• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Finally got my Bandit 4x4 award! I was pissed at first, though, since there was no in-game confirmation that I had gotten it, and it wasn't immediately listed on my stats page. As luck would have it, at the end of the match I was only five points away from the rank advancement that requires Bandit 4x4. :lol Now, just as long as no more ranks require Master or Warhawk 4x4, I should be good.

And another day of Warhawk, another day of console lock-ups and controller disconnects. It's all good, though. I'll still keep coming back for more.

Ceb

ChryZ said:
What happened with that "TeamElite" match? Something fishy?

First, they put up a clan server, not a regular player ditto. They also had their own settings for the server, including instant spawns (which is clearly against the rules).

carlos

Here's the reply from the Team Elite leader:

"Hey Carlos. I do have to say that there was no respawn time. I set it to zero. As far as the match is, I did the timing right. I am new to GB's and honestly, I am not aware of the spawn time. I truly am sorry for the inconvienence it caused your team and frustration. Let me know what I can do to correct this situtation if it goes further. I want to play fair games and had nothing but good reps from everyone we had played thus far. Thank you for letting me know.
-Edward"

It does seem to be an honest mistake...perhaps if you guys hadn't gotten so blown out, we could've made a bigger deal of this, but 3-0 and 5000-500 doesn't help our cause much.

Btw, I'm available for Saturday as usual; and remember we have a Sunday match at 4pm, so people can start volunterring for that as well.

Edit: there's also a new challenge from blackops killers this saturday at 8pm (6vs6) so we need volunteers for that one as well.

carlos

burnfout said:
can we please keep mentioning timezones ( GMT?), I have no idea what times you guys are talking about :(

From now on, whenever you see me talking about the time of a match, ALWAYS assume it's EDT if I don't specify it.
(I just got tired of writing it over and over)

edit: correct burnfout, gmt is 4 ahead of edt

methane47

carlos said:
It does seem to be an honest mistake...perhaps if you guys hadn't gotten so blown out, we could've made a bigger deal of this, but 3-0 and 5000-500 doesn't help our cuase much.

ouch!!

I know i didn't play my best.... My bad team..

carlos

methane47 said:
ouch!!

I know i didn't play my best.... My bad team..

lol, I didn't mean to insult anybody, after all, ALL OF US been part of teams that have been blown out by other clans.

But it's not like they were respawning instantly, while you guys had to wait 5 seconds. The conditions were the same for both teams, and looking to get that loss off our record is like trying to get a confessed murderer out of jail on a technicality.

methane47

carlos said:
lol, I didn't mean to insult anybody, after all, ALL OF US been part of teams that have been blown out by other clans.

But it's not like they were respawning instantly, while you guys had to wait 5 seconds. The conditions were the same for both teams, and looking to get that loss off our record is like trying to get a confessed murderer out of jail on a technicality.

Yeah.. well I know I didn't play my best because I really wasn't even into the game that much....

Besides that.. there was no communication on our part.. For the first game.. Game started ... and there were a bunch of people left in the starting base... including me.. and I was standing next to a warhawk.. that nobody had taken yet (this was like a minute into the game) and I was just waiting for someone to take it so i could bum a ride... I was really zoned out of this game... And then... No one was taking the jeeps out of the base..... Then that same warhawk that wasn't being used by us.. got taken..by the other team..

I know I wasn't playing well that match at all... Cuz I was just out of it.... But I dont think anyone really played well those games.. on our team... The Zones game.. We started off ok.. but there was still no communication so..yeah..

Kazenone

Ok you guys are cursed. Yesterday after the /7 match I was chatting about my current TV setup whilst contemplating getting a new one and what happens today? My TV breaks! It's like you guys willed it to break.

Anyway, I will be out of action for a few days until the new TV gets here, sorry!

mintylurb

carlos said:

It's easy for you to say we weren't doing shit but believe me, the matches were over before we knew what hit us. TE tailored that match's game setting to their fullest advantage and since I don't think this match was the first time they hosted, I'm pretty sure they knew exactly what game battles rules are. It's just too bad we didn't notice their shenanigans a bit earlier.

