• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

gcubed

being the first online game i spent a lot of time in... how the hell do people play without clans? the gafe invitations didnt go out yet, and i guess i didnt look hard enough for a GAF server, but seriously, there are a bunch of total assholes playing CTF and zones. Team kills galore, etc.

Greg

gcubed said:
there are a bunch of total assholes playing CTF and zones. Team kills galore, etc.
Sorry?

EDIT: No, really though, this guy kept trying to run in front of my jeep for about 3 games straight - I just let him have it. :lol

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
snack said:
Whatever happened to the guy who said he would put up his account for a 2 month ban if IGN gave Warhawk over an 8?
He's outa here. peep 1 or 2 pages back.

Details
"SpacLock"
Sorry for the late response...

1. Hahaha no, sorry buddy. It's called a timezone. I also pmed pictures for proof. that guy was an idiot.

2. I thought that it was bad enough after 15 minutes... So yeah, i posted a my feelings.

3. So?

You guys are getting way too defensive. Take it easy.

If IGN gives this game an 8 or higher you can ban me for 2 months.
If GameSpot gives the game an 8 or higher you can ban me for an additional 2 months.

And with that i'll leave the thread for now. I'm not trying to flame guys.

and the aftershock....
SpacLock
Banned
(08-26-2007, 12:50 PM)
Reply | Quote

gcubed

Greg said:
Sorry?

EDIT: No, really though, this guy kept trying to run in front of my jeep for about 3 games straight - I just let him have it. :lol

nah, i would kill a guy on the other team who had the flag, and go stand to return it (never mind i was the only person playing defense) and someone would come up behind me and knife me from my own team. I'd be hiding in a corner as someone on the other team approached me and some guy on my team would just throw a grenade at me.

It motivated me to leave that server

Been playing off an on since late last night.

The game kicks ass. As others have mentioned the graphics have improved since the last time I saw it. So far absolutely no lag. It does take about an hour or so to get up to speed with the different flight modes, the various weapons, and other game details but once it does the enjoyment just keeps skyrocketing as you get better and better with the flight controls and weapons.

Haven't had any crashes, but did have one network disconnect.

Most hilarious thing I've seen so far was one CTF game where there was one guy who knew what he was doing and everyone else was newbies. It sounded like the guy was about to have a heart attack or pop a brain vessel as he continued scream orders to the team for the entire ten or fifteen minute game.

Most fun and satisfying part of the game has been the times turboing in all alone to an enemy base avoiding missiles, diving off in hover mode with your knife ready and taking everyone out with the combat knife as they all fumble around trying to line up you up in their guns.

Master Z

I've decided to go with the disc version but I probably won't be able to play until the weekend. WuTang420 should be there to join GAFn tommorrow.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
GAFw will be victorious, for the simple fact that I'm on it.

Seriously, you will feel my awesome come this Thursday. Bwahahahh!

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Whats the general opinion of this?
Do you "need" a headset to play this?
Or could i get it on PSN without a headst and still enjoy it?

chubigans said:
GAFw will be victorious, for the simple fact that I'm on it.

Seriously, you will feel my awesome come this Thursday. Bwahahahh!

51YPQGYSRWL._AA240_.jpg

Tiduz said:

You definitely don't need a headset to enjoy this game, but it would be a waste not to get one eventually since the game has so much depth in teamplay and strategy.

Tiduz said:

It's really enjoyable without headset as i mostly played without it during beta (wasn't picking up signal for weird reason alot of time... my PS3 was being a b*tch), but the game is Godly with teamwork and headset on.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
I think ill wait for the headset bundle then, altho im dutch so ill have a weird accent when playing with US guys :lol

Haklong

Just played for a coupld of hours. All I have to say is WOW. I did not expect itto be this fun. Hope to get some games with some GAF players. Anyone can add me.

PSN: Haklong

UnholySpectacle said:
I should have put this in my other post: Once again, I am a retail whore and will not have the game till tomorrow. GAFe will not get their invites till tomorrow night.

DON'T FORGET, our first matchup to show Safe Bet how much it sucks to be from another timezone will be this Thursday, August 30th at 10pm EST Specific server details to come tomorrow.
That sucks... I don't get off work until 11 that night. Oh well.

I'll be getting a new job at a computer repair shop next month so I'll be available for more match-ups.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
GUYS, PLEASE EITHER POST THAT YOU WANT TO JOIN A CLAN IN THIS THREAD OR SEND A P.M. TO A CLAN LEADER WITH A OPEN SPOT. Do not do both.

DO NOT'S
1. Do not request an invite without making sure your not in the roster. (Ctrl+f the roster)
2. Do not post requesting for an invite and send a P.M. to a leader, it confuses things.
3. Make sure the clan has a open spot before you P.M. a leader.
4. Avoid sending messages through PSN, use GAF.
5. Do not post partial info when requesting an invite. I'm skipping all the people who are doing this. Post your PSN ID, GAF username, Timezone, Location*, and your preferred open clan.
6. Do not freak out if we don't respond to your P.M.'s. Check the roster before you ask us whats going on, we might have updated you without replying back.

On that note, GAFn is filling up quickly (Heck of a job you're doing Varshes, keep up the good work) and it looks like we might need a GAFs pretty soon. Any volunteers to lead it when we run out of room in GAFn?

*Location is optional.

Belfast

I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring, then.

