• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Jaeyden

Steroyd said:
Anyone have any death issues with the new patch. :|

Every so often I seem to just randomly die as though I pressed suicide and I get no notification of how I died either. :|

Yeah. I got really frustrated yesterday while playing because of this, looked at the pings and there were a few people with really high pings. I'm convinced that the "weird random suicide/deaths" occur because of lag. Seems like framerates may have been effected just slightly worse with the patch. Like I'd mentioned before, a little bit of lag when selecting your spawn location (annoying) makes a quick respawn that much harder to get off in certain game types. I love the voice chat display, the jury is still out for me on open mic though. Wrench and BFG kick ass. I sat in the enemies base on Badlands yesterday and just picked people off for about 10 minutes, they would come at me with grenades as they respawned but I would just hop out and fix the tank in between waves of players.

User 406

Banned
Yep, killed a manned tank with my wrench, took a small amount of damage. Didn't die.

One thing's for sure, flag defense is going to be different. I was in a game last night where my team had a tank ON the flag, with a guy in the hatch with a wrench, and other people snagging BFG's and tossing them on the tank. Nothing short of a TOW was going to make a difference.

mintylurb

methane47 said:
COURSE NOT!!... I love warhawk too much to leave... its just I absolutely dread playing it on my std tv.... :(
buy a htdv then! 42inch ones are pretty cheap nowadays. You can pick one up for less than a grand.

icechai

Sea Manky said:
Yep, killed a manned tank with my wrench, took a small amount of damage. Didn't die.

One thing's for sure, flag defense is going to be different. I was in a game last night where my team had a tank ON the flag, with a guy in the hatch with a wrench, and other people snagging BFG's and tossing them on the tank. Nothing short of a TOW was going to make a difference.

hmm that does seem pretty awesome, would these work on the tank w/ bfg and wrench?
cluster on the tank, homing with 2 machineguns on it, homing + lightning

User 406

Banned
A well placed cluster would probably do it. This was on the Northern Bridge map, so there was only one TOW and cluster spawn, and not too many aircraft in the sky. Jeeps would keep coming in to get killed. I'm sure on a bigger map that wouldn't work as well, but it certainly opens up new avenues.

icechai

Sea Manky said:
A well placed cluster would probably do it. This was on the Northern Bridge map, so there was only one TOW and cluster spawn, and not too many aircraft in the sky. Jeeps would keep coming in to get killed. I'm sure on a bigger map that wouldn't work as well, but it certainly opens up new avenues.

What I noticed now are snipers are in more demand, as they are the best way to take out stationary machineguns and jeep ones. They could also take out tank hatch people.

I have to say, no more team switching sucks. When I join a friend/clan member's game, I want to be on the same team. I don't understand why Incognito would turn it off, because as of now it just makes it harder to have a fun game with friends (And yes, I know this is on official servers only, but my friends and I like 32 player games and Sony's servers are usually the only ones that can host that many people).

User 406

Banned
Actually, team switching is off and random teams are on on all ranked servers. If you want to play with your buddies on the same team, you'll have to join or set up an unranked game.

Apparently they did this to cut down on the rampant team stacking and blowouts that were going on. Personally, I'm cool with it. I did a tl;dr post on the subject here. :p

Jaeyden

BFG work particularly well when placed on the ceiling of a bunker if you get trapped inside, heals you from the inevitable grenade barrage and doesn't get blown up. Also noticed they get blown up less frequently if you choose to plant it on the flag pole as opposed to around the base when capturing a zone.

Edit: Nice write up Manky.

Sea Manky said:
Actually, team switching is off and random teams are on on all ranked servers. If you want to play with your buddies on the same team, you'll have to join or set up an unranked game.

Apparently they did this to cut down on the rampant team stacking and blowouts that were going on. Personally, I'm cool with it. I did a tl;dr post on the subject here. :p

Thanks for that. I didn't consider the randomized teams, so I guess it evens out in the end.

I can't believe some people want to go back to the 2 second respawn time, though. I guess they've never played a game of Zones. And there are people who would have rather PAID for the new Warhawk skins, and claim that now there's no incentive to rank up? Holy shit. I'm glad Incog didn't listen to those people.

User 406

Banned
"Those skins would have been awesome as a microtransaction download!"

iraqi_shut_up_bitch.jpg

I'd be up for a GAF game tonight. Gonna make some pad thai in a bit then I'll get on, so maybe an hour or so?

carlos

I'm up for it as well, I'll be on in about half an hour...

Remember to use your buddy list , not the clan list to find people;
why hasn't Incog fixed that yet :mad:

Any ideo of where we're going to meet up? I assume no one can set up a server....

I'm up for some training or a game tonight. My PSN name is TeamVernia. Send me an invite (Friend or Clan is the Clan still exists). I'm tired of mutes.

I was thinking maybe a planned training session sometime in the near future so as many new people could join as possible. Chances are the people who need the help aren't keeping up with this thread.

carlos

I wouldn't mind giving some pointers, the difficulty is getting the people together and in the same server.

(going online in 10 minutes)

[nCog]gergination or whatever has a hardon for me. Dude guns for my ass like a fly on shit.

he's really good and could have helped his team win if he didn't have a fixation on me.

carlos said:
I wouldn't mind giving some pointers, the difficulty is getting the people together and in the same server.

(going online in 10 minutes)

Hmmmm... Is that difficult? I was think a thread should be made inviting noobs to join a training session and in there a date and time would be set up that suits the most people. I've only ever joined public servers, so I don't know how difficult it is to set up a server everyone can join. Maybe this is more trouble than it's worth.

carlos

Holy crap, I was in that official server for only a couple of minutes, but I've never run into a bigger bunch of retards (and that's saying something).

