• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Kittonwy

Banned
spwolf said:
GAF Nord?

:)

FRENCHY!!! FREEEECHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!11111!!111!!!!11!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
mackaveli said:
me and my brother will join GAF Canada.

Mackaveli and crussher were on GAFw but you can drop us and add us to GAFc please.

thanks

Done.

Bumped up TheJer and rc213 to GAFw.

CSSer

UnholySpectacle said:
I really don't know what do do right now. I got an invite for the COD4 beta last night, I'm trying to play through Bioshock, and a couple friends want me to join a Lost Planet MP game. When Warhawk drops I'm really gonna be confused. Then comes September 25th and my head will explode.

Don't leave GAFe hanging... go with warhawk. Otherwise, pass the reigns to someone else if you forsee problems. This might not even matter much if we can transfer clan leaderships, but that looks doubtful.

J-Rzez

Killthee said:
Correct. When GAFe got full, I moved the leftover's and the CST/MST people into GAFw.

Update:

GAFe - Dropped: KGKK; Added: J-Rzez
GAFn - Added: KGKK, duketogo, dream; Updated: Firest0rm

Yay! I roll eastside boyeez!!! Represent!

Is the retail version still on track? I won't have it till Wed if ship date is still Tues... don't live in a major city :(

Killthee

CSSer said:
Don't leave GAFe hanging... go with warhawk. Otherwise, pass the reigns to someone else if you forsee problems. This might not even matter much if we can transfer clan leaderships, but that looks doubtful.

panda_laugh.jpg

:lol The game hasn't even launched and GAFe is already having a dilemma :lol

funny-pictures-panda-racer-17j.jpg

GAFw is going to run over GAFe!

CSSer said:

What? I think you guys are taking me way too seriously. I'm really not about to have a breakdown. When did I ever say that I was going to leave Warhawk hanging? I just said that I had a crapload of gaming to choose from, and the choices will only get bigger in September.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Woo, thread moving fast today.

FightyF said:
If you aren't arguing that this is a staple feature among games of this type, and that the review was right to point out the lack of such a feature...what are you arguing about?
Here's what it boils down to: Can a developer make a game that is strictly player vs. player that could get a perfect review score? By arguing that MP only games should have their scored docked if they don't include bots you're saying that truly MP only game design is fundamentally flawed.

This isn't about dismissing the value of bots, it's about whether a truly MP only game is really "of this type" as UT, Q3A, BF, etc. that you keep referencing. It's understandable that such games would be the first standard to measure against that would leap to mind since there are a number of similarities in basic gameplay style and game setup. But the act of going multiPLAYER only is significantly and intentionally divergent from those games. It's one thing to say that bots add value, but what you're really saying is that the lack of bots is a flaw, and that's where I disagree.

Bookey

Professional Monk
gonna go ahead and dl this badboy when it goes up on psn, PSN id: Therealbookey and im on the east coast (VA)

Grayman said:
I can't decide how to get it still!

If it takes more than an hour to get to your game store and back, download it. If you live right next to the store then don't waste time downloading it.

Then again, if you ever send in your PS3 or swap out the harddrive you have to download again.

Grayman

narcosis219 said:
If it takes more than an hour to get to your game store and back, download it. If you live right next to the store then don't waste time downloading it.

Then again, if you ever send in your PS3 or swap out the harddrive you have to download again.
I can get to the store in less than an hour but they won't have it midnight, probably won't have it at all on Tuesday.

Grayman said:
I can get to the store in less than an hour but they won't have it midnight, probably won't have it at all on Tuesday.

Have a headset of any sort? The sale at best buy can get you the game and the head set for less than the price of the headset itself. Sweet deal.

Grayman

I have the PS2 usb headset. I'm mostly just trying to weight whether I want the bonus features and disc, or to play the game immediately. The bestbuy deal is the only reason i'm considering retail

Grayman said:
I have the PS2 usb headset. I'm mostly just trying to weight whether I want the bonus features and disc, or to play the game immediately. The bestbuy deal is the only reason i'm considering retail

Well, since the headset isn't important to you (I'm assuming you don't mind the wires on the one you have) then you should just download as soon as it comes out and play in the morning. Bonus features are just some behind the scenes and some trailers. Skippable, and you might be able to find them online sometime later.

Killthee

Grayman said:
and I also don't need to leave the house!

I hope I can stick to this decision, i've flip flopped so many times.

Add $50 bucks to your PSN Wallet :D That way you're stuck :D

j/k

FightyF

Banned
kaching said:
It's one thing to say that bots add value, but what you're really saying is that the lack of bots is a flaw, and that's where I disagree.

