• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

User 406

Banned
For Eccocid, CHRP718, and anyone else interested in joining the clan:

Before I can send you an invite, I'll need some information from you for the roster:

- GAF and PSN names.

- How many people you can host: To find this out, just log on to Warhawk, go to Create Game, and the game will test your connection. Under Server Options, go down to the Max Players option. The biggest number you can host will be there.

- An email address we can use to contact you about clan business: If you don't wish to submit an email address, that's fine, just tell me so and I'll mark you down as a "No". All email addresses will be kept private within the clan, and only used for emails about matches or clan stuff.

- Your time zone: Let us know where you are in the world so we can coordinate playing times better.

- What booster packs you have: Just list the ones you've got, and we'll be able to make better server rotations to accommodate everyone.

- Your username on gamebattles.com: If you don't have one, that's okay, just let me know that you don't. Registering on GB is optional, but in the event we start up GB activity again, you'll need to register if you want to participate in GB clan matches.

- Your general availability: Just a basic summary of the typical times you're playing Warhawk. If you're completely irregular or always available, just say so. :)

Just PM me back with the info and I'll send you an invite. Thanks!

icechai

wow i have to give props to Sea Manky for his dedication to this game. Think I'll be playing a few here and there, missing some good vehicular combat ctf :)

slider

icechai said:
wow i have to give props to Sea Manky for his dedication to this game. Think I'll be playing a few here and there, missing some good vehicular combat ctf :)

It's a two way street! You play it, you get rewarded.

It'd be cool if we could get a server running for current GAF WH Clan to possibly take on the old-schoolers... you, ChryZ, CSSer, freethought, deepbrow, Ceb, JardeL and any others I've no doubt forgotten. I owe ChryZ in particular. Yes, I never forget... :|

User 406

Banned
In the tradition of making crappy youtube music videos over game footage, I made this last night playing around with iMovie as a My First Video Editing project: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwSTSK9XZmE

Pretty simple first attempt, just edited out spawn times and timed things to match the start and end of the music sequence I was interested in. It's a dogfight DM I filmed a while back, and the action with the music pretty much expresses how dogfighting in Warhawk sometimes feels for me. :p

Hope you get a kick out of it.

Trevelyan

Banned
It's been close to a year now that I've stopped playing WOWhawk, but I want to get back into it. This hot summer sun reminds me of when i first bought it, and damn, i wanna shoot some people down. Going to brush up on my skills a bit, but if there's a new clan forming, I'm all for it.

Tntnnbltn

So I tried the Battlefield 1943 demo the other day...

Immediate first impression: What is this first person perspective? I miss Warhawk.

Speaking of..... Time for a quick match before lunch.

Trevelyan

Banned
Bearillusion said:
I don't mind BF but it's no Warhawk. It seems good until you jump over to Warhawk and are reminded of how amazing the game is.
Truth. I'm back into the game after taking a 10-month break, and damn, this game is still absolutely amazing almost 2 years after launch.

icechai

Tntnnbltn said:
So I tried the Battlefield 1943 demo the other day...

Immediate first impression: What is this first person perspective? I miss Warhawk.

Speaking of..... Time for a quick match before lunch.

actually, playing BF 1943 made me think, damn Warhawk is so awesome even after all these years, especially in comparison... next it made me think... First person in Warhawk would be pretty awesome actually (infantry mode only) :p

carlos

Yeah, I too enjoyed the 1943 demo, but flight in WH makes it a lot better overall, methinks.

Oh, and revolverjgw, sorry about bailing on todays game, but lately I've been enjoying Fctf much more than regular ctf; at least when there's a base rape in fctf, the game is over in 10 minutes. I don't have the patience to last the full 30 minutes anymore....

Tntnnbltn

Whenever getting utterly base-raped in Tundra Assault, I've recently taken to habit of abusing the centre base flag capture trick.

Fly your plane next to the flag and you can get onto one of the upper levels of the half-demolished building. If you crouch behind the corner which is closest to the flag, you are able to recapture it. Most people don't know about the spot so they won't come looking for you.

