• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

slider

I had a hair-raising time. Ditched my Warhawk as it was about to be taken out and there I was all alone in the middle of the snow. What do I see? An enemy APC heading towards me. I made it up to an elevated road where we spent at least five minutes with the APC charging at me and me running around like a headless chicken.

Sorry Kazenone!

My PSN ID is hank_scorpio if anyone's interested...

xeimgm.jpg

User 406

Banned
Weird, I can't find Broken Mirror either in the in game downloads or on the PSN store.

Let me try rebooting.

Edit: Nope, nowhere to be found. Guess BM is Europe only at present.

And yay, the new Pro servers have FF on! :D Only 75%, but at least now spamming ordinance will have consequences again.

slider

Steroyd said:
I'll play Warhawk after I d/l the MGO system update.

*5 hours later...*

:mad:

:)<

:lol

I cancelled the MGO system update after reading of people's experiences. Cancel it too! Do it. Do it now. And check out BM instead. Sacrilege to some but... MGO will wait.

Ceb

Holy hell, the Glacier seems like a pretty awesome map. You have these high satellite dishes that are perfect for sniping/binocing, then there's the scalable buildings in Olsavik village (mentioned before) and the super-cool abandonded highway. Turrets are mounted at interesting places, everything seems really neat. It looks great too.

Btw, the APC gets destroyed instantly by a TOW. Death trap on wheels. Air superiority will be very important if a team wants to keep the APC alive.

!GAF Vapor will go up at 21:00 CET. Will throw in plenty of buddy slots. Predominantly Vaporfield Glacier, ranked, no pass.

User 406

Banned
The warhawk boards are going nuts with people whining about Europe and Japan getting it first. "THEY SHOULD MAKE IT UP TO THE US BY MAKING IT FREE!!!!" "DYLAN SHOULD PAY _US_ FOR DOWNLOADING BROKEN MIRROR!!!!!!" "WHY GOD, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?"
I swear, it's a few hours difference, calm the fuck down people. :p

Someone in one of the threads mentioned that US PSN Store updates on Thursdays usually happen around 5pm EST, dunno how accurate that is.

Did a short stint in a pro server, so nice to have FF back on in the blues. :D Looks like they've set zones games to 7500 points and CTF to 5 captures.

Edit: lolz, spoke too soon, BM is up in the downloads section within the game. Downloading now. :D

User 406

Banned
DYLAN JOBE SHOULD GIVE ME A BILLION DOLLARS AND A PONY FOR RIPPING ME OFF BY OFFERING THIS COMBO PACK TO OTHER PEOPLE!!!!!! XP

Tooling around the glacier in a local game, this is awesome. :D The APC looks to be another great addition to the game. Shield sticks around for thirty seconds or so, or you can blow up the generator inside with a couple grenades, or you can even destroy it from outside with a fully charged lightning shot. Takes a long time to recharge so it shouldn't be too abuseable. The ram charge is sweet, destroys everything except tanks in one shot, yes, that includes warhawks and other APCs. You can only spawn in an APC if it's manned, as expected. However, you can be in one of the hatches instead of driving and it'll still work as a spawn. Also, if you're in the process of spawning and then someone bails, you'll still spawn in it, unless an enemy gets in it first, in which case your spawn is cancelled. For your free random weapon powerup, it looks like you can get anything but the wrench.

Time to explore the map! :D

Oh wow, they also put up the booster combo...Omega Dawn and Broken Mirror for $11.99 (if I remember correctly). Hopefully a lot of people download it. They need to let people know about it somehow.

carlos

Goddamnit, stop talking about the awesomeness of the APC and Vaporfield, I'm trying to break my addiction to WH (almost a week now)....

User 406

Banned
carlos: The weather effects are neat. :D And there's a really deep circular chasm at the center of the map you can fly down into with powerups. >:D

And it turns out there is a "EARLY ADOPTERS OF THE BOOSTER PACK GET RIPPED OFF BY THE DOUBLE PACK SNIF CRY" thread on the warhawk boards. XD

Sea Manky said:
And it turns out there is a "EARLY ADOPTERS OF THE BOOSTER PACK GET RIPPED OFF BY THE DOUBLE PACK SNIF CRY" thread on the warhawk boards. XD

I hate people. Really, I do. Do they not realize that more people with Omega Dawn/Broken Mirror = more games with Omega Dawn and Broken Mirror game elements?

