• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Doel said:
I already canceled my online order from them, to hell with that. I start college next week so I don't have much time to play the game, and I'm not waiting till Thursday or Friday (or even Monday+) when I won't be here.

I'll check my EB and Walmart again in a bit.

Spoke to the guy at my EB who thinks it might show up tomorrow or Thursday. When I told him about the Best Buy price he was going to cancel his order and just go to Best Buy to get it.

LAWLZ.

I'm only waiting for the bluetooth mic.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
WasabiKing said:
I'm ok with the rifle, it feels a little more powerful. Some textures have improved, and those who make their living on turrets will be slightly disappointed.

Also, I noticed that it took a while to get my promotion, but the system seemed to have updated about 1 hour later. Not too shabby. Wish there were some weapon upgrades with rank, a la BF2

I'm assuming this is possible maybe in a patch. It has version 1.00 on the bottom right of the screen every time the game loads, so I hope it gets updated regularly. The game went from great to awesome with the patch they added around the end of the beta.

I tried jumping into a couple of games with you, but they were full.

Just had a few epic CTF games with Oni Jazar and Chryz. :D

Doel said:
I already canceled my online order from them, to hell with that. I start college next week so I don't have much time to play the game, and I'm not waiting till Thursday or Friday (or even Monday+) when I won't be here.

I'll check my EB and Walmart again in a bit.

What's so hard to figure out here? It's like (almost) ALL Sony published games. They don't ship them until Tuesday and unless EB/Gamestop have a deal to have them same day deliveried for a late evening sale, the game isn't EB/Gamestop until Wednesday, and the chain stores on Thursday (sometimes later Wednesday).

This has been the deal for years now.

It would be a great question to ask why they don't do like 99% of the other publishers who ship them on Monday's (or in Microsoft and other specific titles) earlier so that games shipments can be just like DVD's and movies.

IMO, don't bother looking at chain stores tonight. Unless a miracle FedEx shipment comes in early, it won't be there unless the chain did something very special.

dionysus

Yaldog
Not using motion controls in the tanks, how do people, move, control the turret, and fire at the same time? That involves using both analogue sticks, x button, and trigger. My right hand isn't that dexterous.

Or does ground motion controls make it easier to do this.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I played the Beta once, and proceeded to flail miserably in the warhawk. I really liked what I saw, so I picked this up last night.

Man, what a fantastic game. Lag free, great design, great controls (not using 6axis). Battlefield skills transfer amazingly well to the game... out of the 8 rounds I played, I was the #1 player in seven of them. When I quit last night, I was ranked #74 overall on the leaderboards. I'm sure that'll taper off over time, but I can't wait to get home and play some more!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
dionysus said:
Not using motion controls in the tanks, how do people, move, control the turret, and fire at the same time. That involves using both analogue sticks, x button, and trigger. My right hand isn't that dexterous.

Or does ground motion controls make it easier to do this.
R2 is also gas. L2 is brake/reverse.

dionysus

Yaldog
kaching said:
R2 is also gas. L2 is brake/reverse.

Wow, you wouldn't know but I was in the beta. I liked it, but couldn't get over the crashing and then was just too busy with other games once they fixed that for the beta.

sonycowboy said:
What's so hard to figure out here? It's like (almost) ALL Sony published games. They don't ship them until Tuesday and unless EB/Gamestop have a deal to have them same day deliveried for a late evening sale, the game isn't EB/Gamestop until Wednesday, and the chain stores on Thursday (sometimes later Wednesday).

It would be a great question to ask why they don't do like 99% of the other publishers who ship them on Monday's (or in Microsoft and other specific titles) earlier so that games shipments can be just like DVD's and movies.

IMO, don't bother looking at chain stores tonight. Unless a miracle FedEx shipment comes in early, it won't be there unless the chain did something very special.

I really wish that they would switch to day and date just like DVD and CD. Explaining the same thing is getting tiresome. However, usually on the ship date, online retailers like Best Buy will ship directly from the warehouse to online preorder customers. So it would be shipped today and I would get my copy tomorrow. Problem is that Best Buy might not ship until Friday.

brand

hey it seems all the (NA) branches of the gaf warhawk clan are currently full. this is really upsetting, considering how great it was to play with the resitstance clan. should we start up another branch for the overflow? i'd really appreciate it... or... just let me in and kick out a fence-sitter / squatter!!!! :(

Doel

sonycowboy said:

My EB normally gets games on their ship date. They should have it tonight.