I found out about this when some wanker used it on me at the start of the match. I had seen him jump down there from the roof, but didn't know how to get up (I was in an APC at the time). Spent 3 minutes sitting there so he couldn't capture it. People were spawning from me and I was trying to nudge the wall to show where he was. Ended up finding out how to get there when I was passenger in someone else's plane and they flew into the building to get him.

But yeah, it's a good little trick. Like I said, I'd only ever use it when my team is being base-raped. If you have centre base, at least you can spawn somewhere else. I always retreat back from the flag capture zone a little bit when an enemy comes though so they don't realise I'm still there, then they leave and I capture it again.

carlos

lol, yeah, I noticed you had to be there one time, I got down there and started capturing/letting you recapture/capturing/etc. for a while.
Threw a couple of granades up there, but I had no ide where you were exactly...

Pretty weird for that corner of the house to be able to capture that point, it is pretty far away from the flag.

Tntnnbltn

Lol, that was you? I remember some 'nades headed up my way during on of the matches.

Another time I was retreating backwards and someone hit me with a rocket through a doorway on the side.

carlos said:
Yeah, I too enjoyed the 1943 demo, but flight in WH makes it a lot better overall, methinks.

Oh, and revolverjgw, sorry about bailing on todays game, but lately I've been enjoying Fctf much more than regular ctf; at least when there's a base rape in fctf, the game is over in 10 minutes. I don't have the patience to last the full 30 minutes anymore....

I mainly play the full maps, I like the scale, but baseraping is ruining this game for me. I've played 10 games today, every one a baserape, receiving end of 8 of them. It's just shit. Home bases have maybe one missile turret, that takes 2 minutes to respawn, and 2 RPGs. Useless against smart pilots and distant binoculators.

I enjoyed a baserape just now with Hank_scorpio of GAF and Markjayw. We just got pounded like fucking crazy. At one point, Mark went like 0 and 12 and had negative points and went insane, which lightened the mood a bit. :lol

It's fucking boring baseraping and infuriating getting raped.

EDIT- now I'm being baseraped by Markjayw and his BOW cronies

I don't know what to do anymore

Markjayw? I know him, played games with/against him.

He is a reason I play some games with my mic off. He is the first to blame (i.e. curse) at people if something isn't going right. We're winning 4-0 and he's cursing at a guy for not getting in a tank and leting him get picked up in a dropship... never mind he was in a Warhawk and shooting a guy who stole a flag. Seriously, if I'm in a game with him and we're on the same side I quit or teamswitch just to avoid him. Dude is like a 10-year old on XBox Live.

The Frankman said:
Markjayw? I know him, played games with/against him.

He is a reason I play some games with my mic off. He is the first to blame (i.e. curse) at people if something isn't going right. We're winning 4-0 and he's cursing at a guy for not getting in a tank and leting him get picked up in a dropship... never mind he was in a Warhawk and shooting a guy who stole a flag. Seriously, if I'm in a game with him and we're on the same side I quit or teamswitch just to avoid him. Dude is like a 10-year old on XBox Live.

I love getting in games with him for the entertainment factor, I don't take him too seriously, but he is a AAA douche. He's called me out during intermissions on a few occasions for using the stealth too much (once during a game where it was always 6 planes against me whenever I dared get in the air). And minutes ago I watched him hover over our base in Archipelago stealthed just to TOW single troops.

User 406

Banned
Yeah, MJW is a legend over on the Warhawk boards for being an insufferable cunt. He's a racist shitbag with anger management problems and I won't stay in a game with him. He's not even that skilled, for all that he's played the game for 4400 hours. Six hours per fucking day for two years of being a screaming asshat in a video game. Apparently he has a job, a wife, and a kid too. It's a crazy world.

slider

revolverjgw said:
I mainly play the full maps, I like the scale, but baseraping is ruining this game for me. I've played 10 games today, every one a baserape, receiving end of 8 of them. It's just shit. Home bases have maybe one missile turret, that takes 2 minutes to respawn, and 2 RPGs. Useless against smart pilots and distant binoculators.

I enjoyed a baserape just now with Hank_scorpio of GAF and Markjayw. We just got pounded like fucking crazy. At one point, Mark went like 0 and 12 and had negative points and went insane, which lightened the mood a bit. :lol

It's fucking boring baseraping and infuriating getting raped.

