• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Xater

ChryZ said:
Can the GAFu manager please edit the clan rooster? I bought the game with my us account, so don't send the invite to ChryZ, but to ChryZ-US. TIA.

Already happened as it seems. You are btw the first invite that worked.

Greg

spwolf said:
good, good.... around 250 servers up, many players on... and extremly entertaining :)
good job incog!

p.s. no crashes ever for me...
Yeah, it's looking good so far - 2 Sony games with absolutely fantastic net play (Resistance/Warhawk)

If SOCOM blows in the net code department like always, I'll be furious. :lol

FightyF said:
If only there was something like...automated AI controlled enemies you could play against...what were they referred to again? :D

Of you could start a server and password protect it, learn the controls and then play online with us.

BTW canceled the bundle and downloaded. Fuck this crap, SONY. Day 1 for all future retail/DL releases, bitches. =(

Doel

No luck at the 2 EBs in my city even though they are at every EB store the next city over.

What time does EB close on weekdays in Canada?

Grayman

so yo i have the usb ps2 headset and sometimes it isn't load enough to hear people. Is the speaker volume tied to my mic volume on the ps3 in any way? It's strange to be cranked to the max for medium volume. It was a lot better for metal gear online.

Grayman

Greg said:
How big can your friends list be in Warhawk? Come on people, my name is only 4 letters, send it! :lol

Greg
the friendslist is your existing psn friends list, limit 50. clan limit is 64, they don't have to be on your f-list.

lunlunqq

i just played a little bit more. i randomly joined a sony official dogfight sever to find that there were only me and 2 noobs in the fight. i'm like "it's might be fun to kill some noobs. :D :D :D" those pussies quit after i killed them 15 times... in a roll....:lol :lol :lol

i hope i didn't put them off flighting in wowhawk.

Anybody else having problems finding Warhawk in their town? The Wal-Mart I work at doesn't have it and neither does the BX, Gamestop, and Play N' Trade.

Fuck. I want to play this game now but I want the disc and not the download.

I'll put this up one more time:D. GAFe is full, please stop flooding my inbox! PLEASE READ THE THREAD. If anyone drops I already have a large waiting list of PSN names that I can add. Please do not send me your PSN name via PM, leave it in this thread since other people will be forming clans. GAFe IS FULL!

BlackGoku03 said:
Anybody else having problems finding Warhawk in their town? The Wal-Mart I work at doesn't have it and neither does the BX, Gamestop, and Play N' Trade.

Me too. I checked everywhere. One guy at Circuit City said he was supposed to get them in today but doesn't know what happened. Maybe he was just misinformed.

Tideas

Banned
BlackGoku03 said:

Most stores aren't putting it out until Wed/Thursday

lunlunqq

UnholySpectacle said:
I'll put his up one more time:D. GAFe is full, please stop flooding my inbox! PLEASE READ THE THREAD. If anyone drops I already have a large waiting list of PSN names that I can add. Please do not send me your PSN name via PM, leave it in this thread since other people will be forming clans. GAFe IS FULL!

hi unholy, just in case, i am in the original GAFe list and I haven't received the clan invite yet. wonder when you will shoot me the invite?

Flesh Into Gear said:
Me too. I checked everywhere. One guy at Circuit City said he was supposed to get them in today but doesn't know what happened. Maybe he was just misinformed.
Well nobody could tell me why they didn't get it but one person at Play N' Trade told me it was because the ship date is today but the release date is tomorrow... to which I replied, "That doesn't sound right..."

We got Tiger Woods in a few days ago, and it's release date is today, as is Warhawk. He kept telling me the release date is tomorrow but I said it was already on the PSN and the release date has alwas been today.

dralla

he doesn't have the game so invites haven't been sent out.

and the clan roster is in the OP, please check it before PMing people

Sony wants people to buy it off PSN, that's why the retail version is 1 day later

bill0527

Ok I'm getting the hang of it now, except for the warhawks - i practiced on those and i'm still worthless.

Last game I played some dude was running around knifing everyone. That may be the way to go because it seems more accurate.

ChryZ

Xater said:
Already happened as it seems. You are btw the first invite that worked.
Thanks!

Just logged in to accept the invite. Worked like a charm.

It's kinda awesome, just me and Sergol on the current member list ... GAF Europe is surely a fearsome force (at the moment) :lol

JdFoX187

Banned
I had to buy Warhawk on a separate account so my Warhawk PSN ID is Kolchak117. I don't have a mic, yet, but I can still hear everyone and listen to instructions :lol

Ashhong

i just had warhawk crash :(

but i think its more of an issue with PSN, because when i restarted my ps3, the PSN was having errors connecting..

