• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Tntnnbltn

spyshagg said:
I love ground mines. I place them in strategic places and I keep changing the pattern so that the other team keeps dying when escaping with the Flag or the other way around.
Particularly in Island Outpost CTF. Sometimes they get so pissed off they only care about killing me and forget about the flag lol
I use the APC as a mine sweeper on Island Outpost. Unless there's 3 mines really close together (or you've taken damage), you can go clear out 2 and then had back for a gear fix. Clears the way for flag escapes.

Tntnnbltn said:
I use the APC as a mine sweeper on Island Outpost. Unless there's 3 mines really close together (or you've taken damage), you can go clear out 2 and then had back for a gear fix. Clears the way for flag escapes.

A few fully-charged lightning shots are also great for clearing out land mines. On Island Outpost, I make sure to shoot one near the gear fix outside the enemy base and another close to the flag. It does a great for clearing the path.

dralla

finally got around to buying the newest pack, had a chance to play it today since all my classes were canceled [snow]. The Jetpacks are bitter-sweet to me, because they're awesome..flying up to a Warhawk and blowing it up with the flamethrower!, but they also break CTF, which I play 95% of the time. it de-emphasizes team work now that you can fly in and take the flag solo.

I only played the new map once and it's really small, ended too quickly because of the jetpacks, never really got a good feel for it. seems cool though

slider

dralla said:
finally got around to buying the newest pack, had a chance to play it today since all my classes were canceled [snow]. The Jetpacks are bitter-sweet to me, because they're awesome..flying up to a Warhawk and blowing it up with the flamethrower!, but they also break CTF, which I play 95% of the time. it de-emphasizes team work now that you can fly in and take the flag solo.

I only played the new map once and it's really small, ended too quickly because of the jetpacks, never really got a good feel for it. seems cool though

IMO jetpacks are the one wrong foot Incognito have made. Not a fan of Tau crater either. In fact I actively avoid jetpack games.

JardeL

Last night I was playing CTF at Archipelago [ which is my fav map with Island Outpost ] and saw a guy sniping on the other side of the map ... Interestingly he was not into shooting enemy , he was shooting the planes on the bases ... He gave damage to them with 2 sniper rifle shots and once an enemy got into it he shots one more time and boom :lol ...

It was full of fun , I stopped playing and watched my teammats die :D :lol ...

Btw how the hell you people fly & aim &shoot & kill & escape & come again & aim & shoot & kill &escape & come again .... with those damn Warhawk / Nemesis ?.. I really suck at flying ... Its a bit hard for me , I just use them to transport :D ... Whats the trick ?..

dralla

the "trick" is pro flight control. you get a lot more control over the warhawk with it, but it's got a much steeper learning curve than normal control.

dralla said:
The Jetpacks are bitter-sweet to me, because they're awesome..flying up to a Warhawk and blowing it up with the flamethrower!, but they also break CTF, which I play 95% of the time. it de-emphasizes team work now that you can fly in and take the flag solo.

It's still team work. Jetpacks are EXTREMELY fragile. One rocket launcher blast with take them out, and the machine guns on a Warhawk will tear an airborned Jetpack user to shreds.

It's just getting used to them is all.

Foil

Hopefully tonight was just a slow night as it seemed like nobody was playing with all the new maps in the rotations on official servers. I could only find one game of CTF that supported one booster only. Every other server had nobody playing on them.

Is the Warhawk community really slow right now, or did I just log on at a bad time? There seemed to be plenty of games going with a decent amount of players that supported no boosters. Ugh, feels like a waste of $18 right now. :/

Tntnnbltn

Foil said:
Hopefully tonight was just a slow night as it seemed like nobody was playing with all the new maps in the rotations on official servers. I could only find one game of CTF that supported one booster only. Every other server had nobody playing on them.

Is the Warhawk community really slow right now, or did I just log on at a bad time? There seemed to be plenty of games going with a decent amount of players that supported no boosters. Ugh, feels like a waste of $18 right now. :/
BM CTF is my favourite. There's usually at least 1 server that's full. Make sure you have the game set to All Regions instead of My Region to see all the official ones. (For me, there's no performance difference between US servers and European servers).

