• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

CSSer

- How many people you can host: 16, theoretically.
- An email address we can use to contact you about clan business: you already have mine
- Your time zone: Eastern
- What booster packs you have: Omega Dawn and Fallen Star.
- Your username on gamebattles.com: lol
- Your general availability: ~7pm-9pm on weekdays, pretty much anytime on Weekends, but all will be limited once LBP comes out, or if I even get into the mystical beta >___>

Jaeyden

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but the Rivalry Trophy (Win a clan match) is the only trophy Manky needs to get his Warhawk Platinum.

icechai

wow, now that everyone got better in the air, it really is quite boring in CTF games when you join a super losing team and the other team is filled with Warhawks and all the bases x_x Even when I manage to take down 1, and evade tons of missles, i'm just swarmed by 4 other WHs on the map, ugh! Only thing to do by then is just to thwart their attempts at the flag... x_x

slider

icechai said:
wow, now that everyone got better in the air, it really is quite boring in CTF games when you join a super losing team and the other team is filled with Warhawks and all the bases x_x Even when I manage to take down 1, and evade tons of missles, i'm just swarmed by 4 other WHs on the map, ugh! Only thing to do by then is just to thwart their attempts at the flag... x_x

Yeah, that's happened to me a few times in the past few days actually. There's a clan who I find an awful lot on Italian servers and they're incredibly well co-ordinated. They only seem to play CTF and on an official server you'll get maybe 7 of them. That's a pretty big minority all acting in a co-ordinated fashion.

One game they got to 5 captures in a couple of minutes! Excuse the naive question, but they appeared to use a WH to transport the flag. I'd always assumed that wasn't allowed?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Jaeyden said:
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but the Rivalry Trophy (Win a clan match) is the only trophy Manky needs to get his Warhawk Platinum.

I can create a clan (you know, for getting that trophy as well) and arrange a clan match so that both can achieve that Rivalry Trophy.

I just need 9 people to join the new clan.

TTP said:
I can create a clan (you know, for getting that trophy as well) and arrange a clan match so that both can achieve that Rivalry Trophy.

Yeah, I'd be up for that. Send me an invite.

Anyone setting up a game today?

AndyD

aka andydumi
TTP said:

im up for it and helping Manky.

User 406

Banned
Just so you guys know, I'm probably going to be busy all day today and tomorrow hauling more shit into the dumpster, so if you're expecting me to join in this weekend, sorry. :X

Wow, only one more trophy?! Good job. I am down for joining another clan if it will help, though I haven't even had a chance to play with our current.

If people are looking to play some games today, then I will be throwing a server up from about 4pm to 8pm EST. 16 player matches, ranked, clan only, no boosters. I haven't finalized the map and mode details yet, but I will probably use many of the same settings from last week. If I can start getting commitments from people that have booster packs I will start including those in the rotation.

Last week I ran the server for about 8hrs and we only got a few full games on the go. It would be nice if people could post here if they can play today and what time they can play at. If there isn't even 8 people willing to play for a given period of time then there probably isn't any reason for me to throw up the server. So if you are interested please post and I will post the game details closer to 4pm.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ok, I'm gonna create a clan dedicated to those looking to unlock the Rivalry trophy.

Whoever wants to join send a PSN message to Bloody_Marcel and I'll send clan invite.

Spy said:
I just created a clan since I'm trying to get the Warlord trophy. If anyone would kindly post their PSN name so I can invite you to my clan that would be awesome!

I think we can change the clan leader around in the NeoGAF clan to get the Warlord trophy. Am I correct?

Just to get ahead of the game here I will post the rotation I am going to set up:

Name: NeoGAF_Forums
Type: Dedicated-Ranked
Clan: Clan-restricted (neogaf forums for both clans)
Players: Max 16 players

Map/Game Rotation:
1. Eucadia
- Summit command
- Zones
- 5,000pts

2. The Badlands
- Skirmish
- CTF
- 10pts

3. Island Outpost
- Over the Bridges
- TDM
- 200pts

4. Archipelago
- Acropolis Assault
- Collection
- 100pts

5. Eucadia
- Valley Battle
- CTF
- 10pts

6. The Badlands
- Supply Chain
- Zones
- 5,000pts

7. Island Outpost
- Island Battle
- CTF
- 10pts

8. Archipelago
- Castle Solitaire
- TDM
- 200pts

Basically the same thing as last week, except I have removed the Destroyed Capital map and Hero mode. I figure people would prefer TDM over hero and DC is a pretty lame map for 16player layouts. I will put the server up in a few hours.

