• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

ChryZ

LOL, deepbrown. That was some good CTF right there, huh? I made CAPTAIN in THAT very game :D

slider said:
I know we're in the same clan, for now at least, but I will be getting you all back.
That's the spirit. Until then, we'll all fuck you as hard as possible ... pressure makes diamonds :p

slider

Heh, the old trust me, this'll be good for you...? Suppose it could be worse. At least you didn't say this is gonna hurt me more than it hurts you!.

It's a shame. I'd nearly convinced myself I'd reached the next plateau in my piloting learning curve. But no better way to improve than to play with/against accomplished players. :)

Thanks again to the_prime_mover, I/we really appreciate it.

ChryZ

slider said:
Heh, the old trust me, this'll be good for you...? Suppose it could be worse. At least you didn't say this is gonna hurt me more than it hurts you!.

It's a shame. I'd nearly convinced myself I'd reached the next plateau in my piloting learning curve. But no better way to improve than to play with/against accomplished players. :)
You can learn a lot from playing with people like Sea Manky and carlos. I'm still doing so.

I really, really wish Incog could find some way to incorporate all the expansion extras on one map (for certain games). The dropship, ATV things, and jetpacks all on the same map would be absolutely nuts! :D

...oh... and I agree with all those saying Warhawk needs a Navy. Missle-launching subs would be amazing!

TheJollyCorner said:
...oh... and I agree with all those saying Warhawk needs a Navy. Missle-launching subs would be amazing!

I still like the idea of a map fought entirely on those flying aircraft carriers shown in early Warhawk videos (like the crashed ship on Tau Crater).

But first, Incog needs to re-evaluate their server ranking restrictions.

deepbrown

ChryZ said:
LOL, deepbrown. That was some good CTF right there, huh? I made CAPTAIN in THAT very game :D

That's the spirit. Until then, we'll all fuck you as hard as possible ... pressure makes diamonds :p
Yuh it was pukka. Suprised I got second place after not capturing the flag once - when you captured it 4times.:D I think i was just being really useful killing everybody on the other team (think I got that trophy..."hitlist" in that game) and making sure they wouldn't catch you and steal your flag. They did get it a couple times though, but I went in to kill em.

ChryZ

deepbrown said:
Yuh it was pukka. Suprised I got second place after not capturing the flag once - when you captured it 4times.:D I think i was just being really useful killing everybody on the other team (think I got that trophy..."hitlist" in that game) and making sure they wouldn't catch you and steal your flag. They did get it a couple times though, but I went in to kill em.
I made sweet 226 points in that game. The other team was pretty doable though. The first 10 minutes of sudden death were pretty lame, I killed like 10 people while holding on to their flag and I was pretty pissed after they rushed/killed me. 5:1 was awesome payback :lol

User 406

Banned
shagg_187 said:
Who's the GAF clan leader? Care to add me :)

PSN: shagg_187

Check your PMs.

Sorry I was out all weekend, guys. This dumpster shit is really taking all my time and energy. It'll be gone this friday though, so I'll be up for playing this next weekend.

Ok, what is the best map/mode to get the 4x4 badge? I have enough points to go up about 4 levels now and I have all of the skill requirements for the next 6 or 7 levels but I never seem able to kill 5 people with the 4x4. For my play style this is definitely the hardest badge to get (and is actually the only one I am missing).

TTP, how many people do we have on our clan now? We should set up a little game (4 on 4 or more) this weekend to get the rivalry trophy. Sea Manky, you are down? And Deepbrown, Carlos, you two are able? I can play this Saturday for a few hours.

User 406

Banned
the_prime_mover said:
Ok, what is the best map/mode to get the 4x4 badge? I have enough points to go up about 4 levels now and I have all of the skill requirements for the next 6 or 7 levels but I never seem able to kill 5 people with the 4x4. For my play style this is definitely the hardest badge to get (and is actually the only one I am missing).

Keep in mind that you don't just have to run people over, kills with the jeep machine gun count too. Do you know how to switch seats? Holding square and pushing the d-pad in different directions will switch you to a different seat in a vehicle. The seat is indicated in a diagram at the bottom left of the screen. So for the jeep quickdraw, just hold square and push down on the d-pad to switch quickly from driving to shooting.

Just stick to staying on the ground and using a jeep as your mode of transportation. Head for contested bases, pull up at a good distance from enemies, and start hammering away with the gun.

The other option is to play in a small map deathmatch with big score and time limits. Get in a jeep and keep driving around and occasionally using the gun, you should get it easily. Urban Strike is a good place.