Even if there's no one in an official BM CTF map, I can go there and sit by myself. After 30 minutes I usually have enough for a decent pre-game match. As soon as you hit 8 people the room fills up rapidly.

JardeL

Why those servers get disconnect in the middle of the game sometimes ? I play on official servers , my ping is around 100-115 ms ... I dont think its about my connection ...

Btw , empty slots for me in the clan ?.. PSN : JardeL , eu zone ...

Tntnnbltn

My friend let me know last night that last night when driving he thought he saw landmine on the road. Now he can't keep making fun of me when I do it. :lol

Tntnnbltn said:
My friend let me know last night that last night when driving he thought he saw landmine on the road. Now he can't keep making fun of me when I do it. :lol
Always the worst way to go IMHO. You see it coming but the driver doesn't. That's when I go full dishonor and bailout.gif. :D

slider

Is anyone else regularly getting freezes when messaging in game? It's happening an awful lot to me recently and I haven't seen a pattern (i.e. on exactly when it happens and what I'm doing in game when I press the PS button).

Mind you, I'm also very impatient and will then depress the PS button and select quit game rather than sitting it out and seeing if it rights itself... So I guess it's not like a total hang.

Hmm. :|

AranhaHunter said:
Is there any chance they'll lower the price of the DLC? I've been waiting to get all 3 maps but don't wanna pay more than $10 for it.
Get the pack with all 3 at once, it's been set for awhile and it is really worth it.

Atrophis

Damn when did they release the trial version of this? Been wanting to try this since i got my PS3!

Now im not a massive fan of Battlefield style multiplayer games but i have to say im having a ton of fun on the trial :D Might see if i can find a boxed copy with the mic, assuming i get some free time to play. Damn it sucks not being a kid anymore :p

carlos

Well after another recent binge of WH, I am officially done with the game; I put it back in the box and gave it to my brother to hide at another house; a simple "let me play for a couple of rounds" turns into an 8 hour session that affects my sleep hours :(

Not to mention that since the server reconfiguration, EVERY official server has considerably more lag for me than before; this in turn makes me performe worse. While I have been recently experimenting with new styles of play for me (sniping/ turrets /binocs/etc), keeping the game fresh, the lag frustration and constantly lopsided games have gotten to me.

I'll keep my eyes on this thread in case there's a gaf clan reunion (seems unlikely), and I'll be sure to hop back in if there's an update that lets 2 people's accounts be logged in while in split screen (resistance 2 will be doing this, I hope WH follows suit).

slider

carlos said:
Well after another recent binge of WH, I am officially done with the game; I put it back in the box and gave it to my brother to hide at another house; a simple "let me play for a couple of rounds" turns into an 8 hour session that affects my sleep hours :(

Not to mention that since the server reconfiguration, EVERY official server has considerably more lag for me than before; this in turn makes me performe worse. While I have been recently experimenting with new styles of play for me (sniping/ turrets /binocs/etc), keeping the game fresh, the lag frustration and constantly lopsided games have gotten to me.

I'll keep my eyes on this thread in case there's a gaf clan reunion (seems unlikely), and I'll be sure to hop back in if there's an update that lets 2 people's accounts be logged in while in split screen (resistance 2 will be doing this, I hope WH follows suit).

: (

I only played with you a couple of times and you kicked my butt. Still, a sorry day.

People occasionally ask for get togethers. Doesn't ever seem to happen though. The last person I saw from the clan playing was Sea Manky (surprise!) but the server he was in was full.

slider

The Frankman said:
I've been trying to join a clan for months. No dice.

A clan or the GAF clan? Have you PM'ed Sea Manky here and on PSN too? If you're active enough you could probably start your own clan. I'm not the best player (fairly middling actually) but I'd rather play regularly than with a bunch of hard-asses that only rarely get together!