Game starts, asshole steals my plane, but I get in anyway; he proceeds to hover without moving over our flag for 2 minutes while I plead for him to do something.

When I manage to get off, I get in a tank, and the dropship idiot picks me up, takes me accross the map even while I plead for him to put me down anywhere. He gets shot down near the enemy flag, but my tank is dropped on the edge of the mountains

I'm alive and stranded there, pleading for anyone including a couple of WH who pass over me, to pick me up; no one even acknowledges me.

Then I see that manky enters the game , and he's on the other team.....screw that...I got outta there...why even try helping those morons....I hope/ I KNOW they'll get blasted by manky.

This game is getting so tiring. I had a good plan. Tank driver and me with a rocket launcher to scare off the wh's and the god damn tank driver couldn't shoot a turret that I warned him well in advance of even once. AHHHH!!!!

round begins

cacophony gets in plane eats mine placed by gaffer

cacophony gets in plane eats mine placed by carlos

cacophony gets in plan eats mine placed by carlos

cacophony gets in plane....

lol

User 406

Banned
onadesertedisland said:
round begins

cacophony gets in plane eats mine placed by gaffer

cacophony gets in plane eats mine placed by carlos

cacophony gets in plan eats mine placed by carlos

cacophony gets in plane....

lol

Stop stealing my bit! :mad:

carlos

Good playing with you, Teamvernia; If you ever want to play with the rest of the clan, just give us a notice in advance of when you'll put the server up. I'm pretty sure we can get 8 players to join.
We really need to play together as a clan more often...

Carlos wrote up some nice Warhawk tips, didn't he? I know I learned some stuff when I read it, so it'll probably help out some of the new people if anyone can bother looking for them.

And I haven't played a !GAF game in awhile. We should get a game going this weekend or something. Since I haven't had much time to check out the new weapons, it'll be a great way to help familiarize myself with their spawn locations and such.

carlos

Those posts mentioned by Jack S. are 11624-11625, btw.

If anyone else would like a quick tutorial, let me know and we can set up a server; it felt pretty good to pass along on some wisdom.

Hey, and serious business: is the clan dead? I mean, are we gonna register for the new season on gamebattles and give it another go?

carlos said:
Those posts mentioned by Jack S. are 11624-11625, btw.

Ah, there we go! I would have never found it otherwise. For the lazy, here are the posts:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9857098&postcount=11623
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9857126&postcount=11624

If anyone else would like a quick tutorial, let me know and we can set up a server; it felt pretty good to pass along on some wisdom.

Be sure to post any extra-good info in this thread, please. I'm always up for new techniques. :D

Kazenone

I was playing until about 1AM GMT last night, but I guess that is still too early to play with some gaffers, no-one was online :-(

polyh3dron said:
fuck.. NOBODY uses mics in this game. It's annoying.

I don't know about that.

I seem to get quite a response when I'm on a loser team and calling them loser shitbags while killing enemy soldiers. And then I end up being the top player on the losing team. :lol

You really need to just find the right mix of people, but that is pretty rare. :\

Yeah thanks for the tips last night. This game will be way more fun with a few cheap tricks. :) I can't play much this weekend, but I'll have more time starting Mon. Take care.

Steroyd

The Take Out Bandit said:
I don't know about that.

I seem to get quite a response when I'm on a loser team and calling them loser shitbags while killing enemy soldiers. And then I end up being the top player on the losing team. :lol

You really need to just find the right mix of people, but that is pretty rare. :\

It's uber rare now that they've turned off team switching.

I HATE being stuck on a team that does nothing but defend and they're shit at it, I was capturing the flag time after time, but no-one came to help me period, I was better off just walking to my own flag, so I don't get attacked.

About 10 minutes to go and i said "fuck it" and sat by my flag doing nothing.

Kazenone

Jaeyden said:
If I'm not on your friends list, please add me. (Seeing as how they still can't get the clan list to update.)

Jaeyden, have we played together properly yet? I think we did a clan match late March but since then nothing :lol You on today?

Jaeyden

Kazenone said:
Jaeyden, have we played together properly yet? I think we did a clan match late March but since then nothing :lol You on today?

I can never join your matches. Y'all need to be playing the higher ranked servers :p
I'm pretty sure that Sea Manky, carlos and me are the only ones that can't play on the lvl 2 servers anymore. Anyone else out there?

I'll probably be on here in a little while.

Steroyd

I got bullshit knifed from Arkestra.

Good games, it felt like the game was randomly picking 2v1 Gaffer everytime and that 1 person was on a hopeless team. ~_~

ChryZ

Jaeyden said:
Did anyone else notice that deepbrown got banned for that 1.3 post on 4/1?
Woah, he is banned? Well, it wasn't me. I was just messing with him, when I said that I would report him.

Ceb

Good games, I had fun even when I was on the losing team. I kinda like that team switching is off to be honest. It makes you figure out the best way to deal with bad odds from the get go. I wish that the game would've picked the three of us to be on the same team at least once though.

EDIT: Wow, I didn't know any mods browsed this thread. :eek:

Jaeyden

ChryZ said:
Woah, he is banned? Well, it wasn't me. I was just messing with him, when I said that I would report him.

He sent me a message on PSN about 20 minutes ago. He thought it was you. I guess he got banned before he could see your response that says J/K. I told him I didn't think you would do something like that, and figured a mod probably just saw it.

Top Bottom