TTP, how many people do we have on our clan now? We should set up a little game (4 on 4 or more) this weekend to get the rivalry trophy. Sea Manky, you are down? And Deepbrown, Carlos, you two are able? I can play this Saturday for a few hours.

Yeah, I should be up for it.

Geez, I didn't realize that you could use the .50cal . . . that suddenly makes the badge a lot easier to obtain. Looks like I will finally be ranking up tonight. That information is very much appreciated.

deepbrown

ChryZ said:
I made sweet 226 points in that game. The other team was pretty doable though. The first 10 minutes of sudden death were pretty lame, I killed like 10 people while holding on to their flag and I was pretty pissed after they rushed/killed me. 5:1 was awesome payback :lol
Yes sorry...was trying desperately to sort them out...but it's a tad difficult to do on that map. I presumed you had some people protecting you...

ChryZ

deepbrown said:
I presumed you had some people protecting you...
There was one retard who tried to tk me, but he lost interest or realized that friendly fire was off .... after 3 minutes of air slashing :lol

AndyD

aka andydumi
the_prime_mover said:

Pretty easy. Get into a small CTF map and drive near an enemy base, then switch to turret and pick people off. You may die a number of times, but thats the easiest way to do it.
Or mount a turret in a jeep near your flag, and as they come to steal it, shoot.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Kazenone said:
This thread moves way too fast for me now. GAFT? WHAT IS THAT?

Manky :( You're too mean to me in those games.

GAFT is a clan set up by TTP for a few of us to get the rivalry and warlord trophy by passing around leadership. After we reach our goal, we will all rejoin GAF. Its a temporary thing with Manky's blessing. PM TTP if you want an invite.
We are plannign on doing it this weekend in a couple hours.

slider

If you need someone on the original (and best) GAF clan to bring things down a bit... hank_scorpio is available.

I'll just be hanging around the online forum... on the off chance... :(

So I was able to get the 4x4 badge and got a few rank advancements but unfortunately I didn't get the trophy for getting all badges at the bandit level. Not to sure what's up with that. My hope is that if I get another badge or trophy then it will also kick in and give me the bandit trophy.

I am looking forward to getting beat down this weekend. I hope that we can get at least 1 win. I have been a bit rusty these last few days though and I have definitely been moving before thinking. We should try to organize a good play time and who can host (I can host 16, but don't know how things change if I am actually playing at the same time). Also, we should throw in some games with the boosters if everyone playing has them.

TTP, how many people have signed up to GAFT?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Got all the bandit badges, it didn't give me the trophy until the next time I played the game.

Spy

I've been playing a lot of Warhawk lately, does anyone care to add me to their friends list so we can get some games going? I have a clan right now, still trying to get 10 people for the Warlord trophy.

PSN: Rexram

ianswoody

I JUST got a PS3 and saw this game on sale w/ a Bluetooth headset so I picked it up, knowing I love multiplayer games. Anyway, is it too late in the game to come in as a complete noob? Anyone willing to take me under their wing? (No pun intended.)

Tntnnbltn

ianswoody said:
I JUST got a PS3 and saw this game on sale w/ a Bluetooth headset so I picked it up, knowing I love multiplayer games. Anyway, is it too late in the game to come in as a complete noob? Anyone willing to take me under their wing? (No pun intended.)
Never too late. Probably a good time, in fact, seeming how a whole bunch of new people are playing the game for trophies. Try out the training sessions first, and perhaps a few local LAN games to get used to the controls and maps. When you go online, there are green-coloured rooms for rookies (that's where I usually hang out).

AndyD

aka andydumi
ianswoody said:

What TNT said. Definitely do the training. Definitely set up a LAN game and play by yourself for a couple hours just learning the vehicles and the controls. Dont worry if you are terrible in a warhawk and only survive for 10 seconds at first. Its normal. Then play the rookie servers. Larger servers give you some breathing room at first. Dont be afraid to die a lot. And just sort of watch other players in their techniques and where they go for weapons so you learn those locations.
You can also join a clan and get some experience that way by learning with people who are willing to help.

Trevelyan

Banned
ianswoody said:
I'd be willing to help. I think I'm an alright player. I'm free all day. And btw, is tonight Warhawk Wednesdays?!?!

ianswoody

Sweet. Thanks guys. I'm gonna be on for the next 3-4 hours. Definitely doing the training first, but I'll start adding PSN ID's here in a bit. If you want a jumpstart, my PSN ID is: ianswoody

Trevelyan said:
I'd be willing to help. I think I'm an alright player. I'm free all day. And btw, is tonight Warhawk Wednesdays?!?!

Every Wednesday is Warhawk Wednesday! :mad:

Thanks for nothing.

