• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Peeete

So has somebody even really TRIED yet, to buy Warhawk with one account and play it with another? What happens then? It just doesn't let you sign in?

Darobga

GAFe leader Im ready for invite whenever you get on. :)

PSN: Darobga

Also: 3 hours played no freezes not even a hitch. I uninstalled beta first..dunno if that makes a diffrence

Grayman

TTP said:
that was a common complain in the beta. odd they didn't bother addressing it.
heh yeah I was actually saying to myself, why didn't someone in the beta tell them to fix the blinders i have on. One of the menu screens, I think it was customize character was squished skinny and looked tall like when you set a game to widescreen but don't have one :lol

The tooltips also take up a quarter of the screen and show up when you do ANYTHING. I am going to have to play by myself to read them later.

Also my tv must be really shitty because I had to squish most of the stuff to it's limits to get rid of overscan.

Nightz said:
Safe Bet: I'm playing with you now. Shoot me an invite to GAFw when you get a chance :)
ditto for me, was fun to fly with gaf crew for those few minutes.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Grayman said:
The tooltips also take up a quarter of the screen and show up when you do ANYTHING. I am going to have to play by myself to read them later

And then you can disable them :)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Am I the only one going Holy Shit at the graphical update since the beta? Destroyed Capital looks freaking awesome now and Archipelago looks stunning.

Trevelyan

Banned
Killthee said:
Am I the only one going Holy Shit at the graphical update since the beta? Destroyed Capital looks freaking awesome now and Archipelago looks stunning.

I didn't notice it so much in Island Outpost, but when I started a game in Badlands, the rock textures really stood out. Everything looks ace.

EekTheKat

No problems whatsoever here, but I've been playing on the SCEA servers.

It does look better than the beta by quite a bit, some of the maps are now just stunning to look at.

Mine's running at 720p on a 1080p set. Audio quality from explosions and gunfire is top notch.

KTallguy

Banned
I just played for about 2 hours.

Smooth as butter.

I have one complaint.

I want to use motion control for Warhawks, but NOT for tanks.

REPEAT. NOT FOR TANKS.

I could do this in the beta, but I can't do this now.

PLEASE FIX. I can't drive tanks with motion, but I can fly planes with motion just fine.

Thank you.

And thanks for the clan invite! GAF WEST FTW !!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
EekTheKat said:
Audio quality from explosions and gunfire is top notch.

Wait for when you are on a Warhawk and a tank is shooting at you from the ground, but missing for a few inches. Awesome sound.

Also, I think the sound that comes out of the nocs green laser designator when pointed towards you is new.

awesome impressions to hear!

...anyone know if they managed to get the Motorola H350 working with it (didn't work at all in the beta)?

...if not, I'll probably just end up buying the retail sku....

...also, how is the aiming when on foot? is it still overly floaty? is lockon still kinda useless and you end up grenade spamming?

...my only complaint about the beta was how "off" the onfoot combat seemed alotta the time =/

Safe Bet

Banned
GAF WEST INVITES HAVE BEEN SENT

If you:

1. Are on the roster for GAFw
2. Have logged into Warhawk at least once
3. Have not received an invite

Please send me a PM via GAF or PSN asap.

I'll be going through my list once a day and resending invites as people purchase the game and log on.

If you have sent me a PM requesting a spot in GAFw and were not on the roster, please bear with us as we try to get everything sorted out.

Killthee,

I can't edit the spreadshhet for some reason so I'll send you a PM with the names of those who have received invites, those who have accepted invites, and those who have not logged on yet.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Safe Bet said:
GAF WEST INVITES HAVE BEEN SENT

If you:

1. Are on the roster for GAFw
2. Have logged into Warhawk at least once
3. Have not received an invite

Please send me a PM via GAF or PSN asap.

I'll be going through my list once a day and resending invites as people purchase the game and log on.

If you have sent me a PM requesting a spot in GAFw and were not on the roster, please bear with us as we try to get everything sorted out.

Killthee,

I can't edit the spreadshhet for some reason so I'll send you a PM with the names of those who have received invites, those who have accepted invites, and those who have not logged on yet.

OK. Thats weird though; Varshes is having no probs editing. Do you want me to send you a copy (.pdf, .txt, .xls?) so you can edit it offline and then you can just mail it back to me?

CSSer said:
Just so you guys know, I went over the spreadsheet, and Syndicate3 is listed on both GAFe and GAFn.

Thanks ^_^;

Who wants to move to GAFe?

