• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Cedeo

EDIT: Old

Just got this email from Amazon.co.uk

Dear Customer,

We wanted to give you an update on the status of your order [---------------].

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the
supplier, and we
need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release
date:

"Warhawk (PS3)" [Video Game]
Estimated arrival date: 20/09/07 - 21/09/07

We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

To view your order or make any changes, please visit the Your Account
link located at the top of any page of our website. Through Your
Account, you can cancel items, change delivery addresses or make other
changes to your orders for any items that have not yet entered the
dispatch process.

For your reference, here is a summary of your order:

1 of "Warhawk (PS3)"

On the date of dispatch, you should receive an e-mail message confirming
the date, contents and delivery method.

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that
cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message

DuckRacer

Killthee said:
The pistol doesn't seem to be the god weapon like it was in the beta. : (
That's a good thing. Is the standard rifle stronger, weaker, or the same?

Also, is it easier to kill enemies with Warhawks and is there some auto-aim applied to the sniper rifle? That's really all I want to know.

I might just have to budge and get the downloadable version... I'm looking at eBay and I don't think I'll be able to get more than $10 for the headset in the retail bundle.

Of course, I should stop being a pansy and wear a headset along with my headphones for once. Decisions decisions...

Does the retail version install the whole game onto the hard drive??? The main reason I decided to get the retail version was to save HD space because mine seems to be filling up rather quickly.

Firewire

Banned
Firest0rm said:
Firewire, which EB? The one by Major and Bayview or the one in Hillcrest Mall?

Bayview Glen Plaza
8865 Yonge Street (East side)
Just south of 16th Ave, north of Highway 7
Theres a TD branch & Shoppers Drug Mart in the plaza along with the Beer Store & LCBO!

Duck said:
Of course, I should stop being a pansy and wear a headset along with my headphones for once. Decisions decisions...

:lol

I run into the SAME problem. Can you funnel voice chat through the speakers? That's how I do it and wear my headset outside the headphones.

Synless

Duck said:
That's a good thing. Is the standard rifle stronger, weaker, or the same?

Also, is it easier to kill enemies with Warhawks and is there some auto-aim applied to the sniper rifle? That's really all I want to know.

I might just have to budge and get the downloadable version... I'm looking at eBay and I don't think I'll be able to get more than $10 for the headset in the retail bundle.

-The rifle is the same as the beta as far as I can tell.
-Killing ground enemies still blows with Warhawks, and it still seems to me like sometimes when I hit an enemy with multiple missiles they don't die yet somehow they hit me with like one or two of the same type I die instantly even with full health...It's beyond me and it was like that in the beta too.
-No auto-aim for the sniper rifle you aim that shit like a man.

besada

Banned
Wow this game is amazing. Just got done with 32 play TDM match in the level with the clouds and the tall spires. It's so incredibly intense, zipping through the wreckage of another player while furiously trying to shake the missile lock. Super sweet.

I definitely need the headset, though. I wish headsets had been included as standard, so everyone would have them, but a bluetooth headset won't set me too far back. Anyone have any models I should get/stay away from?

Firewire

Banned
besada said:
Wow this game is amazing. Just got done with 32 play TDM match in the level with the cluds and the tall spires. It's so incredibly intense, zipping through the wreckage of another player while furiously trying to shake the missile lock. Super sweet.

I definitely need the headset, though. I wish headsets had been included as standard, so everyone would have them, but a bluetooth headset won't set me too far back. Anyone have any models I should get/stay away from?

The Jabra BT125, that comes with the game is supposed to be good!

Raist

Banned
besada said:

We really need some kind of topic for this, I swear :lol

Anyway

Either you get the one that comes with the retail version, which works very well, or you just pick one from this list

Just scroll down a bit

I'm ok with the rifle, it feels a little more powerful. Some textures have improved, and those who make their living on turrets will be slightly disappointed.

Also, I noticed that it took a while to get my promotion, but the system seemed to have updated about 1 hour later. Not too shabby. Wish there were some weapon upgrades with rank, a la BF2

neojubei said:
Sony dropped the ball here. They should have had the download game and the retail game out on the same day. The retail game should have shipped last week to be on store shelves today. Oh well at least the HEROES dvd set comes out today and I can go and buy it.

I wonder if the Bioshock incident at TRU will lead fewer companies to "risk" having their games in stores a week early.