JardeL

There are lots of great players @ IT-CTF server ... And it is always 32/32 [ except when the map is Destroyed Capitol :D ] ...

slider said:
A clan or the GAF clan? Have you PM'ed Sea Manky here and on PSN too? If you're active enough you could probably start your own clan. I'm not the best player (fairly middling actually) but I'd rather play regularly than with a bunch of hard-asses that only rarely get together!
Pm'ed Sea Manky ages ago. Nothing. I play at least every other day, if not daily.

User 406

Banned
The Frankman said:
Pm'ed Sea Manky ages ago. Nothing. I play at least every other day, if not daily.

Sorry it's taken so long to reply, but I'm still missing a piece of info from you, which expansions you have. Just let me know.

Also, anyone else who wants in, just read this and PM me the requested info:

Before I can send you an invite, I'll need some information from you for the roster:

- Your GAF username and PSN username

- How many people you can host: To find this out, just log on to Warhawk, go to Create Game, and the game will test your connection. Under Server Options, go down to the Max Players option. The biggest number you can host will be there.

- An email address we can use to contact you about clan business: If you don't wish to submit an email address, that's fine, just tell me so and I'll mark you down as a "No" for email. All email addresses will be kept private within the clan, and only used for emails about matches or clan stuff.

- Your time zone: Let us know where you are in the world so we can coordinate playing times better.

- What booster packs you have: Just list the ones you've got, and we'll be able to make better server rotations to accommodate everyone.

- Your username on gamebattles.com: If you don't have one, that's okay, just let me know that you don't. Registering on GB is optional, but in the event we start up GB activity again, you'll need to register if you want to participate in GB clan matches.

- Your general availability: Just a basic summary of the typical times you're playing Warhawk. If you're completely irregular or always available, just say so. :)

Just PM me back with the info and I'll send you an invite. Thanks!

JardeL

GAF clan still active ?.. I've never seen anyone from GAF on Warhawk and I'm playing day & nite ...

Anyway , last nite was one of my best on Warhawk ... 36 K - 2 D , 18 K\D ratio at Archipelago ... I love sniping :D ...

slider

EnthusiasTech said:
GAF clan still active ?.. I've never seen anyone from GAF on Warhawk and I'm playing day & nite ...

Anyway , last nite was one of my best on Warhawk ... 36 K - 2 D , 18 K\D ratio at Archipelago ... I love sniping :D ...

Sneaky bastard! :p

I play almost every day. Are you not in the clan itself? I very rarely see anyone online. :(

Send me a friends request if you can be bothered (hank_scorpio). I play Zones pretty much exclusively, am GMT and I'm not really that good a player. But I always have a blast!

Cheers.

Now that the Home space for Warhawk is coming this week (finally!), who's down for planning some strategy and kicking another clan to the curb?

slider

devildog820 said:
Now that the Home space for Warhawk is coming this week (finally!), who's down for planning some strategy and kicking another clan to the curb?

Damn straight. C'mon people - get involved. I can see it now. Huddled round the map... slider, you carry on running around like crazy with the flame thrower... oh ok, you can commit suicide a few times too but if we lose you're for the chop...

JardeL

What the hell ?.. I got Cluster Bomb badge in game , which is my last for `earn all in game badges` trophy , but it doesnt listed at Awards section ... So I cant get the Trophy , whats wrong with it ?..

It counts my kills with cluster bomb but not badges , damn ...

Q-bert

Banned
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/02/26/warhawk-playstation-home-space-walkthrough/
PlayStation.Blog said:
A couple days ago I visited with Incognito studio director Dylan Jobe (you know him well) about the Warhawk space that launches today in PlayStation Home. Dylan was nice enough to walk us through the Warhawk Command Center, and specifically through the Sand Table where you can lay out strategies for all Warhawk maps. It’s all really slick, and Dylan goes into some great detail about how it all works.

