• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

itxaka

Defeatist
mintylurb said:
Ahoy mate, welcome aboard! I ain't going to lie to you. Things are going to be rough for a bit since there are quite a bit of good players on just about every server. My suggestion is just stay on those level 1 servers until you get used to with the game.

For easy kills, play against ttob, methane, dear leader, etc. Oh, don't play with deepbrown. Good luck and have fun!

just played my first 3 matches, fucking awesome!!

I was really bad until I got the game at all, but it doesn´t look that difficult to get up to date!

Looking forward to play with you guys!

BTW, should I get the expansion? is it worth?

itxaka said:
just played my first 3 matches, fucking awesome!!

I was really bad until I got the game at all, but it doesn´t look that difficult to get up to date!

Looking forward to play with you guys!

BTW, should I get the expansion? is it worth?

I really like Omega Dawn, but if you're strapped for cash you may want to wait for the next expansion as the APC looks like a much more fucking awesome vehicle than the Dropship. Which is tits, but is rarely used properly.

The APC looks like the Warhawk equivalent of the Bang Bus if the driver were The Humongous every passenger were Ed Norton in American History X. :lol

icechai

onadesertedisland said:
i kinda think omega dawn's level sucks

and the dropship is more trouble than it's worth

but i'll gladly buy anything warhawk at this point

great ctf lvl, don't really like it for much else :p

drop ship is also a savior for ctf games.

Basically if you play ctf a lot, omega dawn is pretty good.

Wollan

Patch is being applied to servers right now. Should be up again in less than seven hours:

Patch Notes v1.3 said:
Client-side updates for v1.3 patch:
- Bio-Field Emitter that creates a zone of healing for allies and a zone of damage for enemies.
- Mechanic's Field Wrench that can be used to repair allied vehicles and turrets as well as damage enemy vehicles and turrets.

Additional updates:
- Integration of new insignias and paint schemes
- Targeting enhanced for .50 caliber turret
- Point value update for CTF defend and flag-carrier kill
- Sudden death trigger fixed for CTF matches
- Disabled CTF flag throw/drop functionality
- HOME integration and game-launching
- New VOIP functionality

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=warhawk&thread.id=445830

Kazenone

Wollan said:
Patch is being applied to servers right now. Should be up again in less than seven hours:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=warhawk&thread.id=445830

Thank you Wollan! I don't know what I'm looking forward too more, new weapons or the new VOIP features :D

Btw, I'm still around if anyone was wondering. Just havent't been able to play as much due to holidays and such. I should be more active from this Thursday onwards. Same time as usual.

Ceb

I like Omega Factory a lot. It's fantastic for dogfights, and the medium layouts are interesting. I wish more people had it...

Also, playing UT3 reinforced once and for all my belief that Warhawk is the best online action available. Warhawk not only plays better, but IMO it actually looks much better too.

Steroyd

Downloading Patch 1.3 now.

Note: This is April 2nd. ;)

I hate slow patches. :mad:

SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

This is bloody rediculous for a 55MB download.

Steroyd

ChryZ said:
The awesome can not be measured in MB!

Yeah but the speed for my awesome to come is taking the piss.

Oi Sea_Manky you dead?

40% after 30 minutes is a bit much, damn Sony's 28k servers.

User 406

Banned
I love Omega Dawn, the dropship is a kickass vehicle when people use it right, and when they don't it's a kickass target. :D The map is great too, lots of complexity, and Hot Zone is the very best layout for small deathmatch games.

Guess I'll start downloading that patch.

Ceb

The patch is out!? Awesome. A bit early to start a long session now though. I'll put up !GAF later today with some friend slots.

ChryZ

theBishop said:
Are any of you guys in the Home beta? I want to test out the game launching feature this evening. :D
I am, but I can't test it ... my WarHawk is bound to my US account, the Beta to one of my EU accounts :\

ChryZ

FYI:

The patch is going live during our scheduled maintenance on April 2nd 10:00 GMT to 16:00 GMT. (that's wicked late tonight, 3am to 9am Pacific)

During the maintenance window, you will be able log into the Playstation Network and download the patch however you will not be able to play Warhawk until we bring all of our servers back online after the maintenance window is finished.

theBishop

Banned
Steroyd said:
Yep.

Want to test this out as well.

I'm going to see Boredoms and Lightning Bolt tonight, so I probably won't be Home until around 1AM EST. If you're still up, shoot me a friend request with your GAF handle in the message.

PSN: thebishop

Steroyd

theBishop said:
I'm going to see Boredoms and Lightning Bolt tonight, so I probably won't be Home until around 1AM EST. If you're still up, shoot me a friend request with your GAF handle in the message.

PSN: thebishop

hehe more like when I wake up.

User 406

Banned
Okay, tried out the wrench and bio field generator in a local game, they're awesome.

Observations:
During the respawn timer, your teams name is shown above it, nice touch.
Crashing your warhawk has a new fullscreen red flash effect.
The wrench makes a nice thud when hitting someone, a nice clang when repairing a vehicle, and a louder junk clash sound when damaging one. :D
4 wrench hits to repair/destroy a jeep, 7 for a tank. Destroying a vehicle doesn't increase your wrench points, although maybe it decreases at a lower rate than repair. Dunno.
The BFG heals you faster than an assault rifle can hurt you, but a flamethrower still wins.
Put a BFG on a jeep and it'll heal you when you're in the gunner's seat.
BFG takes two rocket/grenade hits to destroy, bastards are tough.
BFG lasts about thirty seconds or so, didn't time it.
You get 2 BFG's per pickup.
You alternate between mines and BFG when you have both by just selecting that direction again.
The 50 cal gun on the jeep can take out a tank in just under a single clip. >:D It's got 90 rounds now.
In the server settings, you can choose whether to have the wrench and BFG available or not.
Flag return timer options have been changed to 15/30/45/60/90, and it defaults to 45. I don't like this. :/

Overall, some pretty sweet stuff. Can't wait to see how the voice stuff works once I try it online. I'll probably still stick with PTT.

