• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Steroyd

Okay I am getting PM'd on GB like fuck. @_@

ANOTHER clan wants to challenge us, I was thinking at around Friday 7PM EST (11PM GMT)?

Or maybe I can get the 10v10 match at 1PM EST, and then the other clan 8v8 at 6PM EST on Saturday?

And we have another challenge on Sunday.

deepbrown

ChryZ said:
You're such a drama queen, I was just kidding :lol

GB = gamebattles, it's a site for match making with other clans including ranking, ladder and win/lose tracking. All the recent talk in this thread is about it. It's not mandatory, if you're not interested in competitive gaming.
And ineed to join that to be in the clan? And to take part in clan battles?

Steroyd

Saturday
2 Clan Matches

Not Officially Challenged
Clan:?
Size: 10v10
Times: 1PM - 3:30PM EST or 6PM - 9:30 EST
Volunteers: Steroyd, Methane, Sea_Manky, Chryz, Ceb(maybe), mintylurb

Clan:BOK
Size: 6v6 or 8v8
Times: N/A
Volunteers: Steroyd, Chryz, Ceb(Maybe), Sea_Manky, mintylurb, Methane

Sunday
2 Clan Matches

Officially Challenged
Clan: Black0ps_Killers
Size: 6v6
Times: 12AM GMT
Volunteers: Steroyd(Maybe), Sea_Manky, mintylurb, Methane

Officially Challenged
Clan: Damage control
Size: 8v8
Times: 8PM GMT
Volunteers: Steroyd, Ceb, Chryz, Sea_Manky. mintylurb, Methane

There we go a format where I can keep track.

Ceb

You can chalk me up as a "maybe" for the games on Sat.

I'm gonna host a dogfighting practice server on !GAF later today, probably from 4:30-7PM EDT. I think this could be a good idea since we need to get better in the air in general and since some of us are more used to stay on the ground.

As long as we don't get Sea_Manky, carlos, CSSer and Escalation all on the same team, the lineup should be even enough for some good, competitive practice.

ChryZ

Ceb said:
I'm gonna host a dogfighting practice server on !GAF later today, probably from 4:30-7PM EDT. It'll be unranked, so you don't have to be afraid of getting shot down and ruining your stats. I think this could be a good idea since we need to get better in the air in general and since some of us are more used to stay on the ground.
Sounds great, I'll be there.

User 406

Banned
Steroyd, put me down as available for all those.

Ceb, if you're going to make it unranked, turn off team balancing so those of us who want to give missile dodging tips or advice can switch teams and communicate with everyone.

Ceb

DenogginizerOS said:
Is GAF South still in action? I want to play this game more but I can't find anyone to play with. :(

All region-based clans have been consolidated into one big clan: GAF U. Talk to Steroyd if you want to join. It would be fun to see you there!

mintylurb

Steroyd said:
Saturday
2 Clan Matches

Clan:?
Size: 10v10
Times: 1PM - 3:30PM EST or 6PM - 9:30 EST
Volunteers: Steroyd, Methane, Sea_Manky, Chryz, Ceb(maybe)

Clan:BOK
Size: 6v6 or 8v8
Times: N/A
Volunteers: Steroyd, Chryz, Ceb(Maybe), Sea_Manky

Sunday
2 Clan Matches

Officially Challenged
Clan: Black0ps_Killers
Size: 6v6
Times: 12AM GMT
Volunteers: Steroyd(Maybe), Sea_Manky

Officially Challenged
Clan: Damage control
Size: 8v8
Times: 8PM GMT
Volunteers: Steroyd, Ceb, Chryz, Sea_Manky

There we go a format where I can keep track.
12am gmt? grand master time? ;d Anyway, I'll be around for these sat and sun games.

carlos

challenge from special victims unit friday at 7pm edt (11pm gmt) 10 vs 10.

for those not on grand master time, notice that the blackops kileers challenge is actually saturday at 8pm edt, not sunday

volunteering for ALL matches friday-sunday

Ceb

7pm EDT? I think I could do that.

I think I'll make tonight's dogfight server a ranked one after all, to promote competition.

EDIT: Oh, I guess I'm a "maybe" for the match against BOK then too.

methane47

Oh and someone PM yixian!! Get him set up in the clan or what not..

I dont know how he plays now.. but a couple months back.. he was deadly in the sky... He had Manky like ability in the air.

User 406

Banned
I can also make Friday if needed.

Also, captains, use the mailing list to ask for volunteers, you should get a lot more responses that way since not everyone checks the thread.

Steroyd

Sea Manky said:
I can also make Friday if needed.

Also, captains, use the mailing list to ask for volunteers, you should get a lot more responses that way since not everyone checks the thread.

Mailing list? o_O

Wait I'm leader I can just post a message.

User 406

Banned
Steroyd said:
Mailing list? o_O

Wait I'm leader I can just post a message.

