• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

mintylurb

Ceb said:
People need to make a habit of checking Gamebattles more often. Not singling you out, Steroyd.

EDIT:

Also, a reminder that the match against /7 is 5 hours from now.

The lineup so far... wouldn't mind a few more volunteers just in case.

Arkestra
burnfout
nohne
ChryZ-US
carlos
Sea_Manky
PlayerBeyond (lulz)
Steroyd
methane47
Escalation

haha good luck.

carlos

nickslicl said:
Is there a 6:30 match w/ Damage Control? Still listed as a challenge on the website.

I've just now sent a message to them to see if they can knock it down from 10vs10 to 8vs8. (I'd feel more confident with our volunteer numbers)

deepbrown

Battles were fun today...Chryz, Steroyd, Burnfont :) Sorry I wasn't talking - I find it hard hearing americans even though I'm type 2...so i didnt bother to put my headset on.

Oh and Steroyd cheers for picking me up in a Warhawk and then landing us on a minefield :lol

Steroyd

deepbrown said:
Oh and Steroyd cheers for picking me up in a Warhawk and then landing us on a minefield :lol

Yeah er... I thought where I landed was far enough from where they'd place the mines... guess I was wrong. :lol

And when that clan started joining the other team, I didn't have a chance in hell getting the flag half as far as I did before.

Taking off the teamkilling sucks, there was a Zones match in Archipelago, I was trying to shrink their base, only to get my ass turret missiled while 2 or 3 of their team was trying to flamethrower me, should have been multiple teamkills rather than just me. :/

Ceb said:
People need to make a habit of checking Gamebattles more often. Not singling you out, Steroyd.

My only viable option is to browse the website through my PSP (my PC hangs every 5 seconds...whoops there it goes again), which isn't helpful at all when I'm recieving PM's on the site.

deepbrown

Steroyd said:
Yeah er... I thought where I landed was far enough from where they'd place the mines... guess I was wrong. :lol

And when that clan started joining the other team, I didn't have a chance in hell getting the flag half as far as I did before.

Taking off the teamkilling sucks, there was a Zones match in Archipelago, I was trying to shrink their base, only to get my ass turret missiled while 2 or 3 of their team was trying to flamethrower me, should have been multiple teamkills rather than just me. :/

Well you should always park around the back...then i can get the binoculars and kill anyone that's there, and all the mines around the flag...then we can get the thing. Was only a minute left anyway :p Still, it's all about the stats. :D

On another note, I hate people stealing Warhawks from me...then they let me get in with them...and then they fly straight into a fucking airmine. I wish they'd just let me fly, the retards >_<

I need to get that stupid 4x4 medal! But I can't be bothered to get 5 jeep kills....fucking wasting my time!

Ceb

Steroyd said:

Indeed. It messes up my tank game from time to time as well, because I occasionally forget that TK is on in a lot of other servers.

Have you tried running CWShredder on your computer?

Steroyd

Heh I had a similar problem, a guy got in a Warhawk before me, then he started flying everywhere, I was sitting in the Warhawk for a whole minute and a half watching him dodge missiles.

Eventually let me off near the flag, but still.... INSTANT TRANSPORT DAMNIT. >_<

I have 2 questions...

1)Does the password on Gamebattles require the use of numbers.
2)What's CW shredder... awe hell I'll just google it.

User 406

Banned
Hey, at least your guy managed to dodge the missiles and land safely. Normally when I get in with someone I don't know, they take off SLOOOOOWLY, then they spaz out on the canned maneuver stick for a while even though nobody is shooting at them. After that, they're lost, so while they're trying to figure out where they are and where to go, someone dives in with a homing missile and kills us both. :|

And I tend to avoid official servers now because of the FF off. It really does make you slack off on checking your fire.

deepbrown

Sea Manky said:
Hey, at least your guy managed to dodge the missiles and land safely. Normally when I get in with someone I don't know, they take off SLOOOOOWLY, then they spaz out on the canned maneuver stick for a while even though nobody is shooting at them. After that, they're lost, so while they're trying to figure out where they are and where to go, someone dives in with a homing missile and kills us both. :|

And I tend to avoid official servers now because of the FF off. It really does make you slack off on checking your fire.
I hatttte stupid fucking people. And I hate it when they steal the mines I'm about to pick up and put them in STUPID places that the enemy is not going to go too, AND puts them all next to each other...like they're thinking "Wow I've got mines, lalala I'm gonna put them everywhere". Dumb asses.

