• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Xater said:
Edit: I am wrong. it is only possible to play with the account that bought the game. *sigh*

Thats fuckin bullshit. I have a friend that shares a PS3 with himself and his brother.

So Sony, are you telling me that both of them would have to purchase copies of Warhawk in order to play the game on the SAME FUCKING CONSOLE? Gimme a break...

belvedere

Junior Butler
Oh hell what fun!

It was pure joy slaughtering the noobs. I haven't had this much fun with a multi-player game since.......the beta!

:D

indie85

Banned
Iron_Scimitar said:
Thats fuckin bullshit. I have a friend that shares a PS3 with himself and his brother.

So Sony, are you telling me that both of them would have to purchase copies of Warhawk in order to play the game on the SAME FUCKING CONSOLE? Gimme a break...
Err, whats wrong with them using the same account? Or are you making up BS?

Xater

indie85 said:

You share the same records online? I have to customize my stuff everytime someone else played before?

It's just stupid.

indie85 said:

I'm not making up shit. They have different friends on each account, different settings, and different controller configs (one like to invert the X-axis and the other prefers it as default) Why use the same account? Locking the game to one profile is absurd.

Iron_Scimitar said:

Umm, they can play on the exact same console with the same account. Wasn't the Xbox 360 the first console to introduce this separate account system for the consoles? Before that... what were people doing? How could someone and their brother play a game on the same system?? OH NOEESSS!!!

DoctorWho said:
Umm, they can play on the exact same console with the same account. Wasn't the Xbox 360 the first console to introduce this separate account system for the consoles? Before that... what were people doing? How could someone and their brother play a game on the same system?? OH NOEESSS!!!

Uhh, what does the 360 have to do w/ anything?

Again, locking the game to one account is stupid. Tracking individual records and playing w/ their own friends are pretty much out the window.

Iron_Scimitar said:
Uhh, what does the 360 have to do w/ anything?

Again, locking the game to one account is stupid. Tracking individual records and playing w/ their own friends are pretty much out the window.

I'm just stating that before the 360 we didn't have separate accounts on systems yet everyone seemed to still manage.

besada

Banned
It downloaded faster than anything I've ever downloaded on the PSN, so that's great. No Bioshock demo hell.

First, I've never played or seen this in full action, so if my comments are old hat, just please ignore.

Wow, it's really good looking. Zooming over the water is nice. I set up a local game just so I could start to get a feel for the controls. Once I increased aiming speed and removed inverted, the ground controls felt nice. Wandered around and found a nice little sniper spot just next to the sniper rifle. A little sad that things don't catch on fire from the flamethrower, but I've been playing Bioshock lately, so...

Got into a warhawk and was very confused until I figured out the two modes. Once I got that down, I zoomed all over the map, shooting under bridges, through tunnels, doing flips and rolls. It was fantastic. Am I right in assuming that there's no explicit throttle control? I didn't find one, but the warhawks seem to zoom on their own.

I only had about ten minutes, but I was impressed to hell by how nice it looked and how fluidly it moved. Good job!

So, how do I get on some lists to hook up with Gaffers? I've got table top RPGers coming over tonight, but I'm hoping to get in a few games before they get there this evening.

Defuser

Soory guys,looks like I can't join you in the skies till Weekends 1 sept when Warhawk is actually released.
FUCK YOU SCE Asia FUCK YOU!!!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
DoctorWho said:
So do a lot of people have headsets? Was there a lot of talking and discussion?
There were a few in FootNinja's game session. Not a lot of strategizing going on, mostly people asking questions about the game, how to play.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
besada said:
Am I right in assuming that there's no explicit throttle control? I didn't find one, but the warhawks seem to zoom on their own.
R2 is as close as you get to throttle...it's not a gradual thing. Hold R2 normally for normal speed boost, double-tap it for a short turbo boost.

Oh, you can also airbrake to do a powerslide in midair :D

Pringler

Hi!

Can I download an play Warhawk with my PS3 in Europe? Or is it only possible to download it from within the states?

Thanks!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I have to say, it was incredibly awesome for Sony to release this 12:01AM Tuesday. It also marks the first retail/download simutanious release in console history, and it went smooth as butter.

Once Home is in effect, we'll have virtual launch parties for stuff like SOCOM HD and Wipeout HD (assuming they'll be out after October). Very cool stuff, and props to Sony for the PSN option.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
I did it. I broke down and bought it via PSN. In 20 minutes i will join you all in the skies of WOWhawk. :D

GAFe FTMFW!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Safe Bet said:
Ok...

The game just crashed on me...

If it keeps doing it I'm going to contact Sony to try and get a refund.

On a side note:

Has anyone figured out how Enemy Name Tags and Enemy On Radar works?

Sometimes you see them other times you don't.

Do you disappear off radar when crouched and/or not moving?

In the beta you could disappear off the radar by equipping the knife.

besada

Banned
kaching said:
R2 is as close as you get to throttle...it's not a gradual thing. Hold R2 normally for normal speed boost, double-tap it for a short turbo boost.

Sweet. Man, why do I have to be a responsible adult with a job?

gbovo

Pringler said:
Hi!

