• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Safe Bet

Banned
I'll be buying the download version so invites for GAFw should be going out late tonight and/or early tommorow morning.

Grayman...

The PS3 is my main means of accesing the internet atm, so it'd be best for me if we used GAF to communicate clan business for now.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay, so tomorrow, every one of you will play Warhawk :(...?

Oh, and where can I read about how many GAF Europe people there are?

Crisis

Banned
I searched way harder to find this thread again than I should have. :lol Can we sticky this one? It's just as deserving as the other ones up top.

tha_con

Banned
^^^^ Uhh, that won't happen. I don't think we'll see a PS3 game get a sticky anytime before...well...ever. It just won't happen on GAF.

Raist said:
No. Somewhere around mid september IIRC

Are you talking about Europe? Because stateside, it still ships tomorrow, and should be in stores by Wed.

tha_con said:
^^^^ Uhh, that won't happen. I don't think we'll see a PS3 game get a sticky anytime before...well...ever. It just won't happen on GAF.

Didn't Ninja Gaiden Sigma or Virtua Fighter 5 get tha stix? I'm pretty sure even Sony keynotes have gotten stickied at one time or another. It has nothing to do with bias.

tha_con

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
Didn't Ninja Gaiden Sigma or Virtua Fighter 5 get tha stix? I'm pretty sure even Sony keynotes have gotten stickied at one time or another. It has nothing to do with bias.

That wasn't necessarily what I was trying to suggest. What I'm saying is, there generally aren't enough members of GAF playing game (x) to justify a sticky thread.

With Bioshock, there were dozens of members posting up threads every hour. That just won't happen with Warhawk.

Though, it still puzzles me why the Halo 3 beta thread got 'stickied' yet the Resistance thread, which still runs strong as ever, has never recieved a sticky.

tha_con said:
That wasn't necessarily what I was trying to suggest. What I'm saying is, there generally aren't enough members of GAF playing game (x) to justify a sticky thread.

With Bioshock, there were dozens of members posting up threads every hour. That just won't happen with Warhawk.

Though, it still puzzles me why the Halo 3 beta thread got 'stickied' yet the Resistance thread, which still runs strong as ever, has never recieved a sticky.

I'm pretty sure the standard requirement, don't quote me, is a thread that needs some extra care and attention or is just monumental (e3, Halo Beta). The Resistance thread has never needed such a boost because, as you noted, it is a massive and wondrous thing.

Raist

Banned
tha_con said:

No, it's fine like it is, so that we can bump the resistance thread whenever there are new halo threads

don't laugh, someone actually said this

So, midnight download party / clan warfare tonight? GAF East is full, so I got bumped to GAF North.

Here's hoping the downloads are good speed tonight.

Something for me to actually turn on my PS3 for, and to put aside Bioshock for.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
sonycowboy said:
So, midnight download party / clan warfare tonight? GAF East is full, so I got bumped to GAF North.

it's going up at midnight? I was expecting it not until tomorrow night.

tha_con said:

The Bioshock thread really shouldn't be stickied according to the "rules". It doesn't need it. Sticky's are primarily intended to be for news related, don't miss this kind of things, or public service kinds of threads where the volume may not necessarily be high enough to keep it on the first page.

Pachimari

Hmm... actually it does look kinda interesting but I'm bugged if I should buy the downloadable version or the blu-ray disk. I got a Jabra 125 so I don't know if it's worth getting the blu-ray version; there were other extras as well right?

I wish there could be a demo for this kinda game but that's not possible.. I think I will loan it by someone.

Seiken said:
Okay, so tomorrow, every one of you will play Warhawk :(...?

Oh, and where can I read about how many GAF Europe people there are?

I will probably get mine Wednesday or Thursday since I'm getting it sent from bestbuy.ca

Hopefully Wednesday.

Madman

sonycowboy said:
The Bioshock thread really shouldn't be stickied according to the "rules". It doesn't need it. Sticky's are primarily intended to be for news related, don't miss this kind of things, or public service kinds of threads where the volume may not necessarily be high enough to keep it on the first page.
Well, that explains the Metroid Prime and Halo 3 threads being stickied...

Oh yeah, where are the Warhawk reviews? It's hours away from release, and not one of the major sites has reviewed it. Heavenly Sword is coming out weeks from now and has already recieved reviews, before Warhawk and Lair. Can anyone explain this?

besada

Banned
So the downloadable will be out tonight, but those of us that were going to get the in-store will have to wait until September? Screw that. I guess I'll buy the downloadable and pick up a headset. Bad enough that so many people were in the Beta, but there's no way I'm going to catch up if I have to wait until September.

Raist

Banned
besada said:
So the downloadable will be out tonight, but those of us that were going to get the in-store will have to wait until September? Screw that. I guess I'll buy the downloadable and pick up a headset. Bad enough that so many people were in the Beta, but there's no way I'm going to catch up if I have to wait until September.