EDIT- now I'm being baseraped by Markjayw and his BOW cronies

I don't know what to do anymore

Heh, don't know if enjoyed is the word!

That was awful. Usually if I'm on the dominant team I'll switch teams (as if it makes any difference). I was half temtped to drop out... and just as well I don't give a hoot about my K/D ratio.

Bearillusion said:
What makes the snow map better than the last one? I'm thinking of buying it soon.

Fairly large.

Less annoying vertical stage layouts.

As much as I love Omega Factory, the stage has a lot of annoying ass climbing, and screwy - for Warhawk - vehicle placement / spawn points.

Plus the APC fucking rocks.

Sea Manky said:
Six hours per fucking day for two years of being a screaming asshat in a video game. Apparently he has a job, a wife, and a kid too. It's a crazy world.

I had this horrific epiphany courtesy of neoGAF many years ago. This site is the perfect argument for eugenics. :p

Sea Manky said:
Yeah, MJW is a legend over on the Warhawk boards for being an insufferable cunt. He's a racist shitbag with anger management problems and I won't stay in a game with him. He's not even that skilled, for all that he's played the game for 4400 hours. Six hours per fucking day for two years of being a screaming asshat in a video game. Apparently he has a job, a wife, and a kid too. It's a crazy world.
.. I hate to tell you this but after he flipped on me for RETAKING A BASE instead of coming with him to lay mines on a base we didn't have I had went off on him. He said "GAF clan? I know Sea Manky, he ain't shit I been killing him all the time!" I was like "Yeah whatever".

ugh...

slider

The Frankman said:
.. I hate to tell you this but after he flipped on me for RETAKING A BASE instead of coming with him to lay mines on a base we didn't have I had went off on him. He said "GAF clan? I know Sea Manky, he ain't shit I been killing him all the time!" I was like "Yeah whatever".

ugh...

Ugh is right. I only ever look out for fellow GAFfers, buddies and sometimes clans. But now I know this guy I'm gonna either kill him or, if he's too good, annoy the hell outta him.

Go GAF.

Kinda off topic:

I joined GAFe when warhawk first dropped (my GAF account is just now activated) and got kicked off in like 3 days because no one knew who I was :lol

Since then I've played on NmE, ^V^, and Terror Squad (friend requested). I consider myself to be one at least top 50 pilots. If you guys still play here as a clan and need a good pilot, my PSN is soundahfekz.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Man after playing 1943...kinda makes me want to play Warhawk again
Got my roommate addicted to this game awhile ago...who just recently got his like 8 year old nephew addicted to the game :lol

The Frankman said:

ugh...

I've played with and against Mark. His rants are hilarious if you don't take him seriously. Behind all those hours he still can't fly worth shit.

There's no way he can beat Manky. There's definitely no way he can beat me. Not in the air at least.

slider

soundahfekz said:
Kinda off topic:

I joined GAFe when warhawk first dropped (my GAF account is just now activated) and got kicked off in like 3 days because no one knew who I was :lol

Since then I've played on NmE, ^V^, and Terror Squad (friend requested). I consider myself to be one at least top 50 pilots. If you guys still play here as a clan and need a good pilot, my PSN is soundahfekz.

Dude, you're on my friends list (although slightly different PSN ID?)! We "met" in Warhawk and I see you playing even more than I do. Anyway, welcome.

There's a post somewhere on how to join the Clan. Maybe a page or so back. Sea Manky is obviously clan leader but he'll need info on timezone, PSN and a few others bits. I'll edit it in when I find it.

EDIT: Here.

slider said:
Dude, you're on my friends list (although slightly different PSN ID?)! We "met" in Warhawk and I see you playing even more than I do. Anyway, welcome.

There's a post somewhere on how to join the Clan. Maybe a page or so back. Sea Manky is obviously clan leader but he'll need info on timezone, PSN and a few others bits. I'll edit it in when I find it.

EDIT: Here.

I think you're probably talking about "efekz", a lot of people get us confused with the similar names (i've had mine for over 10 years now hah).

