• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

SpacLock said:
Sorry for the late response...

1. Hahaha no, sorry buddy. It's called a timezone. I also pmed pictures for proof. that guy was an idiot.

2. I thought that it was bad enough after 15 minutes... So yeah, i posted a my feelings.

3. So?

You guys are getting way too defensive. Take it easy.

If IGN gives this game an 8 or higher you can ban me for 2 months.
If GameSpot gives the game an 8 or higher you can ban me for an additional 2 months.

And with that i'll leave the thread for now. I'm not trying to flame guys.

Here's hoping everyone gives you a warm welcoming during Christmas. :D

KGKK

Banned
NOOOOOOOOOOO! I just went to BestBuy and they said they do not have it in yet and that I should come on the 30th to buy it:( I was so tempted to go check EBgames since I'm pretty sure I saw it as I walked buy, however it would have been a $40 difference. Oh well, at least now I have the rest of the day to work on my report which is due tomorrow.

Frillen

IGN Review: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/816/816472p3.html

9.0 Presentation
Easy to follow menus and descriptions will help anyone become a server host and ranked pilot in no time.
9.0 Graphics
Striking environments, with nuanced touches that show off incredible attention to detail. Keep an eye out for bodies in explosions.
9.0 Sound
The aural strength of the game is excellent. From the soundtrack to the sound effects, just about everything fits with the game's atmospheric action.
8.5 Gameplay
Fast paced action and engaging multiplayer for up to 32 people is a ton of fun. There is a steep learning curve however, so newcomers and even veterans may be chased away.
9.0 Lasting Appeal
There's a ton of ranks, ribbons and medal to earn, plus you can create and host your own games independent of Sony's servers. This will become a huge online community by itself.
Great OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Frillen said:
.0 Presentation
Easy to follow menus and descriptions will help anyone become a server host and ranked pilot in no time.
9.0 Graphics
Striking environments, with nuanced touches that show off incredible attention to detail. Keep an eye out for bodies in explosions.
9.0 Sound
The aural strength of the game is excellent. From the soundtrack to the sound effects, just about everything fits with the game's atmospheric action.
8.5 Gameplay
Fast paced action and engaging multiplayer for up to 32 people is a ton of fun. There is a steep learning curve however, so newcomers and even veterans may be chased away.
9.0 Lasting Appeal
There's a ton of ranks, ribbons and medal to earn, plus you can create and host your own games independent of Sony's servers. This will become a huge online community by itself.
Great OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Sounds like IGN. Where is this from?

EDIT: Yes it is! Let the banhammer come down!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/816/816472p1.html

Oni Jazar

TONX said:
Just had a few epic CTF games with Oni Jazar and Chryz. :D

Good stuff! I kept trying to take back our flag but they kept killing me before I could reclaim the flag. The respawn rate was too fast.

methane47

8.8??!?!

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

:lol :lol :lol :lol

8point8.jpg

Hey guys.. I think we should make a big fuss about this 8.8 fiasco!!! what do you think?

I think it deserves its own thread

Raist

Banned
Closing Comments
It may be multiplayer only, it may not have bots, and it may have a steep learning curve, but Warhawk lives up to its billing: a AAA experience that is an adrenaline rush for online fans. Large worlds, balanced combat mechanics and impressively deep server mechanics help this fast paced game soar. Regardless if you happen to prefer the retail version or the downloadable PSN title, this Sony exclusive shouldn't pass PS3 owners by.

snap

tribal24 said:
who said they were taking a 2 month ban if ign scored warhawk higher then a 8? i remember someone saying it.

I quoted him at the top of this page and PM'd him.

He has 2 extra months if Gamespot follows suit. :D

f@luS

More than a member.
im not bitchin but 8.8 with such comment is kinda low, looks like a 60$ game review, but the game isnt.

