• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

User 406

Banned
Note that he said GMT, which means it's actually at 3:45 EDT.

I'll be the only one in the house with the kid, so I'm simply not a good choice, coz if he bashes his head against something like he does a dozen times a day, or poops his diaper, I have to walk away. :p So don't put me down for it.

mintylurb said:
Dang that grand master time. It's good friday but there's a good change I'll be at work so put me down as mebbee..

See, if we didn't give you women equal rights you'd be at home where you belong; and after you cooked dinner and did the laundry you could join the Warhawk clan match! ;)

mintylurb

The Take Out Bandit said:
See, if we didn't give you women equal rights you'd be at home where you belong; and after you cooked dinner and did the laundry you could join the Warhawk clan match! ;)
Not only are you racist, you're hating on your gender. So, so much hate. ;<. Btw, what have you done to homsha!! Last I heard, you were "hang"-ing out with him..

Seriously, where is homsha?

mintylurb said:
Not only are you racist, you're hating on your gender. So, so much hate. ;<. Btw, what have you done to homsha!! Last I heard, you were "hang"-ing out with him..

Seriously, where is homsha?

The dickgirls wear the pants in this house! :p

Homsha is AFK. He PM'd me, but it's his business to tell so if he can manage to get here and post I'll leave that to him.

However any kind thoughts / prayers for him would probably be welcome. Hopefully he'll show up and explain when he gets the opportunity.

methane47

The Take Out Bandit said:

minty is a girl?

Huggers

Ok guys, whats the deal with the clan? I used to be in it but have had a long break from Warhawk. I guess I got removed due to inactivity. Anyways I was bored earlier so I fired up Wowhawk for old times sake and you guessed it, I'm hooked again. If there's room in the clan for one more let me know :D PSN ID: Huggers

Jaeyden

* 1 - Sergeant and lower
* 2 - 1st Lieutenant and lower
* 3 - Cmd Marshal and lower
* 4 - General and lower

Each server is restricted to it's max rank and lower. So if you're new, you would want to play on the lowest lvl server you can until your rank is too high...1's and 2's. I guess it's to keep the high ranked players from raping the low ranked ones, although it is kind of broad because you can become a very good player before you can't play on the lvl 2 servers anymore. Furthermore this system doesn't seem to keep unexperienced players from wandering into the lvl 3 and 4 servers...I see alot of this, nor does it keep people with the disc version of this game from playing in the lvl 1 or 2 servers with an alt. You can also purposely not complete a ranking requirement and keep yourself open to the lower lvl servers.

F-Pina

I normally play in the highest level servers i can since the beginning.
This helps to improve and understand the game faster and better.

Just had my first lock-up in a while. Funny how it always seems to happen when my team is winning. :D

And icechai, care to give impressions on the DS3 after you've spent some time with it? I ordered one, but it won't arrive in mid-April at the earliest, and I'm wondering how it performs with Warhawk.

ChryZ

I got a DS3 for month and Warhawk is one of the best games to utilize its rumble. The controller itself is very tight too.

I love to boost with it ... the rumble kicks into overdrive and it can't be any closer to the sensation of afterburner in a real fighter (vibration wise :p).

icechai

Jack Scofield said:
Just had my first lock-up in a while. Funny how it always seems to happen when my team is winning. :D

And icechai, care to give impressions on the DS3 after you've spent some time with it? I ordered one, but it won't arrive in mid-April at the earliest, and I'm wondering how it performs with Warhawk.

Its kind of amazing actually. As soon as I got into a game and played this morning, it kind of felt like it always should have been there. You don't really register it because its so natural but you respond a lot better due to the rumble. Weight of the controller is a bit heavier but definitely not a burden.

Machine guns send a low rumble into your hands so now I don't overheat them as much when I'm going in for the kill.

Homing missles send a short hard jolt which you would expect.

Afterburners really make you jump. Also helps me cut down on holding it too long, so now I boost in bursts even more than I used to in the heat of a dogfight.

Only got to play 1 game and was mostly helping out from the air, but from what I played so far its almost a crime to play without one now! Also the white color just looks very cool and it matches my cabinet :)

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Finally playing again. When I got it, I was upset with the learning curve, it's pretty furstrating at first, especially with how good everyone is. Now that I've been playin though, I've caught right up, SOOOO damn good. I can't believe I've messed up. I also notice many more people play nowadays, usually around 700 servers up, lowest I've seen is around 580. Is the expansion worth it? Thinkin about buying that.

Jaeyden

You might want to wait a few weeks on OD. It's possible that it will be bundled with Broken Mirror and 1.3 . If not then definitely get it.

deepbrown

You know Warhaw is an amazing looking game. I mean, graphically. Great textures, draw distance etc. Perhaps even the best looking multiplayer game this gen? :?

deepbrown said:
You know Warhaw is an amazing looking game. I mean, graphically. Great textures, draw distance etc. Perhaps even the best looking multiplayer game this gen? :?