JdFoX187

Banned
It took me forever to figure out you can lock-on your standard missiles :lol When I learned that, I was on a role. I love this game, but cannot stand the on-foot portions. Give me a Warhawk/Tank or give me death!

Synless

JdFoX187 said:
It took me forever to figure out you can lock-on your standard missiles :lol When I learned that, I was on a role. I love this game, but cannot stand the on-foot portions. Give me a Warhawk/Tank or give me death!
I personally prefer ground combat....I suck in warhawks might as well be a flying coffin.

bill0527

I don't know what the hell I'm doing in this game. Maybe I should have went for the boxed version with a manual.

The controls are all f'd up for some reason. I've only played 2 games and had a negative score both times, mostly due to my own suicides because i can't get the controls down.

Is there an online manual for this game or some kind of guide on how to set the controls so that its playable ?

Synless

bill0527 said:
I don't know what the hell I'm doing in this game. Maybe I should have went for the boxed version with a manual.

The controls are all f'd up for some reason. I've only played 2 games and had a negative score both times, mostly due to my own suicides because i can't get the controls down.

Is there an online manual for this game or some kind of guide on how to set the controls so that its playable ?
Maybe the control settings menu?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Duck said:
Question for everyone that already has it: are there any differences gameplay-wise from the beta? What things were tweaked?
Well, you don't seem to be able to walk on water anymore in the Archipelago map :lol

I mentioned before that you can now jump at ladders and start climbing right from where you grab it.

There's now a voice chat icon next to your name in the top left corner of the screen. It lights up when you push L3 to talk.

Other than that, I think there's been some weapon balancing with the pistol and the rifle, but not sure.

mm04

bill0527 said:

I'm in the same boat as you, so I figured I'd post this for us noobs. Courtesy of this site:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=warhawk&thread.id=287

Q: What are the controls for Warhawk?
A: The list is below:

Warhawk: In-Flight:

Movement: PS3 Motion Sensation (analog sticks can also be used)
Power Slide: L2 + R2
Gas/Speed: R2 (hold)
Afterburners: R2 (double tap)
Hover on/off: Triangle Button
Weapon Select: D-pad
Secondary Fire: L1
Machine Gun Fire: R1
AirBreak/Slow Down: L2 (hold)
Cut Engines: L2 (double tap)
Dismount: Square Button
Toggle Map: Select Button
Menu: Start Button

Warhawk: Hover:

Ascend: R2
Descend: L2
(all other controls are the same as above)

Ground Troop:

Movement/Strafe: Left Analog Stick
Aim/Rotate: Right Analog Stick
Jump: X Button
Crouch: Circle Button
Mount/Climb: Square Button
Shoot/Use Weapon: R1
Use Grenades: L1

Ground Vehicle:

Movement: Left Analog Stick
Aim/Rotate: Right Analog Stick
Gas/Accelerate: R2
Brake/Reverse: L2
Shoot Primary Weapon: R1
Power Slide: L2 + R2
Open Pop-Up Hatch: Triangle Button
Dismout: Square Button

Synless

kaching said:
Well, you don't seem to be able to walk on water anymore in the Archipelago map :lol

I mentioned before that you can now jump at ladders and start climbing right from where you grab it.

There's now a voice chat icon next to your name in the top left corner of the screen. It lights up when you push L3 to talk.

Other than that, I think there's been some weapon balancing with the pistol and the rifle, but not sure.
I forgot about that L3 to talk stuff they did towards the end of the beta i was still thinking it was free talk and I was wondering why my teammates never responded.......I'm an idiot :lol

Doel

FightyF said:
You have to prove it's in stock at BB. They would usually call BB to confirm.
Thats pretty dumb. If thats the case then what's stopping me from going to BB and getting it for $10 less because EB won't price match more then a $10 difference.

If they try to pull that stunt on me and BB has it in stock, I'll just say goodbye and go to BB to buy it.

Safe Bet

Banned
Well I'm a little frustrated...

I can't figure the Radar shit out to save my life...

Sometimes you see enemy name tags, sometimes you don't...

Sometimes you see enemies on radar, sometimes you don't...

It's not the knife. I just got killed by a guy with the rifle. He wasn't on the radar nor was his name tag appearing...

WTF?

Synless

Safe Bet said:

It's not the knife. I just got killed by a guy with the rifle. He wasn't on the radar nor was his name tag appearing...

WTF?
It was like that in the beta too. It sucks when something as big as a tank is driving somewhere and it disappears off the radar then suddenly you die and it's right behind you.

besada

Banned
JdFoX187 said:

I guess I just can't keep them in the reticle long enough. Send me a FR (same on PSN as XBL).