Also, starting today you can purchase Warhawk for $19.99 on the PlayStation Store (that’s $10 off!) for two weeks, ending on March 11. Individual Warhawk Booster packs are dropping down to $4.99, and the Booster Combo (all three individual Booster packs) drops to $9.99. But remember, the special Warhawk pricing ends on March 11, so be quick about it!

At this point, I think the staff at Incognito may be a bit disturbed, judging by the amount of ongoing support they have poured into this product.

Can't wait for other developers to step up to the plate.

Finally the price drop I was waiting for on the booster pack, just one question though, is the DRM on DLC the same as games, i.e. unlimited downloads on up to 5 different machines and you can get the download back by inactivating a machine?

EnthusiasTech said:

slider said:
Sneaky bastard! :p

I play almost every day. Are you not in the clan itself? I very rarely see anyone online. :(

Send me a friends request if you can be bothered (hank_scorpio). I play Zones pretty much exclusively, am GMT and I'm not really that good a player. But I always have a blast!

Cheers.

I play every now and again and I'm on the GAF clan, I might not play as much for the next 2 weeks because of Killzone 2 but I'll still play, I suck though, overall .65 K/D ratio or something. Feel free to send me a friend request, I never use headphones because no one on Warhawk uses them, but I could, my PSN ID is ThreeLeggedFreak.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I couldn't resist the boosters at that price. So shoot me a line if anybody wants to show me the ropes on the new maps.

PSN: Grizzlyjin

User 406

Banned
If anyone's interested, we're having a little GAF Warhawk practice game right now for some newbies. Server is a Player server, unranked, named MoodyShuffle, password: GAF. 24 players, so join! :D Cross talk is enabled so we can show people the ropes.

Edit: We're done now, might do it again another time. If we do, I'll post again.

slider

Sea Manky said:
If anyone's interested, we're having a little GAF Warhawk practice game right now for some newbies. Server is a Player server, unranked, named MoodyShuffle, password: GAF. 24 players, so join! :D Cross talk is enabled so we can show people the ropes.

Edit: We're done now, might do it again another time. If we do, I'll post again.

Missed it but please do. Everyone keep an eye on the thread!

slider

AranhaHunter said:
I play every now and again and I'm on the GAF clan, I might not play as much for the next 2 weeks because of Killzone 2 but I'll still play, I suck though, overall .65 K/D ratio or something. Feel free to send me a friend request, I never use headphones because no one on Warhawk uses them, but I could, my PSN ID is ThreeLeggedFreak.

Missed this earlier. My PS3 is packed up and shipped out of the country - and WH being on my drive I'm only playing it on my friends PS3. Hmm, might have to use his ID to get into the GAF clan...

If I find a decent workaround I'll send you that PM.

Cheers.

carlos

Sea Manky said:

Dang, missed it here too :(

hope to be there next time

Warhawk is trying to pull me back in with the new lower price on the expansions and the downloadable game....

I've been interested in a second copy for my brother for a long while now; now do I pay 19.99 or get the disc version for $13-15 off ebay?....

The biggest reason to get the psn version would be for the inevitable moment when the bluray drive craps out; it would be nice to be able to play off the hard drive and not have to send it in for repairs for a while...

I've been having a swell time with fallout, lbp, R2 and sf2hd, but I still would like to go back to WH once in a while :/ I just have to start controlling my playing time :(

Tntnnbltn

carlos said:
The biggest reason to get the psn version would be for the inevitable moment when the bluray drive craps out; it would be nice to be able to play off the hard drive and not have to send it in for repairs for a while...
(Exactly what I'm doing right now)

carlos

devildog820 said:

Yeah, if you're big on stats, that's a good site that has apparently gotten even better.

And fellas, after almost 3 weeks of quitting WH, I bought the downloadable version along with the latter 2 expansions that I was missing :)

I expect to be playing a lot during the weekends especially, so if you see me online, take advantage of the opportunity to blast me while I'm still learning the nuances of the new maps ;)

I've now spent around $100 bucks on WH and I don't regret it one bit; I've definitely gotten my moneys worth AND got to meet and play with many of you gentlemen as well. See ya online!

Top Bottom