• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
What timing...I'm sick as a dog and I don't know if I can hold out another hour. I really should go to bed early because this bug is kicking my ass.

Trevelyan

Banned
1 hour left... but I'll probably just download it and head to bed afterwards. I have all day tomorrow and Wednesday to play it, so gotta make sure I get all the rest I'll need for the next two days tonight. :lol

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I'm fully prepared to brace for the 12:02 AM "WTF NO WARHAWK SONY FAILS!!!!" replies. :lol

Say, any chance a demo will go up at the same time also? It'd be fairly easy to do so, methinks.

PAYBACKill

Spruchy said:
I love fun!

But I dont know if im bringing my ps3 to college (dont want it to get jacked) and a weeks worth of warhawk and some weekends = :\

Hmmmmmm....I won't mince words, it can be difficult to find time for gaming if you are going to a fun school and aren't horrible with girls.

That being said, warhawk is awesomely well balanced and a blast to play.

Ferrio said:
So this releases tonight?

I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my preorder, just getting the damn game and buying a headset later.

I got that exact same bluetooth headset from Staples for $20 a couple of months ago.

Just look at the Sunday ads, or newegg.com and you'll likely find a good headset for that price.

Hope you've got at least a USB headset already though.

KGKK

Banned
People who are dowloading it tonight, you're all lucky bastards:D Hope you all enjoy the game and please don't get too much practice so that when us retail version folks finally come out and play, we don't get slaughtered like Britney Spear's pussy in Vegas:D

ndiicm

Alright guys. So was gonna get hard copy but i think i can get a decent bluetooth headset for 19.99 so what are the advantages of getting the PSN versus hard copy. Any real advantages? If i get the hard copy can i install it to my hard drive cos I rather not wear out the optical drive if i don't have to.

edit- plus i can start downloading tonight i believe, will walmart or anystores be selling this thing tomorrow or do they all start retailing on the 29th.

freshair

I was planning on picking this up on Wed., but I don't think I will anymore because I want this tonight. :D What sucks though is that I don't have bluetooth/usb headset on hand, so it'll be at least a week before I can have on shipped to me. :|
11 minutes!

freshair

afrosensei said:
Alright guys. So was gonna get hard copy but i think i can get a decent bluetooth headset for 19.99 so what are the advantages of getting the PSN versus hard copy. Any real advantages? If i get the hard copy can i install it to my hard drive cos I rather not wear out the optical drive if i don't have to.

edit- plus i can start downloading tonight i believe, will walmart or anystores be selling this thing tomorrow or do they all start retailing on the 29th.

the only extras you get are some extra footage and the headset. You can't install the game completely to your HD but it'll place an 800mb cache file on there, but it still needs the disc in the drive.

Greg

I'm not even that excited for the game as I've seen most of what it had to offer already - I'm just excited that I don't have to live in fear of it crashing my system.

It was one of those things that you had a list of ideas in your head as to what crashed it all, so you mentally restricted yourself from so many aspects of the game - at one point I was afraid to move clock-wise while shooting with the turret...but only if a jeep was driving perpendicular to the base of the turret at the exact moment a sniper fired a rifle and a 12th member joined the server. :lol

Belfast

Fantastic. A couple minutes from Warhawk and my PS3 decides it's not going to output video (tried both HDMI and component). I turned it on a couple days ago w/o problem. What gives?

ex0du5

Banned
Belfast said:
Fantastic. A couple minutes from Warhawk and my PS3 decides it's not going to output video (tried both HDMI and component). I turned it on a couple days ago w/o problem. What gives?

Try holding the Power button for 10 seconds when you first turn it on. If that doesn't work, then the TV might not be set up properly (input...it can happen).

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Belfast said:

Use a connection, turn off PS3, now press and hold the power button on the PS3 till you hear a SECOND beep. Should fix everything!

Trevelyan

Banned
Belfast said:

I actually had a similiar problem last week. Have you tried unplugging your TV? I unplugged mine and it did the trick.

AzerPhire

Hold down the red/green button as you would to start it, except hold it for about 5 seconds till it beeps aain.

That should reset the video settings and fix your problem.

Belfast

Trevelyan said:
I actually had a similiar problem last week. Have you tried unplugging your TV? I unplugged mine and it did the trick.

This actually worked! Strange problem, but thanks for the help guys!

Top Bottom