• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

SpacLock

Azrael said:
Looking over your post history, let's see if I reconstructed this correctly.

1) You called Warhawk garbage before the beta began.

2) You posted in the beta thread that you were off to play the game, then came back a whopping 15 or so minutes later and said that the opinion you had of Warhawk before you played it was correct.

3) You were warned to not post impressions because a) it was a violation of your NDA and b) it wasn't fair to bash the beta because other posters who liked the beta couldn't state their own opinions because it would break the NDA.

Did I miss anything?

Sorry for the late response...

1. Hahaha no, sorry buddy. It's called a timezone. I also pmed pictures for proof. that guy was an idiot.

2. I thought that it was bad enough after 15 minutes... So yeah, i posted a my feelings.

3. So?

You guys are getting way too defensive. Take it easy.

If IGN gives this game an 8 or higher you can ban me for 2 months.
If GameSpot gives the game an 8 or higher you can ban me for an additional 2 months.

And with that i'll leave the thread for now. I'm not trying to flame guys.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
SpacLock said:
If GameSpot gives the game an 8 or higher you can ban me for an additional 2 months.

Bwahahaah.

MUHAHAHAHAH!

BWAHAHAHUUAAAHAHUAHAU!

That was a bad bet methinks.

belvedere

Junior Butler
I have a feeling it's probably not the best idea to judge this title's fun factor based on reviews. Because of the pricing options alone.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
belvedere said:
I have a feeling it's probably not the best idea to judge this title's fun factor based on reviews. Because of the pricing options alone.
and 1ups review gets docked 1 whole point based on ten dollars.

wowfactor

Banned
You know how people said this game beta was more fun the Halo 3 beta?
Yeah, that's why this game got attacked from all over the place.
It is just that simple.

SpacLock said:

1. Hahaha no, sorry buddy. It's called a timezone. I also pmed pictures for proof. that guy was an idiot.

2. I thought that it was bad enough after 15 minutes... So yeah, i posted a my feelings.

3. So?

You know full well that it's going to get some low scores simply because there's no single player mode.

However, in the event that it does get higher than 8s in both, say hi to Pepsiman for us :lol

Xater

wowfactor said:
You know how people said this game beta was more fun the Halo 3 beta?
Yeah, that's why this game got attacked from all over the place.
It is just that simple.

And nothing can be better than Halo multiplayer AMIRITE? :lol

Doc Evils

SpacLock said:

3. So?

This is going to be fun.

Alex

Why do people insist on fucking up the official topics? Can't you take this shit to some other thread? There's expressing an opinion, then there's being a total jerk and derailing everything.

Alex said:
Why do people insist on fucking up the official topics? Can't you take this shit to some other thread? There's expressing an opinion, then there's being a total jerk and derailing everything.

Everything is OK now, I'm pretty sure he will be taking a 2-4 month vacation very soon.

derder

polyh3dron said:
You know full well that it's going to get some low scores simply because there's no single player mode.

However, in the event that it does get higher than 8s in both, say hi to Pepsiman for us :lol

What did Pepsiman do?

carlos

Can someone please get sony to respond officially as to if this game has gamesharing and supports multiple online accounts at the same time? I've gotten pretty paranoid from all you naysayers in this thread....my purchase of the game depends on this

If not, can someone confirm it as soon as possible once the game is available for download?

thanks in advance

exarkun

Quick question: You think any of you guys want to, when the game comes out, have some flying lessons or at least some tips to help people on GAF pull of some of the harder stuff, like strafing people on the ground, accurate bombing, ect. ? Or even basic flying tips for help with dogfights and such? We could set up a server dedicated to that sort of stuff. The reason I'm asking is that during the beta I was pretty good at aerial combat but when it came to taking the warhawk low to the ground and either bombing or shooting people on the ground I was pretty bad. I've seen alot of people on the servers do realllly well at that stuff so I think there is something to it I'm just not understanding. So yea.

spwolf

Greg said:
Why do people keep saying the ex-editor from the xbox mag was the one that reviewed Warhawk? It was an intern who did the review.

