• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

dralla

I don't think you can really "wait it out", by that time other WH's will come and take him down. or someone in the APC will have a RL and shoot it down. and someone will most likely have a wrench and heal the APC as well.

Steroyd

dralla said:
god damn the APC is godlike for capturing flags. It's fast, takes a ton of damage, holds 6 people, and Warhawks can't do shit to it because of the bubble shield.

And encourages teamwork, I've never seen so many people take a zone so far outside of their own main base.

Ceb

Ugh, I just had one of my worst games on an official server. Tons of lag-related deaths, a noobish tank driver who gave me a ride into the water when I had the flag... and then the game froze on me. -_-

dralla

The new servers suck, why are all games now 30 minutes and 5 cap limits/7500 point limits, too long. bring back the mid-sized servers or else

mintylurb

Ceb said:
Ugh, I just had one of my worst games on an official server. Tons of lag-related deaths, a noobish tank driver who gave me a ride into the water when I had the flag... and then the game froze on me. -_-
well, I've had 2 freezes since updating to 1.31. Until the update, I haven't a single freeze in over a month. And I just bought the new expansion pack as well..gahh

icechai

dralla said:
god damn the APC is godlike for capturing flags. It's fast, takes a ton of damage, holds 6 people, and Warhawks can't do shit to it because of the bubble shield.

APCs are great for quick spawning but they are huge baits and very weak when people know what to do. One APC dash destroys another APC, 1 tow down the middle of the bubble or on a apc en route to a zone.

What a shitty game I just played. On Destroyed Capitol, no one on my team decided that leaving the base was a good idea, so it was up to me to capture as many spawn points as possible. The thing that put me over the edge was the fact that everywhere I seemed to go, I would meet the same goddamn player, and we'd exchange kills. He's probably going to be my new "Most killed by ______" and that's going to piss me off every single time I see it.

What a fucking horrible team.

EDIT: Yep, there he is, eight kills. Fucker.

carlos

Jack Scofield said:
What a shitty game I just played. On Destroyed Capitol, no one on my team decided that leaving the base was a good idea, so it was up to me to capture as many spawn points as possible. The thing that put me over the edge was the fact that everywhere I seemed to go, I would meet the same goddamn player, and we'd exchange kills. He's probably going to be my new "Most killed by ______" and that's going to piss me off every single time I see it.

What a fucking horrible team.

EDIT: Yep, there he is, eight kills. Fucker.

that's bad, but at least running into the guy was coincidental; now imagine being on a pinned down team in the badlands for 30 minutes, and one guy for some reason decides to target you exclusively >:/

the guy would hover just over our base with invisibility and TOW me repeatedly as soon as he saw me respawn. if I managed to get to a plane it was me against 8-10, with him usually getting the kill.

he ended up as my "most killed by:", obviously, with 16...I don't know what that douchebag's problem was but then he starts sending constant psn messages harrassing me as well... I blocked him, of course

unfortunately, the couple of times I've ran into him afterwards, his team has been controlling the air, so I've never managed to get some revenge ;)

Jaeyden

My most killed by is Sea_Manky

200px-Face-surprise.svg.png

Yay, finally unlocked Comman Sergeant. Now I can outfit my character with ridiculously bright colors. :D I might just keep my guys looking normal, though, I'm not sure how much my bright blue guy sticks out in the environment.

carlos

Phantast2k said:
carlos, why don't you reveal his name so we can gang rape him once we see him around?

lol, I wish

Don't get me wrong, he's pretty good, it's too bad he has to be an asshole as well. He's one of those "I won't get off my warhawk for any reason" types, who just flies around killing without caring about the bases or flag situation.

But nah, I don't think it would be fair to single him out....besides I think you could see who he is if you check on my profile from the clan list.

btw if anyone is planning to play tonight, send me a pm or something and I'll follow you into whatever server you're on (I'm tired of playing all alone)

Oni Jazar

I love the new map. Even the smallest CTF version. Very cool layout with nice little paths and strategies.

