• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

The thing that kills me is after a layoff the amount of people who don't get the strategy in CTF. I had 5 games that turned into Zones battles with the flag never being touched for both teams in a week. It's like everyone wants to baserape before going for the flag and forget the actual process of grabbing a flag and bringing it out can cause a frenzy which leads to baserape.

DoomGyver

I really hope they remove the LAND/AIR mines in the next game. It's impossible to 100% avoid them when players are putting them under tanks/jeeps/planes. Pisses me off so much.

Full Recovery said:
I really hope they remove the LAND/AIR mines in the next game. It's impossible to 100% avoid them when players are putting them under tanks/jeeps/planes. Pisses me off so much.
... shoot them down. I shoot down like 5-7 air mines on the ground with regular fire form guns/tanks/missiles, and if they're that close that the minute you take off you die you're not being observant enough.

That being said, either extend the re-spawn time for some stuff or lower the amount of spawn points.

slider

Full Recovery said:

I love doing that. : (

slider

Heh, I got a PSN msg from some Warhawk guy. He's hosting a 16p game tomorrow @9pm EST. Anyone interested? No idea of game rotations or anything but it seems he's keen to get a regular thing going and messaged me outta the blue.

PSN me if you want the details.
PSN = hank_scorpio

Is there a glitch that allows players to fall from extreme heights without taking damage or death? For instance on the Destroyed Capital; to go all the way on top of the highest point. And drop to the bottom without dying?

slider

slider said:
Heh, I got a PSN msg from some Warhawk guy. He's hosting a 16p game tomorrow @9pm EST. Anyone interested? No idea of game rotations or anything but it seems he's keen to get a regular thing going and messaged me outta the blue.

PSN me if you want the details.
PSN = hank_scorpio

Just got off the server. Was quite good fun. Max number of players was around 12/14 I think but we had big maps to play with. Standard wasn't off the scale but... I didn't come top! Rotation was TDM, CTF and very occasionally Zones.

I'm hoping it'll become a regular event so feel free to msg me if you guys are interested. : )

LovingSteam: Never experienced that myself...

slider said:
Just got off the server. Was quite good fun. Max number of players was around 12/14 I think but we had big maps to play with. Standard wasn't off the scale but... I didn't come top! Rotation was TDM, CTF and very occasionally Zones.

I'm hoping it'll become a regular event so feel free to msg me if you guys are interested. : )

LovingSteam: Never experienced that myself...
I was supposed to be in that... in Philly visiting though.

EDIT: There is a glitch btw.

Tntnnbltn

LovingSteam said:
Is there a glitch that allows players to fall from extreme heights without taking damage or death? For instance on the Destroyed Capital; to go all the way on top of the highest point. And drop to the bottom without dying?
Yes. It involves throwing grenades on the way down.

Tntnnbltn said:
Yes. It involves throwing grenades on the way down.

Thanks man. I never knew about this and I have been playing since it came out lol. Could have saved myself quite a few deaths :lol BTW, does it work with grenades as it leads the computer to think that you fell and died even though it was the grenade? Wonder if it was purposely left out by the devs or they just don't care to fix it at this stage of the game.

Edit: Also, are there any regular GAF servers?

Tntnnbltn

Stupid fucking fukkidy fuck fuck fuck.

As part of my venting over this stupid piece of shit game, I'm going to post a photograph every time it freezes and leaves me staring at a static picture while listening to standard background sounds.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

aakwlx.jpg

Unicorn

Plane controls weren't intuitive; ground control was clunky. Is it better when I get used to the controls? Why are planes so awkward to control?

GodofWine

Unicorn said:
Plane controls weren't intuitive; ground control was clunky. Is it better when I get used to the controls? Why are planes so awkward to control?

Change to Pro controls..and get used to the controls that way, much less 'wonky' (no auto-roll etc).

...Warhawk wednesday...lets make it happen...can anyone here host more than 12 people...

Tntnnbltn

The Frankman said:
C'mon you've been playing long enough to know that map always has problems.
I know it does. That's why it's so fucking annoying. It's an awesome map for APC driving.

(I wonder if the Eucadia freeze glitch is why Eucadia isn't on European (ALL)-CTF rotations)

Tntnnbltn

Tntnnbltn said:
As part of my venting over this stupid piece of shit game, I'm going to post a photograph every time it freezes and leaves me staring at a static picture while listening to standard background sounds.
Days played: 2
Number of freezes: 3 (I also got one during the network initialization screen, which was a new one)

ny74gi.jpg

Tank got me via lag, too. I dropped that bubble shield before death, and he wasn't inside it.

