• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

PleoMax

Banned
So is the game cool?

I have to waith for the 30th, since Sony is blocking foreign credit cards in the U.S store, which is fucking hilarious btw.

Xater

PleoMax said:
So is the game cool?

I have to waith for the 30th, since Sony is blocking foreign credit cards in the U.S store, which is fucking hilarious btw.

The game is awesome.

My german Mastercard still works btw. I don't know why. maybe the secret is to use real data?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Hooooooly crap, such an awesome awesome game. No crashes, thank gawd, and the sound seems improved further from the beta.

It's ridiculous how awesome this game is. Just ridiculous.

More hands-on later. :D

PleoMax said:
So is the game cool?

It's everything I wanted it to be.

My only annoyance with it is the fucking douchebags that got into the beta having had more time to practice with the game. That's right, fuck all y'all, I'll gut each and everyone of you!

Seriously though, I'm getting the same enjoyment out of this that I got out of Battlefield 1942 waaay the fuck back in the day.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
PleoMax said:
So is the game cool?

My Card started working again.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I work 3rd shift, so I won't be picking it up till the afternoon (I'm going to sleep right now :lol) See you guys in game!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
TTP said:
Did u try the jeep horne (r1 or l1 dont recall)?

It honked very nicely.

I was also surprised at some of the new graphical effects, like the muzzle blast when shooting the tank gun. Awesome.

JB1981

Bought and downloaded before I left for work. It downloaded within 30 minutes. So it's all ready to go when I get home. Awesomeness.

edit: don't even tell me this game is still crashing :(

Yixian

Banned
Shit, I don't know if Ima resist getting this again after the beta. The thought of obliterating the first time players is too awesome :D

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
damn, game looks awesome, haven't even played it yet, my son's been playing this morning. Wish I had stayed up playing last night.

Anyone's bestbuy.ca order shipping? The status just switched to OoS but I ordered it back when it first switched to $39.99. Hopefully it ships by the end of the day so I get it tomorrow.

so what type of content do you guys think we could see in the future?

vehicles?
maps? (pretty obvious actually)
etc.

...hope for something unique like episode SP content?

dionysus

Yaldog
If anyone wants a central spot to meet up, I created a ranked dedicated server for while I am at work. It will be up for another 9 hours assuming it doesn't crash. It's on a 4 map rotation with 2 zones (my favorite), 1 tdm, and 1 ctf. 20 person max.

Name: gafw>gafe>gafn

I did it ranked and dedicated in case any of the beta people want to continue ranking up while the the rankings good cause the rest of the community sucks.

Raist said:
t-h-u-r-s-d-a-y for the EU PS store :p

Can't a mod put this in the title ?

Thx, I was looking for it in the first post but didn't find anything, sorry.

Thursday, this means I have to finish Bioshock tomorrow.

Damn. Getting up this morning and reading about crashes is ticking me off. If it's going to crash, that could be a deal breaker for me. This is probably a dumb question, but does anyone have any more info about crashing? And I wasn't in the beta.

dionysus

Yaldog
Captain Glanton said:
Damn. Getting up this morning and reading about crashes is ticking me off. If it's going to crash, that could be a deal breaker for me. This is probably a dumb question, but does anyone have any more info about crashing? And I wasn't in the beta.

Hasn't crashed for me yet. And I was running a dedicated game all night.

Bulla564

Banned
When can I get this in retail in the US?

where can I get it TODAY?

do I have to wait until tomorrow?????!?! (physically and mentally impossible)

Captain Glanton said:

I don't ever remebering reading WHY the crashing occured, but yeah it was very prevelent in the beta....

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Grrrr! I get so pissed reading the posts here... WHEN IS THIS GAME RELEASING IN STORES, IN EUROPE?!

Safe Bet

Banned
Ok...

The game just crashed on me...

If it keeps doing it I'm going to contact Sony to try and get a refund.

On a side note:

Has anyone figured out how Enemy Name Tags and Enemy On Radar works?

Sometimes you see them other times you don't.

Do you disappear off radar when crouched and/or not moving?

DoctorWho said:
Anyone's bestbuy.ca order shipping? The status just switched to OoS but I ordered it back when it first switched to $39.99. Hopefully it ships by the end of the day so I get it tomorrow.

mine just switched to out of stock also. i ordered it when it first became $39.99 too. i better get it this week.

kay

AgentOtaku said:
I don't ever remebering reading WHY the crashing occured, but yeah it was very prevelent in the beta....
It was likely the netcode acting up as my experience was (until the patch) that user hosted games crashed more than the official servers. 32 players from a user was just waiting to die, you needed to be on a fast and packet loss free (server side) server. I wonder if they fixed the ping readings.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well, the dl finished sometime last night while I slept, and I installed it and played just a few minutes before heading into work. Pretty nice looking. Some of the level "artwork" is REALLY nice. The "high tower city" map, where it's a bunch of tall buildings, and both sides start on an island on opposite sides, and you've got to fly over to the main map. Really nice. And it's grin inspiring to see 15-20 player icons flying around in the air!

Raist

Banned
Seiken said:
Grrrr! I get so pissed reading the posts here... WHEN IS THIS GAME RELEASING IN STORES, IN EUROPE?!

Around mid september. I've seen 14th and 21st beeing mentionned. Dunno if there's an exact official release date.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
FootNinja said:
Kaching you were in my game, on my team. we were getting effed up so bad tho :lol
Hehe...They had Jobe on their team - unfair advantage. ;)Obviously he knows these maps like the back of his hand. At one point I captured the flag from their base and took the underground tunnel out of there. In the beta, barely anyone really knew that route well enough to react and it gave you a good head start. But as soon as I dropped down into the tunnel, Jobe suddenly dropped down with a Warhawk at the other end, cannons firing. His timing was perfect.

I only played for half hour last night, but no crashes yet and I was glad to see a couple of small changes from the beta. In particular, you can jump towards a ladder and start climbing from where you grab now. Always annoyed me in the beta.

Nice to be back in the game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Raist said:
Around mid september. I've seen 14th and 21st beeing mentionned. Dunno if there's an exact official release date.
Wow, I can't believe I'm waiting 17+ days just for a headset and a cover.

Wow.

Top Bottom