• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

ChryZ

Woah, Click is online and he is playing Uncharted!? We should try to rope him back into the clan :D

deepbrown said:
Wha do u mean? I only played one game against you....which I won :) Deeps win streak against Chryz = 100% :D
Enjoy it while it lasts ... oh yeah and network error my ass :p

EDIT: good games, guys (Carlos, Ceb) ... cracked the 500 wins mark, new medals get :D

Remy

Hey all.

I went in after the price dropped on PSN, and I've been jumping around a little bit this afternoon, trying to not get my ass handed to me too much. (It's weird thinking it's actually been about a year since the beta.)

If there's room in any of the GAF subclans, please shoot me an invite. RemyVJA as always.

deepbrown

ChryZ said:
Woah, Click is online and he is playing Uncharted!? We should try to rope him back into the clan :D

Enjoy it while it lasts ... oh yeah and network error my ass :p

EDIT: good games, guys (Carlos, Ceb) ... cracked the 500 wins mark, new medals get :D
Pft! I was the leader in the next TDM and we were winning - so it was the worst time for a network error! Deep is teh betterz! :D

ChryZ

deepbrown said:
Pft! I was the leader in the next TDM and we were winning - so it was the worst time for a network error! Deep is teh betterz! :D
1180394534802.jpg

Ceb

ChryZ said:

Yeah, I had lots of fun there. I was remembered of how fun Warhawk can be. It's totally worth having to endure some poor lineups here and there.

It's not always a good thing being able to read the map correctly and figure out where you're needed the most though - because chances are the perceptive ones on the enemy side will also be there. carlos blasting me over and over in one of the games, lol. :D

User 406

Banned
Man, it seemed like the whole world was gunning for me in those dogfights. :X Had a couple of bad rounds but did pretty good overall. Why did you guys leave? :(

deepbrown

Sea Manky said:
Man, it seemed like the whole world was gunning for me in those dogfights. :X Had a couple of bad rounds but did pretty good overall. Why did you guys leave? :(
Things to do. Don't like playin dogfight again and again.

ChryZ

Sea Manky said:
Removing you from the sky was crucial for bringing balance to the force :lol

Players from our team left right at the beginning of that match, then some more. It was like 7vs3 and your teammates were spawn camping ... it killed the fun for me, so I left too :\

Steroyd

I hate this clan policy it gets harder and harder to chop people from the clan, sorry people who pm'd me like a week ago, I'll check the clan list to see if we can get any casualties.

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
I'm still a ground trooper exclusively (only use warhawk to catch spawn points), but 20h into the game I still find myself fighting the controls.
Its so hard to snipe or to tank a flying warhawk. I wish It suported mouse+kb

Ceb

Sniping moving targets shouldn't be easy, neither should tankshotting warhawks. The theory for being successful is basically the same for those two things though: choose your targets wisely. If you see someone standing still, he's an easy target - waste him.

icechai

spyshagg said:
I'm still a ground trooper exclusively (only use warhawk to catch spawn points), but 20h into the game I still find myself fighting the controls.
Its so hard to snipe or to tank a flying warhawk. I wish It suported mouse+kb

that's why there's rocket launchers and turrets. Also I'm betting jeep's machineguns will be more effective against warhawks and other people with the update in 2 wks.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Sea Manky said:
More Broken Mirror info including a trailer here:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/03/28/operation-broken-mirror/

Looks like the release date has been finalized at April 17. Apparently the new map has some asymmetrical layouts, and DYNAMIC WEATHER! :D

On the downside, it looks like there will be no crossover between OD and BM. Dylan explains that they didn't want to fracture the player base and force them to buy all the expansions. So you can has dropship or APC, but not both.

Oh, and it looks like they're massaging the scoring system again. Flag carrier kills and flag returns up, flag tossing out.
I love the dropship so much though. :(

My favorite vehicle in the game. Its just so badass. I fear that the Omega Dawn servers are going to become even less populated than they already are. Damn.

carlos

I usually don't like to post about my playing, but I just had one of my most memorable rounds and I'd like to share it with you.
(CTF on Island outpost, the largest variation, 32 players)

So the game starts off evenly, and thanks to our ground forces (with a little help from above) we're able to score a point after five minutes have passed. So, instead of going for it again and keeping the pressure on, the rest of my team goes into complete defensive mode, cowering at our base.

I'm tempted to leave the game when five more minutes pass and we've lost all the spawn points and we're getting hammered with TOW's, electricity and cluster bombs. Worse yet, NO ONE is getting in warhawks and trying to help me out, and even when I manage to get to the invisibility (after zigzagging around 10-15 air mines), the bastards follow me relentlessly, killing me quickly if I try to capture any base back.

So I summon up all my rage and say " F&%$ you!, if you want that flag, you'll have to pry it from my cold dead fingers".

I get in a warhawk, pick up the nearby powerups (chaff, homing missles, and air mines when I have a breather in between enemy warhawk swarms). I proceed to spend the next 20 minutes, hovering behind our flag, picking off every single enemy coming towards our flag. Not once did anyone else even get into a warhawk; I know this, since I had to have the map open almost all the time to see from which sides the enemy was coming from.