If you live in the US? you can get it tomorrow afaik.

It's in europe that it's "delayed" until mid sept.

besada said:

It's shipping Wednesday and will be some gamestop/EB's late Wednesday and everywhere Thursday, right?

Madman

sonycowboy said:
It's shipping Wednesday and will be some gamestop/EB's late Wednesday and everywhere Thursday, right?
Huh? Where did you hear that? I thought pretty much every piece of media out there releases Tuesday. Why would that change?

PleoMax

Banned
Hey so, for those of us in Europe, we will get the game earlier right? :D

(PSN of course). I gotta get it downloading sooner anyway, my download speeds from PSN aren't that great.

Madman said:
Huh? Where did you hear that? I thought pretty much every piece of media out there releases Tuesday. Why would that change?

Sony, for some stupid reason, almost exclusively ships titles on Wednesday, unlike every other publisher out there. In the cirulars this week, I saw the ads mention in-store Thursday.

I haven't seen the official PR, but I figured their form would hold true on this. Have they changed this policy of ship date lately?

Raist

Banned
PleoMax said:
Hey so, for those of us in Europe, we will get the game earlier right? :D

(PSN of course). I gotta get it downloading sooner anyway, my download speeds from PSN aren't that great.

Well, the website actually stands for US and canada, so I really don't know what will happen for europe.

SCEE ftw, as always :(

Safe Bet

Banned
sonycowboy said:

So are we going to play against each other tonight on private servers or our we going to form up into 16 man teams and slaughter unsuspecting victims on the public servers?

*manical laughter*

Also, I agree...

It will be nice to do something with my PS3 beside watching movies and surfing the webz.

UPDATE FOR GAFe: Since I pre-ordered the disc version I will not be on till Wednesday night. I will send out clan invites at that time. If the retail version works the same way as the beta I will not be able to send you an invite till you log into Warhawk at least once.

If the game tells me I can't invite you on Wednesday I will attempt to send out invites again on Thursday so you can join for our showdown.

WOWHAWK!

Madman

sonycowboy said:
Sony, for some stupid reason, almost exclusively ships titles on Wednesday, unlike every other publisher out there. In the cirulars this week, I saw the ads mention in-store Thursday.

I haven't seen the official PR, but I figured their form would hold true on this. Have they changed this policy of ship date lately?
All I know is that my Best Buy has every new game, CD, DVD, ect. on Tuesday. They had God of War 2 on a Tuesday.

Safe Bet

Banned
Madman said:
Oh yeah, where are the Warhawk reviews? It's hours away from release, and not one of the major sites has reviewed it.
I know pre-release reviews are good for consumers, but it is nearly impossible to review an online game without the online community being present imo.

I hope reviewers are waiting to publish until they get a chance to play with more than just a handfull of people.

gcubed

UnholySpectacle said:
UPDATE FOR GAFe: Since I pre-ordered the disc version I will not be on till Wednesday night. I will send out clan invites at that time. If the retail version works the same way as the beta I will not be able to send you an invite till you log into Warhawk at least once.

If the game tells me I can't invite you on Wednesday I will attempt to send out invites again on Thursday so you can join for our showdown.

WOWHAWK!

sweet, i'll try to shake off the rust Tuesday

Madman

sonycowboy said:

I just checked my local flyer, and you're right. It releases Thursday. Why in the hell do they do that? :lol

Trevelyan

Banned
UnholySpectacle said:

WOWHAWK!

Sounds good. I'll see you then.

Firewire

Banned
UnholySpectacle said:

WOWHAWK!

Just spoke with my local EB, they think there's a good chance they will have them tomorrow afternoon. Although they aren't positive about it, they think theres a 50-50 chance.

gcubed

Firewire said:
Just spoke with my local EB, they think there's a good chance they will have them tomorrow afternoon. Although they aren't positive about it, they think theres a 50-50 chance.

thats a 50-50 chance of pure awesomeness

Sorry, don't feel like reading through the 29 pages :p but read an argument a few pages back and just want to be clear...

There is no offline mode vs Bots?

How else are you suppose to train and get use to the game without getting wtf owned by eleven year olds? :(

Madman

Safe Bet said:
I know pre-release reviews are good for consumers, but it is nearly impossible to review an online game without the online community being present imo.

I hope reviewers are waiting to publish until they get a chance to play with more than just a handfull of people.
I guess, but that doesn't explain Lair. Lair comes out before HS, but HS has been reviewed yet most sites have not reviewed Lair.

Madman

DemDereNads said:
Sorry, don't feel like reading through the 29 pages :p but read an argument a few pages back and just want to be clear...

There is no offline mode vs Bots?

How else are you suppose to train and get use to the game without getting wtf owned by eleven year olds? :(
Split screen with a friend or make a private game.

Top Bottom