Bulla564

Banned
Ok... that's it.

I'm dipping work early. I just called my Best Buy (Pembroke Pines, FL) and they have it.

Anybody else around can go pick up their copy.

I'll be with you guys shortly to get my rookie ass handed to me.

Doel

I called my EB again (about 40min outside of Toronto) and they said "We didn't get it in for some reason" so they were expecting it to arrive today. >_<

Doel said:
I called my EB again (about 40min outside of Toronto) and they said "We didn't get it in for some reason" so they were expecting it to arrive today. >_<

I wonder if FS will price match this deal if BB doesn't have it in stock. Hmm...

Firewire

Banned
My EB games has them. If any of you guys want to make a trip.
It would be a good idea to call though. Not sure how many they got, & mine was
a pre-order.

8865 Yonge Street
Bayview Glen Plaza
Richmond Hill, Ont.

Crisis

Banned
Anybody notice that at least one person in every game sounds like complete bullshit? I mean they're completely unintelligible and it sounds garbled.

Darobga

Hey..just checking in to make sure GAF east invites didnt go out yet >_>. I'm working hard (rank 7 overall!). See you all on the battlefield.

User 406

Banned
Well, my closest Best Buy sez they're expecting it on the truck today but it hasn't arrived yet. I'll call them back later. Everywhere else is saying tomorrow.

Any Cleveland area people know of a place that has it in stock today?

Just braved gamefaqs and it seems like EBs are getting the game left and right here in Ontario. Yorkdale has it. I'm just not willing to pay $30 extra if I can get it for $39.99 from Best Buy. :(

Greg

Just played my first ranked game (only 4th game total, the other 3 being unranked) and got my Warhawk Wings for 1st place - this game is too damn boring if you are playing for ranked spots...I just abused the same shit over and over to get to 1st.

I like fucking around and messing with people - I guess that isn't worthy of points. :lol

Rayne.S

Banned
Downloaded on my shop PS3 .... in the expectation i would be able to download it on my home PS3 as well ( both using my own account ) I wonder ..... don't think i'll be able to play thanks to damn DRM <___<

dfyb

Banned
my server has been up since last night. no freezing.

[M]ayhem is the name of the server (dedicated ranked CTF and zones)

if any of you have played on it, care to give me feedback on the network quality? wondering if i should lower the max players. there may also be some ports i'll open on my router.

Rayne.S

Banned
Rayne.S said:
Downloaded on my shop PS3 .... in the expectation i would be able to download it on my home PS3 as well ( both using my own account ) I wonder ..... don't think i'll be able to play thanks to damn DRM <___<

And indeed, my purchased and downloaded Warhawk, on my account, different system refuses to boot. Errorcode everytime i try to start the game.

Nightz

Rayne.S said:
AFAIK you'll be able to download it on your home PS3 using the same account. You just have to wait 24 hours from when you downloaded with the other PS3.

balliinn

Banned
Bulla564 said:
Ok... that's it.

I'm dipping work early. I just called my Best Buy (Pembroke Pines, FL) and they have it.

Anybody else around can go pick up their copy.

I'll be with you guys shortly to get my rookie ass handed to me.

wtf? i just called and some lady said it's going to be release tomorrow...

???

Xater

bill0527 said:
God this game needs a training mode.

I feel like i'm being fed to the lions.

Just create an offline game and try everything out. That's what I did. I out tried all vehicles and then went online.

besada

Banned
dfyb said:
if any of you have played on it, care to give me feedback on the network quality? wondering if i should lower the max players. there may also be some ports i'll open on my router.

On it now. Seems fine.

ChryZ

TONX said:
Just had a few epic CTF games with Oni Jazar and Chryz. :D
I saw you playing and jumped in. It was like my second or third game and I was a bit rusty since the beta was such a long time ago. I stayed on that server for 2h scored pretty well, always in the top three, many times first place ... I love this game :D

Can the GAFu manager please edit the clan rooster? I bought the game with my us account, so don't send the invite to ChryZ, but to ChryZ-US. TIA.

spwolf

good, good.... around 250 servers up, many players on... and extremly entertaining :)
good job incog!

p.s. no crashes ever for me...

Top Bottom