I should have put this in my other post: Once again, I am a retail whore and will not have the game till tomorrow. GAFe will not get their invites till tomorrow night.

DON'T FORGET, our first matchup to show Safe Bet how much it sucks to be from another timezone will be this Thursday, August 30th at 10pm EST Specific server details to come tomorrow.

besada

Banned
Been playing for nearly 3 hours now. My eyes are so tired. But I'm beginning to get the hang of it. Played with whom I assume was another gaffer as they had a GAFw tag, name of Ashhong. At one point he managed to seize our base missile launcher, ath which point it became very difficult to guard our flag.

Getting better with the Warhawks. Learning how to lock on helped considerably.

cicatriz

UnholySpectacle said:
I should have put this in my other post: Once again, I am a retail whore and will not have the game till tomorrow. GAFe will not get their invites till tomorrow night.

DON'T FORGET, our first matchup to show Safe Bet how much it sucks to be from another timezone will be this Thursday, August 30th at 10pm EST Specific server details to come tomorrow.

PS
Kittowny is a traitor

Oh yes.

dralla

are there land mines in the game? They aren't listed on the official website and they aren't on 1up's guide either? I could've sworn I've seen them before

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
UnholySpectacle said:
I'll put this up one more time:D. GAFe is full, please stop flooding my inbox! PLEASE READ THE THREAD. If anyone drops I already have a large waiting list of PSN names that I can add. Please do not send me your PSN name via PM, leave it in this thread since other people will be forming clans. GAFe IS FULL!

LIES!!!! Two people dropped yesterday, I added Sonycowboy, but the other spot is still open.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
dralla said:
are there land mines in the game? They aren't listed on the official website and they aren't on 1up's guide either? I could've sworn I've seen them before

yep there are

sullytao

Bah just tried buying the psn version on my US account but it asks for my credit card billing address and will only let me enter a US one. :crys:

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
UnholySpectacle said:
My bad, he is not a traitor. I thought he was running over to GAFn.

Click is the traitor. I saw him in my buddy list and he's already in clan "GAF" : P

Xater

dralla said:

There are sticky mines. You can put them pretty much everywhere.

lunlunqq

TTP said:
yep there are

they better are. landmines are among the most fun weapons to use in warhawk... toss a mine on your own jeep and drive it into a swarm of enemies, get out in the last second to see a big explosion... that's really satisfying. and it's only one of the many ways to use mines.

garrickk

I was in the beta clan (one of them - even made it into a few pictures) and would like to be added to the GAF West (Portland, OR) waiting list. I'll be buying as soon as I find a retail box.

PSN: Garrick

lunlunqq said:
they better are. landmines are among the most fun weapons to use in warhawk... toss a mine on your own jeep and drive it into a swarm of enemies, get out in the last second to see a big explosion... that's really satisfying. and it's only one of the many ways to use mines.
Does anyone know if they nerfed the mines from the beta at all? I think their detonation area was a bit too large.

Any other tweaks noticed? I was hoping missile splash damage from a Warhawk to a foot soldier was increased as well.

Killthee said:
Click is the traitor. I saw him in my buddy list and he's already in clan "GAF" : P

WHAT?! I'm guessing you can't be in multiple clans. We might have another open spot then. I'm assuming that is the uber cool kids underground clan that a certain moderator is talking about....

besada said:
Why is there no GAFs clan for the Southern ladies and gentlemen?

Um, because you never started one? All it takes is a clan leader who does not care that they do a thankless job! You too can be that under-appreciated person!

Somewhere in this thread there was a guy who made a 2 or 3 month ban bet.

Warhawk will not get an 8 or higher from either IGN or Gamespot. Something like that. Anyone wanna keep tabs on that one? :D

narcosis219 said:
Somewhere in this thread there was a guy who made a 2 or 3 month ban bet.

Warhawk will not get an 8 or higher from either IGN or Gamespot. Something like that. Anyone wanna keep tabs on that one? :D

Oh shit... I remember that! It was in the last few days.

FIND HIM!

Raist

Banned
ChryZ said:
Thanks!

Just logged in to accept the invite. Worked like a charm.

It's kinda awesome, just me and Sergol on the current member list ... GAF Europe is surely a fearsome force (at the moment) :lol

C'mon man, let the NA folks have their headstart, they'll need it. :p

Grayman said:
the friendslist is your existing psn friends list, limit 50. clan limit is 64, they don't have to be on your f-list.

The PSN Friend List limit is 50??? The XBL limit was bad enough, but holy shit!

Top Bottom