• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Just downloaded the patch and messed around in a local game. First things first, the new menu music is AWESOME. It's such an epic-sounding score. Also, the wrench is pretty neat, I only wish it gave you the option of selecting between the wrench and the knife like it does with the BFE and land mines (there are some of us who don't have all the knife medals yet :D).

Since I was the only one in the local game, I couldn't test out how well the BFE works against enemies, but it heals teammates pretty quickly, so I'd guess it hurts enemies just as fast.

And also, does anyone have an answer for this?

Jack Scofield said:
http://www.warhawkstats.com/customizations.php

The pictures on this page can't be correct, right? I was looking through the different soldier customization options when I noticed that I already have the Sergeant Major outfits, even though I'm still only a Wing Leader. So are the stats messed up on the page, or did I somehow unlock those skins on accident?

And by the way, the Chernovan skin for Cmd Sergeant is bad-ass. Can't wait until I unlock that one.

EDIT: Also, I just noticed that I haven't unlocked Lower 5, even though the site says it's awarded at Wing Leader. What's going on?

Ceb said:
I noticed that it's a rehashed gameplay track. I prefer the old one.

It's the same track. I've purchased the soundtrack on itunes and have listened to that song a lot at work. It's the same song as the one on the menu screen, the 1.3 patch trailer and during gameplay.... I hum it all the time now when it plays.

Kazenone

What's the deal on the Warhawk PS3 forums; apparently you can't switch teams in TDM/CTF/ZNS come the Broken Mirror release. We know anything about that?

Ceb

Great games, ChryZ (and Steroyd for a little while).

Quick thoughts on the 1.3 changes...

Wrench: Rocks. HARD. Sooo useful for my playing style. I've already done a bunch of tank kills and heal-n-steals. Having a wrench guy in the tank hatch who obviously knows what he's doing can make a huge difference.

BFE: As an offensive measure, seems to be pretty useful for capturing small zones and pestering enemies that're stuck in their home base in TDM. It's always good to have a portable healing kit, of course.

.50 Cal: FINALLY useful (in my eyes, I know some people were already pretty deadly with it). You can destroy tanks, other jeeps and warhawks in no time. The fixed MG turrets are really, really good in CTF now.

WTF moment: Am I imagining things, or have they messed with the map icons? It's hard to make out warhawks on the map. Tanks look like jeeps.

Flag return times: I dunno. I played with 15-second return times, which worked well. Maybe a tad too fast.

MoonsaultSlayer said:
It's the same track. I've purchased the soundtrack on itunes and have listened to that song a lot at work. It's the same song as the one on the menu screen, the 1.3 patch trailer and during gameplay.... I hum it all the time now when it plays.

Oh, I meant I prefer the old menu music. I didn't mean to make it sound like this "new" track was a remix of any kind. :D

Kazenone

Ceb said:
WTF moment: Am I imagining things, or have they messed with the map icons? It's hard to make out warhawks on the map. Tanks look like jeeps.

Flag return times: I dunno. I played with 15-second return times, which worked well. Maybe a tad too fast.

Yeah, the icons are hard to see now if you're playing on a SD TV.

Impressions on 1.3'

Good:
+I had a hard time finding the BFE, but Wrenches are everywhere. Both a pretty fun
+Seeing who's talking is fantastic.
+.50Cals are awesome now

Bad (probably just short-term problems)
-Played a few games were player's names were blank
-Open Mic is stupid because sometimes it leaves the persons mic on so you hear a lot of feedback for ages
-At one point, I was driving through Archipelago and as soo as I got to the middle base I somehow appeared at my base.

Steroyd

Heh had to bail dinner was ready.

New update is awesome, felt like putting the unlimited health cheat on with the Biofield in the enemy base when you put it down attention is drawn away from you somewhat because it eats the enemies health funny seeing people trying to destroy it. :D

What's the .50? .

Ceb

I'll put up the server again soon. I dunno what happened with the friend slots the second time I put it up, btw. :(

Steroyd

Ceb said:
I'll put up the server again soon. I dunno what happened with the friend slots the second time I put it up, btw. :(

Damn I'll be there in about 30 minutes, got a Everybody's golf tournament right now. :/

Ceb

Sucks that nothing really came out of all that waiting. Yeah, at least Steroyd the punching bag was fun. :) I had fun listening to those bozos from that other clan.

Also, I think I can answer nohne's question:

What's the deal on the Warhawk PS3 forums; apparently you can't switch teams in TDM/CTF/ZNS come the Broken Mirror release. We know anything about that?

Looks like that's in effect as of now.

Wollan

Someone asked, regarding the Home functionality it doesn't work yet.
Hopefully the next Home patch will make it look for the plugin incorporated into Warhawk.

F-Pina

Tried the new patch and it is rather cool.
The Biofield helps a lot, and keeps guys with knifes away since enemys loose energy :D
I like the new music, maybe they could let you choose wich music you want in the main menu?

I am also using one of the new bonus skins :D

Jaeyden

Wollan said:
Someone asked, regarding the Home functionality it doesn't work yet.
Hopefully the next Home patch will make it look for the plugin incorporated into Warhawk.

Hopefully that next patch is a public beta...or at least a Jaeyden beta , seriously someone get me into it :D

Anyways, I'm becoming a big fan of the Wrench. Comes in very handy when you come up as the winner in a dog fight, land, capture a zone, fix yer hawk and get back to it.

User 406

Banned
Argh, fuckin' lock up! >:|

I really think there's something about the official servers that does this, because I never get lockups anywhere else.