Jim

Safe Bet said:

WTF?

I'm pretty sure it's noise based. If you just sneak around without firing shots, you usually can't be detected by the radar. If you run around shooting like a madman, everyone can see you.

Good news: I have the boxed copy at home. :)
Bad news: I can't play it until I get home from work :(

Safe Bet

Banned
Also, for those sending me PMs...

I get a netwrok error 9 out of 10 times when trying to access my Inbox so please bear with me.

If it's really important send it to my PSN Account: Safe_Bet

Mesijs

Why does the game freeze all the time after I complete a game and see the stats screen? My buttons aren't working anymore and nothing happens.

Btw, game is GREAT! Been playing the review version quite some days now.

Safe Bet

Banned
Jim said:
I'm pretty sure it's noise based. If you just sneak around without firing shots, you usually can't be detected by the radar. If you run around shooting like a madman, everyone can see you.
Sorry but no...

Like I said in my post I just got killed by a guy jumping up and down, throwing grenades, and blazing away with the assual rifle.

He wasn't on my radar nor was his name tag dispalyed.

Haklong

besada said:
Wow this game is amazing. Just got done with 32 play TDM match in the level with the clouds and the tall spires. It's so incredibly intense, zipping through the wreckage of another player while furiously trying to shake the missile lock. Super sweet.

What, you have a PS3? Add me to your friends list. I plan on getting it when I get home. We can play together.

PSN: Haklong

JdFoX187

Banned
Synless said:
I personally prefer ground combat....I suck in warhawks might as well be a flying coffin.
:lol When using motion controls, they truly are flying coffins. I fear for myself when I buy Lair :(

Jim

Safe Bet said:
Sorry but no...

Like I said in my post I just got killed by a guy jumping up and down trowing grenades and blazing away with the assual rifle.

He wasn't on my radar nor was his name tag dispalyed.

That IS one factor in how the radar works. Also, unlike the beta version, when you respawn you have a few seconds to be "under the radar" - so you can nab a weapon fast enough and take someone down before showing up.

DuckRacer

BenjaminBirdie said:
:lol

I run into the SAME problem. Can you funnel voice chat through the speakers? That's how I do it and wear my headset outside the headphones.
:lol I didn't even think of that before, having the headset outside the speakers. And if it's like the beta, you can still listen to voice chat through your headphones.

Safe Bet

Banned
Jim said:
That IS one factor in how the radar works. Also, unlike the beta version, when you respawn you have a few seconds to be "under the radar" - so you can nab a weapon fast enough and take someone down before showing up.
I am sorry Jim if that's suppose to be the way it works but it don't work that way imo.

I guess we'll have to start a private match so we can learn exactly how this "magic" radar works.

besada

Banned
Haklong said:
What, you have a PS3? Add me to your friends list. I plan on getting it when I get home. We can play together.

PSN: Haklong

I own em all. I'll send you a FR after some more playage. I haven't run into any Gaffers out there, but I know you're playing...where is you?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
bill0527 said:
God this game needs a training mode.

I feel like i'm being fed to the lions.
I'd be happy to host a training session this evening for anyone that's interested. Though you can do this yourself to some extent by creating your own game and password protecting it, so you can just tool around, try out weapons and vehicles, get a feel for movement and targeting controls, etc.

Haklong

besada said:
I own em all. I'll send you a FR after some more playage. I haven't run into any Gaffers out there, but I know you're playing...where is you?

I'm at my office. As soon as I get home I will download it and we can get some games in.

JdFoX187

Banned
besada said:
Send me a FR for some Warhawk action. My Warhawk PSN ID is Kolchak117

Doel

DoctorWho said:
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5539673&postcount=109

Says he spoke to someone at Best Buy Canada and that the shipments might not go out until Friday. I've seen shipments go out with an OoS before though so I'm just going to wait and see. If it doesn't go out by midnight I might just pick up the online one.
I already canceled my online order from them, to hell with that. I start college next week so I don't have much time to play the game, and I'm not waiting till Thursday or Friday (or even Monday+) when I won't be here.

I'll check my EB and Walmart again in a bit.

FightyF

Banned
bill0527 said:
God this game needs a training mode.

I feel like i'm being fed to the lions.

If only there was something like...automated AI controlled enemies you could play against...what were they referred to again? :D

Top Bottom