PSN: belfastga
GAF: Belfast
Timezone: EST
Preferred: GAFe (thought I counter 62/63 on the list, but I could be wrong)

didn't found the original post to quote, but the alaskan assassin is actually trajan langdon, a former duke star and cavs player that is playing overseas right now. it has nothing to do with shane battier.

bill0527

Protip: When you jump in a Warhawk and elevate, hit triangle to change from hover mode to flight mode.

I was actually trying to fly one of these things in hover mode all afternoon and getting seriously pissed cuz I kept getting shot down less than 20 seconds after I'd hop into one

J-Rzez

Dante said:
WTF my EBGames isn't getting them in till tommorow :(

I feel your pain, I won't have mine til tomorrow, and won't be on til 10pm-ish... :( I really wanna get on my warhawk... One of my best friends was in the beta, and i never went to check it out, too busy, but he played it non-stop... He's more hyped for it than any other online game this fall...

SSJChar

what is GAFn? is it north? if that includes canada, then reserve me a spot if possible.
GAF name: SSJChar
PSN name : SSJChar (i think)
timezone: uhh...saskatchewan timezone. always -6gmt
EDIT: oh ya, i don't have the game yet. futureshop didn't get their shipment yet. hopefully tomorrow.

calder

lol in my job I deal with remote meetings across western canada all the time (based in Winnipeg) and there is not a week go by that I don't bitch long and hard about Saskatchewan's stubborn refusal to get on the damn snake when it comes to Daylight Savings. ;)

The Jer

Tiduz said:
Oh man, it comes out in 1 day here, the wait is going to be hard for the bluray version, i dunno if ill make it :p

I know how you feel, man.

Having the downloadable version just there, tempting me. Readily available from my home....

I gots to hold out till thursday!

Gattsu25

Banned
The ground combat is "wow"

Is this the first "Battlefield" experience on a console?

The air controls are incredibly tight, the motion controls are slick (but enabling them puts *all* vehicles on tilt controls, even cars) The controls are great, the land vehicles are wonderful to drive...it really is a damn spectacular game. Zone mode rocks. Got first place on my last round and it's time for sleep. Fucking work, not like I hate my job but I really think I could use some more WarRAWK

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Belfast said:
I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring, then.

PSN: belfastga
GAF: Belfast
Preferred: GAFe (thought I counter 62/63 on the list, but I could be wrong)

Added you to GAFn, GAFe was full when I checked. Sorry : (

MoeB said:
PSN: MoeBT
GAF: MoeB
Timezone: EST/North
I'd like to join the north division

SSJChar said:
what is GAFn? is it north? if that includes canada, then reserve me a spot if possible.
EDIT: oh ya, i don't have the game yet. futureshop didn't get their shipment yet. hopefully tomorrow.

Added you two to GAFn. GAFn is just the 3rd N.A. GAF Clan.

prelude514 said:
PSN: Prelude514
GAF: Prelude514
I'd go for either GAFn or GAFe

I should have my copy tomorrow

Placed you in GAFn.

So I got to play it for a couple of hours last night. Really think I am going to like it!

I've already had some wow moments like spawning inside my base just in time to see a tank get blown to hell right in front of me by a warhawk.

Most of the vehicles and weapons feel pretty awesome. I had a greay 5-6 kill run in a tank my first time.

I also had an amazing snipe on that ruined capitol(destroyed capitol?) where I took out a guy with our flag in his base when I was on the other side of the bridge through a window.

I think I am gonna go to yodobashi to pick up a headset today.

Oh is there anyway to turn off motion control on tanks and other vehicles? I just stay the hell out of them most of the time because of that.

SSM25

SSJChar said:

I was at regina last month, part of the summer ESL program at regina. Beautiful place!

Core407

Banned
I bought the game at 12:01am last night and I got it downloaded in under 20 minutes. There are so many "wow" moments that I'm not going to mention them all. Probably the most memorable thing I saw was a guy driving the jeep and a warhawk came swooping down - about 3ft off the ground - and nailed the jeep with 2 perfectly placed missiles. This all happened in the span of 5 seconds. :lol

besada

Banned
My wow moment was running head on into another player at high speed, close enough to see his customized tags and watch his body follow mine after both our warhawks exploded.

That and my six warhawk killing spree from the missile launcher before four of them came at once to clear me out.

Core407 said:
I bought the game at 12:01am last night and I got it downloaded in under 20 minutes. There are so many "wow" moments that I'm not going to mention them all. Probably the most memorable thing I saw was a guy driving the jeep and a warhawk came swooping down - about 3ft off the ground - and nailed the jeep with 2 perfectly placed missiles. This all happened in the span of 5 seconds. :lol

There are some seriously good players out there. Perfectly switching between chaff, missles of various kinds, and those damn mines!

In dogfights, I do OK, but I don't stand a chance against some of those folks. Better to stick to the mission based game modes like Zones and CTF, because straight deathmatch against those guys can make it a long game.

But, it's only been 24 hours :lol

belvedere

Junior Butler
I had many wow moments tonight, but the most memorable was definitely when a noob tried to hop in my Warhawk after I had already taken it. I took off and didn't think much about it, expecting him to fly off as I entered flight mode like in the beta. To my surprise, he rode on top of my Warhawk long enough to watch me take out two other Warhawks. I didn't know this however, until I clipped the top of a tower and heard a scream. I regained my bearings just in time to watch his ragdoll ass bouncing down the side of the building.

Fucking awesome!

Top Bottom