• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Core407

Banned
Grayman said:
it's a feature on the disc. one person owning warhawk can setup a lan session with multiple ps3s

It's like 30 other PS3's which is nuts. I'm so tempted to download the game tonight but $40 is sooo much. Should have charged $30 max.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Firewire said:
800MB, which is compressed. Actual size after download who the hell knows!

awesome, I was worried it would be much larger than that since I'm stuck on shitty satellite intertrons 'till I get back to my sweet sweet school's T-whatever next week.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Firewire said:
800MB, which is compressed. Actual size after download who the hell knows!

800MB, the game uncompresses on the fly when you load a map.

polyh3dron said:
Sorry to break it to everyone, but the PSN store release has been postponed to August 30th.. check the link:

ThreeSpeech

The OP should be updated with this info..

Thats only for the Euro release. The N.A. release is scheduled at 12:01 EST, Aug. 28.

Roxas

PleoMax said:
Why the hell does an European game get released later in Europe?

Stop raping the Europeans man.

The excuse was that its because the Euro store only gets updated on Thursday's. which is utter BS as last week, they updated it on the Wednesday due to Leipzig. Plus, isnt the U.S store updated on Thursday's too?

Firewire

Banned
Roxas said:
The excuse was that its because the Euro store only gets updated on Thursday's. which is utter BS as last week, they updated it on the Wednesday due to Leipzig. Plus, isnt the U.S store updated on Thursday's too?

Every store gets updated on Thursdays.

Thats why this doesn't make any sense to me. I don't understand why they would exclude Europe because of the usual Thursday thing, just doesn't make any sense.

Sony should put out an official statement, explaining whats happening where & what. Fuck Threespeech.

FightyF

Banned
130 servers times 32 players on each...means 4160 players. While 130 servers is quite a bit, I suppose they are also expecting a lot of player created servers, because I can see this game selling a million copies easily.

PleoMax

Banned
FightyF said:
130 servers times 32 players on each...means 4160 players. While 130 servers is quite a bit, I suppose they are also expecting a lot of player created servers, because I can see this game selling a million copies easily.

An online only game, i doubt it will even get near of the 1 million mark.

Firewire

Banned
PleoMax said:
An online only game, i doubt it will even get near of the 1 million mark.

There are allot of people talking about this game! Whats really attractive about it to most is the mix of ground & air combat.

Proc

Shit hawks randy...shit hawks.

MrLahey.jpg

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Sucks we have to wait until wednesday for the retail version. i better get no crap from the dorks at EB for not preordering.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
chubigans said:
TTP, please please please can you tell me if just one of those official servers is an unranked splitscreen game?

Nope. All official servers are ranked.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
FightyF said:

Not all the servers are 32p. There are servers for any number of players (8, 16, 24...).

dralla

can you actually switch teams in the lobby on these servers or is that option disabled? I don't want to play with random people

CSSer

dralla said:
can you actually switch teams in the lobby on these servers or is that option disabled? I don't want to play with random people

I think you can only switch teams during a game. I don't remember switching teams in the lobby during the beta. The lobby/post game summary just lists stats, and the next maps in rotation.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
dralla said:

There is no "proper" pre-game lobby where u can talk/arrange teams, but you can change sides anytime midgame unless it unbalances the teams.

edit: beated

Ferrio

Banned
So this releases tonight?

I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my preorder, just getting the damn game and buying a headset later.

It is going to be a pain in the ass waiting for my $39.99 retail copy to ship from Best Buy. I want to download it tonight... :(

Ok. So i got the $5 Off coupon from Best buy. It says "Not Valid with other promotions". Does that mean it won't help in reducing Warhawk to $34.99, or do they mean something else by other promotions (since the flyer doesn't say "Save $30 After Instant Savings" for Warhawk)?

(P.S. Canadien!)

Timan

Developer
Hopefully there are enough people to dish out 40$ tonight so we can get some games going.

Isn't this the most expensive DLC on consoles right now?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Timan said:
Hopefully there are enough people to dish out 40$ tonight so we can get some games going.

Isn't this the most expensive DLC on consoles right now?

Nope, Lumines Live with all its modes total out to $45 or so.

Besides, you really can't compare this game with other DLC like SSHD or something. It's a retail game, made available to download also.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
This sounds weird, but I wish I could buy an empty Warhawk box for my shelf. DLC for me, but it'd be neat to still have some form of hard copy.

Trout

Banned
I want to do this as well, but I got a 10% coupon via email when I pre-ordered from gamestop. I don't see my self playing Vegas more anyway so I might as well trade that in while I'm at it. Plus I don't have a headset.

Can't justify the $40, even though I'd like to play it tonight, and would rather not have to insert the disc each time I play.

what do us downloaders do for a manual? I thought I heard something about an online manual and that seems like a good way to kill 3 hours and 20 minutes. Anyone know where I can find it?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
notjackbauer said:
what do us downloaders do for a manual? I thought I heard something about an online manual and that seems like a good way to kill 3 hours and 20 minutes. Anyone know where I can find it?

There was a beta manual online somewhere. Let me do some digging real quick.

Top Bottom