• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Fizzle

I wasn't really thinking of joining a clan and being active, i just want a single legendary 32 player unranked GAF deathmatch just for the lulz. Like how it's supposed to be played on forums.:D

One day it will happen, when it does PM me!

slider

Fizzle said:
I wasn't really thinking of joining a clan and being active, i just want a single legendary 32 player unranked GAF deathmatch just for the lulz. Like how it's supposed to be played on forums.:D

:lol

But yeah, what TTOB said. Damn, I'd forgotten I'd registered at VGEVO.com. With time off til '09 time for some Warhawk Wed action.

Fizzle said:

You don't need to be in a clan to play!

It's all comers. Unranked. Cross chat is on so you can rib one another even if you're on opposing teams. Generally it's a real fun time.

TTOB, under what name is the server for Warhawk Wednesdays? Unranked = good idea, since I haven't played the game in months and just want to have a fun time.

Jack Scofield said:
TTOB, under what name is the server for Warhawk Wednesdays? Unranked = good idea, since I haven't played the game in months and just want to have a fun time.

interactivedistractions IIRC

Head over to VGEVO to get the password and whatnot.

slider

Saw revolverjgw online last night. He was in a Japanese official server. Gah, it was a mistake jumping into that - the lag (around 283) killed it for me. I took a battering cos of the, y'know... lag (yes, I am making excuses!).

My limit had always been 300 before that but, seriously, I'm never going above 100 again.

Tntnnbltn

slider said:
My limit had always been 300 before that but, seriously, I'm never going above 100 again.
Wow. Pretty much all the games I play are in the 200-300 region, sometimes 400. It's rare for me to stumble across an Australian server (they give ~60).

slider

Tntnnbltn said:
Wow. Pretty much all the games I play are in the 200-300 region, sometimes 400. It's rare for me to stumble across an Australian server (they give ~60).

I'm in the UK and the Euro servers are usually around 31 - that really works for me although if I check other players pings and they're over 300 I will watch out for strange laggy happenings.

I do most of my work on-foot (God bless the flamethrower), but on this Japanese server I was constantly getting zapped by grenades being thrown that I just didn't see coming. I'm not making excuses - I swear they hit me and didn't show on screen.

Still, lesson learned. The US servers usually hit around 100 for me.

exarkun

Yo guys, I've just recently gotten back into Warhawk and was looking to play with some gaffers. If anyone is wanting to play or whatnot, just hit me up. I'll be on from 5 or 6pm on most weekdays. PSN: exarkun, I could use some warhawk friends.

Tntnnbltn

exarkun said:
Yo guys, I've just recently gotten back into Warhawk and was looking to play with some gaffers. If anyone is wanting to play or whatnot, just hit me up. I'll be on from 5 or 6pm on most weekdays. PSN: exarkun, I could use some warhawk friends.
You'll need a timezone on that.

Tntnnbltn

Game-related question: What's the best way to get down from the upper level of the base in an APC on the Destroyed Capitol map?

Here's my current strategy on BM Destroyed Capitol CTF:
5bqix3.jpg

If I see the enemy APC is free, I steal it and boost up to the top level near their base. I reverse park next to that building (so I can see in front of me). If no one sees me arrive, I can usually I can stay there for a good 5-10 minutes and keep spawning troops to rush the enemy base. The other team rarely looks over where I park as there's no weapons or anything there, and the buildings obscure the view of Warhawks.

Most times when someone gets the flag, they head off towards one of the jeeps at the front and make their own way off. Every now and again though, someone grabs the flag and runs back to me, expecting me to drive them back.

Currently when I need to get down I boost off the mound of dirt directly opposite to my entry point, but even then I usually get stuck and need one or two boosts to get free. It's alright if I'm just heading for the gear fixing thing at the back or something. Not so good when everyone on the map can see me.

Is there a better way of getting down that I haven't found yet?

User 406

Banned
I was just logging on, so I started a quick local game and played around with it, and you can actually climb over any of the retaining walls as long as you hit them straight on with some momentum, no need to boost. So take your pick.

