :lol .. looks like a bug to me.. not an exploit.. it would be a bad bad idea to willfully go inside the north/south towers with a warhawk.. thats just asking to get a mine in the butt

Anyways I'm available on Sunday

carlos

volunteers needed for the 630 and 8pm games;

so far we have

Sea Manky
Nickslicl
Methane47
Carlos

We need 6 more for DC, and 4 more for -TE-

C'mon guys, I know we've lost some games, but that's no reason to be discouraged...
Weren't we pissed about how no one would challenge us? Now we have challenges and no one to play :(

carlos

Tokers clan just got back to me, Saturday at 4pm est it is.
it's 4 vs 4

so far it's:

Manky
Chryz
Carlos

I'm sure we can get another volunteer, but
****I won't be submitting the challenge until someone posts here and confirms it.****

Oh and for those who say that they're available on Sunday, plase specify if you're volunteering for the 4pm match only, or if you can stick around for the later games.

edit:
Steroyd:FFS!?

what does that mean?

and burnfout, thanks for clarifying your availability; I didn't know you were in Europe.

Ceb

I can make it for the Tokers match, but I've played so much recently that someone else should get the chance.

carlos

Ceb, no problem, with you at least we have enough to accept the match.

If other people show up later, then you can give your spot up.

edit: yeah nickslicl, I've got you down

Now where's everyone else? :(

Ceb

Yeah, come on Steroyd, we already said we weren't gonna do match sign-ups that way. :p

Btw, I just got my headset. Although... dear god, I'm reminded that I can't stand to hear my own voice. You'll have to wait some more for that. :p

User 406

Banned
Well, I for one, will continue to explicitly volunteer for matches just in case real life intrudes and I happen to be in a situation where I can't reply, say, COMPUTER OR INTERNET PROBLEMS. :p

Speaking of which, I'm not sure if one of the tournaments I'm in Saturday is even going to happen, or which bracket I'll be in. I think the 4pm EST slot will be okay for me, but it's possible I might not make it if they decide to tell me when my bracket starts sometime in the next 24 hours. Most likely it's not happening, but I just wanted to be clear. At least there's enough volunteers for it now that if I need to ditch, we'll be covered.

carlos

Duly noted, Manky.

Btw, yet another clan challenge has arrived for this Wednesday the 12th at 6pm (Special victims unit is the challenging clan).

Volunteers DON'T sound off yet, let's get the weekend matches resolved first.

quick summary:

Vs Tokers: 4vs4

manky
carlos
chryz
steroyd
ceb
jaeyden
F-pina

Vs Damage Control: 10vs10

manky
carlos
nickslicl
steroyd
methane47
escalation
mintylurb
jaeyden
greyman
the marquis (ttob)

Vs Team Elite: 8vs8

manky
carlos
nickslicl
steroyd
methane47
escalation
pancakesandsex
mintylurb
the marquis (ttob)

(I'll edit this list as necessary)

Ceb

Reposting my list for the match against /7 as well (which we still need more volunteers for, btw).

8vs8

Arkestra
burnfout
nohne
ChryZ-US
carlos
Sea_Manky
PlayerBeyond
Steroyd
methane47

carlos

Am I right to assume that Mintylurb, Icechai, CSSer and Jaeyden aren't available for the 630/8pm sunday games?

Btw, JB1981 and Jack Scofield, register at Gamebattles.com and let us know so we can send you an invite if you want to play on Sunday.

edit:pancakesandsex volunteered for the 8pm game, the list has been updated
edit2: thanks mintylurb, I'll pencil you in for both
edit3: thank you kindly, jaeyden; added to DC

Jaeyden

I have something tentatively scheduled from around 1:00 P.M MST till 3:00 P.M. MST on Sunday. It will not happen if the weather does not permit. So if it's anything like today (freezing) I'll be around to play.

Edit: Put me on the DC 10 v10 list for now.

icechai

carlos said:
Am I right to assume that Mintylurb, Icechai, CSSer and Jaeyden aren't available for the 630/8pm sunday games?

Btw, JB1981 and Jack Scofield, register at Gamebattles.com and let us know so we can send you an invite if you want to play on Sunday.

edit:pancakesandsex volunteered for the 8pm game, the list has been updated
edit2: thanks mintylurb, I'll pencil you in for both
edit3: thank you kindly, jaeyden; added to DC

yeah, dinner time with the lady (she hates it when I play Warhawk) :p

Grayman

I don't have time to read down the whole page right now. How long are the clan battles, i can make the 6:30, not sure about 8:00 depends on how long it will be.
Long story short, we need volunteers for a couple of clan battles on Sunday at 6:30pm and 8:00pm (Eastern time).

