• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Trout said:
that's fucking lame that it takes up the same amount of space on the hard drive but it doesn't boot from there.

The standalone I believe is around 900-1100MB. So not quite, but close.

Varshes

If anyone wants to join GAF Canada, please throw me a PM with your PSN handle. If you're on the waiting lists for the other clans, and want to join ours and you aren't from Canada, we'll gladly take you. Canada is a cultural mosiac afterall. ;)

djkimothy

Varshes said:
If anyone wants to join GAF Canada, please throw me a PM with your PSN handle. If you're on the waiting lists for the other clans, and want to join ours and you aren't from Canada, we'll gladly take you. Canada is a cultural mosiac afterall. ;)

We can call ourselves the United States of Canada. :lol

Mesijs

Madman said:
That's not encouraging. I hope this doesn't mean more poor reviews.
The game is excellent. I don't know exactly what they tweaked since the beta, but it plays great. I'm being killed over and over... because the opponent shows excellent play. Guarding the hot spots on the map, attacking from different sides. When I first felt strong in an anti-air gun I now feel vulnerable - which means balancing is improved.

Not played the final very long, but it's a great game anyway. From what I can judge until now, the balancing is great. Just pure, well-crafted fun.

spwolf

Mesijs said:
The game is excellent. I don't know exactly what they tweaked since the beta, but it plays great. I'm being killed over and over... because the opponent shows excellent play. Guarding the hot spots on the map, attacking from different sides. When I first felt strong in an anti-air gun I now feel vulnerable - which means balancing is improved.

Not played the final very long, but it's a great game anyway. From what I can judge until now, the balancing is great. Just pure, well-crafted fun.

dont tease us dude!

Mesijs

spwolf said:
dont tease us dude!

Well, if you've played the beta there aren't really a lot of new, hidden, super-cool things. :D And at this point I only see one other person online. :( So that's difficult to really play then...

spwolf

Mesijs said:
Well, if you've played the beta there aren't really a lot of new, hidden, super-cool things. :D And at this point I only see one other person online. :( So that's difficult to really play then...

btw, do you notice difference in graphics at all?

Mesijs

spwolf said:
btw, do you notice difference in graphics at all?

I don't think I notice any graphical differences. Maybe the shadows cast on your character, don't know if it was also in the beta?

Just had some good fun, although I got owned really bad. Any other gaffers in? My PSN is Mezijz, so if there was someone you killed all the time it's probably me. :D

chubigans said:
The standalone I believe is around 900-1100MB. So not quite, but close.

So whats on the other 2400MB? I hope we get 24 whopping gigs of videos. :lol
Seems like such a waste; all that space left on the bluray.

Grayman

narcosis219 said:
So whats on the other 2400MB? I hope we get 24 whopping gigs of videos. :lol
Seems like such a waste; all that space left on the bluray.
high def trailers... of every movie ever made.

Mesijs

Wow, I've just seen a level I didn't encounter in the beta. It consists of GIANT rock pillars into the ocean, groups of rock pillars. Hundreds of meters high. They're perfect for flying through with your hawk and dodging rockets. There are also some groups of pillars with roads between them. Looks really great and excellent for air combat.

djkimothy

Mesijs said:
Wow, I've just seen a level I didn't encounter in the beta. It consists of GIANT rock pillars into the ocean, groups of rock pillars. Hundreds of meters high. They're perfect for flying through with your hawk and dodging rockets. There are also some groups of pillars with roads between them. Looks really great and excellent for air combat.

Bah! I can't play this till September. ;_;

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Mesijs said:

Archipelago, right?

Mesijs

chubigans said:
Archipelago, right?

Yeah that's right. I think it wasn't in the beta, was it? Anyway, it's absolutely stunning.

So only five maps in total, right...? (Judging from the site.) That's not so much.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Mesijs said:
Yeah that's right. I think it wasn't in the beta, was it? Anyway, it's absolutely stunning.

So only five maps in total, right...? (Judging from the site.) That's not so much.
It was, i love hiding with the TOW missile and taking people out.

Ashhong

Mesijs said:

Five "areas" they call it. I think different sections of each area can be played as its own map, so technically there are more than 5 maps. Don't knock it down for that reason :lol

Tideas

Banned
so how is this gonna work? Do we have a leader for the original gaf clan yet?

