• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

tha_con

Banned
Madman said:
All I know is that my Best Buy has every new game, CD, DVD, ect. on Tuesday. They had God of War 2 on a Tuesday.

My gamestop has followed that schedule as well. I've never seen any title show up on a Wed, at least not many.

balliinn said:
any news of an early release of Warhawk like the early release of Bioshock??? :lol

For the in store copy... it doesn't ship until tomorrow so there are no copies in stores to be leaked. I wish they had shipped the game to coincide with the online release.

Oh well.

gcubed

DemDereNads said:
Sorry, don't feel like reading through the 29 pages :p but read an argument a few pages back and just want to be clear...

There is no offline mode vs Bots?

How else are you suppose to train and get use to the game without getting wtf owned by eleven year olds? :(

no, no offline with bots :p

either friends in RL on your console, or get a few posters from here, create a private room and play. Or, as has been said, you can set a minimum limit for players, password your game, and only invite a few below the minimum. It puts you in explore mode and you can kill, fly, etc but it doesnt count so you can play as long as you want, without anyone "winning"... just like t-ball

calder

DemDereNads said:

How else are you suppose to train and get use to the game without getting wtf owned by eleven year olds? :(
No offline, no bots. Pity, but if you want to practice just create your own game and put a password on it. Or join an empty server running a team game, until there are enough players to play it properly you'll just be running around a mostly empty map without score being kept.

When I was confused in the beta about a map I just created it and put a password on it. Flying around for 10 minutes helped me figure out what I was supposed to be doing immensely.

mintylurb

UnholySpectacle said:
UPDATE FOR GAFe: Since I pre-ordered the disc version I will not be on till Wednesday night.
Same here, but considering I pre-ordered from family video I might not see my copy until next month ;d

Safe Bet

Banned
DemDereNads said:

Start your own server/game...

Make it private...

Train away...

Also, servers can have rank restriction applied to them which will hopefully allow gamers to play with and against those of similar skill.

Edit: Beat 10x Over

balliinn

Banned
DemDereNads said:
Sorry, don't feel like reading through the 29 pages :p but read an argument a few pages back and just want to be clear...

don't be a wuss.

nut up and jump into the deep end. :lol

balliinn

Banned
DoctorWho said:
For the in store copy... it doesn't ship until tomorrow so there are no copies in stores to be leaked. I wish they had shipped the game to coincide with the online release.

Oh well.

damn!

since i HAVE to get my copy from Walmart (got a giftcard), i don't know when i'm going to have the game :(

Damn on no bots...

Well hopefully where this is large scale people won't notice my lack of skill too much and boot me, like in Gears of War. Kids are mean =(

And good point about just creating a PW protected room. Least I can get use to the controls.

gcubed

BenjaminBirdie said:
Oh ye of little faith. Never give up hope my friend.

:D

i believe there already was a stickied post about a PS3 game... actually i think it was the warhawk beta thread wasnt it?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
PleoMax said:
So nobody is leading the Euro Clan?

Man that sucks.

Xater (PM me with you email address again) is leading till he goes back to school.

DemDereNads said:

The game has a LAN mode and you can create private servers to train.

I'd like to get into a clan too, but I'm in Japan and I've no idea when the title is being shipped.
Can I still add my PSN ID to a clan?

Killthee

DJmizuhara said:
I'd like to get into a clan too, but I'm in Japan and I've no idea when the title is being shipped.
Can I still add my PSN ID to a clan?

Yeah sure. Which clan works best for you? Euro GAF(GMT/GMT+1 mostly), West GAF (PST mostly; last spot), or North GAF (mostly est/cst people)?

Killthee said:
Yeah sure. Which clan works best for you? Euro GAF(GMT/GMT+1 mostly), West GAF (PST mostly; last spot), or North GAF (mostly est/cst people)?

I'm guessing East Clan would be the better option for me...
My PSN ID is; DJmizuhara

Thank you

Raist

Banned
Oh so I thought the retail version of Warhawk would be available only around mid september for europe, but I checked on amazon (french one) and it's listed for the 29th of august.

price is 71.75€, like wtf ?

I still can't decide if I want the PSN or BD version. Being able to launch the Beta from the XMB w/ no disk was awesome since I was playing a lot of PS2 games on my PS3 during the same timeframe. Plus I already have a headset. Then again, I'm a box whore.

Aalyx

Raist said:
Oh so I thought the retail version of Warhawk would be available only around mid september for europe, but I checked on amazon (french one) and it's listed for the 29th of august.

Might be a mistake, the UK Amazon still lists it as 21st of September, althought it says the RRP is £50... (I thought it was going to be £40?)

Gattsu25

Banned
Holy fuck, just got a Bluetooth headset so I could get the PSN version of this

Motorola BT H350 :(

fucking hell, back to the store this goes

Killthee

number1jagsfan said:
Quick question, if I import the US retail version, will I have any problems playing online in the UK, or is it worldwide servers?

Worldwide servers with the ability to filter servers by region.

Gattsu25 said:
Holy fuck, just got a Bluetooth headset so I could get the PSN version of this

Motorola BT H350 :(

fucking hell, back to the store this goes

Wow, I almost bought that one for $17.99. I assume it doesn't work.

ex0du5

Banned
It got stickied!!!

Oh, and since GAFn was created...and I'm Canadian...and I'm in the queue for GAFe, can I be moved to GAFn?

PSN ID: TheExodu5

ex0du5 said:
It got stickied!!!

Oh, and since GAFn was created...and I'm Canadian...and I'm in the queue for GAFe, can I be moved to GAFn?

PSN ID: TheExodu5

Hey, I'll swith with him. If it doesn't happen, I'll ban all of GAF East and North!!!

f@luS

More than a member.
Hey , are we sure the game is fully worldwide?
id like to buy it tomorrow on US PSN, but want to be sure to be able to play with my Eu friends, but dont wanna wait til 30 :x

Killthee

f@luS said:
Hey , are we sure the game is fully worldwide?
id like to buy it tomorrow on US PSN, but want to be sure to be able to play with my Eu friends, but dont wanna wait til 30 :x

Yes.

f@luS

More than a member.
Killthee said:
okay.... then im in tomorrow. Is it Midnight...tonight or the next one? :eek:.

Everything is worldwide then ? (ranking also?) Btw, since i never teamplayed in the the beta, can we do some clanwars?

Killthee

f@luS said:
okay.... then im in tomorrow. Is it Midnight...tonight or the next one? :eek:.

Everything is worldwide then ? (ranking also?) Btw, since i never teamplayed in the the beta, can we do some clanwars?

Midnight EST tonight. Everything is worldwide (I don't remember rankings being tied to location in the beta).

spwolf

Raist said:

thats retail version + taxes right?

Mesijs

I have the review version but isn't there an option to steer ground vehicles with thumbsticks and hawks with motion? That's stupid.

Top Bottom