I don't know about the best looking multiplayer game, but it certainly looks very good in my opinion. I really like the clean look and the cartoony art-style. The draw distance is very good, too.

deepbrown

Jack Scofield said:
I don't know about the best looking multiplayer game, but it certainly looks very good in my opinion. I really like the clean look and the cartoony art-style. The draw distance is very good, too.
Waters amazing. Textures amazing. I mean just look at the cobled ground - so sharp and detailed. Playing other MP games - I dunno it just doesn't fit as strongly as Warhawk. So what other MP games you thinking about. COD4? Ah...prob beat by Gears and UT3

Jaeyden

deepbrown said:
You know Warhawk is an amazing looking game. I mean, graphically. Great textures, draw distance etc. Perhaps even the best looking multiplayer game this gen? :?

You know what's funny...December'ish 2006 they put up the first trailers for WH on the PSN store. This one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e67gYPLoxDo
I remember making some comments over in the PS forums how it just looked so last-gen, it didn't impress me at all and I wasn't interested in it. Things change. Curiosity got the best of me though :D . I bought this game the minute it was released. I still marvel at it every time I boot it up. The textures are good, not amazing, but it's all about the way it works in motion. It's just pure awesomeness. I really hope that Jobe and crew are working on a spectator mode and some kind of machinima mode.

deepbrown

Jaeyden said:
You know what's funny...December'ish 2006 they put up the first trailers for WH on the PSN store. This one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e67gYPLoxDo
I remember making some comments over in the PS forums how it just looked so last-gen, it didn't impress me at all and I wasn't interested in it. Things change. Curiosity got the best of me though :D . I bought this game the minute it was released. I still marvel at it every time I boot it up. The textures are good, not amazing, but it's all about the way it works in motion. It's just pure awesomeness. I really hope that Jobe and crew are working on a spectator mode and some kind of machinima mode.

Haha that looks lame lol. It did improve a lot...I wish some other games were the same... :)

Jaeyden

Just saw that E-mail saying BM coming to PSN soon.

Shout out to TTP...You get an early copy yet? IIRC they sent you OD like 2 or 3 weeks before it was released. Would love to see some of the new stuff in action. :D

Steroyd

Can some take the reigns of setting up matches next week.

Next weekend er... Everybody's Golf AND Gran Turismo 5 Prologue are going to be the two new additions to the family and I'm going to be up all night you know how it is sometimes.

mintylurb

Steroyd said:
Can some take the reigns of setting up matches next week.

Next weekend er... Everybody's Golf AND Gran Turismo 5 Prologue are going to be the two new additions to the family and I'm going to be up all night you know how it is sometimes.
Ordered hsg5 as well. You be going down!!

burnfout

My new room :) Got these from my girlfriend today!!

CIMG0421.jpg

And something a bit more personal:

CIMG0424.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thrakier

So, I have no problems now on Level 1 anymore. Most of the games I have a K/D ratio like 30 to 5 and I'm always in the top 3, often number 1. I tried some level 2 matches and I wasn't nearly as good. The jump from 1 to 2 seems aready big, frustrating again.^^ I think I will not get the rank with the "most kills in a warhawk" achievement. In the air to air fight I am a real looser.

Sybari

Neo Member
msdstc said:
Finally playing again. When I got it, I was upset with the learning curve, it's pretty furstrating at first, especially with how good everyone is. Now that I've been playin though, I've caught right up, SOOOO damn good.

The learning curve is so fast, agreed. It's kind of:
"okay, now it's time to customise your character.... great... now to log into a server... OMG there's like a GRENADE coming toward you, and there are like, five guys in your base, and they have taken your flag and it's up to YOU and YOU ALONE to stop them with your trusty pistol, never mind not knowing how to pick other weapons up! WHERE ARE YOUR BALLS MAN, yes that's called a flamethrower, but it's NOTHING compared to your SHEER WILLPOWER. Oh never mind, there is a shadow the size of a small plane looming over you, see you at the respawn point /kiss.

Yeah I shed a few frustrated tears on my first time, Kazenone looked on in bewilderment :lol but nay, eventually I came and conquered!

icechai

Thrakier said:
So, I have no problems now on Level 1 anymore. Most of the games I have a K/D ratio like 30 to 5 and I'm always in the top 3, often number 1. I tried some level 2 matches and I wasn't nearly as good. The jump from 1 to 2 seems aready big, frustrating again.^^ I think I will not get the rank with the "most kills in a warhawk" achievement. In the air to air fight I am a real looser.

and sometimes no matter how good you are, the other team just has overall better players and there's only so much you can do when they have taken every single base. Like today's games with Sea Manky, some games were even, some were just ridiculous. Although I have to say its quite brave/amazing of you to survive for a bit and get a kill when 5 warhawks are on your tail :p

User 406

Banned
icechai, I couldn't believe that Destroyed Capitol TDM. My entire team seemed content to just stay in one single base. And none of them spoke English so I couldn't tell them to get in the air. >X{

Oh, and when you dropped me off at that plane on the OD map, you knocked me off the platform and I ended up stranded. :p As it turns out, my son needed his diaper changed, so I took a break for a round. :p

Jaeyden

GB tells me we have a challenge in 45 minutes. Is this true?

Steroyd said:
Oh they looked to change the time to 7PM central time, so I asked if they could move it to tomorrow.

NVM...now I feel stupid.

Top Bottom