Don't tell anyone on the PS3 boards that the PS3 has dropped $200 since launch (!!!). Early adopters screwed over again!

dralla

Jack Scofield said:
Oh wow, they also put up the booster combo...Omega Dawn and Broken Mirror for $11.99 (if I remember correctly). Hopefully a lot of people download it. They need to let people know about it somehow.

holy shit really!? definitely buying it

edit. im downloading it now, new PS Store ftw

FabCam

Great map. I love the idea of having the mobile spawn points. I had a team with a lot of mics and we co-ordinated some good CTF runs. 1 guy drives into the enemy base and sets up the shield. Everyone spawn into the APC. Steal the flag and boost out.

dralla

Sea Manky said:
I CALLED IT!

Try putting a TOW dead center on that little dimple on the top of an APC shield. ^_^

it blocks TOW missles as well? im guessing if by the way you worded it the TOW will break it if you hit it at the right spot

User 406

Banned
dralla said:
it blocks TOW missles as well? im guessing if by the way you worded it the TOW will break it if you hit it at the right spot

Yeah, the shield blocks everything with impunity except a charged lightning shot, unless you hit the center of that dimple with a TOW. Depending on how accurate you are, you'll either disable the shield, or disable the shield and destroy the APC. Rox. XD

Ceb

Heh, I suppose it's a bit too early to hope for a lot of people to join a BM server. :D Oh well, I had some fun 1 vs 1 CTF thanks to the new bubble shield. XD

Ceb

Jack Scofield said:
I'm been flying around Vaporfield Glacier for about five minutes and I still haven't found a TOW or land mines. Help?

Depends on the layout. When the TOW is not directly above Olsavik, on some maps it's in a chasm under an ice bridge in the northwest edge of the village. You can see the "bridge" on the map.

Ceb

I'll put it back up again in a bit, give it another shot.

Btw, the best thing about the APC's bubble shield? The wonderful sound effect when grenades just disappear into it. :D Also, a straight-on hit from the binocs on the bubble shield does nothing.

dralla

wow, VG is big and has a ton of mid-sized layouts. I hope all the servers aren't going to run the same midsized layout for CTF games like it does with Eucadia, I hope they mix it up.

little dissapointed you can't ram Tanks with the APC

User 406

Banned
Man, and I thought Omega Dawn was big.

At any rate, let me detail the stuff I've found:

You can do a wallride from beneath the end of the main base up and over the hangar to get a gap.

Just south of that is a kicker above a cliff you can use to get some big air.

The Evel Knievel gap is obtained by doing an ollie anywhere over the central circular chasm.

Somewhere down below the main base is a quarter pipe with a lip you can use to do a front flip. In the same area is a small slope that you can use to kick to a vertical wall and get some amazing air straight up.

There's a number of places in the halfpipe snake you can use your super to ollie up to the elevated road.

There's a pretty obvious kicker in the center town that will give you a gap over a set of houses.

Still haven't found all the S-K-A-T-E letters yet.

Yeah, so knife kills have to be the most obnoxious thing in the game. I could be standing right next to an enemy and swing away to no effect, while he gets me from a few feet away.

That Zones game was horrible. I couldn't have done worse if I tried, and there were many bullshit moments. :mad: ARRGGGHHHHH!

Steroyd

Jack Scofield said:
Yeah, so knife kills have to be the most obnoxious thing in the game. I could be standing right next to an enemy and swing away to no effect, while he gets me from a few feet away.

I spent ages trying to hack you, how the hell can people just walk up to me and knife in one swing. :/

Playing Warhawk and not knowing where I'm going is as annoying as playing with random crap people.

Jaeyden

Can't wait to start exploring this pack. Maybe get some tine later tonight. I'm sure there'll be some GAFfers on.....& Dammit carlos!! There will be no quitting WH for you mister. :p

Thrakier said:
Where are the Level 2 servers?

They changed up all the servers...for the worse, in my opinion. Now you have three tiers to choose from, newbie, casual, and pro. You can read more about them when you sign into Warhawk and the information box pops up.

I just discovered that they have balancing off...again. They also got rid of the "LRG" map variant servers, and team switch is still here. It's becoming a clusterfuck.

dralla

The Lobby system needs a complete overhaul, it's so convoluted and confusing. There's the normal maps, the OD, and the BM maps..now you mix in the Newbie, Casual, and Pro tiers, it's just too much. This should be priority 1 in the next patch.

and why is the text so small for the server list

Top Bottom