Some good games there though. :D My very first game I used the BFG to help return the flag in a stalemate, and I used it several times to take bases while under fire. Very handy.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Jaeyden said:
Hopefully that next patch is a public beta...or at least a Jaeyden beta , seriously someone get me into it :D

Anyways, I'm becoming a big fan of the Wrench. Comes in very handy when you come up as the winner in a dog fight, land, capture a zone, fix yer hawk and get back to it.
Is that what the wrench does? Fix things?

carlos

Sea Manky said:
Argh, fuckin' lock up! >:|

I really think there's something about the official servers that does this, because I never get lockups anywhere else.

Some good games there though. :D My very first game I used the BFG to help return the flag in a stalemate, and I used it several times to take bases while under fire. Very handy.

Yeah, my ps3 froze up at the exact same time, apparently; I has hovering and blowing up a land mine right on the enemy flag on badlands, when suddenly, my warhawk disappeared and the camera started panning back very quickly towards our home base o_O
Then it froze up...friggin' scary

And I feel more relieved that it's probably not a problem with your system, but with sony's servers; Once I was playing against 14 people, when suddenly (mid-game) 8 of them suddenly leave all at once. A couple of them later said it was a system freeze, so I assume the servers are to blame.

Anyway, great seeing many of you out there (jaeyden, direstr8s, dirtywater, marquis, escalation, manky...I hope I didn't forget anyone)

I usually enter the evil blue servers since they usually have more capacity than player servers (32p) and there's constant turnover of players, so even if it's full, you can wait a couple of minutes and get in. (unlike that 24p player server manky was in that was full constantly).

About 1.3:

Sucks that the additions aren't useful for those who spend the majority of the time in the air....the time it takes me to look for a wrench would be better used to get powerups while flying.

I find the BFG should do more damage, people lay it down and you can just go right through ...

No team change option? wtf ?

Thank you incog, for finally showing who's talking; it's a bit intrusive at times, but it's worth it.

And thanks again for raising the points just a bit, that will make my journey through the dreaded "gap" just a bit more tolerable.

Hey I just started a NEOGAF server and plan on playing for a few hours. I'm pretty new at this game but would really like to play with some good team players who like to chat. Join in please! :)

- Team Vernia

P.S. - I'm a girl-gamer. Be gentle. And turn on open mics.

carlos

I would've liked to join, but I'm calling it quits for today, I have such a headache after 5-6 hours of play :(

Maybe next time...

mintylurb

Team Vernia said:
Hey I just started a NEOGAF server and plan on playing for a few hours. I'm pretty new at this game but would really like to play with some good team players who like to chat. Join in please! :)

- Team Vernia

P.S. - I'm a girl-gamer. Be gentle. And turn on open mics.
Hai, there!
oni60b.gif

Topher said:
Is that what the wrench does? Fix things?

I take it that you didn't read the in-game info box when you pick up new weapons? :D The wrench also damages enemy vehicles, and is a one-hit kill against soldiers. Basically just a Combat Blade with more features.

icechai

hmmm wow, the new update rocks a lot. Although I hardly use the biofield, tend to use wrenches more. But the machinegun gets soooooooooo much use!! Even driving up to zone cap area where teammates are and manning the jeep can turn the tide in your favor. I mean, I hardly played the ground besides get the spot with a tank and then warhawk it out of there. Now I find it fun to guard bases and drive around. Adding a different way to play the game for me definitely means these guys are doing something right. Slight delay now on respawn base picker is kinda weird, oh well.

Warhawk bonus paints are nice, but doesn't give enough incentive to level up.

Overall quite happy :) Also I think I'm getting better in the air, don't feel like a mad maniac when dodging missles anymore hehe.

Steroyd

Sea Manky said:

Yeah I found that helpful to, what would normally be near instant death taking a base means you can put up more of a fight. (providing you can dodge grenades in what little space there is).

The fact that the Biofields take 2 greande hits to kill makes it better.

Speaking of which do they explode when you lightning gun them?

User 406

Banned
I was already a big user of the jeep machine gun, now it's a beast. It actually locks on warhawks now too. Killed a couple tanks outright, and a guy attacking me with a flamethrower at pretty close range. Nobody better complain about the Bandit 4x4 badge anymore. :p

Haven't tried the lightning gun on a BFG, but I'd imagine it'll kill them after a few moments.

Oh, and I spotted a couple more wrenches I missed on Over the Bridges. At the far end of each bridge near the warhawk spawns. I'll update my post.

Steroyd

Anyone have any death issues with the new patch. :|

Every so often I seem to just randomly die as though I pressed suicide and I get no notification of how I died either. :|

mintylurb said:
Hai, there!
oni60b.gif

Uh oh - crazy lesbo action. :D

I noticed a lot of screen tearing on a non-badlands stage last night. It's that one stage with the loooong bridge over the river with Zone 4 on it. I forgot the name. :\

Also is it possible to kill a tank w/ wrench without suiciding?

User 406

Banned
The Take Out Bandit said:
Also is it possible to kill a tank w/ wrench without suiciding?

When I was testing it, I blew up a few tanks and didn't die. It might be like using a flamethrower on a tank, where when it blows up you take a little damage, but not nearly as much as if you were just next to it when it blew. Did you have low health at the time?

Steroyd

Sea Manky said:
When I was testing it, I blew up a few tanks and didn't die. It might be like using a flamethrower on a tank, where when it blows up you take a little damage, but not nearly as much as if you were just next to it when it blew. Did you have low health at the time?

My health was full and I suicided. :mad:

User 406

Banned
Huh. Well, I haven't done it to a manned tank yet, so maybe there's a difference. If so, step back and toss a grenade for the last bit. :D

Edit: Wait, no, I did do it to a manned tank when I was testing it. Let me try again.

Top Bottom