Warhawks inbound? Boom, homing missle+machine gun for you; dodge,chaff, dodge again, hide behind our base, go back out and attack again.
Invisible warhawks? taste my air to air TOW missle, assholes. Got around 5-6 of those in the round.
I place air mines right in front of the flag, but hidden from their view, and keep another mine in my pocket for those coming at/following me.

When I can, I try to go for items (not easy when the 2 nearby bases are full of guys aiming RPG's at you; the base complex makes for great cover), and take out an occasional sniper/binoc enemy.Meanwhile, there are 6-8 guys in the air who are getting increasingly more pissed off at me every time I shoot them down. Luckily, I have some RPG guys of my own in our base, so I can get some protection from them and get the nearby health when neccesary.

And so on and so forth, taking out warhawks and dropships, The pilots weren't noobs either, they were really aggresive against me, but I truly was in "the zone". I even managed to kill their best pilot while he was invisible and moving with the machine gun. Occasionally I get ground forces who nearly escaped with our flag, but they never managed to get it past the front of our base.

Long story short, I finish the round 53-14 (not bad considering the circumstances), and while I wasn't the highest scorer in the round, I've never felt as satisfied as I do now. I wish you all experience this great sensation of overcoming terrible odds, as so often happens in this game.

http://www.warhawkstats.com/customizations.php

The pictures on this page can't be correct, right? I was looking through the different soldier customization options when I noticed that I already have the Sergeant Major outfits, even though I'm still only a Wing Leader. So are the stats messed up on the page, or did I somehow unlock those skins on accident?

And by the way, the Chernovan skin for Cmd Sergeant is bad-ass. Can't wait until I unlock that one.

EDIT: Also, I just noticed that I haven't unlocked Lower 5, even though the site says it's awarded at Wing Leader. What's going on?

2real4tv

Jack Scofield said:
http://www.warhawkstats.com/customizations.php

The pictures on this page can't be correct, right? I was looking through the different soldier customization options when I noticed that I already have the Sergeant Major outfits, even though I'm still only a Wing Leader. So are the stats messed up on the page, or did I somehow unlock those skins on accident?

And by the way, the Chernovan skin for Cmd Sergeant is bad-ass. Can't wait until I unlock that one.

Thanks that website help I was wondering why I wasn't leveling up Iam >15000points and Iam stuck @ wingman

Oni Jazar

BobsRevenge said:
I love the dropship so much though. :(

My favorite vehicle in the game. Its just so badass. I fear that the Omega Dawn servers are going to become even less populated than they already are. Damn.

They need to offer the Omega Pack for free. Same thing Bungie does with the Halo maps.

Ceb

APRIL FOOLS!

Man, I hope they really do make it available it at a reasonable time tomorrow. I'm counting on an evening-long GAF session to try out the new stuff.

carlos

Apparently the servers will be down tomorrow from 6am to 12pm (EDT). By the time they return, 1.3 will be up and ready.
( I'm not sure whether the update will be available to download during the downtime )

Jaeyden, I got another friend request from you a few days ago, but once again I got an error message when I tried to accept it. It would've been useful for finding you yesterday... (stupid clan list not updating )

Oh and Manky, you're getting praised on the warhawk boards among the most underrated players: http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...hread.id=445207&view=by_date_ascending&page=2

icechai

Oni Jazar said:
They need to offer the Omega Pack for free. Same thing Bungie does with the Halo maps.

They need to find out some way to integrate Omega Dawn, because as of now there's 3 types of games. This will make either OD or BM servers competing with each other ><

ChryZ

Good games, Ceb. That last CTF one sucked though, I'm sorry for that teamkill in the very last minute. I was totally spend :\

Ceb

No worries, man. I'm tired as hell myself. I saw someone dump a cluster bomb, but I still jumped out of my warhawk. :lol And yeah, our team in that CTF was hopeless for the most part.

ChryZ

Ceb said:
No worries, man. I'm tired as hell myself. I saw someone dump a cluster bomb, but I still jumped out of my warhawk. :lol And yeah, our team in that CTF was hopeless for the most part.
Yeah, that cluster bomb was mine ... but there was also the splash damage of a nearby jeep and I got nuked by turret missiles, so even more splash damage.

The recovery of the flag on their doorstep would have been at least a hint of saving grace :'(

itxaka

Defeatist
Noob Alert!!!!
------------------------

Just bougth Warkhawk, first time player and will love to play with some nice guys that allow me to be a bad player while I got the hang of it so feel free to add me for some matches

PSN: Itxaka

Don´t go rough on me. Also, I got no headset so no talk from me. Can I write messages while playing?

Cheers!

mintylurb

itxaka said:
Noob Alert!!!!
------------------------

Just bougth Warkhawk, first time player and will love to play with some nice guys that allow me to be a bad player while I got the hang of it so feel free to add me for some matches

PSN: Itxaka

Don´t go rough on me. Also, I got no headset so no talk from me. Can I write messages while playing?

Cheers!
Ahoy mate, welcome aboard! I ain't going to lie to you. Things are going to be rough for a bit since there are quite a bit of good players on just about every server. My suggestion is just stay on those level 1 servers until you get used to with the game.

For easy kills, play against ttob, methane, dear leader, etc. Oh, don't play with deepbrown. Good luck and have fun!

Top Bottom