This message is targeted particularly at some of the faces not seen in the official thread too often lately:

carlos

Grayman said:
I don't have time to read down the whole page right now. How long are the clan battles, i can make the 6:30, not sure about 8:00 depends on how long it will be.

At the very most, assuming we have to play 3 games and they all last the full 30 minutes (extremely unlikely), we'd be done with the 6:30 game by 8.

The 8pm at the most, would also take 1 and a half hours (but will likely be just over an hour.

I'll pencil you in for the 630 pm game only, for now.

carlos said:

Alright, I signed up there under "JackScofield". What other info do you need?

I probably won't be able to make it on Sunday, despite my earlier claim, but I look forward to playing in future clan battles with you guys. :)

Grayman

carlos said:
At the very most, assuming we have to play 3 games and they all last the full 30 minutes (extremely unlikely), we'd be done with the 6:30 game by 8.

The 8pm at the most, would also take 1 and a half hours (but will likely be just over an hour.

I'll pencil you in for the 630 pm game only, for now.
Ok just point me to the info about the match. I'd like to train with some people tomorrow in the right modes if we can get together.

the 8EST game is getting into dinner time PST and i live at home so I don't want to commit. Stealing the tv mid afternoon is hard enough.

F-Pina

Hey ppl.
I just received an email regarding the matches this weekend. Just to say that even if i don't post very often that doesn't mean i am not following the thread.

I cannot play this sunday or any other one if the time of play is always around 6 or 8 pm. I play football (soccer, for those americans out there) every sunday around these hours. We use professional equipment and rules and have ratings for all teams etc. So, as much as i love Warhwak, no other videogame beats playing on a real field (yet).

I can always cheer for the team :D

PS: count me in for today.

carlos

Greyman, here's the 630 match info:

Opponent:Damage Control

Date:Sun 9 Mar 2008

Time 6:30 PM EDT
Match Settings
Games (Best of...)3

MapsRandom maps generated at time of acceptance

Players10v10

Room Name*DC* Vs GAF

Password:rematch

Score Limit (Team Deathmatch)300

Friendly Fire100% (On)

woooo sunday at 8 wooo

(im still alive! but musou has consumed my soul)

Since you guys have been sending emails out about matched, i've been neglecting the thread when i wasnt planning on playing. I'll pop in more often though.

carlos

Jack Scofield said:
Alright, I signed up there under "JackScofield". What other info do you need?

Steroyd, the rest is up to you.

Btw, F-Pina, Greyman, Icechai, and the others who have declined playing on Sunday; It's fine, we don't want the game interfering with real life plans/dinnertime/etc.

If you're available to play, that's great; if not, you don't have to make time for it, this isn't a serious issue.

What I mean to say is, don't forget that the object of clan matches is to have some fun and play together. If it gets to the point where it seems more like an obligation, then we've gone too far.

Anyway we still need a couple more people for the 630 game, and one more for the 8pm one, (I'd like to have at least one alternate before accepting).

Ceb

Hey, I just noticed Tokers has lost two games recently, which has put them below us on the clan ladder. Does this mean we have to host?

carlos

Nah, don't worry I noticed that too, but they said they would still host.

And in other clan news, clan PP (players pride), one of the teams I had challenged, disbanded and most of it's good members ended up with the blue x angels.
The rich get richer, I suppose....

F-Pina

Don't worry Carlos, i know its not a serious business to not be able to play.
I was just replying directly to the email i got just to make sure i make a stand that i would really want to play if i could.
I do think its important to answer if you are able to play but i don't think its necessary to post every time there is a game saying you can't.

In any case, thanks for the reply.

deepbrown

Steroyd said:
You're not in the clan?
Hey Steroyd! I hope you are suitably relaxed now...though i think some of my kills might have pissed you off :p Swooping down in a warhawk to topple over a jeep flag carrier is fun, and I hate watching retards follow them in warhawks! I was a dick with my TOW though, blowing us both up >_< lol

Anyway we'll do it again sometime!

Are you guys doing prematches before your official clan match? If so...what time...and can i play? :(

ps. What happened in that dogfight game? It started again after the pre-game, and then i couldn't play...it just kinda said "warning zone" n killed me everytime i tried to enter.

DireStr8s

Who loves the sun?
Who cares that it makes flowers?
Who cares what it does
since you broke my heart?

bah bah ba baah

Who loves the Sun?

sorry...popped in my head...

Top Bottom