Yeah, you know, the list of email addresses I sent out to you and the other captains a little while back? The one I was using every time I called for volunteers? :p

And I think even less people look at the clan messages than check this thread. :p

Steroyd

Sea Manky said:
Yeah, you know, the list of email addresses I sent out to you and the other captains a little while back? The one I was using every time I called for volunteers? :p

Oh no you di'int.

Unless you e-mailed me the list, in that case... I lost it. :x

carlos

weird, got a "servers not responding error";

after resetting the router it works again, though.

Hey ceb, can you kick a non gaf so Ican get back in?

edit: ok, back in

Good times, though that CTF match was over so quickly I hardly got to see any action. :D

There was a lot of team-killing. Not sure if it was intentional or not.

ChryZ

Good games, Well, except that second dogflight TDM, where I had to play with "team idiot" against the GAF all-stars :mad:

Mix it up a little, guys. Dominating is nice and all ... but it's not a good training.

carlos

nice games, but I would've liked it better if some gaf person was on my side ;p

don't forget !gaf goes up again tomorrow at 7cst :)

oh, and this: "Dominating is nice and all ... but it's not a good training."

methane47

38 neg points in that last game :(
(but i still ended up with like 30 points :lol)

I was in a jeep shooting at an enemy that was attacking our flag carrier... I killed the guy.. but as I killed him.. the flag carrier and another guy drove by in a clearly damaged tank.. less than a second of shooting.. and boom.. bye bye flag carrier and tank

Funny thing is.. i wasn't the only one with crazy neg points.. One other gaffer.. I remember having to kill our flag carrier because at the end of the match.. he apparently was running up the field into battle with the flag LOL.. I saw a gaffer jump out of his plane and kill him lol!

oh, and this: "Dominating is nice and all ... but it's not a good training."

Very true... Thats why I thought the Destroyed Capital TDM dogfight was good training for me... annoying as hell but good training... Cuz even though the teams were even numbers... Blue team had like 6-7 guys with 10+ kills.. Red team had 2-4 guys with 10+ kills..

So I think my flight skills were definitely tried and tested in that match..... well.. my evasion skills atleast.. Not only did I have to dodge Carlos's Swarms.. i had to dodge Chryz's Homing missles... + mines everywhere on the map... plus 4 other competent pilots to dodge... And I think I did pretty well under the circumstances.. And I learned alot..

I noticed that depending The distance the missle is from you it changes how long you have to do the swoops to avoid them.. Further away = larger swoops... Closer.. short fast swoops

burnfout

The last CTF sucked monkey balls.

I loved the dogfights though, had some awesome air battles.

Too bad I had a lot of weird sudden suicides.

carlos

Yeah methane, you've improved a lot in the air;

if manky, methane, csser, minty, jaeyden and myself go up in the air, I like our chances
(forgive me if I forgot someone, I know there are a couple of you more than capable in the air that I can't remember at the moment.

forgot escalation and direstr8s;

that would be a very good 8vs8 team

burnfout

methane47 said:
I noticed that depending The distance the missle is from you it changes how long you have to do the swoops to avoid them.. Further away = larger swoops... Closer.. short fast swoops

I like to wait a split second before I start dodging, for some reason I can more easily dodge missiles when they are up close.

I really liked that Destroyed Capital match too, too many awesome moments.

Ceb

Yeah, the DC dogfight was the best IMO. I think it was me, carlos and one other gaffer (ChryZ?) on the blue team versus Manky, methane, burnfout and another guy (sorry that I don't remember you). It definitely felt like the most even matchup. The problem about switching teams is that usually you get two people switching from one team to the other without knowing that the other guy was about to do it too.

I don't have any qualms about mixing it up with a GAF vs all game here and there (like the Acropolis Assault domination). It's just stupid fun for a change. :)

Thanks for showing up, everyone.

methane47 said:
Funny thing is.. i wasn't the only one with crazy neg points.. One other gaffer.. I remember having to kill our flag carrier because at the end of the match.. he apparently was running up the field into battle with the flag LOL.. I saw a gaffer jump out of his plane and kill him lol!

Yeah, that was me. I dunno what the hell he was doing. @_@

DireStr8s

One thing that has helped me alot with dogfights & my air game in genaral is keeping the world map open @ all times. Cuts down on those "WTFwho?what?" surprises, & its now alot easier to finish off opponents after my initial engagement.

methane47

nickslicl said:
One thing that has helped me alot with dogfights & my air game in genaral is keeping the world map open @ all times. Cuts down on those "WTFwho?what?" surprises, & its now alot easier to finish off opponents after my initial engagement.

I almost always have the world map on when I'm flying as well... but it makes me VERY VERY susceptible to air mines... I'm guessing thats part of the reason why they get manky all the time too...

deepbrown

Were you doing more than dogfights? Cause I got bored of them and went to play elsewhere. If I'd known it was more mixed up I would've stayed. Hey ho...cookies and crumbling n all that.

Top Bottom