• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

ex0du5

Banned
KGKK said:
I'm so jealous. *Goes back to work on his 6000word work report while grumbling*

I'm writing one too. Supposed to be done by Wednesday...and I have 500 words done >_<. Where you studying?

jonabbey

Anyone notice the new term in the Description of the Warhawk download?

'One time fee for download or use solely by the purchasing PSN account on up to five PS3 units, with no more than one activated PS3 unit within a 24 hour period. Content may not be used by any other account.'

Sounds like Sony has decided to try to discourage the game sharers a bit more.

dralla

still no GAF Euro leader, all the people on the roster are going to be left out until someone steps up.

eXxy said:
So is the boxed copy showing up tomorrow? Just dropped the cash on a pre-order.

unfortunately no. Ships tomorrow, instore Wednesday. how many guys in the 1up office are picking it up, maybe GAF vs 1up :[]

Oh.

Slowed down by having to reenter my credit card info for my new CC (same card, new exp date). Had to leave the store, go into account management, blah, blah, blah.

Now, I'm at 4%.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
BestBuy says Wednesday. They say Tuesday for MP, "contrastly."

Let's see who picks that one up. HUHUH I even put it in quotes HUHU

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
dralla said:
still no GAF Euro leader, all the people on the roster are going to be left out until someone steps up.

unfortunately no. Ships tomorrow, instore Wednesday. how many guys in the 1up office are picking it up, maybe GAF vs 1up :[]

Motherf'er! I want the headset, so I decided to avoid the download...maybe some extra copies will show up at 1UP tomorrow and I can just cancel my pre-order. :lol I know that Skip, Garnett and I are diving in this week; Sam probably would, but he's gone for the week.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
dralla said:

Xater is going to lead GAFe till he goes back to school

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I fully recommend downloading it...all proceeds go directly to Sony/Incog. No retail/manufacturing/distribution costs subtracted. Think of it in those terms. :D

dfyb

Banned
jonabbey said:
Anyone notice the new term in the Description of the Warhawk download?

'One time fee for download or use solely by the purchasing PSN account on up to five PS3 units, with no more than one activated PS3 unit within a 24 hour period. Content may not be used by any other account.'

Sounds like Sony has decided to try to discourage the game sharers a bit more.
with a $40 game, it's warranted

freshair

Used a different CC and had to do everything all over again. Didn't remember adding funds was this different last time I purchased something (CAC).
Just started 1%!

jonabbey

dfyb said:
with a $40 game, it's warranted

I don't disagree. The whole game sharing practice kind of bugs me. I suppose it's not bad from a 'try it before you buy it' kind of view, but to see people organizing online to split the cost of PSN games with malice aforethought is uncool, imho.

Belfast

35% now. Should hopefully be done by 12:30!

PSN: belfastga

Not sure if I want to sign up for any clans as I'm not sure if I'll be able to put in that kind of dedication, but I'm more than willing to play casually with some NeoGAFers.

tanod

when is my burrito
jonabbey said:
I don't disagree. The whole game sharing practice kind of bugs me. I suppose it's not bad from a 'try it before you buy it' kind of view, but to see people organizing online to split the cost of PSN games with malice aforethought is uncool, imho.

If Sony had a problem with it. They would only allow 1 download for everything. Get over yourself.

carlos

jonabbey said:

I do disagree (in my case) I just wanted to be able to play with my brother without split screen....they could've allowed game sharing to 2 (or 3) instead of 5

You just cost yourself a sale Sony...

I'll think about it for a while longer before I go to sleep...this is a crying shame for me

tanod

when is my burrito
The Chef said:
Dont know if im late to the party but:
Monday Night 9:00 PM West Coast WARHAWK IS UP EARLY!!!

It's up midnight Eastern time for everybody which is 9PST. It's right on time, surprisingly.

f@luS

More than a member.
tanod said:
If Sony had a problem with it. They would only allow 1 download for everything. Get over yourself.
and never been able to re-dl it if u change ur system? as much as i agreed for it for all the other games..NOT FOR WARHAWK FFS !! :eek:

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Grayman said:
So any final tips from the beta ers? Any options that are important to set before jumping in?

Get in the Warhawk and learn learn learn learn learn. Those are tricky beasts.

When I boot up the game the first thing I'm gonna do is honk the horn. Finally the jeeps honk! Woooooooo!

jonabbey

tanod said:

If Sony had a problem with it, they'd put in rate limiting restrictions like they're doing with Warhawk, yes.

I don't think having an opinion on the question necessitates getting over myself.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
chubigans said:
Get in the Warhawk and learn learn learn learn learn. Those are tricky beasts.

When I boot up the game the first thing I'm gonna do is honk the horn. Finally the jeeps honk! Woooooooo!

In 7.1 baby, 7.1.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
chubigans said:
I fully recommend downloading it...all proceeds go directly to Sony/Incog. No retail/manufacturing/distribution costs subtracted. Think of it in those terms. :D

yah it's a GREAT deal for sony they save ALOT of time/money, I think it'll be an impulse buy for a lot of people seeing a big game up on the store, and also for people seeing it at retail since it comes with a headset, I actually can see this game selling well now.

dfyb

Banned
carlos said:
I do disagree (in my case) I just wanted to be able to play with my brother without split screen....they could've allowed game sharing to 2 (or 3) instead of 5

You just cost yourself a sale Sony...

I'll think about it for a while longer before I go to sleep...this is a crying shame for me
so you're deciding between not playing it at all or playing it with splitscreen with your brother...?

jonabbey

msdstc said:
yah it's a GREAT deal for sony they save ALOT of time/money, I think it'll be an impulse buy for a lot of people seeing a big game up on the store, and also for people seeing it at retail since it comes with a headset, I actually can see this game selling well now.

I wonder how Sony will finesse their relations with retail if they start selling over the PS Store in large quantities.

Top Bottom