Can I download an play Warhawk with my PS3 in Europe? Or is it only possible to download it from within the states?

Thanks!
If you're in Europe, you can download it on Thursday.

Firest0rm said:
Spoke with BestBuy Canada, the branch I called will have it on sale tomorrow (Aug 29) Dunno if other BestBuy's have it different.

That is semi-good news. I'm waiting for mine to ship so hopefully that will be today if stores are supposed to be getting it tomorrow.

kitch9

Banned
gbovo said:
If you're in Europe, you can download it on Thursday.

Waaa!!! That fuckin stinks!?!? When did that happen?!!?!?

FFS, I've been gaggin to get of work to download this.....Shit, fuckin SCEE and their fuck it they can wait even after we've told them otherwise attitude....

Wasn't it confirmed as today ages ago?!?

Good lord this game is fantastic... Home Theatre with this is killer.

Last game like this I played was quite a while ago... BF: Vietnam

I could never fly in that game, but this game after an hour or so of playing I could fly someone decent.

Going to have a blast with this game!

Still waiting on TrU to send me my confirmation of shipment. COME ON! COME TO DADDY!

I may have to buy a second Dual Shake so my idiot friends can play when / if they come over.

test_account

XP-39C²
Iron_Scimitar said:

As Wollan said, get the retail version. What i've read, you can share that and use it on many consoles (maybe someone here can confirm it).

Oni Jazar

UnholySpectacle said:
Good Night, and DAMN YOU ALL! I must hold off till Wednesday. GAFe will rule the skies!

What the hell? C'mon clan leader should atleast be online on launch day!

GAFe is on a great start. :p

Safe Bet

Banned
Killthee said:
In the beta you could disappear off the radar by equipping the knife.
Thanks, I'll try that and see what happens...

The game hasn't crashed on me again so hopefully it was just a rare occurance.

*fingers crossed*

Ragnarok10

@ Safe_Bet: You're GAF mailbox is full so it won't let me PM you. I'm on the roster and need an invite. (PSN: Epix)

PS: They're are a sh!t TON of ranked servers available. I counted like 60 this morning with plenty of spaces available.

spwolf

can someone change my psn id on GafE to nmook? since I cant use my own :-(

other than that, game is awesome, and better than ever... big props.

tanod

when is my burrito
kitch9 said:
When did that happen?!!?!?

About a week ago.

As soon as people get the Jabra headset or for those that have it already, can they check to make sure it works well for Resistance too? I just wanted to make sure. I'm still on the fence about buying this. Too many other games to play.

Last week, I told my wife to not let me buy any more games until I beat 3 of the ones I have. So, my problem is that I need to beat some games and quick if I want to play HS or Lair or BioShock or Uncharted or Halo 3 or Ratchet or UT3 at all this year. :\

What damage have I wrought upon my poor gamer soul?! :(

answer: a bigger bank account balance to buy games cheaper later

Oni Jazar said:
What the hell? C'mon clan leader should atleast be online on launch day!

GAFe is on a great start. :p

Why? We are not even having a skirmish till Thursday night. Everyone get good so you can give me tips tomorrow!

I've been counting my savings and I might get the game Thursday so if anybody could add me to GAFu (Europe clan) I would appreciate it.

PSN is GoncaloCastro / GMT Lisbon - Portugal

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Just made a custom game called NeoGAF password
believe

i have a bunch of different game types so come in!

also, whoever's in charge of the GAFe clan, add me!

Xater

TONX said:
believe

I will try to get in but wihtout headset the battery is empty :(

FightyF

Banned
Anyone able to pick it up from Best Buy on Canada's East Coast? Just wondering if their "Thursday" date was a "safe" promise. BB doesn't open up here until 10am...in 40 mins.

FightyF

Banned
As far as crashing is concerned...this may be an elementary question, but did you guys delete the beta before installing the full game from PSN?

Nightz

FightyF said:
As far as crashing is concerned...this may be an elementary question, but did you guys delete the beta before installing the full game from PSN?
I deleted the beta after installing the full game. I don't know if that's causing the crashing, but I haven't crashed once.

Xisiqomelir

kaching said:

Wow, so it controls like Starfox 64? I'm more hyped than ever!

TONX said:
believe

As soon as I get home from work tomorrow I will set up GAFe.

Trevelyan

Banned
UnholySpectacle said:
As soon as I get home from work tomorrow I will set up GAFe.

sounds awesome man. And damn having played the beta helps so much, haha. Just placed first in all 4 of m games this morning.

FightyF said:
Anyone able to pick it up from Best Buy on Canada's East Coast? Just wondering if their "Thursday" date was a "safe" promise. BB doesn't open up here until 10am...in 40 mins.

It ships today so it will probably hit stores later today or tomorrow.

Raist

Banned
tanod said:
As soon as people get the Jabra headset or for those that have it already, can they check to make sure it works well for Resistance too? I just wanted to make sure. I'm still on the fence about buying this. Too many other games to play.

I've got the BT125, and works fine with all the games I own including resistance, no probs. It also doesn't have any pairing problem, unlike some other BT sets I tried.

Top Bottom