• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

methane47

deepbrown said:
Were you doing more than dogfights? Cause I got bored of them and went to play elsewhere. If I'd known it was more mixed up I would've stayed. Hey ho...cookies and crumbling n all that.

Yeah there were Zones and CTF's after 2 dogfights and it cycled like that i believe..

I think the reason for all the Dogfights is because the Gaf clan really needs to get better in the sky

ChryZ

Ceb said:
Yeah, the DC dogfight was the best IMO. I think it was me, carlos and one other gaffer (ChryZ?) on the blue team versus Manky, methane, burnfout and another guy (sorry that I don't remember you). It definitely felt like the most even matchup.
Yeah, it was the last game before I had to bail. I made 3rd or 4th place? I spend way too much time chasing methane47 and Sea Manky though :lol

deepbrown

methane47 said:
Yeah there were Zones and CTF's after 2 dogfights and it cycled like that i believe..

I think the reason for all the Dogfights is because the Gaf clan really needs to get better in the sky
I realise that, but I wasn't in the mood for flying, my brain was dead :D

Steroyd

Re-cap

Saturday
2 Clan Matches

Not Officially Challenged

Clan:?
Size: 10v10
Times: 1PM - 3:30PM EST or 6PM - 9:30 EST
Volunteers: Steroyd, Methane, Sea_Manky, Chryz, Ceb(maybe), mintylurb, Jaeyden

Clan:BOK
Size: 6v6 or 8v8
Times: N/A
Volunteers: Steroyd, Chryz, Ceb(Maybe), Sea_Manky, mintylurb, Methane, Jaeyden

Sunday
2 Clan Matches

Officially Challenged

Clan: Black0ps_Killers
Size: 6v6
Times: 12AM GMT
Volunteers: Steroyd(Maybe), Sea_Manky, mintylurb, Methane, Jaeyden

Officially Challenged
Clan: Damage control
Size: 8v8
Times: 8PM GMT
Volunteers: Steroyd, Ceb, Chryz, Sea_Manky. mintylurb, Methane, Jaeyden

And there's another match on Friday?

ChryZ

Steroyd said:
Saturday
2 Clan Matches

Volunteers: Steroyd, Methane, Sea_Manky, Chryz, Ceb(maybe), mintylurb, Jaeyden
Count me out in case of 6PM - 9:30 EST.

Thrakier

Got the game today, any tips for a bloody noob? Played online one deathmatch so far, 38 kills and 26 deaths, the auto-aim is quite heavy.

Search this thread for some of carlos' posts. They have some pretty good tips about all aspects of the game.

And play some team games! It's where Warhawk really shines.

methane47

Thrakier said:
Got the game today, any tips for a bloody noob? Played online one deathmatch so far, 38 kills and 26 deaths, the auto-aim is quite heavy.

1) Start Playing team games.. DM is probably the least important game type in this game.

And yes the auto-aim is quite heavy.. But considering how many shots it takes to kill a person I think its quite reasonable.

mintylurb said:
play against ttob and methane. easy kills!! ;>

Yet you rarely play me cowardly minty. :D

Had a nice match last night. Received two more medals I didn't have. Wahoo!

Still can't get the damn 5 machine gun air kills though. :mad:

Either some wang gets the kill before me, or I just fail. Irritating as hell.

methane47

The Take Out Bandit said:
Yet you rarely play me cowardly minty. :D

Had a nice match last night. Received two more medals I didn't have. Wahoo!

Still can't get the damn 5 machine gun air kills though. :mad:

Either some wang gets the kill before me, or I just fail. Irritating as hell.

Play Dogfights.. and keep your guns hot.. thats how I got mine :)

Do you guys always tap R1 to fire the Warhawk machine guns, or do you sometimes hold it? I've read that tapping it it just as deadly as holding it, only you don't have to worry about overheating. I don't know if it's true, but I do it anyway.

methane47

That's even worse since there are more people to interfere with my kills. >:O

Just trust me.. Having more targets in the air to get your 5 kills with is MUCH more important that having to worry about more people stealing your kills.. because also you dont have to worry about AA guns.. or AA missles.. or Rocket Launchers or anything and there are more than 2 enemy planes in the air at one time... Trust me TRUST ME... if you need to get alot of air kills.. Dogfights are the way to go.. because remember there is also a chance of you stealing OTHER people's kills too

carlos

JoeBroni said:
!gaf server is up, no password.

How punctual!

I'll be there in a couple of minutes (no headset, though, charging at the moment)

edit: perhaps not, I'm getting the "unable to join game" error :(

edit 2: got in after 7 tries; and lol it's direstr8s and me alone in there again -.- either people aren't coming it because it's unranked, or people are having my same connection problems...

JoeBroni

Neo Member
carlos said:
edit 2: got in after 7 tries

Wonder if more people are trying to get in but having the connection problem you saw. I'm kind of surprised this works at all to tell you the truth. Maybe this won't work out after all :-(

deepbrown

Steroyd said:
What a bunch of shits.

They're so lucky I'm British asswipes.
WTF was that all about!? Cheating C*nts with attitude problems. Literally shooting through rooves, which I thought was bad...but then they started dropping BOMBS through rooves...not through doors into the rooms, but literally through the roof. You've got no fucking chance...especially when it's a cheat that they've taught their whole clan.

I'd only joined for a little game with Steroyd, and I get verbally abused. WTF. Put me off WH for a time.

Steroyd

The hell, I hid in a bunker and I still got cluster bomb'd fron above.