Manky never answers his PSN, I'll send a PM when I grab another DS3 (we all know warhawk eats through them).

slider

soundahfekz said:
I think you're probably talking about "efekz", a lot of people get us confused with the similar names (i've had mine for over 10 years now hah).

Manky never answers his PSN, I'll send a PM when I grab another DS3 (we all know warhawk eats through them).

Heh, I'll have to curb my enthusiasm. But I feel all weird knowing the guy on my list is a phony... He's pretty good but plays CTF pretty much exclusively - I'm more a Zones guy.

Anyway, PM here is the best way to get in I think. See you online...

Tntnnbltn

I see what you did there, Sea Manky. D:

Edit: Got a server disconnect on Badlands. Thought it was strange that all of the planes were flying in circles. :p

squinters

astigmatic
Oh my gosh, not only does Gaf have an online section, they also have a Warhawk thread. Where were these impressions when I was on the fence about this game?

Anyway, I got this game a couple months ago and started enjoying it (though I sucked, and probably still do) but now TF2 has been sucking most of my time. But reading thrugh dome of these epic posts is making me want to hop in for another match. I'm starting to remember the joy and intensity of riding in the back of a jeep, shooting down Warhawks and other jeeps, while my driver (who also has the flag) is driving the miles it takes to get to the other side of Eucadia.

Quick question, are the booster packs worth it? The maps up to the same quality as the rest? New weapons and vehicles interesting? Are the games are populated?

slider

Tntnnbltn said:
Didn't my awesome story a couple weeks back convince you to try CTF more often?

Heh... you certainly have a way with words and that story was certainly enticing... Next time I see anyone from GAF or friends list in a CTF match I'll join in (Frankman most likely). My problem is I very rarely capture myself so get disillusioned!

Hey guys, I'm looking at finding a new ISP and while I'm at it I was wondering what UL/DL speeds would be optimal to look for if I would like to host 32 player Warhawk rooms?

Thanks.

User 406

Banned
The Take Out Bandit said:
Hey guys, I'm looking at finding a new ISP and while I'm at it I was wondering what UL/DL speeds would be optimal to look for if I would like to host 32 player Warhawk rooms?

Thanks.

Here's a pretty good thread of info from the Warhawk boards:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?message.uid=33520032#U33520032

From the looks of it, you'd want a high upload speed in excess of 3.5Mbps.

If you find a good ISP for that around here, let me know, I'd love to ditch American Telephone & Traitor. >:|

slider

The Frankman said:
Does GAF compete on GameBattles? I just signed up...

I think TTOB is on there and there's a clan message about Gamebattles. But for some reason I never joined up... is it an ordeal or pretty straightforward to sign up? Not that it matters... I can check myself when I get home.

slider said:
I think TTOB is on there and there's a clan message about Gamebattles. But for some reason I never joined up... is it an ordeal or pretty straightforward to sign up? Not that it matters... I can check myself when I get home.
Gamebattles website is ass. When you register it'll take a day or two to be accepted even though it says right away.

Also name of the clan isn't on site.

User 406

Banned
We may have been dropped due to inactivity, since we haven't done a GB in over a year. Honestly, GB is a pile of shit anyway. Most clans are risk averse so they won't accept a challenge if you've beaten anyone good, and they'll rules lawyer the shit out of everything in order to force a forfeit for an easy win. Then there's the mega-clans at the top who have the winning records to attract all the real talent who just newbie pound all day. And frankly, we're hardly organized enough for regular participation anyway. :p

Sea Manky said:
Here's a pretty good thread of info from the Warhawk boards:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?message.uid=33520032#U33520032

From the looks of it, you'd want a high upload speed in excess of 3.5Mbps.

If you find a good ISP for that around here, let me know, I'd love to ditch American Telephone & Traitor. >:|

Yeah so far it's full of fail.

All I'm finding is companies that AIDST&T leases lines to, that they then offer their rates on. :|

Additionally I'm selling my Warhawk player. Third time is not a charm. My backup data is not restoring and I'm through with fucking with Sony's faulty hardware and DRM shenanigans for now.

I'll look into the less Xbox PS3 when they release the slim model. Assuming they can get it down to at least the size of the original PS2. :|

Top Bottom