Any website that we can go to?

I won't be getting the game til like 5 days after releaes (bought it online) so I'll catch up to you guys.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Yeah, it's five environments composed of 24 or so maps.

I know it sounds like "cheating" but some of these maps are INSANE. Take a huge map (Eucadia), restrict it to two towns competing for the flag...and its a whole new ballgame. It works really, really well.

djkimothy

chubigans said:
Yeah, it's five environments composed of 24 or so maps.

I know it sounds like "cheating" but some of these maps are INSANE. Take a huge map (Eucadia), restrict it to two towns competing for the flag...and its a whole new ballgame. It works really, really well.

Is it possible to have the entire giant map unlocked when there's a 32 player game? Much like Socom 3?

spwolf

djkimothy said:
Is it possible to have the entire giant map unlocked when there's a 32 player game? Much like Socom 3?

yeah, size of the map depends how many ppl are playing... so 32 ppl have complete map playing...

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
djkimothy said:

Well it's totally up to the main guy running the game. You can have 32 players on the smallest map or two players on the largest. Up to you.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Are we naming the 3rd N.A. GAF clan GAFc(anada) or GAFn(orth america)? I'm asking this because I'm wondering what were going to do with the U.S. people in the backup list. If were creating a 3rd N.A. clan for canucks who weren't able to get into the first 2 clans, might as well name it GAFn and include all the other U.S. people who weren't able to get in.

Varshes

Killthee said:
Are we naming the 3rd N.A. GAF clan GAFc(anada) or GAFn(orth america)? I'm asking this because I'm wondering what were going to do with the U.S. people in the backup list. If were creating a 3rd N.A. clan for canucks who weren't able to get into the first 2 clans, might as well name it GAFn and include all the other U.S. people who weren't able to get in.

That's alright with me, got some some Non-Canadian people in there anyway, gonna PM you what I have so far.

I really don't know what do do right now. I got an invite for the COD4 beta last night, I'm trying to play through Bioshock, and a couple friends want me to join a Lost Planet MP game. When Warhawk drops I'm really gonna be confused. Then comes September 25th and my head will explode.

Killthee

The roster has been updated.

GAFw: Added: Tideas; Dropped: DemonSwordsman
GAFe: no change
GAFn: Added: Varshes, I3rand0, centracore, djkimothy, Kdash, Firest0rm (need PSN ID), narcosis219, Blizzje, DemonSwordsman, criesofthepast, Arsenic, Atrus, The Jer, AzerPhire, vpance, ex0du5, rc213, GuileTreehorn, Agent X (need PSN ID), YYZ, sonycowboy, and Somnia.
GAFu: no change; still without leader...Xander is willing to start it, but he can't commit to it once uni starts...

I still need the timezone info from the following people sk3tch, Mifune, GeoramA, rubso, and Thunderbear.

KGKK

Banned
I guess I'll give up my GAFe spot and join the GAFc, PSN handle is the same as my GAF handle; KGKK. Gotta represent Canada.:D

Ashhong

so i'm assuming then that the US version isn't delayed until thursday? the site still says tuesday. AND it says EST, so us PST people get it on monday :D yay.

can someone report ASAP if gamesharing is a-ok?

J-Rzez

KGKK said:
I guess I'll give up my GAFe spot and join the GAFc, PSN handle is the same as my GAF handle; KGKK. Gotta represent Canada.:D

I'll take the open east spot! If allowed

Wait a minute, what did i miss? I'm marked for the "w" clan, but labeled as est tz? :lol so confused...

and is this just going to carry over my user id name? If so, Johnny_Rzeznik... :p

I'm thinking that I might really go buy a PS3 and hope that I can leech off wireless :(

I really wanna play this the more I hear about it. Sounds exactly like my type of game.

Killthee

Safe Bet said:
I think you were put into GAFw because GAFe was full at the time but I'm not sure.

Correct. When GAFe got full, I moved the leftover's and the CST/MST people into GAFw.

Update:

GAFe - Dropped: KGKK; Added: J-Rzez
GAFn - Added: KGKK, duketogo, dream; Updated: Firest0rm

Top Bottom