Finally got to Chief Sargeant. I don't play too often, but I have yet to grow tired of the game.

carlos said:
that's bad, but at least running into the guy was coincidental; now imagine being on a pinned down team in the badlands for 30 minutes, and one guy for some reason decides to target you exclusively >:/

the guy would hover just over our base with invisibility and TOW me repeatedly as soon as he saw me respawn. if I managed to get to a plane it was me against 8-10, with him usually getting the kill.

he ended up as my "most killed by:", obviously, with 16...I don't know what that douchebag's problem was but then he starts sending constant psn messages harrassing me as well... I blocked him, of course

unfortunately, the couple of times I've ran into him afterwards, his team has been controlling the air, so I've never managed to get some revenge ;)
same thing has happened to me many times.

once by that ncog gergination guy and another by gi sclera

being on team r and trying to rambo out of the situation seems to piss these testosterone cesspits off.

carlos

onadesertedisland said:
same thing has happened to me many times.

once by that ncog gergination guy and another by gi sclera

being on team r and trying to rambo out of the situation seems to piss these testosterone cesspits off.

Well if it makes you feel any better, in one of my last games I ran Sclera right out of the room after killing him 8 straight times in the air :)

Those were some great games, Jaeyden, especially the last match on The Badlands. Man oh man, good times.

EDIT: Nooooo! For some reason, Warhawk decided NOT to update my stats for that match. It was one of my best games ever, too. I made a new record for points IAR on The Badlands, but now it's forever lost in the abyss. :(

Dammit.

Jaeyden

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out how we lost the Eucadia zones match. We started out with about a 1000 point lead and then it seemed like our team disappeared. LOL - frustrating - although we did occupy 1st and 2nd spot on the scoreboard when it was finished. Sucks about that badlands match...saw you had 46 K's at the end of that one.:D

Steroyd

I had a game with Ceb earlier on the blue team, was interesting how the APC made the whole team end up at the enemy base while Sea_Manky's Red team just pick off all the zones we left behind en route. :lol

Ceb

Steroyd said:
I had a game with Ceb earlier on the blue team, was interesting how the APC made the whole team end up at the enemy base while Sea_Manky's Red team just pick off all the zones we left behind en route. :lol

Yeah, urrrgh. Tight spot > comeback > tight spot > comeback > total annihilation. :(

Downloading Broken Mirror now. :(

Man, I kind of wish they'd add motorcycles to this game. Absolute shit armor, almost a danger to ride; but hella fast. So I can get my John Woo movie going on.

Or they can go with the Delta Force motorcycle with rockets. :D

Additionally, after seeing too many Navy commercials - I want to see an unmanned drone for ground troops. I don't know what it would do. Maybe be another air strike or perhaps like a ground troop TOW equivalent. :p

Also, gimme my custom soundtracks! >:O

acevans2

Is there a Warhawk Clan on NeoGAF, or what? Because since Broken Mirror and V1.3, I've been playing a lot and I'd like to play with some people that have mic's. It takes away the fun when you're just being frustrated that your teammates are just going around killing and dying with no regard to the objectives.

The APC and the healing items are awesome though. Changes up battles a lot more.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Contemplating on grabbing this after I talked to Wasabi (I think) about it a little a few days ago. He told me to give it a rental and try it out, but I haven't found a store renting it. I haven't been playing my usual multiplayer fixes in BF1942, CoD4 or TF2.. so I'm keen for something a bit different.

Is it too late to jump into the ship?

dralla

the new servers make it a hard game to recommend to new comers. if you don't mind getting your ass kicked for a while before you get the hang of it, than I'd probably buy it. You can get it used for cheap [assuming you want the blu-ray version]

speedpop said:
Contemplating on grabbing this after I talked to Wasabi (I think) about it a little a few days ago. He told me to give it a rental and try it out, but I haven't found a store renting it. I haven't been playing my usual multiplayer fixes in BF1942, CoD4 or TF2.. so I'm keen for something a bit different.

Is it too late to jump into the ship?

No. But the learning curve is brutal, especially now with the new server layouts. But it was always brutal, and honestly the best way to learn is by watching how good players kill you. And there are still some newbie servers available.