This is God's way of telling you to stop playing APC games so much. You spam them more than rick_wright spams tanks! :D

C'mon and play some CTF games! If the draw factor frustrates you play with aced-14.

Tntnnbltn said:
That's a bit ironic coming from you.
On that map it's my philosophy you HAVE do use them since there are so many. What happens is I usually take one just to stop the enemy from grabbing them from bases we have and hiding it. Way too may APC's on those maps... I will usually go where I'm needed or play as a "defend a point" guy. However maps w/ APCs I can't play that way at all since one APC can mean the difference between stability and being mobbed.

I had one of the most amazing experiences in Warhawk yesterday. I have been playing since the game came out a few years ago and have racked up nearly 600 hours. Never have I experienced what I did yesterday. So we are playing CTF Island Outpost and its 16 vs 16. Our team has every base but cannot get the flag out of the other teams base. We have tons of fliers while the other has a few. Finally one of our players gets the flag out to the closest base near the home base. No body on our team is coming with a jeep so the guy is just walking the flag and then almost falls in to the water as you go behind the base. However, he fell onto a small cliff but apparently neither of the teams realizes this.

I take off on a warhawk and am looking for the flag and see the guy just hiding, and hoping that someone will come to his rescue. I get my plane down as low as possible without pushing him over. He finally walks on the warhawk with the flag and I lift him up onto land. Still, nobody is coming to his aide with a jeep. He walks all the way to the next base, I get in a jeep and drive him to save the flag. He is maybe 10 feet from doing so and looks at me, suicides, allowing me to get a flag capture! I was shocked.

I have met some cool folks and some douche bags but never experienced another player doing that. Anyhow, we went on to win 1-0. Just wanted to tell you guys.

Also, on a side note, any of you play with a guy named markjayw? Dang is he annoying on the mic but man can he play!

Tntnnbltn

LovingSteam said:
Also, on a side note, any of you play with a guy named markjayw? Dang is he annoying on the mic but man can he play!
Every time I play him I'm torn between wanting to be on the other team to kill him, or be on the same team to listen to his pathetic raging. :lol

In my observation he is an excellent baserape player. When it's a push situation he's ok also, but when his team is behind the 8 Ball fighting for bases in their own territory he is not only horrible to listen to, but horrible teamwise. He will hoard resources and not use any teamwork at while screaming a pathetic rant.

I hate that type of player so much, I know he would've had his ass kicked in the military. It's to the point where I cannot play games where we are on the same team, I automatically quit if the rotation does that.

Tntnnbltn

Things which annoy me:
I sign into PSN, go to play Warhawk, when WHOOPS cannot be accessed from this account. Why? US PSN is down for maintenence so I'm not allowed to play my US-purchased Warhawk on my functioning AU account.

The Frankman said:
but when his team is behind the 8 Ball fighting for bases in their own territory he is not only horrible to listen to, but horrible teamwise. He will hoard resources and not use any teamwork at while screaming a pathetic rant.
THERE'S A TANK AT THREE. THERE'S A FUCKING TANK AT THREE. WHY ISN'T ANYONE KILLING IT. OH MY GOD NOW THE TANK KILLED ME. YOU ALL FUCKING SUCK.

Edit: I think the best thing in the world would be to pick up markjayw in a plane and not let him out. Just do whatever possible for as long as possible to avoid being hit and fly around. His raging would be epic.

Tntnnbltn said:
Things which annoy me:
I sign into PSN, go to play Warhawk, when WHOOPS cannot be accessed from this account. Why? US PSN is down for maintenence so I'm not allowed to play my US-purchased Warhawk on my functioning AU account.

THERE'S A TANK AT THREE. THERE'S A FUCKING TANK AT THREE. WHY ISN'T ANYONE KILLING IT. OH MY GOD NOW THE TANK KILLED ME. YOU ALL FUCKING SUCK.

Edit: I think the best thing in the world would be to pick up markjayw in a plane and not let him out. Just do whatever possible for as long as possible to avoid being hit and fly around. His raging would be epic.
Lol I have actually done that. He suicided but it was fun for me.

User 406

Banned
On markjayw, the guy is a racist homophobic shithead with anger management problems. Apparently he actually has a job, a wife, and kids, although the job was given to him by his rich dad. And yet in two and a half years he's played SIX THOUSAND hours of Warhawk. That's nearly eight hours per day every single day. And he still isn't that good, certainly not six thousand hours good. He always switches to the winning team when he can, continuously cloaks and TOWs ground troops during baserapes, deliberately abuses the TOW glitch, and approaches the game with a mean, petty, and selfish mindset in general.