Or stealing the binoculars and not knowing how to use them at all....just keeping them in their inventory, until they are killed and the enemy bloody picks them up. Pandas >_<

carlos

*NOTICE*
the match against DC (630pm) has been cancelled

well, postponed until next sunday (4pm); seems they were having a few issues as well as to whether all their members could make it.

So thanks to those who volunteered, and hopefully we can count on your cooperation next weekend.

The 8pm match tonight is still on, don't forget!

deepbrown

burnfout said:
Why are you not on the GAF team deepbrown? :)
Cause I'm the B3d clan leader :) You know where all the techies and dev talk about grown up stuff :D Sadly they like to talk more than they like to play, and my best player (Jaeyden) has joined you folks....my second best player - Scarecrow is actually a Ninja Theory friend...and he's amazing. Still...thinking of calling it day with them. In fact I'm going to type them an ultimatum right now >_<

Thanks for the compliment though...I was burning out towards the last few games....having stupid 1.00 k/d ratios...which isn't good enough! I usually aim for 4.00k/d Anyways...my Warhawk skils aren't great, but my ground combat is among the best I'd say :D

Steroyd

WarhawkMapArchipelago.png

CTF Middle Base, Zones... we're fucked.

WarhawkMapBadlands.png

Ceb

methane47 said:
Hold up a second... Daylight savings time has gone into effect today for me... so how many hours from now is the match?

Sucks that you missed the match against /7. Nice to win for once. :D

ChryZ

deepbrown said:
Sadly they like to talk more than they like to play, and my best player (Jaeyden) has joined you folks....my second best player - Scarecrow is actually a Ninja Theory friend...and he's amazing.
Scarecrow, eh?

methane47

Ceb said:
Sucks that you missed the match against /7. Nice to win for once. :D

Man I'm so confused with the time... Now... My internal clock is TOTALLY screwed..

I'm just gonna go on mibbit right now... so i dont miss anything

carlos

Agent X said:
I'd like to participate in the 8 PM match tonight.

No problem, I'll gladly mix up the lineup so that our guys who have played less can get in; just try to get on at mibbit.com half an hour before game time.

1 hour 40 minutes till game time, btw everybody

I swear, this game hates me. It seems to freeze way more often than it used to, like once every other game now. Incredibly frustrating. Add that to the fact that I'm trying to get the 4x4 award, which is very hard when people are bouncing every which way because of lag, and you've got one grumpy person (me).

mintylurb

Jack Scofield said:
I swear, this game hates me. It seems to freeze way more often than it used to, like once every other game now. Incredibly frustrating. Add that to the fact that I'm trying to get the 4x4 award, which is very hard when people are bouncing every which way because of lag, and you've got one grumpy person (me).
I just crashed as well. ;< it's gotten to the pointed where I'm surprised when the game doesn't crash..;/

Steroyd

Default game mode settings

Settings

1. The following settings will be used for all GameBattles matches, unless otherwise specified in the Challenge.

* Room Type : Player-Made Room
* Round Timer : 20 Minutes
* Spawn Delay : 5 Seconds
* Start Delay : 5 Seconds
* Balance Teams : Unchecked
* Fly with Flag : Unchecked
* Return Time : 20 Seconds
* Enable Voice : Checked
* Allow Team Switch: Checked
* Randomize Teams : Unchecked
* Allow Split Screen : Unchecked
* Split Same Team : Unchecked
* Intermission Time : 30 Seconds

We've been bullshitted.

deepbrown

Steroyd said:
?

Ah screw it I won't see your reply till tomorow.

zzzzZZZZZzzz
stuoid unfun time on wh. Playing with stupid people...getting angry so I t/k them, I get kicked >_< lol I see you and jaeyden online in wh but you're just staying on the homepage...for what seems like an hour - - playing little games waiting for you to maybe join me, or join a game I can join. Nothing. It's now 2 am and I'm stressed >_<

User 406

Banned
Arrrgh, that last CTF was frustrating, we opened well, then half our team turned into base campers. I felt like a one-armed paperhanger with an itchy nose. >:|

icechai

Sea Manky said:
Arrrgh, that last CTF was frustrating, we opened well, then half our team turned into base campers. I felt like a one-armed paperhanger with an itchy nose. >:|

it did feel like there were no active players except for the GAF people on our team :(

Top Bottom