Tntnnbltn

Sea Manky said:
I was just logging on, so I started a quick local game and played around with it, and you can actually climb over any of the retaining walls as long as you hit them straight on with some momentum, no need to boost. So take your pick.
The problem is finding a good spot to go over. A lot of the parts around the bottom have garden beds or rubble which can block your escape once you get down.

I think I did find a spot though. If I aim between the two flower beds at the top of my entrance, and stick as close to the right one as possible, I land in a clear spot and can drive out.

User 406

Banned
Well, the slope opposite your entry path was very easy to go down, and there's also the rubble pile on the front of the base. There's a small rock in the way there, but your wheels will straddle it and you can boost past and then it's an easy slope down.

Tntnnbltn

dwin45 said:
Oh, you are
2woarh01.jpg

(I recognise half the people here by avatar only :lol )

That last game was fun, despite the defeating loss. I ended up just playing around with the APC in their base. Unfortunately it's now 11AM, and I haven't been to bed yet. :(

dwin45

I was playing earlier. I didn't see your post though. I usually just play Capture the Flag on ranked servers. PSN=dwin45. add me. I'm not promising that I'm very good though.

Tntnnbltn

According to the stats, my favourite vehicle is now the APC. My time playing BM CTF has had it's effect.

Also, is it Warhawk Wednesday? (I never know with Australian timezones. It's 1am Thursday here so I suppose it must be)

Tntnnbltn

Holy fucking ping.
4gg9wl.jpg

Dunno what happened there. It was interesting but. I was playing with a friend, and he was completely invisible. His name wouldn't even appear on the teams list. If he was in a tank, I couldn't get on. In the end I got in the tank first and went passenger, then he drove.

My view: We're just sitting in the tank shed and never move. I see some guy coming out of the mine shed with mines and I'm like 'oh fuck'. Then I hear the gear fixing noise. Then the tank catches on fire. Then BANG I'm half way across the map with a 4x4 in front of me gunning us down and I blow up.

slider

Fuck me Tntnnbltn, are you on the Moon??

I've had that sort of weird behaviour but never on that scale - but at least it validates for me my never go above 300 view. I will try to outdo that ping though.

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
What happened to all the servers???

I logged on yesterday and found 16 servers total, the biggest with 12 ppl online.... some had 4 or 5 and mostly 0.

where are the official European servers? did support end?

User 406

Banned
spyshagg said:

I logged on yesterday and found 16 servers total, the biggest with 12 ppl online.... some had 4 or 5 and mostly 0.

I don't see anyone freaking out on the official Warhawk boards, so I guess it's just Monday Maintenance.

Blackface

Banned
I am picking up a PS3 this week and I am really looking forward to it. However, I have a question.

Is Warhawk still worth picking it up? Mainly, is the community still active? THis thread seems to be doing pretty good lol.

Eccocid

Trax416 said:
I am picking up a PS3 this week and I am really looking forward to it. However, I have a question.

Is Warhawk still worth picking it up? Mainly, is the community still active? THis thread seems to be doing pretty good lol.

Yeah its still quite active.. You can find TONS of ppl for Capture the Flag especially (not many ppl play ZONES anymore boho ). Don't forget to get the DLC Bundle which has all 3 expansions in it.

slider

Trax416 said:

Do it and come back to this thread. Despite there being little clan activity you'll see random bods in here posting their experiences. Shouldn't be too difficult at least getting a few of us together.

As for the wider community... hell yeah. As Eccocid said CTF is always popular (for the points!) but I play Zones exclusively and you'll see other servers with players in.

Cheers!

spyshagg

Sea Manky said:
I don't see anyone freaking out on the official Warhawk boards, so I guess it's just Monday Maintenance.

There is something going on with the servers listing in my game...

I search for servers and only 3 or 4 appear, all non-ranked, bad ping. Messing with the filters didn't help.