If you're interested in it because you want aircraft combat, it's gonna be rough. Personally it took me almost 100 hours before I used the Warhawk as anything but a glorified taxi. It's incredibly rewarding once you're comfortable though.

You'll have lots of fun ground pounding right from the start, even if it's hard. You've got plenty of tools and space to play a stealthy game, killing from afar. And if you want to get involved with the big skirmishes, the game is insanely frenetic and fun even when you fail.

If you get it, play online split-screen with a friend on a unranked server. Lots of people messing around, lots of time and space to experiment.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
revolverjgw said:
If you're interested in it because you want aircraft combat, it's gonna be rough. Personally it took me almost 100 hours before I used the Warhawk as anything but a glorified taxi. It's incredibly rewarding once you're comfortable though.
Awesome. Seems similar in BF1942 in respects to that. The airplanes can be very devastating, but there's no use jumping in one if you don't know how to take on a good pilot as well as pound the anti-air and tanks.

I'm not too concerned about learning curves either so I might grab it when I get GTA IV on Tuesday.

User 406

Banned
revolverjgw said:

If you've already got a lot of experience with air combat games (not just Ace Combat) adjusting to Warhawk isn't that bad. Use pro controls, and the only big adjustment will be how the sticks work. Left stick: Up and down is pitch, left and right will bank slowly without rolling completely, so think of it as your rudder. Right stick: Up and down pitches hard, left and right rolls. You can switch the stick functions if you like, I just got used to the default layout. Then just get used to going in and out of hover mode, learn to dodge missiles, and you're good. You still will die a lot, Warhawk is chock full of good pilots. But warhawks are plentiful, just respawn and get back in there. :)

Oh, and BOOST.

Edit: God dammit, carlos, you just had to bump MrPips' retarded-ass thread, didn't you? =_=

carlos

Sea Manky said:
Edit: God dammit, carlos, you just had to bump MrPips' retarded-ass thread, didn't you? =_=

lololololol, the thread was only a couple of spots away from the top anyway; I posted just to see if it would work, since every time I posted on those boards it gave me an error message. As you can see, that was my first post.

I posted in a tongue-in-cheek manner, since I find it hilarious that all these kids pissed that the thread was made just keep posting in it and keep it on the front page instead of ignoring it lol.

And you, stop being so humble and take your rightful place as the King of the Air! X)

vMaxx

Hey Gaf.I've just bought a bluetooth headset for this game and gta4.How can i use it?Is it possible to hear the music of the game through the headset and not from the tv or is this just for chat?

F-Pina

vMaxx: The game automatically sends the audio from voice to the headset.
If you turn it off you will hear from the TV speaker mixed up with everything else.

Yesterday i had a game of total ownage. 27 kills to 6 deaths :p
We crushed the opposing team in a zones match. It had been balanced until then but with the reshuflling of teams i guess it unbalanced things a bit.
By the time the game was ending i think there had to be mines from everybody layed out in the skies, it was filled. We were just spamming the spawn points with tanks and ground mines, i felt bad at one point :p

icechai

F-Pina said:
vMaxx: The game automatically sends the audio from voice to the headset.
If you turn it off you will hear from the TV speaker mixed up with everything else.

Yesterday i had a game of total ownage. 27 kills to 6 deaths :p
We crushed the opposing team in a zones match. It had been balanced until then but with the reshuflling of teams i guess it unbalanced things a bit.
By the time the game was ending i think there had to be mines from everybody layed out in the skies, it was filled. We were just spamming the spawn points with tanks and ground mines, i felt bad at one point :p

you can set what you hear in audio settings in the PS3 before the game starts I thought...

User 406

Banned
Damn.

So I join a dogfight only server, and enough people join to start a game.

Eight minutes in, the entire opposing team quits, and now there's just me and one other guy on my team, and the host idling on the other not actually playing.

It's a full thirty minute game. :(

Anyone want to come in?

User 406

Banned
Nice games tonight guys! :D

On that last TDM, all of my sound cut out completely right at the beginning. Not even a whisper on my headset. Played the entire round stone deaf. Funny how much you depend on sound. :p

Top Bottom