I have to make the server dedicated because I have other plans for that period of time, so I won't be able to play. As it is we have only 2 people that have explicitly expressed interest. Hopefully a few more of you will jump on during that time, but again, please try to post here first so that other people can coordinate their schedules. If by about 3:30 pm there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest then I will lift the clan-restriction allowing anyone to join. This way GAF can still play but we can also get some real matches running, and those people who post here but aren't part of the clan will be able to play.

If anyone has any further suggestions for the rotation please let me know.

Cheers

Ceb

I like the look of that rotation.

5000 point ZNS and 10 point CTF on mid-size maps means that those games will most likely last the full 30 minutes. I don't mind though, as long as balanced teams keep things from being a massacre.

I tried to ensure that the maps would allow the maximum amount of points for players, if people are playing intelligently, while also ensuring that a losing team can still capture a base and make a comeback even if they are only down to their main base. But upon reflection I agree and will drop the zones down to 3000 and the flag captures down to 5 on each of those maps.

The server is up now. I modified the scoring a bit to allow for shorter games. I also did open it up to other players outside of the clan so that some real games will happen. I turned on team switching. Hopefully everyone that wants to play will get the chance and won't run into a full server.

If a bunch of non-clan people jump in and make the game shitty then please let me know and in the future I will leave it as clan restricted. It might also be worthwhile to let me know what your rank is so that I can increase the min rank requirement (though I am still a wing man . . . damn 4x4 badge . . .).

Enjoy

If you jump on today and I am not on your friends list then add me (Palantiri). This way if we can't limit servers to clans we can atleast set up enough buddy slots to allow everyone to play.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Clan name: NeoGAF trophy squad
Can tag: GAFT

I've sent invitations to:
AndyPants
freethought69
Chryz-US
Palantiri

Need 5 more. Not mandatory to get the Rivalry one, but needed to get my Clan related one :p

Keep sending me PSN messages if u want to join. Clan will be disbanded once we are done with this.

deepbrown

riight. that collection was whack. guy pickin up the cores and commitin suicide. then he tks every1. then i kill him twice (and carlos by mistake) and i get kicked? yet he wasnt banned!? his score was minus 8! then i rejoin and try to coordinate cores wit chryz...then a guy nicks his and scores then tk's me and scores ...seperately! done wit that fucking game. seriously turn off friendly fire or make it just gaffers

Ceb

Good games, people. My team got hammered when we were 4 GAFers against 2, but this usually evens out in the end, as shown by the last CTF I was on on Eucadia.

deepbrown

TTP said:

AndyPants
freethought69
Chryz-US
Palantiri

Need 5 more. Not mandatory to get the Rivalry one, but needed to get my Clan related one :p

Keep sending me PSN messages if u want to join. Clan will be disbanded once we are done with this.
invite me :)

icechai

TTP said:

AndyPants
freethought69
Chryz-US
Palantiri

you can shoot me one too, and before we are done should we pass the leadership around? :p

carlos

TelemachusD said:
carlos killed me soooo many times. I know I suck, but do you have to rub it in that much?

sorry, I try not to pick on gaffers too much.... That first pregame, I was just flying around without shooting while we got some people in the game; but when you started shooting at me, I had no choice but to shoot back ;)

After that, as soon as the game starts, whoever gets locked onto first is going to be on the receiving end of a homing missle, no matter who it is.

Oh,and Deepbrown, yeah, that tk'er on archipielago collection was very annoying; he killed me with 3 cores once, then threw them down into the lower unreachable area so they wouldn't respawn either. I remember I tried to lift you up with them by hovering, but it was a failed experiment :(

Good playing with you guys; too bad most of you left after the first 4 or so rounds; you missed my getting 112 bonus points in one of the later rounds (first time getting to 100 bonus points).

Edit: Hey Frankman, selling Warhawk already? Was it too tough for you to learn and get started? or just not your thing?

Server is going down. Thanks to everyone that was able to make it out to play. It sucks that some people were fucking it up for the clan tonight. How many Gaffers were on at one time max? Perhaps we should just go unranked? Without a min 8 people it is hard to get a game going.

Next time I will set it up for the gaf clans only though.

womfalcs3

Banned
Am I the only one here having issues staying connected? Whether it's Sony, dedicated, or player servers, I can't remain connected from beginning to end of a match.

I tried to play in the clan server last week, but the disconnections led me to give up trying to play.