Any time I see he's on the same team as me, I quit. I won't play with that subhuman fuck.

I pity his family. I really do.

slider

Sea Manky said:
On markjayw, the guy is a racist homophobic shithead with anger management problems. Apparently he actually has a job, a wife, and kids, although the job was given to him by his rich dad. And yet in two and a half years he's played SIX THOUSAND hours of Warhawk. That's nearly eight hours per day every single day. And he still isn't that good, certainly not six thousand hours good. He always switches to the winning team when he can, continuously cloaks and TOWs ground troops during baserapes, deliberately abuses the TOW glitch, and approaches the game with a mean, petty, and selfish mindset in general.

Any time I see he's on the same team as me, I quit. I won't play with that subhuman fuck.

:lol

Case closed I guess! Weirdly I don't think I've ever played with the dude... Hmm.

Sea Manky said:

Yup. It equals out to 100 24 hour days a year lol! He basically has played almost an entire years worth of Warhawk!

Sea Manky said:

This is the 2nd time you've posted this, and I have applauded the post both times.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sea Manky said:

Should I be glad that I don't play Warhawk enough to know what the fuck you're talking about? :lol

borsdy

Banned
I saw MJW again a couple days ago, he has become a much more disgusting personality than I remember from last year or he was just having a bad day.

The Frankman said:
That's a vid of someone capping his play, I love the side vids of him on the mic, ridiculous. Not sure how person would get his pic though.

Yeah, that's why I asked. I wouldn't doubt he'd post his photo somewhere online. It's all the rage. :p

Tntnnbltn

I had a match on the same side as MJW -- I came in when it was 0-3 and they already were taking back the fourth flag. In the post-match lobby he raged at the other team because apparently they outnumbered us and no one on that side changed over to ours.

So in the next match, I'm on the same team as him again. After we cap our first flag I notice it's 6 vs 3, so I switch sides as is the polite thing to do. The majorty of the match ended up being 5 vs 3, and I just flew around in a plane while they chased me and killed me. Did MJW change teams? You bet your ass he didn't.

I sent him the following PSN message:
I found it ironic that two matches ago you ranted because our team was unbalanced, yet last match when we outnumbered the 6-4 you didn't change sides. I did, and continued playing on the losing team even though outnumbered 5-3 while you went around TOWing ground troups. Guess you whole spiel about being outnumbered only applies when *you* are on the losing team.

Tntnnbltn

The Frankman said:
I hope the message you sent me before was in jest...
I was half-annoyed because I can usually turn an Archipelago base-rape around at least for a couple minutes. :p Just my way of venting.

But now I discovered the trick for jumping over the centre base wall, so that'll make things more interesting in the future. It'll allow me to dodge the usual mine-spam that people stick in the door.

Tntnnbltn said:
I was half-annoyed because I can usually turn an Archipelago base-rape around at least for a couple minutes. :p Just my way of venting.

But now I discovered the trick for jumping over the centre base wall, so that'll make things more interesting in the future. It'll allow me to dodge the usual mine-spam that people stick in the door.
Yeah, I was stunned you just didn't jump the wall with the APC or call down for the Binoc strike. It was like you were trying to prove a point. Interestingly enough that match wasn't a complete base-rape. Your guys had 1 and 3 many times (even 2 when I wasn't there) until the 17 minute point, then people got the message about you and APCs.

Tntnnbltn

The Frankman said:
Yeah, I was stunned you just didn't jump the wall with the APC or call down for the Binoc strike. It was like you were trying to prove a point. Interestingly enough that match wasn't a complete base-rape. Your guys had 1 and 3 many times (even 2 when I wasn't there) until the 17 minute point, then people got the message about you and APCs.
Binoc strike would have been ineffective when you were undercover. Didn't have access to a plane otherwise I would've attempted to steal the enemy APC and sneak in the back. Kept on taking my team's APC because (1) I don't trust my own team to use it well, and (2) I knew if your team stole it then it'd be over for us. Couldn't get my team to bring backup down the hill in the form of tanks, and recieved pressure myself down the hill from planes, tanks and one guy camping with binocs.

PaNDaSHaT

Neo Member
The Frankman said:
That's a vid of someone capping his play, I love the side vids of him on the mic, ridiculous. Not sure how person would get his pic though.
Haha that's BigManZamm's alternate account in the video, and his youtube account. He's hilarious. The pic of MJW is from the players' pic thread created by GameSage101 on the Warhawk forums (Official PlayStation forums) from years ago.

Top Bottom