• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

methane47

Lol... ok... i tried my best.... How did it look on your screen? was I lagging or anything?

Only thing I know is that it's gonna be impossible for me to kill manky with my current connection... my slow internet + blurry SD screen makes Manky look like the flash to me. :lol

It actually took me a while to realize I was being killed by him... I was like... "Why can't I see who the hell is killing me!!" I'm just seeing what looks like a war hawk flying past me every couple minutes. lol..

That game on Ark's server was pretty good for me though... its easier to pick out targets on that stage for me..

My HDTV should be arriving next thursday though (crosses fingers)

ChryZ

Jaeyden said:
He sent me a message on PSN about 20 minutes ago. He thought it was you. I guess he got banned before he could see your response that says J/K. I told him I didn't think you would do something like that, and figured a mod probably just saw it.
I told him myself via PSN. that it wasn't me. I love to tease him, but trying to get him banned ... lol, yeah ... no

Jaeyden

I could understand a 3 mo. ban for posting a thread in general like.."Home is here!" on April first, but a 15 minute fuck around about 1.3 (which came out the next day) in a clan thread seems a little harsh to me.

Ceb

methane: I only checked your ping when you were on my server. It was just over 200. I didn't notice any laggy behavior from you.

Wow, it must've sucked being on the losing team in those matches on MrPips' server. 15-0 in that last CTF. :lol

methane47

Ceb said:
methane: I only checked your ping when you were on my server. It was just over 200. I didn't notice any laggy behavior from you.

Wow, it must've sucked being on the losing team in those matches on MrPips' server. 15-0 in that last CTF. :lol

Lol I couldn't tell what the score was... The text is too small and blurry!! lol

Blissful ignorance FTW!!! :lol :lol

User 406

Banned
Blagh, got disconnected right as time ran out. :p

Just as well, I guess, my flu is worse, I'm feeling woozy as fuck, and I probably shouldn't have been playing in the first place. =_=

Fady K

GUYS I need some help, a friend of mine picked up Warhawk with the jabra bt headset yesterday but theres a problem, his PS3 is at 2.20 firmware and there is no "register bluetooth device" theres now only the "manage" option and he had it charged fully (the headset that is) yet he still cant get the light to remain solid in order for the headset to be recognized by the scanning process. Any suggestions?

carlos

Sea Manky said:
Blagh, got disconnected right as time ran out. :p

I assume that was a problem on mr pips side, seeing as how the server went down and didn't record the stats from that last game. His servers been going up and down all night after that.

In fact, I had a new problem today, in that almost nothing I played was recorded; The time itself was added to my total time played, but the points remained the same >:/

We really have to try to set a specific time for playing together, I'm lucky if I run into one other person from here once in a while

itxaka

Defeatist
Felix Lighter said:
I was thinking maybe a planned training session sometime in the near future so as many new people could join as possible. Chances are the people who need the help aren't keeping up with this thread.

If it´s done I´m in! I need to practice with good people without getting killed every 5 seconds

JoeBroni

Neo Member
Anyone have problems playing right now? I never have problems with this game, but for whatever reason I kept getting booted from games/login issues all night tonight.

Kazenone

Jack Scofield said:
Can anyone tell me where the Bio-Field spawns on Acropolis Assault? I can't seem to find one anywhere.

9zxab6.jpg

On top of the little buildings in the areas highlighted above

Steroyd

Jack Scofield said:
Can anyone tell me where the Bio-Field spawns on Acropolis Assault? I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Destroyed Capital?

If it is, it's under the bridge things on the sides of the middle-most base.

Biofield is awesome I just need a pistol and a Biofield and I can take zones with just a pistol.

Kazenone said:
9zxab6.jpg

On top of the little buildings in the areas highlighted above

Ah, thanks. Can't believe I didn't see them before.

Steroyd said:
Biofield is awesome I just need a pistol and a Biofield and I can take zones with just a pistol.