Mind you we'll have to get together sometime and try that "everyone in a warhawk" tactic it's VERY effective at stifling the opposition.

deepbrown

Steroyd said:
The hell, I hid in a bunker and I still got cluster bomb'd fron above.

Mind you we'll have to get together sometime and try that "everyone in a warhawk" tactic it's VERY effective at stifling the opposition.
Well it was alright...but I was easily capturing other bases once i got away and I wasn't shot through rooves. I say report those guys and get that cheat removed from the game.

I finally got my 5 damn machine gun air-to-air kills with a Warhawk and NO RANK UP! >:O

Also I have 1000+ Tank kills and I don't have the global requirement for that Tank Badge yet?! WTF?

Do your stats track for shitty unranked servers too?

Fuck machine guns in Warhawks. In addition to others swiping my kills, it always seems the damned score limit is reached before I can do jack shit. :mad:

User 406

Banned
methane47 said:
I almost always have the world map on when I'm flying as well... but it makes me VERY VERY susceptible to air mines... I'm guessing thats part of the reason why they get manky all the time too...

That would be a nice excuse, but I'm afraid I don't keep my map on all the time. I'll pop it up in between encounters to look for targets or stuff to do, but normally I prefer to have my view unobstructed. I couldn't imagine dogfighting with half my screen obscured. So, yeah, I still hit mines a lot anyway. XD

JoeBroni, there was a good post a number of pages back in the thread from someone I don't recall giving methane advice on which ports to forward to make his server run better. If you're interested, try looking for it.

Steroyd

Do your stats track for shitty unranked servers too?

No.
Re-cap

Saturday
2 Clan Matches

Volunteers: Steroyd, Methane, Sea_Manky, Chryz, Ceb(maybe), mintylurb, Jaeyden, Kazenone, F-Pina

Clan:BOK
Size: 6v6 or 8v8
Times: N/A
Volunteers: Steroyd, Chryz, Ceb(Maybe), Sea_Manky, mintylurb, Methane, Jaeyden, Kazenone, F-Pina

Sunday
2 Clan Matches

Officially Challenged

Clan: Black0ps_Killers
Size: 6v6
Times: 12AM GMT
Volunteers: Steroyd(Maybe), Sea_Manky, mintylurb, Methane, Jaeyden

Officially Challenged
Clan: Damage control
Size: 8v8
Times: 8PM GMT
Volunteers: Steroyd, Ceb, Chryz, Sea_Manky. mintylurb, Methane, Jaeyden, Kazenone

I found a new trick I like!

Holding my lock with a homing missile for a really long time to make my enemies squirm while I spray their asses with machine gun fire, and if they get feisty - then I release the missile. :D

Also really good training for following targets.

I can do Saturday and Sunday as I see the counts are low on both.

deepbrown

I found a new trick I like!

Holding my lock with a homing missile for a really long time to make my enemies squirm while I spray their asses with machine gun fire, and if they get feisty - then I release the missile. :D

Also really good training for following targets.

I can do Saturday and Sunday as I see the counts are low on both.
I lock on from afar and stay locked on, then a boost right next to them and let go. They have no chance of a chaff then. Everyone prob does that anyway....Or if someones up my ass I just release a mine. Then again a lot of my tactics rely on picking up weapons, and sometimes I get killed before I get that far :(

User 406

Banned
Basically there are three kinds of awards, ribbons, badges, and medals.

Ribbons are earned in a single round. All you have to do to earn a ribbon is fulfill the requirements during a single ranked game.

Medals have a global requirement, and an in a round (IAR) requirement. First you need to do the global requirement, which is totaled up over many games, and only then will doing the IAR requirement get you the medal. So if a medal requires a thousand global kills and ten kills IAR, you can get ten kills in a round over and over, but until you get that thousand overall, they won't count, and you'll have to do it one last time.

Badges work like medals, with a global requirement and an IAR requirement, but badges have multiple levels. The lowest level badge of each type is Bandit, followed by Master, and finally Warhawk. Each successive level has higher requirements than the last.

Thrakier

Oh man, my K/D Ratio is going to hell but I'm almost in the Top 3 oder 4...is this good or bad? XD

BTW:

Where are those Landmines? XD

Barrett2

I just picked this game up; and have only had a PS3 for a week. I would love to play some people on GAF. My PSN is: lawblob

Feel free to add me. Thanks.

Ceb

I can host it a couple of hours starting from 4:30 EDT/ 21:30 CET if people are interested. Please post some map requests here, as I'm really tired and all out of ideas.

burnfout

Ceb said:
I can host it a couple of hours starting from 4:30 EDT/ 21:30 CET if people are interested. Please post some map requests here, as I'm really tired and all out of ideas.

Yes please!

I always like CTF on Eucadia and we should do some training with zones on Archipelago.. Another dogfight on DC would be fun too.

Sea Manky said:
Medals have a global requirement, and an in a round (IAR) requirement. First you need to do the global requirement, which is totaled up over many games, and only then will doing the IAR requirement get you the medal. So if a medal requires a thousand global kills and ten kills IAR, you can get ten kills in a round over and over, but until you get that thousand overall, they won't count, and you'll have to do it one last time.

Ah, thanks for this. It cleared up a few questions I had. I kind of sucks that you need to get the IAR requirement AGAIN agter getting the global requirement, though. I was always under the impression that once you got the IAR requirement, all you need to worry about is getting the global requirement. Some of the IAR are pretty tough to do twice. (for me at least :D)

ChryZ

Ceb said:
go go go, thanks

Top Bottom