Ceb

Oh shit, I didn't think about creating a local game to try them out. Could you possibly give a short description of where to find the items on some of the maps?

User 406

Banned
Island Outpost, wrench in the vehicle garage, BFG in the land mine building. I'm searching through Omega Factory right now, and there's a BFG on the platform right above the base thingy at base 2, a wrench by the tank at base 1, a wrench by the tank in the garage at base 4, and a BFG on the roof of that garage. I'm guessing wrenches will be close by tanks on most maps.

User 406

Banned
Some more things:

The wrench respawns in four seconds!
BFG does last for thirty seconds, and the powerup takes 45 seconds to respawn. It also has a ten second reload time.
You can only deploy one BFG at a time, if you drop a second one, the first one disappears instantly.
BFG's will not set off enemy land mines.
Land mine explosions will take out a BFG instantly.
Other Island Outpost locations: Base 1: BFG in flamethrower building, wrench behind rocket launcher building. Bridge: BFG. Base 3: Wrench. Base 4: Wrench in building.

methane47

Just tried out the game here... and while the connection was much better than I expected in the caribbean.... It was still near unplayable for me... because I was playing on a maybe 15 year old SD TV which has lost its ability to clearly draw stuff on the screen... It's hard to get a clear image... :(

Anyways My HDTV should be getting here in a couple weeks... until then... i doubt I will be online much...

Steroyd

Bloody hell in CTF the middle base is important now because it's the only spawn with a Biolith mine. :|

Destroyed Capital that is.

User 406

Banned
Okay, think I found them all. I'll try to do this from memory. :X

I'll give the layout for the largest map, and then just list any changes to bases in the submaps.

Eucadia:
Battle for Eucadia:
Home Base: Wrench on top of cargo container.
Base 1: BFG in niche behind building where the flamethrower is.
Base 3: Wrench in sandbags next to tank.
Base 4: BFG on opposite side of bridge from tank.

High vs Low:
Low Home Base: BFG under colonnade facing the water.
High Home Base: BFG under water tower near landing pad.
Base 1: BFG on building deck opposite side from sniper rifle, wrench next to stairs on bottom level where the tank is.
Base 2: Wrench under corner of colonnade near flag.

Urban Strike:
North Base: Same as High vs Low.
South Base: BFG on shattered building ledge opposite other base's BFG.

Northern Bridge:
North Base: Same as High vs Low.
South Base: Same as High vs Low.

High City:
No wrenches or BFG's.

Island Outpost:
Island Battle:
Home Base: BFG in building with land mines, wrench in garage with tank.
Base 1: BFG in building with flamethrower, wrench in fenced in area behind building with rocket launcher.
Base 2: BFG on bridge near flag.
Base 3: Wrench next to bunker.
Base 4: Wrench inside building.

Over the Bridges:
Base 1: Wrench at end of bridge near warhawk spawn.

Standoff:
Base with Bunkers: BFG in usual wrench spot, wrench in sandbags by cliffside.
Base with Building: BFG on cliffside below tower with rocket launcher.

Main Base:
No wrenches.

Badlands:
Desert Warfare:
Home Base: Wrench in upper tank garage, BFG in small fenced in spot above flag.
Base 1: BFG and wrench on top of bunkers that don't have turrets.
Base 2: Wrench on wall of base.
Base 3: BFG and wrench on catwalks above flag.

Northern Front:
Base 1: No BFG.

Fortress:
No wrenches, a BFG on each warhawk landing pad.

South City:
No wrenches, BFG on top of broken wall near flag.

Destroyed Capitol:
High Rise Hop:
Base 1: BFG on opposite side of pillar from flag.
Base 3: Wrench by tanks.
Base 4: A BFG under both ledges facing the center gazebo.

King of the Hill:
Home Base: BFG on catwalk.

Garden Showdown:
No wrenches or BFG's.

Archipelago:
Island Warfare:
Home Base: BFG next to flak turret bunker on upper area.
Base 3: Wrench on top of cargo containers near tank, BFG on top of bunker on next ledge down.
Base 4: Wrenches in each main entranceway.

Castle Solitaire:
Home Base: BFG on top of cargo container near flag.

Castle Tug-O-War:
Center Base: No wrenches.

Omega Dawn:
Attrition:
Base 1: Wrench behind tank, BFG behind missile turret.
Base 2: Wrench by jeeps across small suspension bridge, BFG on platform above base pillar.
Base 4: Wrench in garage by tank, BFG on roof of same garage.

Inversion:
Home Base: Wrench near tank, BFG on top of rear of building where the missile turret is.

North Run:
Western Home Base: Wrench is in niche where tank is.

Hot Zone:
No wrenches, BFG in upper junction of chutes.

Rumble Dome:
BFG by big wall opposite cargo container.

Hope I got it all right. :X For the most part they're in pretty obvious places.

Oh, and it looks like if you're driving a tank or don't have the hatch open, you're safe from the bio field.

Top Bottom