BTW , for europeen, the game is even a better deal , its half the price of usual games (30€ against 60€)

kurahadol

narcosis219 said:
I quoted him at the top of this page and PM'd him.

He has 2 extra months if Gamespot follows suit. :D

Why do I always think I'll be the first one to think of these things :lol

I've been eagerly awaiting this, serves him right :D

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Just finished a few games... I'd be interested in any clans that have started from the fallout of GAFe filling up (CST)

PSN: sefskillz

Harvey Hedonist said:
I have a couple silly questions.

Can you join a game in progress? Can I turn off in game chat? The voices grate.
Yes, just join as long as the room is not full

Yes, you have to go to Volume Control and you can mute everyone or just one person. I had to mute this fool cause he was talking ALL DAY

mintylurb

WasabiKing said:
Yes, just join as long as the room is not full

Yes, you have to go to Volume Control and you can mute everyone or just one person. I had to mute this fool cause he was talking ALL DAY
were you playing against Kittowny? ;d

besada

Banned
UnholySpectacle said:
Um, because you never started one? All it takes is a clan leader who does not care that they do a thankless job! You too can be that under-appreciated person!

What's involved in the thankless job. I've never run a clan before. Just organizing and getting people added as friends or such, or do I have to teach flight school and help that scared recruit turn into a man?

SpacLock said:

1. Hahaha no, sorry buddy. It's called a timezone. I also pmed pictures for proof. that guy was an idiot.

2. I thought that it was bad enough after 15 minutes... So yeah, i posted a my feelings.

3. So?

If GameSpot gives the game an 8 or higher you can ban me for an additional 2 months.

Maybe a bit longer than that. Why folks do ban bets is a mystery to me.

besada said:
What's involved in the thankless job. I've never run a clan before. Just organizing and getting people added as friends or such, or do I have to teach flight school and help that scared recruit turn into a man?

You have to be organized and trustworthy. Adding people to the list is just the start, you have to be responsible and follow the thread to arrange clan matches. You will also have to do housekeeping on folks who just dont play anymore or are annoying quitters. And most importantly, you want to start the clan because you REALLY want to do it and enjoy the group gaming experience. Don't do it just because you think people want a GAFs.

SpacLock said:

3. So?

BANNED! Still waiting on those extra 2 months.

besada

Banned
UnholySpectacle said:
Don't do it just because you think people want a GAFs.

I was just thinking of doing it because I want a GAFs, but you make it sound like a terrible drag, which isn't why I play videogames.

So, someone else start a GAFs clan and add me:D

Wow, lots of fun. I'm just crap in a warhawk, but I did very well otherwise. Definitely a better value than it has been made out to be.

freshair

Just finished another 2 hour play through. Haven't received the clan invite yet. (has Gafw been sent out yet?). Had it freeze on my once though, which sucks because the stats didn't have a chance to save. Finished the last game coming out first in overall score, despite my team losing. :(

Doel

EB needs to get their act together with how they handle shipping. The city next to me, all their EB stores have Warhawk (very little or no copies for those that didn't pre-order) yet none of the EBs in my city got it. WTF

Now I have to wait till tomorrow morning at the earliest, to get it.

Safe Bet

Banned
freshair said:
Just finished another 2 hour play through. Haven't received the clan invite yet. (has Gafw been sent out yet?)
You didn't recieve one because you hadn't logged on yet when I sent them this morning.

You should see one tonight...

JB1981

Just played for about an hour and a half on one of the SCEA servers. I had a great time. They made a lot of subltle improvements/refinements to the beta. For one, there are some new graphical upgrades that weren't there before. There are upgraded sound fx. The user interface is more intelligible. And the balance is much better. The game runs very well with a lot of players. The voice chat is clear and 100% improved. I did not crash one time. I wish there was more functionality within the game (like a messaging system) but maybe that will come somewhere down the line. All in all, I am very pleased and I can't wait to get a real game going with people who know how to play. Game is a blast.

Top Bottom