I still haven't had time to acquaint myself with the new equipment. Perhaps a few !GAF games are needed this weekend? :D

Steroyd

Oh yeah Biofield for CTF is also awesome, if you manage to plant it on the jeep, that the enemy with a flag is trying to get away with, it's a nice clean kill.

Ceb

Steroyd said:
Oh yeah Biofield for CTF is also awesome, if you manage to plant it on the jeep, that the enemy with a flag is trying to get away with, it's a nice clean kill.

I still prefer mines for that job. :p

Steroyd

Ceb said:
I still prefer mines for that job. :p

Same result. :p

I hate it when I reduce the main base to 1 for a minute or 2 only to find out your team lost base 1, all that hard work for nought. :(

Did I tell you how awesome the Biofield was?

User 406

Banned
Ohwow.jpg

Turns out that while they turned team switching back on in the blues, they didn't turn team balancing back on. So now you're getting incredibly lopsided teams from people switching to the winning side no matter how many people are already on it. :X

Part of me wonders if Dylan did that deliberately to make a not-so-subtle point about team stacking. XD

Steroyd

Kazenone said:
Good game we had F-Pina/Steroyd (Where'd you go, you only had one game?)

I booked a tournament in Everybody's Golf, Warhawk's great for burning a half hour.

That and I was annoyed at my team for not keeping hold of the base closest to the enemies main base for 2 frikken minutes!!

F-Pina

Humm, i suicide once today while flying in a Warhawk, i was in the middle of the clear blue sky, connection problems maybe?

Hey Kazenone. Yeah, i was just burning time. At night i normally play longer.

mintylurb

Jaeyden

/Wave@F-Pina

Just been trying to get the most active GAF members on my friends list. The clan list doesn't update ingame in Warhawk... I recommend to everyone to try to fit clan members on there friends lists if you want to be able to find and play together easily.

carlos

LOL, Manky's running around a flagpole, so I time 2 granades perfectly that blow up in his face; he just turns around unscathed, fires an rpg that hits 10 feet away from me and I die...

and it happened the same way twice already, lol!

Man I hate lag...

edit; lol @team balance, 4vs 2 gaffers, plus the only 2 idiots on our side are teamkillers

haha and now my fucking warhawk wouldn't turn left or right while fighting with manky LOLOLOL

Good thing I'm taking it all in stride, or I would've had an aneurysm ages ago

mintylurb said:
I think it would've made more sense to keep team switching off for official servers but allow team switching for private servers..Ah well, back to more one-sided blowout games..

I came in here to say this. Makes more sense to regulate team switching in OFFICIAL servers, in my opinion.

Regardless of how you feel about this, you have to give credit to Incog for listening to the community.

icechai

Jaeyden said:
/Wave@F-Pina

Just been trying to get the most active GAF members on my friends list. The clan list doesn't update ingame in Warhawk... I recommend to everyone to try to fit clan members on there friends lists if you want to be able to find and play together easily.

add me Jaeyden!!! :p psn icechai

God fuck this!

Too much of getting teamed up with The Stupidest Motherfuckers On The Planet in this game.

Example: Four Chernovans make a flag run, get into the Eucadian flag base - I start clearing out mines. Make a run for the flag, get taken out by a mine I missed.

What happened to the other three fucktards? Who fucking knows. Probably shot to shit in their fucking incompetence.

Example: I'm making another flag run with Shitman66 - who in his keen observation, notices several minutes after the fact, that the Eucadians have captured our flag - sharp, and someone on our team grabbed the flag. We're standing in sight of it, and Sea Manky is recovering it. I start unloading with grenades and machine gun fire. Shitman66 sits there with his FUCKING THUMBS UP HIS GOD DAMN ASS doing jack and shit.

WHY IN THE FUCK ARE YOU EVEN GOING TO THE ENEMY BASE?! Are you askeered for your KDR? God fuck off.

Next in the TDM game we were just getting ass hammered. I'm in a tank with some fucking retard, doing my Wrench Fairy act repairing the thing while it's getting shot by another enemy tank.