Sure, it's annoying that the game was docked points for ridiculous reasons, but at least get the fucking facts straight before you point fingers.

didnt he sign the review?

Greg

spwolf said:
didnt he sign the review?
Being the editor-in-chief, he most likely signed-off the review - however, an editorial intern, Tom Holoien, wrote the review and is the one with his name under the text.

I have the magazine right in front of me - here is the last line:
Perhaps future patches will fix some of the problems - and we'll be watching - but until that time, Warhawk doesn't hold up as the quality game we all wanted it to be.
Tom Holoien

I'll agree the review was poorly written, especially considering how balanced the beta was (and what they said they fixed/were going to fix) once you got an understanding for how everything worked - that still doesn't excuse people to falsely accuse someone else for writing the review.

Safe Bet

Banned
Ok..

With a rough count, it looks like we have about 15 Canadian Warhawkers...

I'm not really sure if that's enough to justify creating another clan.

Also, there are less than 10 players on the "waiting list" and there will be plenty of room for them in either GAFe or GAFw once we all get the game and find out who wants to play on a semi-regular basis.

Varshes

Safe Bet said:
Ok..

With a rough count, it looks like we have about 15 Canadian Warhawkers...

I'm not really sure if that's enough to justify creating another clan.

Also, there are less than 10 players on the "waiting list" and there will be plenty of room for them in either GAFe or GAFw once we all get the game and find out who wants to play on a semi-regular basis.

I've got 3 more that want to join, so with Firest0rm that should bring it to 19.

Safe Bet

Banned
Firest0rm said:
Safebet, I'm most likely going to pick up warhawk on launch so you can count me in for Canada.
*nod*

Its up to you guys if you want to do it and it would help make room on the roster for those waiting to get into GAFe or GAFw...

I'd just hate to see you guys form another clan, not have enough people to fill it up adequately, and end up with the situation where there's only one or two of your clanmates online at any given time.

kurahadol

As mentioned earlier on, the idea of a GAF Canada clan would be great. I'm sure it wouldn't fill the entire 64 player slot but we'd get a decent amount of people and have a good time with it. If it happens, I'm most definitely interested in signing up.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
JB1981 said:
I really hope they fixed the mic issues that were present in the beta or this game is not worth buying. :(
Are you talking about the looping mic feedback? They fixed that by having press to talk.
Other than that mics worked fine for me.

spwolf

captive said:
Are you talking about the looping mic feedback? They fixed that by having press to talk.
Other than that mics worked fine for me.

i know few ppl complained, it could be issue on non dedicated servers where there wasnt enough bandwith for mics... I dont remember any more crucial than that...

Varshes

Alright, I talked with djkimothy and we're going to go ahead and start with a GAF Canada clan. I'll be starting it if there are no objections. So we can start clearing out those waiting lists from E and W for any interested parties.

SpacLock said:

C ya after christmas :D

Trevelyan

Banned
I'm positive this has been answered and is floating around somewhere on the internet, but I can't seem to find it for the life of me. =( This game runs at 60fps, correct?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Trevelyan said:
I'm positive this has been answered and is floating around somewhere on the internet, but I can't seem to find it for the life of me. =( This game runs at 60fps, correct?

I believe so; at least that's how it felt in the beta.

Safe Bet

Banned
FootNinja said:
So canada is getting its own clan? :\

Gafe loses kittonwy?
I'd say that's his decision..

No one was forced to join GAFe GAFw or GAFu we just kinda formed up that way...

If any Canadians want to stay where they are, I am sure no one will object.

Trout

Banned
that's fucking lame that it takes up the same amount of space on the hard drive but it doesn't boot from there. Is the headset that good of a deal?

djkimothy

Safe Bet said:
THE CANADIANS ARE COMING!!!

THE CANADIANS ARE COMING!!!

BY LAND AND AIR!!!

/Neo Paul Revere

;)

AHHHHH! :p

OK, cool that we have a Canadian clan even if it'll be 15-17 strong. Again, i won't be able to go on till after September 3rd due to being away for holidays. But I'm on for sure the days after that. I'll have to split up my time between this clan and Resistance of course. ;)

I'll keep checking these threads to see when game days are.

Top Bottom