Got stuck on a server with a bunch of fucking scrubs on my team.

My prescription for Nexium is up and I'm trying to moderate my indigestion through body regulation, so the last god damn thing I need is a bunch of slack jawed f@ggots pissing me off with their ZERO KILLS.

8w9i8k.jpg

WHY ARE YOU ON MY GOD DAMN TEAM PRIVATE FUCKBAG?! YOU'RE MORE USELESS THAN THAT TINY DICK BETWEEN YOUR LEGS!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'm still having so much trouble with this game. I love the quick join feature, because it's motivating me to play more, but since I got it, I just feel like I've made very little progress. I go through cycles where I play a lot, then just stop, so I hope to keep it up this time. How long in does it usually start to really click? Also anybody who could post their favorite/best techniques for scrubbing missles.

msdstc said:
I'm still having so much trouble with this game. I love the quick join feature, because it's motivating me to play more, but since I got it, I just feel like I've made very little progress. I go through cycles where I play a lot, then just stop, so I hope to keep it up this time. How long in does it usually start to really click? Also anybody who could post their favorite/best techniques for scrubbing missles.
To dodge missiles, push both sticks in the same direction, left or right. This works incredibly well for most missiles. After you realize how easy it is to dodge them, you try to get much closer to your target before releasing your own.

I think I've been playing too much lately. I almost swerved around a plastic cup in the road while driving tonight because I thought it was a proximity mine.

AndyD

aka andydumi
TelemachusD said:
To dodge missiles, push both sticks in the same direction, left or right. This works incredibly well for most missiles. After you realize how easy it is to dodge them, you try to get much closer to your target before releasing your own.

I think I've been playing too much lately. I almost swerved around a plastic cup in the road while driving tonight because I thought it was a proximity mine.

I have almost done that before. I have also gotten alarmed at hearing a faint beeping for the same reason. Turns out it was the grill timer.:lol

TelemachusD said:

In addition to this, try flying in an S pattern. Hard to describe, but make your Warhawk undulate like it's doing the worm. I learned this from watching the contrails of people who were shaking my missiles and learned how to dodge a bit more effective.

Tossing in a barrel roll or two while fleeing also seems to help if I'm not mistaken. Basically you want to make yourself hard to target as well, because what I'll do is fire off a swarm missile to get you to panic / use a chaff and then switch to homing missiles and stick that in ur butt immediately after. :D

ChryZ said:
Dude, wrong picture! Pvt Joker was somewhat useful. Next time find something with Pvt Pyle.

The important part is R. Lee Ermey is in it, and that's the mood I was in. :lol

slider

Is there likely to be some GAF WH action this weekend? I'm always keen. But with LBP and WO stomping their big muddy boots all over Gaffer's PS3s I'm not sure we'll get numbers.

And has Manky finished with his dumpster??

In anticipation...

slider.

Huggers

TelemachusD said:

Well at least you didn't get out and toss a grenade at it :D

User 406

Banned
slider said:
And has Manky finished with his dumpster??

JUST finished a little while ago.

DUMPSTER FULL!

BASEMENT CLEAR!

SHED CLEAR!

GARAGE 50% CLEAR!

If I don't show symptoms of lockjaw or something else horrible I contracted from the garbage, I'll be ready to play Saturday. We'll be out shopping in the morning starting around 11AM EST, but I'll be back in the afternoon.

Sea Manky said:
If I don't show symptoms of lockjaw or something else horrible I contracted from the garbage, I'll be ready to play Saturday.

Let's just blame Sony for jacking up your audio device with a firmware update (RUSTY SCREWS RETARD!). :lol

So who can commit to playing this Saturday, and what times are good for people? I still don't know who all is on GAFT, but hopefully we can at least get a 4 on 4 going.

I am good for the early day (anytime from about 9am - 5pm PST) but after that I have some other arrangements.

Who wants to host as well? If my connection has been good for the last two weeks, and people want to play when I am able to play, then I can throw up a 16 player server (non dedicated). It would be nice if I could get some map suggestions and game suggestions though.

carlos

There's a chance I won't be able to play this weekend, I have to drive across the island for some family related business :/

icechai

the_prime_mover said:
So who can commit to playing this Saturday, and what times are good for people? I still don't know who all is on GAFT, but hopefully we can at least get a 4 on 4 going.

I am good for the early day (anytime from about 9am - 5pm PST) but after that I have some other arrangements.

Who wants to host as well? If my connection has been good for the last two weeks, and people want to play when I am able to play, then I can throw up a 16 player server (non dedicated). It would be nice if I could get some map suggestions and game suggestions though.

i'm good for early time 8a-12p EST on SAT :(

Top Bottom