Right after that I searched for my buddies and they were playing on the good official servers, 30 players servers with ping 70. And I could join them through the buddy searching) no problem.
Its the kind of servers that used to show up on the server listing (and there were lots lots lots of them).

So they exist but I can't see them... This is very bad. Is there support for this type of problems? can incognito help?

thanks

User 406

Banned
I don't see anyone complaining about the problem on the forums, so I can only suggest a couple broad spectrum remedies.

First, check your connection type, if it's NAT type 3, forward the proper ports on your router so you can get type 2. http://marcrust.blogspot.com/2007/07/ps3-psn-firewall-port-numbers.html

If that's not the problem, maybe there's something corrupt in your install. Try deleting the game data from your hard drive and reinstalling the game.

Other than that, I have no idea why that would be happening.

spyshagg

yeah I'm an IT, so my network is flawless :D nat2. Ps3 is in the dmz.

Will I need to download everything again? the game and all the packs?

this is so annoying...

thanks for the help :)

slider

spyshagg said:

Shit, you weren't kidding. No Euro official servers. I fiddled with my filter settings too. Hmm, I'll head to the Official Board and see what's what.

EDIT: I logged off and carried on working. Logged back in and all was well again. Intriguing.

spyshagg

yes it seems login out and in (inside warhawk) does work.... But the listing is very weird.
If I list the servers from the best ping to the worst, it doesn't show like that.
First it shows from the best to the worst of the "green" servers, and then the same for the "blues"

anyway, now I can enter them :)

btw, 800 thousand ppl on the ranking.... thats almost a million warkawks sold. Good for them (make warhawk2!)

carlos

So hello again guys, after having a busted DSL line for two weeks, I've returned....

During the break, I tried to play some split screen games, but I had a weird problem:

I had turned off my router and disabled my internet connection on the PS3; when I went and tried to start an offline game, the game got stuck on "initializing network"

After a while it got unstuck and sent me back to the title screen; I tried many times, always with the same result.

It only worked when I turned on the router (it had no internet signal coming in); does this mean that if I took my ps3 to a routerless home I wouldn't be able to start a splitscreen offline game???

I could've sworn it wasn't this way before....can anyone out there confirm/deny this?

Fizzle

Okay guy's, anyobdoy up for an epic N4G vs GAF clan match, it's really just an excuse to play the game again, but we've been playing it recently so if you want to come and revive the game then, join. Who is the GAF Warhawk clan leader?

____

Hey guys I'm trying to rank up....

basically, I need 15,000 points. I've just broke 14,000 but I'm trying to figure out what's the mode/game that gets the most points?

spyshagg

____ said:
Hey guys I'm trying to rank up....

basically, I need 15,000 points. I've just broke 14,000 but I'm trying to figure out what's the mode/game that gets the most points?

hello dear sir.

what the fuck am I supposed to call you?

sincerely

Foil

Finally got the means of picking up the booster packs from PSN, so I'll be back on within the week packing all the content. Hopefully we can get a huge GAF clan game going just for fun in the future.

I'm going to get my ass kicked for the first little while on these new maps. :lol

spyshagg

you guys probably hate guys like me, but I really only play warhawk to frag ppl up in
absurd and annoying ways, sneaking, hiding, stealth stuff lol

I love ground mines. I place them in strategic places and I keep changing the pattern so that the other team keeps dying when escaping with the Flag or the other way around.
Particularly in Island Outpost CTF. Sometimes they get so pissed off they only care about killing me and forget about the flag lol

In archipelago CTF I grab the sniper and I camp where the other team doesn't expect nobody to be there... I love seeing the dudes with the jetpacks explode after I snipe
them lol so much fun.

Also in archipelago CTF when I'm not snipping, I grab a tank and a wrench and I go the fortress in the middle of the map, I block my side of the entrance like a movable door lol. I let my team pass and I block the others that have no choice but crash into me.... poor suckers.

I don't have many more strategies for the other maps, but these two are great for the way I play.

that's how I have fun in open world games

Top Bottom