With that said, I personally don't think we would've won even if we played by the rules but the scores would've been a lot closer and the match would've been a lot more enjoyable.

Anyway, good game guys. I know we lost but it's fun playing with you guys. Too bad I didn't get any chance to TK teepochan ;<

methane47

mintylurb said:
It's easy for you to say we weren't doing shit but believe me, the matches were over before we knew what hit us. TE tailored that match's game setting to their fullest advantage and since I don't think this match was the first time they hosted, I'm pretty sure they knew exactly what game battles rules are. It's just too bad we didn't notice their shenanigans a bit earlier.

With that said, I personally don't think we would've won even if we played by the rules but the scores would've been a lot closer and the match would've been a lot more enjoyable.

Anyway, good game guys. I know we lost but it's fun playing with you guys. Too bad I didn't get any chance to TK teepochan ;<

I think it was teepo that tk'd me a couple times.. For the Zones match I jumped in a plane and went to the bridge to take out people that were taking it.. And I was circle strafing around a tank.. and there were NO enemy ships around... All of a sudden.. I'm getting shot by flak cannons.. I'm like CRAP.. So I fire off the last rockets i had and killed the tank and tried to land as fast as possible... But I blew up before I could jump out of the plane.. and when the camera pointed towrads my killer.. I saw teepo in the flak cannon on the bridge.. ANd i'm like.. WTF? lol... he got me a couple other times.. but that time was the one WTF moment.. the others could have been accidents lol

mintylurb

methane47 said:
I think it was teepo that tk'd me a couple times.. For the Zones match I jumped in a plane and went to the bridge to take out people that were taking it.. And I was circle strafing around a tank.. and there were NO enemy ships around... All of a sudden.. I'm getting shot by flak cannons.. I'm like CRAP.. So I fire off the last rockets i had and killed the tank and tried to land as fast as possible... But I blew up before I could jump out of the plane.. and when the camera pointed towrads my killer.. I saw teepo in the flak cannon on the bridge.. ANd i'm like.. WTF? lol... he got me a couple other times.. but that time was the one WTF moment.. the others could have been accidents lol
If you have burnout paradise, you can take your revenge by taking him down and hear him cry. We can double team him! ;>

JoeBroni

Neo Member
I just threw up a test 24-man server. !gaf, no password. I'm not sure if my firewall situation will allow others to join, so if it won't let you in PM so I know people are having issues.

If this works out I will be able to host one (or so ) night a week.

carlos

Great, I'll try to get on in a couple of minutes.

edit: everything worked fine on my end (no noticeable lag), the only complaint I have is with my own bad TOW aim :p

well, that and the lack of people who were in the server (monday is not a good WH day, apparently)

sorry direstr8s about having to leave without waiting to see if more people showed up, I have some non-WH stuff to do :(

I would've liked to see you in the server, Joebroni; maybe next time :) (I could've used your help against direstr8s and his merry band of random people)

Jaeyden

It does seem to be an honest mistake...perhaps if you guys hadn't gotten so blown out, we could've made a bigger deal of this, but 3-0 and 5000-500 doesn't help our cuase much.

There's a huge advantage to instant respawns...especially if you're prepared for it. With instant respawns, if you know what you're doing you can sit back and wait to spawn at locations that the other team is trying to take. With 5 second respawns, you're usually trying to get back into the game asap because someone can take a zone out from underneath you while you're trying to get back in. Look, if you guys had know you were getting instant respawns prior to the match, you could have adjusted some strategies...I.E assigning someone to sit back and watch the map, spawn at a zone under attack, defend it, then hide and watch the map until another zone is under attack, then suicide and respawn at the next location. Don't let them get away with this bullshit. The reason for the blow out is probably because they really did have a huge advantage going into that match.

carlos

Jaeyden said:
There's a huge advantage to instant respawns...especially if you're prepared for it. With instant respawns, if you know what you're doing you can sit back and wait to spawn at locations that the other team is trying to take. With 5 second respawns, you're usually trying to get back into the game asap because someone can take a zone out from underneath you while you're trying to get back in. Look, if you guys had know you were getting instant respawns prior to the match, you could have adjusted some strategies...I.E assigning someone to sit back and watch the map, spawn at a zone under attack, defend it, then hide and watch the map until another zone is under attack, then suicide and respawn at the next location. Don't let them get away with this bullshit. The reason for the blow out is probably because they really did have a huge advantage going into that match.