Safe Bet

Banned
Killthee said:
OK. Thats weird though; Varshes is having no probs editing. Do you want me to send you a copy?
Let my try and access the page from my desktop first.

Hopefully I can edit from that machine.

Spruchy

This game just got a shit load better....found out about turbo boost in the warhawk.
So a tip to all noobs like me who can't read: Doubletap R2 for a turbo boost, awesome to get away or into battle.

Just went 19-0 in my last game, probably the best way to go out for the night.

Spruchy said:
This game just got a shit load better....found out about turbo boost in the warhawk.
So a tip to all noobs like me who can't read: Doubletap R2 for a turbo boost, awesome to get away or into battle.

Just went 19-0 in my last game, probably the best way to go out for the night.

awesomeness...

Varshes

Attentions GAFn Clan Members

I will also going through the list daily trying to add everyone on the spreadsheet. You have to login to Warhawk at least once for me to be able to send you an invite. Please PM me or send me a message on PSN if there are any concerns/issues. I will updating the spreadsheet when your invite has been sucessfully sent.

Ashhong

man i keep getting some kind of PSN error right in the middle of the game. takes me out, and then i have to resign into PSN. wat the crap :(

Xater

Okjm this is bullshit. I can only play with my US account now because the game does only allow me to play with the account I purchased the game with.

That's gonna be fun now with the Europeans...

If you buy the game from the US we now need to know your PSN ID from the US account!

spwolf

Xater said:
Okjm this is bullshit. I can only play with my US account now because the game does only allow me to play with the account I purchased the game with.

If you buy the game from the US we now need to know your PSN ID from the US account!

does anyone know if it is possible to change online id of an account? or not?

balliinn

Banned
damn i wanna play!

since i have a walmart giftcard and if they don't have the game later today when i get off work...i'm going to have to stop by Toys R Us or something, and pick up the game.

and when walmart gets the game, i'm going to return that copy to toys r us.

freshair

Just got done playing about 2 hours. No freezes or any weird problems on my end here. The planes' control feels much tighter now than the beta. I flew like shit during the beta, but now I actually got some kills and maneuvered pretty proficiently. :D

Hope to see more you guys on as the week goes by.

Just got done playing for about 2.5 hours of Zone with not a hiccup. This game is fucking fun as hell. I noticed some [GAF] members in the last server I was on, GGs guys.

Still waiting on the clan invite for GAFe, my PSN is HerrHelmt.

Gattsu25

Banned
So game sharing is not working on this?

Anyway, played a quick match last night and HAD to disable invert verticle controls when on foot. Got a lot of pistol headshots. Crashed a Warhawk into a guy. Slashed three people. Blew up three Warhawks and their pilots. It's all very frantic. I had fun. I'll be on to play more after 6PM EST today. Not in any clan. Not particularly looking to join one yet, either.
:\

/:

PSN: Gattsu25

Grayman

one last story before bed(in bed w/psp). I took out a warhawk with a flamethrower! it happened on a destroyed capital level, i spawned in one of the solitary buildings and the enemy came as i was buckling up. He was hovering and R1-ing the hawk i was in, so I bravely bailed and lit him up for a few seconds as he destroyed my hawk

ex0du5

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
so wait, even if it's activated on one system, only th account it's bought on can play it?

REALLY?

so i either have to let my brother use my account to play online or buy the game retail when i already have a headset...

sales -1

Who cares. Sony did the right move. They're going to gain a lot of shares from the regular game sharers. Quit being cheap and just buy the game for $40...it's hardly expensive.

ex0du5

Banned
Xater said:

Are you sure about that? They might be able to play with 2 different accounts as long as the game is only activated on 1 PS3.

well I'll be picking this up the retail sku tommorow....

so sign me up for the West Coast GAF Clan (i'm in Alaska btw)

...PSN: AgentOtaku

Safe Bet

Banned
Good Games Guys

I'm sorry I missed you before you logged off Gray.

I got a chest full of ribbons and badges tonight and made Airmam First Class, but I have a feeling we better enjoy it now becasue people are going to improve rather quickly.

PS

If you see me in a game, yell at me to team up with you. Running in pairs is a huge advantage imo. I picked up alot of kills being a wingman.

Xater

ex0du5 said:
Are you sure about that? They might be able to play with 2 different accounts as long as the game is only activated on 1 PS3.

Yes I am sure. I tested it.

I am only able to start the game with the account that bought the game.

So I am sitting at around 81% with my brand new PS3. Hopefully after I eat I can get in on some action.

Are any of the J-gaffers getting this?

Top Bottom