Instead of returning fire, what does this useless cunt do? Bail out of the fucking tank and get killed.

Fuck all. I've had enough of this bullshit for the weekend. Thank god Army of Two came in the mail today. >:|

Well at least last night I had some really good games with - *gasp* - TEAMWORK. >:O

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Dude, a couple days ago I got off to an EXCELLENT start on archapellago and the fucking dropship picks up my tank while I'm taking the zone in the middle before I'm able to do shit. Then he starts getting fucked up as he flies away holding onto my tank and finally dies over water and I fall to my death. For the rest of the map we never got any zones on the middle island and we got crushed.

Yes, Warhawk will put you in touch with every fucking idiot on the planet.

Last night we were making a flag run with the dropship - after several successful runs.

Get to the base, grab the flag, steal a jeep - drive under the Dropship wait - "PICK ME UP!"

Wait. Get shot. Watch Dropship doing awkward dogfight with Nemesis.

"FUCKING PICK ME UP!"

Wait, get shot some more. Watch Dropship doing awkward dogfight with Nemesis.

"FUCK! WHEN YOU'RE READY TO PICK ME UP FLY OVER AND DO IT!"

*drive off*

Another round, I hop in a jeep and someone jumps in with me. There are mines in the road ahead that I can't shoot BECAUSE I'M FUCKING DRIVING - "Shoot the mines in the road!"

Dickhead starts shooting enemies ON FOOT behind us - "SHOOT THE FUCKING MINES!"

Enemies spawn and run to tank and blow both of our fucking monkey asses up. >:O

I'm considering just giving the game up for a while. Like Dynasty Warriors 3, I have dumped wayyyy too much time into this game and I'm starting to feel massively guilty about it. I just passed the 200 hour mark last night.

Not to mention I'm really fucking bad about playing the game for 10 hours in a row. >:O

Ceb

Wow, lots of good games there. Great turnout too.

You know, I have to admit I thought we were gonna win that 10,000 points ZNS game, but we were FUBAR even before people on our team started to leave en masse.

EDIT: lol @ TTOB's stories. No game can get me as worked up as Warhawk can. :(

User 406

Banned
Well, I had fun, some well contested games as well as some one sided games in that batch. They're not all stacked. :p

At least it distracted me from my horrible flu for a while. =_=

I think in the end I do much prefer completely random teams. If I'm in a strong team we don't end up always running a train on the other team forever, and if I'm on a weak team, well, I do what I can and wait for the next game. XD

carlos

Yeah, I'm with you TTOB, on feeling guilty about playing too much...I'm seriously thinking of quitting and only playing if the !GAF is up. Or maybe the MGO beta will help me forget about WH....

Anyway, the people that are still online Manky, nonhe, vernia, etc. is anyone going to keep on playing? or is that it for today?

I particularly enjoyed that zones game that ended 5032-5024; INTENSE!

edit: I'm in mr pips if anyone wants to join

User 406

Banned
Why do you guys feel guilty about getting a lot of playtime out of a single game? I'd say that's a fantastic value. Unless you're talking about neglecting real world shit to do. :X

Maybe I'll wait for other games to come down to five bux. XD

Edit: Carlos, I'm gonna take a break for dinner, might pop on later.

Ceb

Yeah, really epic Zones game there. carlos was this close to getting away with capturing our base 1 near the end, which would've tipped the score to the other team's favor.

Sea Manky said:
Unless you're talking about neglecting real world shit to do. :X

Pretty much this for me.

Can't work a full time job, draw, exercise, do house keeping, etc. when I'm binge playing Warhawk on the weekend fucking up my sleep schedule and just throwing everything off.

There's other shit in life for me that's more important than video games, I just play video games because it's the easiest of the options. Turn on, tune out. :\

I guess it's better having a nerd addictive personality though. If I had this same addictive tendency with drinking, or back when I tried smoking in high school. . . :p

Top Bottom