Well, the instant respawn is pretty quickly noticed as soon as you die, there's no reason why some COMMUNICATION when the game was still in its infancy could've negated at least some of their advantage.

You also hit upon our biggest weakness (aside from lack of communication), we still have no strategy, nothing at all! we pretty much wing it every time (this also is due to us not knowing which variation of the map will be used).

I'm sure we'd do better if we hosted and chose the maps once in a while.

If this match is going to keep being an issue, then by all means, let's have a rematch as soon as possible; we'll stack the roster and try to win with the standard rules. You guys just tell me when you want it.

methane47

JoeBroni said:
I just threw up a test 24-man server. !gaf, no password. I'm not sure if my firewall situation will allow others to join, so if it won't let you in PM so I know people are having issues.

If this works out I will be able to host one (or so ) night a week.

works for me!!!!!

Two questions that I should probably know the answers to:

1. When the game kicks you back to the main screen and says "Server Disconnect", did everyone who was playing in that server also get kicked, or did something go wrong on my end, and I'm the only person to get kicked?

2. Do you have to HOLD L3 to talk? No one ever answered me when I spoke in Warhawk games, even though I was pressing L3. Just now, however, I decided to hold it, and lo and behold, people answered. I could swear that the manual said that the game automatically turns off the mic when you've finished speaking, but apparently not?

Thanks, guys.

methane47

Jack Scofield said:
Two questions that I should probably know the answers to:

1. When the game kicks you back to the main screen and says "Server Disconnect", did everyone who was playing in that server also get kicked, or did something go wrong on my end, and I'm the only person to get kicked?

2. Do you have to HOLD L3 to talk? No one ever answered me when I spoke in Warhawk games, even though I was pressing L3. Just now, however, I decided to hold it, and lo and behold, people answered. I could swear that the manual said that the game automatically turns off the mic when you've finished speaking, but apparently not?

Thanks, guys.

1. Yes

2, Yes

methane47 said:
1. Yes

2, Yes

For your first answer, you meant that everyone gets kicked, right? Your answer can be interpreted in two ways. :D

And I feel so stupid about the talk button. Learn something new everyday, I guess.

JoeBroni

Neo Member
Okay, thanks everyone for helping test.

I'm taking the server down now, as aside from the end of round kick it seemed okay (anyone know what might be causing that?).

I'll be putting it up this Wednesday night from 7PM CST until around 10PM CST (at least, if people are playing I can leave it up longer) if anyone wants to get on and play. PM me map/game mode/layout requests for the playlist.

Oh man, those were some intense games. I only wish that all matches were that fun. Aside from the relentless inane chatter on the Eucadian team, everything was great. Not one team dominated; the two teams were, for most part, only a few hundred points apart.

methane47

Yes they were good games... I feel like i was getting some of my skill back.. Orange Box seemed to have drained alot of it away.. Anyways Good games over all.. But after you left it was a destroyed cap game... And Like 5-8 people left my team... it was annoying as hell playing 10v16 .... it was pretty unfair.

ChryZ

deepbrown said:
Nevermind. *sigh*
1180394534802.jpg

Ask Steroyd for a clan invite, sign up as free agent at GB, inform carlos/Steroyd/Sea_Manky/Ceb and they're going to send you a GB invite.

deepbrown

ChryZ said:
1180394534802.jpg

Ask Steroyd for a clan invite, sign up as free agent at GB, inform carlos/Steroyd/Sea_Manky/Ceb and they're going to send you a GB invite.
Is that guy meant to be me, and that girl meant to be Gaf?

:(

What's GB?

ChryZ

deepbrown said:
Is that guy meant to be me, and that girl meant to be Gaf?

:(

What's GB?
You're such a drama queen, I was just kidding :lol

GB = gamebattles, it's a site for match making with other clans including ranking, ladder and win/lose tracking. All the recent talk in this thread is about it. It's not mandatory, if you're not interested in competitive gaming.

Top Bottom