I used to have a lot of problems connecting games to the network without experiencing disconnects. Once I opened some ports on my router though everything started to work fine.

Supposedly the ports most often used by Sony's games are:

80, 443, 5223, 3658, 25, 110. There may be others, and other publishers might use different ports, but those should work. If this does correct your problems then you can usually find the port information for games within the game manual.

Also, if you are running any torrent software that will impact your connection.

womfalcs3

Banned
the_prime_mover said:
I used to have a lot of problems connecting games to the network without experiencing disconnects. Once I opened some ports on my router though everything started to work fine.

Supposedly the ports most often used by Sony's games are:

80, 443, 5223, 3658, 25, 110. There may be others, and other publishers might use different ports, but those should work. If this does correct your problems then you can usually find the port information for games within the game manual.

Also, if you are running any torrent software that will impact your connection.

I'm connected via an RJ-45 cable right now.

It was working fine until 1.5 weeks ago. I keep getting disconnected from the Warhawk servers, but I'd still be connected to the PSN. I don't run a torrent application or any downloads during those times.

DrPirate

Banned
icechai said:
you can shoot me one too, and before we are done should we pass the leadership around? :p

I'd love to join in this as well.

I'm willing to pass leadership around as well.

Hope you do not mind that I'm a junior though.

ChryZ

womfalcs3 said:
I'm connected via an RJ-45 cable right now.

It was working fine until 1.5 weeks ago. I keep getting disconnected from the Warhawk servers, but I'd still be connected to the PSN. I don't run a torrent application or any downloads during those times.
Are you sure, that you internet connection is 100% stable? PSN sign-in is a lot more forgiving since it doesn't send and receive data all the time. Warhawk games exchange data every second and their servers will notice small drops in your connection much faster.

womfalcs3

Banned
ChryZ said:
Are you sure, that you internet connection is 100% stable? PSN sign-in is a lot more forgiving since it doesn't send and receive data all the time. Warhawk games exchange data every second and their servers will notice small drops in your connection much faster.

I have Road Runner at this place, which has been at the receiving end of a lot of complains from gamers. Their service may not be stable.

My computer runs fine using the wireless signal. The connection status does repeatedly show a balloon message stating my SSID name and signal strength... as if it re-connected. It could be the connection is dropping for a millisecond.

I have AT&T at my permanent residence, and my PS3 connects fine using the wireless capabilities there.

ChryZ

womfalcs3 said:
I have Road Runner at this place, which has been at the receiving end of a lot of complains from gamers. Their service may not be stable.

My computer runs fine using the wireless signal. The connection status does repeatedly show a balloon message stating my SSID name and signal strength... as if it re-connected. It could be the connection is dropping for a millisecond.

I have AT&T at my permanent residence, and my PS3 connects fine using the wireless capabilities there.
You can't use your wifi connection as an indicator of the stabilty. All kinds of shit interfere with wifi (microwave ovens, bluetooth enabled devices, etc). Connect your PC via RJ-45 to the router/cable modem and then run a ping from command line. Like "ping -t www.neogaf.com". Check for timeouts, if there many of those then call your ISP and ask them to fix it.

womfalcs3

Banned
ChryZ said:
You can't use your wifi connection as an indicator of the stabilty. All kinds of shit interfere with wifi (microwave ovens, bluetooth enabled devices, etc). Connect your PC via RJ-45 to the router/cable modem and then run a ping from command line. Like "ping -t www.neogaf.com". Check for timeouts, if there many of those then call your ISP and ask them to fix it.

The ping tests I've ran show no issues.

I just re-connected the cable to the PS3, and I just made it through 3 matches. It was secured before... so that wasn't the issue. We'll see if this lasts.

ChryZ

womfalcs3 said:
The ping tests I've ran show no issues.

I just re-connected the cable to the PS3, and I just made it through 3 matches. It was secured before... so that wasn't the issue. We'll see if this lasts.
Cool. Yeah, it's just wiring or contact issue sometimes.

slider

Sorry I had to bail yesterday chaps (if you even noticed!).

God, I'm never getting in a WH again. Had an awful session (not that I'm a good pilot anyway), had a birthday I was late for and because I was constantly getting spanked my decision was easy...

I take it no one could hear me mumbling either? I definitely need a new headset.

I know we're in the same clan, for now at least, but I will be getting you all back. You know who I'm talking to. Maybe not in WH but in some game. It's finding the game that will be tricky...

:D

Top Bottom