Well, we can agree to disagree, or take this thread another 8 pages. :) I'm sure the whole forum would be split on this issue.

On the topic of GAF Canada, the biggest benefit to me playing in GAFw was the fact that the timezones lined up so games would be at convenient evening times for everyone (well, except for the Aussie bros :p). Canada is such a wide country that spans a half dozen timezones. Lunch in my side of the country is dinner in another. Whereas I play at the same time as someone in New Mexico, when I'm in GAFw.

So while national pride is a strong motivator...it's more important for me to be able to make clan assigned times and dates.

I'll see how things pan out after the first month or so, but for now I'm sticking with GAFw, and I'll consider moving to GAFn.

Things may turn out where we'll just have smorgasborgs with GAF players playing on any GAF team. Whereas for tournies we'll stick with these clans. Who knows?

Peeete

I was asking for help before, cause I live in Thailand and I don't have a credit card. Today I tried my friends debit card from Thailand, but it tells me it's not valid.

How do other people use a credit/debit card from their country in the US-Store? Like for me, there's no way to put the billing information, cause Thailand is not a listed country. When I only use the debit card informations together with my "fake-adress" it's not working.

I think I read before, that the billing adress is not really important, so might it help, if I try another friend's credit card or is there just no way for me at the moment to download warhawk if I don't have a credit card with american billing adress?

Grayman

So do we setup irc channels later or run these clans fully by one forum thread?

Peeete said:
I was asking for help before, cause I live in Thailand and I don't have a credit card. Today I tried my friends debit card from Thailand, but it tells me it's not valid.

How do other people use a credit/debit card from their country in the US-Store? Like for me, there's no way to put the billing information, cause Thailand is not a listed country. When I only use the debit card informations together with my "fake-adress" it's not working.

I think I read before, that the billing adress is not really important, so might it help, if I try another friend's credit card or is there just no way for me at the moment to download warhawk if I don't have a credit card with american billing adress?
On some websites credit cards do address verify with the cardholder to prevent fraud, I think sony would do the same thing.

YYZ

I was going to ask to be signed up for GAFn but I'm already on there, thanks! Can't wait to kick some fat American asses :lol

Anyone know if BestBuy in Canada is getting this game on Tuesday or is it Thursday? I was told Thursday when I went in person.

CSSer

YYZ said:
I was going to ask to be signed up for GAFn but I'm already on there, thanks! Can't wait to kick some fat American asses :lol

Anyone know if BestBuy in Canada is getting this game on Tuesday or is it Thursday? I was told Thursday when I went in person.

Some people have gone to their BestBuys, and were told that it'll be out on the 28th. You should just call your local BestBuy on that day before going.

Defuser

FUCK FUCK FUCK,Not only I can't get the game till Sept 2 but Asia's Warhawk package won't include a Headset. If they tried to sell me at US$60 I'll beat the shit out of them.

the_id

Defuser said:
FUCK FUCK FUCK,Not only I can't get the game till Sept 2 but Asia's Warhawk package won't include a Headset. If they tried to sell me at US$60 I'll beat the shit out of them.

Wait, can't you just download it from the store? Singapore man, go get some cheap headsets at Ice Kachang Batu Hill (if that really exists) :p

Defuser

the_id said:
Wait, can't you just download it from the store? Singapore man, go get some cheap headsets at Ice Kachang Batu Hill (if that really exists) :p
What the hell is that place?never heard of it.And I don't have a prepaid/Credit Card.

Xater

Defuser said:
What the hell is that place?never heard of it.And I don't have a prepaid/Credit Card.

Can you use a Wirecard? (www.wirecard.com)

It's a virtual credit card and it seems to work with every PSN store worldwide. I use it to buy stuff outside of Germany because the german store sucks and doesn't get all the content.

Ashhong

narcosis219 said:
Have a headset of any sort? The sale at best buy can get you the game and the head set for less than the price of the headset itself. Sweet deal.

wat sale????? are u talking about that Canada sale? is there anything in America? :(

CSSer

Yixian said:
It was possible to transfer clan leadership in the beta.

That's good news. Someone make a GAF clan right from the start then.

Ashhong said:
wat sale????? are u talking about that Canada sale? is there anything in America? :(

Yep, the BestBuy Canada $40 sale. They sell the headset on the website for $60... There isn't a known deal in the US yet, but there will probably be some...

On another note, 17 hrs and 24 minutes left for people buying it on the PSN store.

Top Bottom