• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Gattsu25

Banned
DoctorWho said:
Wow, I almost bought that one for $17.99. I assume it doesn't work.
I did a Google to see if it was also compatible with my phone and saw a few link with people complaining about PS3 Firmware 1.80 breaking PS3 support for it, as well as several links to threads from GAF itself where people complained about recent incompatibility :(

This won't apply to everyone, but today Best Buy sent me some coupons for this weekend, and one of them is for 10% off any 3 games, movies, etc. I assume they went out to everyone in their dumb 'Rewards' program.

It means missing out on the first few days of Wowhawk, but a coupon is a coupon. Thought I'd share the intel here.

rc213

MickeyKnox said:
Ok so what's the Gaf consensus on the best bluetooth mic to use for this (and other) PS3 game(s.)

Avoid the Motorola 300/350 as compatability was somewhat broken in a firmware update. Jabra BT125 which comes with Warhark is working well for me in Calling All Cars, Motorstorm and Resistance.

Xater

MickeyKnox said:
Ok so what's the Gaf consensus on the best bluetooth mic to use for this (and other) PS3 game(s.)

Well I am using this one. It works great. Actually I am usign the second version ofit but I don#t find it on US Amazon.

tha_con

Banned
ZOMG WOWHAWK STICKY WTF!?!?!?!

As for headsets: I own the Jabra BT125 (the one that will come bundled with WOWHawk) and it's actually very good. Very clear, the battery life is AMAZING compared to other Blue Tooth headsets I've had experience with (the one for my phone).

The only downside is that it cab be a bit uncomfortable, but I'm sure there's ways to solve that.

Mesijs

ex0du5 said:
What are you talking about?

I'm talking about one option to put motion controls on and off and not an option to put them on and off separately for ground vehicles and hawks. So when you steer with motion your hawk you also steer with motion your ground vehicles.

I was wondering if I was correct in this regard, and if so it would be stupid.

rc213 said:
Avoid the Motorola 300/350 as compatability was somewhat broken in a firmware update. Jabra BT125 which comes with Warhark is working well for me in Calling All Cars, Motorstorm and Resistance.

Again, I am so happy I didn't go out and buy one of those today, which is exactly what I had planned to do. I'll stick to my Best Buy preorder and just wait an extra day for the game.

CSSer

Mesijs said:
I'm talking about one option to put motion controls on and off and not an option to put them on and off separately for ground vehicles and hawks. So when you steer with motion your hawk you also steer with motion your ground vehicles.

I was wondering if I was correct in this regard, and if so it would be stupid.

The beta had options for both. It would be weird if they took those options out.

tha_con

Banned
CSSer said:
The beta had options for both. It would be weird if they took those options out.

Actually, the beta was rather random with motion control. On occasion, motion control would work only for the Warhawks, and ground vehicles were still 'stick' controlled. However, on occasion the controlls wouldn't sync quite right, and it would be either both motion, or one motino, and not the other.

Not sure how it will pan out in the final build.

ex0du5

Banned
tha_con said:
Actually, the beta was rather random with motion control. On occasion, motion control would work only for the Warhawks, and ground vehicles were still 'stick' controlled. However, on occasion the controlls wouldn't sync quite right, and it would be either both motion, or one motino, and not the other.

Not sure how it will pan out in the final build.

Funny...controls worked fine for me from what I played...I'm guessing they will have fixed this for the final release regardless (or will be patched quickly). The options are available for both anyways, so both options will have to be supported.

CSSer

I don't remember bugs, but I usually played sticks all the time for both. I did switch to motion for warhawk while in game, but would always switch back before the game ended.

spwolf

as much as I remember, controls were changed in updated beta... from then, you couldnt select controls for vehicles and warhawks independently... As much as I remember, it was a while ago.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
spwolf said:
as much as I remember, controls were changed in updated beta... from then, you couldnt select controls for vehicles and warhawks independently... As much as I remember, it was a while ago.

I remember that too. I also remember a crap load of people in the beta boards bitching about it.

I'm not sure when Toys R Us will be shipping my copy, so I'll be inactive the first week. Totally worth it, though, for the retail version for only $40.

Righty10

I most likely won't be on until Wednesday night since I pre-ordered from EB and they said it was doubtful that it would come in tomorrow.

Nightz

distantmantra said:
I'm not sure when Toys R Us will be shipping my copy, so I'll be inactive the first week. Totally worth it, though, for the retail version for only $40.
I cancelled my $40 pre-order from TRU. With shipping and tax, it would have cost me around $50, plus I would have had to wait a couple of days to receive it. Then I remembered that I had $15 off from Best Buy's rewards program, so now I can pick the game up day 1 for the same price as TRU.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Dilemma

I live in Australia

I have a Aussie PSN account and a US account.

Do I:

download in a few hours from the US store and risk the fact that if sony ever bars foreign accounts I will never be able to redownload.

Wait until the 30th when the EU store is meant to be updated and hope that the Aussie store is also updated. There has been no word whatsoever from Sony on Warhawks price and release date here and pissing me off.

Anyway.... what would GAF do?

DeadCell

Wow we've been stickied, no wonder I couldn't find the damn thread. *smacks forehead*

I'm really tempted to just camp outside my local BB to make sure I can get my copy for $39.99, but I'll probably be better off just getting up early in the morning and heading over there before they open.

Decisions, decisions...

Dizzan said:
Dilemma

I live in Australia

I have a Aussie PSN account and a US account.

Do I:

download in a few hours from the US store and risk the fact that if sony ever bars foreign accounts I will never be able to redownload.

Wait until the 30th when the EU store is meant to be updated and hope that the Aussie store is also updated. There has been no word whatsoever from Sony on Warhawks price and release date here and pissing me off.

Anyway.... what would GAF do?

GAF would wait until the 30th to see if Australia gets it the same time as Europe. Risking getting an account barred isn't worth it for a two day wait. But, if the 30th comes and there's not even a date for Australia, risk the illicit download, because it's stupid of Sony to leave you hanging like that.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Captain Glanton said:
GAF would wait until the 30th to see if Australia gets it the same time as Europe. Risking getting an account barred isn't worth it for a two day wait. But, if the 30th comes and there's not even a date for Australia, risk the illicit download, because it's stupid of Sony to leave you hanging like that.

That's what I'm leaning towards at the moment. It's just going to be painful knowing that it's out and I can have it but have to wait two days. Ah well, thanks for your input.

Crisis

Banned
Hooray! I can't believe the mods actually sticked it. I got to start making more requests.

Is there any way the mods can send me cocaine and strippers?:D

Also I can't believe Warhawk is only 800 MB to download. That's crazy.

Safe Bet

Banned
Dizzan..

There is no way in hell I'd wait two days for Warhawk just because someone somewhere says there is some kind of magical boundy that seperates us.

If it was me I would download...

Edit: I Just re-read your post. You make a good point. It would suck to not be able to redownload in the future. :\

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
belvedere said:
I'm really curious to see how the DL speeds turn out.

Anyone remember when GTHD:Concept went up?

:lol

I think it's gonna crawl like it did when the HS demo went up.

I am tempted to download it tonight but I want the retail copy for the headset and the fact that I can set up major lan games from one disc. That feature will come in handy when I help run the game room at Otakon.

I still have the COD4 beta to keep me busy for now anyways.
and BIOSHOCK!

jonabbey

UnholySpectacle said:
I am tempted to download it tonight but I want the retail copy for the headset and the fact that I can set up major lan games from one disc.

LAN games from one disc? You can eject the disc after the game is started?

Top Bottom